Tenn-Martin too high

dbackjon
September 24th, 2006, 04:59 PM
UT-Martin @ 18??
NAU not in the top 40>???

NUTS - Hanson sucks!

FargoBison
September 24th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I usually post Hanson's rankings but today I read it and it wasn't ever worth taking the time to link to it. San Deigo at 20, give me a break.

Hansel
September 24th, 2006, 05:32 PM
SIU too low- Hampton too high...

ToreroTime
September 24th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Dont be jealous of USD's 11 game winning streak, if USD ever joins the Great West your going to be in some trouble.

AppGuy04
September 24th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Dont be jealous of USD's 11 game winning streak, if USD ever joins the Great West your going to be in some trouble.

You are starting to garner some respect, don't ruin that by coming off as classless:twocents:

FlyYtown
September 24th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Like I always say: Hansen is the man!

AppGuy04
September 24th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Like I always say: Hansen is the man!

wonder why:eyebrow: :rolleyes:

FargoBison
September 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Beating a bunch of underfunded schools and Yale isn't going to ever make me jealous. Beat UCD and then you will have proven yourself worthy of being a top 25 team in my eyes.

catamount man
September 24th, 2006, 06:59 PM
He has WCU falling completely out of the top 40 after one loss. Don't get this guy's rankings system. Oh well.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppGuy04
September 24th, 2006, 07:09 PM
He has WCU falling completely out of the top 40 after one loss. Don't get this guy's rankings system. Oh well.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I'm sure the score had something to do with it c man:twocents:

FU97
September 24th, 2006, 07:24 PM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

You got blown out and your "big win" over EKU was tarnished by them losing on Thursday night.

OrneryAggie
September 24th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Beating a bunch of underfunded schools and Yale isn't going to ever make me jealous. Beat UCD and then you will have proven yourself worthy of being a top 25 team in my eyes.

Don't give them anymore motivation. The way UCD goes up-n-down they could easily let USD sneak away with that one.

Hansel
September 24th, 2006, 07:40 PM
i'm guessing San Diego has an open invite.....

kats89
September 24th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Northwestern St?xidiotx

X-Factor
September 24th, 2006, 08:55 PM

Your right, all 5 teams in the Great West would be accused of running up the score by the end of the third quarter.

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Why not, Bison? It gets Hampton into the top 25......:eyebrow: ;)

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2006, 11:37 PM
After looking at that poll all I could do was laugh. I hope those who are ranked higher then they should be don't put to much faith in it, When and if they ever play a good team they will learn the ugly truth. I'll take results on the field over polls 7 days a week and twice on Sundays, Don Hanson the expert on small college football, I don't think so.
More like xidiotx

RabidRabbit
September 24th, 2006, 11:48 PM

Those of us in the GW, look forward to your funding schollies and playing us well.

Definitely will get a sense of USD as a non-schollie vs the Great West, when you play UC Davis. If you keep that game competitive, MT. St. would be surprised.:twocents:

Dallas Demon
September 24th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Northwestern St?xidiotx

Why not? If anything, we're too low. Look at who we have played. I guess we'll both see in 2 weeks in case you think the Bearkats should be there instead.

ToreroTime
September 25th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Hopefully some of you guys can watch the USD vs UCD game because you will get to see some of the great skill players and amazing QB we have.

Killtoppers90
September 25th, 2006, 06:58 AM
I am surprised to find WKU on any poll right now but I'll take it.

kats89
September 25th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Why not? If anything, we're too low. Look at who we have played. I guess we'll both see in 2 weeks in case you think the Bearkats should be there instead.

You think just because you got blown out by Baylor and Kansas you belong in the top 40? Come on. Yes we will see in two weeks. Looking forward to the trip to Nachitoches..

P.S. No I do not think SHSU belongs there, but if you are basing on who you played, then yes we should be in the top 20.

Blue Hen Nation
September 25th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Richmond seems a little low

Tenn-Martin too high

Agreed, Richmond is a legitimate Top 10 team.

Dallas Demon
September 25th, 2006, 09:48 PM
You think just because you got blown out by Baylor and Kansas you belong in the top 40? Come on. Yes we will see in two weeks. Looking forward to the trip to Nachitoches..

P.S. No I do not think SHSU belongs there, but if you are basing on who you played, then yes we should be in the top 20.

It's not just who we played, but how we played against them. The score was not indicative of how the game went. With both Kansas and Baylor, the stats were basically even. Kansas scored a bunch of points late in the 4th with their first team still in passing until the end playing against our 2/3rd teamers. Mistakes/special team breakdowns was the difference. Same with Baylor, except 5 turnovers and 20 (gulp) penalties. Three passing TDs by Baylor late in the 4th while the game was already out of reach against 2/3rd teamers. Both Kansas and Baylor needed big score wins and took advantage of it. A similar thing can be said about McNeese vs South Florida and against Toledo. The stats/physical matchup showed something different than what the final score indicated.

Conversely, Sam Houston was already blown out at half (35-0) and shortly thereafter (42-0) to SMU who was beaten the week before by North Texas 24-6. We'll see in a couple of week who the better team is so we won't have to speculate.

BTW, I'm hoping to be at the game - if so, I'll let you know and you can stop by our tailgating area for refreshments! Let me know if you are coming for sure.

siugrad99
September 25th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Hampton @ 8 & WIU @ 16 are a joke. We all know if Hampton were in the A10, Patriot, Gateway, Big Sky they'd have 2-3 losses in conference per season & WIU... beat someone other than the Little Sisters of the Poor to earn the ranking. Come to Carbondale in 2 weeks and leave with a W then you'll earn a top 20 ranking.

birdsflyhigh
September 26th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Hey there all you Leathernecks, those there are some fightin' words....wouldn't you say? IMO the WIU-SIU game should be a big time battle. Guess we'll see how the "little sisters of the poor" slayers stack up against the Salukis. Hmmm? :)