PDA

View Full Version : Sac State Coach speaks out

Ronbo
September 24th, 2006, 01:43 PM
All week we heard Sac State was confident about playing Cal Poly tough. They have 10 starters back on defense and believe it's their strength.

http://missioulian.com

“They were hitting on all cylinders,” said Sac State coach Steve Mooshagian. “They kicked our butt in every aspect of the game. When you go through a game like that, there's really not much you can say. ... They outplayed us in all aspects. They outcoached us in all aspects.”

Yeah, but Coach, what did you really think?

“If they play like this, they're not going to lose (another) game,” Mooshagian said.

Tailbone
September 24th, 2006, 02:16 PM
That link won't take you anywhere useful.

Try this one: http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2006/09/24/sports/sports02.txt

OrneryAggie
September 24th, 2006, 02:21 PM
outplayed and outcoached, you could say that about every team Suc St plays. No doubt the Griz are a good team but I wouldn't trust anything that sucker mooshagian says.

GreenDay17
September 24th, 2006, 02:25 PM
outplayed and outcoached, you could say that about every team Suc St plays. No doubt the Griz are a good team but I wouldn't trust anything that sucker mooshagian says.

Agreed. It always amazes me how fast someone can go from being "full of crap" to "right on" just because they say something flattering.

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Doesn't suprise me coming from Sux-State. Like was pointed out every week he can say that. Why would you go to school there if your an athlete? Well football anyway. Pretty funny stuff a coach admitting he sucks. Guess he's at the right school Sux State.

Proud Griz Man
September 24th, 2006, 04:23 PM
This week's game at PSU will be more revealing. UM is still a young team and is still growing/maturing without Lex. :nod:

NoCoDanny
September 24th, 2006, 05:00 PM
A lot of class acts posting in this thread. I have a feeling as soon as their program hits a bump in the road we won't see them around much.

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2006, 05:07 PM
A lot of class acts posting in this thread. I have a feeling as soon as their program hits a bump in the road we won't see them around much.
Did you mean a knife in the road?
Sorry that was just way to easy but I couldn't help myself xlolx

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I think what you guys hit is a little more then a bump, I would say you guys drove into the side of a mountain :nod:

Tod
September 24th, 2006, 05:30 PM
This week's game at PSU will be more revealing. UM is still a young team and is still growing/maturing without Lex. :nod:

Somebody said the Griz are a young team awhile back, and I have to wonder how a team with 17 starters who are either seniors or juniors can be considered young? :confused:

ncbears
September 24th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I am hoping PSU will kick the Griz's ass. Can't stand Griz fan.

GreenDay17
September 24th, 2006, 07:16 PM

An ass kicking will be a tall order, but we'll try. Would a simple PSU victory be enough?

Tod
September 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Of course you can't, it's called jealousy. I don't blame you a bit, I'd be jealous, too. :rolleyes:

mtgrizfan4life
September 24th, 2006, 08:34 PM
NCbears, for being new to the Big Sky conference, Isn't it too soon to hate any team yet? Why MT? For the most part our fans are friendly. IF you have not been here for a game, I hope you make it sometime. If you have been to one, Did you have a bad experience with other fans? Are you just so tired of the Griz being good year in year out? Believe me, we saw many lean years prior to the last 15. I feel sorry for whoever the coach is and we do not make the playoffs. Hopefully, that will not be any time soon. Finally, my best regards, thoughts, and prayers for all the NC program has been through the past few weeks. I hope good things begin to happen again for NC, and welcome to the Big Sky.

griz37
September 24th, 2006, 08:42 PM

We love you too! :thumbsup:

Ronbo
September 24th, 2006, 09:02 PM
NCbears, for being new to the Big Sky conference, Isn't it too soon to hate any team yet? Why MT? For the most part our fans are friendly. IF you have not been here for a game, I hope you make it sometime. If you have been to one, Did you have a bad experience with other fans? Are you just so tired of the Griz being good year in year out? Believe me, we saw many lean years prior to the last 15. I feel sorry for whoever the coach is and we do not make the playoffs. Hopefully, that will not be any time soon. Finally, my best regards, thoughts, and prayers for all the NC program has been through the past few weeks. I hope good things begin to happen again for NC, and welcome to the Big Sky.

Let's all pray for UNC!

GreenDay17
September 24th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Agree fully with the bolded statement. The vast majority of Grizzly fans are both friendly and knowledgable. Any team, at any level, would be proud to have a fan base (and I'm not talking about size) that rivals the typical Grizzly fan.

I'd like to say - Go Grizzlies, lose to the Vikings!!

Tod
September 24th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Agree fully with the bolded statement. The vast majority of Grizzly fans are both friendly and knowledgable. Any team, at any level, would be proud to have a fan base (and I'm not talking about size) that rivals the typical Grizzly fan.

I'd like to say - Go Grizzlies, lose to the Vikings!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

That was good! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Edit - laughing at the humor, not the Vikings chances, which, of course, are very, very good.

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2006, 09:14 PM

Griz - 28
PSU - 10

You heard it here first.

And don't hate me because I'm beautiful.....;) ;) ;)

nevadagriz
September 24th, 2006, 10:57 PM
No co danny who were you refering to? Nc bears what did the Griz do to you? We haven't even played you guys yet? Look at some of the posts on this board about fans, stadiums and programs the griz are well respected, we would like to keep it that way so tell us what we did to you????????

Green26
September 24th, 2006, 11:18 PM
In this weekend's game, UM started only 5 seniors (out of 24 starters if the kickers are included): the qb, center, d-end, d-tackle and corner. UM has only 9 seniors on the team (excluding those who are out for the season and excluding 1 former non-qualifier who will qualify for another year if he graduates before next season). UM also starts 5 sophomores and 2 frosh. There are 10 junior starters (12 if the kickers are included).

I wonder how many top 10 teams have only 5 senior starters?

ncbears
September 24th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I never said I hated the Griz. I just hate their fans. I respect the hell out of the Griz. They're what every 1AA team should be. It's fans like Ronbo that belittle every other program that piss me off. What's the point of this thread? Is it to belittle Sac State? I think so. You kicked their butts, let it be. There is no need to post a quote like that Ronbo and no need to even start a thread. Everyone know's the Griz are going to be a tuff team to beat, why post this ****?

BTW, I won't be making my way to Missoula. When I do travel to away games, I make sure to go to a place where they don't belittle my team if we lose, i.e. Ronbo. It's not just Ronbo either. He's the worst fan I have ever seen on a board, but he's not the only one. He has NO class.

Tod
September 24th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I never said I hated the Griz. I just hate their fans. I respect the hell out of the Griz. They're what every 1AA team should be. It's fans like Ronbo that belittle every other program that piss me off. What's the point of this thread? Is it to belittle Sac State? I think so. You kicked their butts, let it be. There is no need to post a quote like that Ronbo and no need to even start a thread. Everyone know's the Griz are going to be a tuff team to beat, why post this ****?

BTW, I won't be making my way to Missoula. When I do travel to away games, I make sure to go to a place where they don't belittle my team if we lose, i.e. Ronbo. It's not just Ronbo either. He's the worst fan I have ever seen on a board, but he's not the only one. He has NO class.

That's some funny **** right there, I don't care who you are! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

griz&beer
September 25th, 2006, 01:31 AM
We will not belittle your team after they lose. Most likely someone will bye you beers after the game. Go to Red's and you probley will not pay for a beer all night. There are some real A holes out there but few and far between.

griz&beer
September 25th, 2006, 01:31 AM
We will not belittle your team after they lose. Most likely someone will bye you beers after the game. Go to Red's and you probley will not pay for a beer all night. There are some real A holes out there but few and far between.

Grizo406
September 25th, 2006, 02:06 AM

To help bolster your point about Griz fans, I'll say I'm sorry I didn't post the Mooshagian quotes before Ronbo did.

And I won't be coming to Greeley this year because of your post, so there!

RobsPics
September 25th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Griz - 28
PSU - 10

You heard it here first.

And don't hate me because I'm beautiful.....;) ;) ;)

Who are those pretty girls in your avatar?

Green26
September 25th, 2006, 09:21 AM
How does quoting the opposing team's coach = belittling the opposing team? While some UM fans, including Ronbo, are enthusiastic about their team, I think some of the posts in this thread are offbase.

For the most part, UM fans are very good and, of course, support their team very well. They cheer hard for their team during the game, and may give the opposing team alittle grief--but afterwards the fans are respectful of the opponent and are friendly to opposing fans. Teams that have put in a strong effort, but came up short, are often cheered as they leave the field, by the fans close to the tunnel. Opposing fans are generally treated well in the bars and restaurants in Missoula. Of course, there are a few knuckleheads or jerks; the rivalry with Mont. St. creates some bad behavior on both sides, mainly from the younger crowd; and trash-talking by some on message boards is probably not a good indication of a fan base.

NoCoDanny
September 25th, 2006, 09:31 AM
No co danny who were you refering to? Nc bears what did the Griz do to you? We haven't even played you guys yet? Look at some of the posts on this board about fans, stadiums and programs the griz are well respected, we would like to keep it that way so tell us what we did to you????????

My comments weren't directed at Montana fans, I have no issues with them. What I see as pathetic are fans of teams not even involved in the game that waste everyone's time to post comments like "Suc State Suxs! LOL OMFG." Typically these are from fans of programs that are riding high and hey all credit to those program, great for you. But would they be acting so boorish if their program was in a down swing? I tend to think not, which makes it even more lame in my opinion. Why even waste electricity posting garbage like that?

Someone please explain to me how those type of posts are contributing to this community in any way, shape, or form?

Just my 2 cents.

putter
September 25th, 2006, 10:29 AM
My comments weren't directed at Montana fans, I have no issues with them. What I see as pathetic are fans of teams not even involved in the game that waste everyone's time to post comments like "Suc State Suxs! LOL OMFG." Typically these are from fans of programs that are riding high and hey all credit to those program, great for you. But would they be acting so boorish if their program was in a down swing? I tend to think not, which makes it even more lame in my opinion. Why even waste electricity posting garbage like that?

NoCo, I agree that posting just to bash another program is not needed, rivalry teams excluded....

Someone please explain to me how those type of posts are contributing to this community in any way, shape, or form?

Just my 2 cents.

OK, I 'll give it a try. People have said the Griz may have a down year because of a transfer QB, losing a Peyton candidate running back. Ronbo (in my opinion) was sharing the comments of an opposing coach on how the Griz played in the game and could play into the future. I would have to say that kind of information would be useful to other I-AA fans who are wondering about how the Griz are progressing. If you took it a different way, then so be it, but just because it is your opinion does not mean that others agree.

I agree with the statement that posts put up there just to bash a down program are not needed, rivalries excluded...

Grizzaholic
September 25th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Danny....who **** in your cereal?

OrneryAggie
September 25th, 2006, 12:06 PM

My two favorite teams are UCD and whoever is playing Suc St. I will continue to belittle Suc St no matter if the ags are 11-0 or 1-10, just as long as we don't lose to Suc St. This type of post is the only way to keep an otherwise lopsided rivalry interesting.

Seems someone is bitter at old conference mates. I remember quite a few big arguements between UNC fans and dakota fans stemming from UNC's on field troubles and jealousy over the Big Sky invites

DaGriz
September 25th, 2006, 12:56 PM
What I see as pathetic are fans of teams not even involved in the game that waste everyone's time to post comments like "Suc State

Davis fans have every right to write what ever they want about Suc St. That's their rivals. And so does anybody else in the conference. We have the right to call ISU thugs even when we aren't playing them, because that's what they are. Cheap shotting thugs. MSU talks crap about us when we aren't playing them, that's their right. Welcome to the Big Sky, you aren't in DII anymore. Hope you can handle it. And Griz fans are for the most part are great people that will you buy you a beer and invite you to their tailgate. With success comes arrogance, in some. Also with success comes jealousy from the competition. Sounds like you have some.
Oh yeah, here's to add fuel to the fire. Another article from today on Swogger to the NFL. It's called "Swogger Might be working Sundays"
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2006/09/25/sports/sports01.txt

Grizo406
September 25th, 2006, 03:10 PM

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think NCD has to explain, the intent of his post was clear to me.

I would like to hear a little more from ncbears regarding his " BTW, I won't be making my way to Missoula. When I do travel to away games, I make sure to go to a place where they don't belittle my team if we lose..." comments.

The Hubble Telescope wouldn't be able to pick up what your absence in Missoula on game day would mean.

putter
September 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM
The Hubble Telescope wouldn't be able to pick up what your absence in Missoula on game day would mean.

I am still laughing at that one! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

mtgrizfan4life
September 25th, 2006, 03:53 PM
As for Ronbos original post on this. I am sure he did not post it to upset anyone. Ronbo loves his GRIZ and is very informative and respected at egriz.com. If he was like me after the Sac State game, He was excited as could be. All griz fans have watched this team be very inconsistent offensively since Ochs graduated, even with him we struggled. The Sac State game was a game where everything just clicked. The break out game Griz nation has been waiting for what seems like forever. Myself, I cannot recall any griz game where we played that dominating in every aspect. I left that game saying "WOW". I know every fan at any sport at any level at some time has experienced one of those games rather your team was applying the beating or being beaten. Sac St coach Mooshagian summed it up well after the game. There was not much he could say or do. He and every person in attendance or watching the game were awstruck and shocked at level of play the Griz played. Not sure if that game will be good or bad for the Griz. I am being realistic and not expecting that kind of performance very often. However, there are other fans that will expect that for every game this season. If that game is used as an indicator though, there is no doubt that the GRIZ are a team to be reckoned with, maybe feared by some teams. We are excited here regarding this year and the next few, being we only have 9 SRS this year. No matter how the offense performs rest of the year, we have 2 things in our favor that make our chances good for the NC. Our Defense is very good and deep, and the loudest fans/stadium in 1-AA. Which makes it difficult for any team to come in and beat us here. As for NC, I really do wish the program the best with all they have been through and welcome them to the Big Sky, we are proud to have you be part of the BSC.

VictorG
September 25th, 2006, 04:04 PM
In NCD's defense, not that he needs one, I think that part of what he is getting at are past posts regarding NC admittance to the BSC. In Ronbo's posts on the subject he was quite critical of NC and likened it to dumbing down the conference. Ronbo had his reasons for his posts and he was quite "strong" in stating them.

As far as I'm concerned, I too would have liked to have seen SDSU and NDSU admitted to the BSC but it didn't happen. I think NC will develop into a good football program with time and I also think the TV market for the Big Sky has been vastly enhanced with their addition. I wish them well in their venture!

And Grizo, if the Hubble is pointed at Missoula, we all know what it will be looking for (or at)!!!:D

SactoHornetFan
September 25th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I agree with the Griz fans posts. I came up to the game on our charter. We had our you know what's handed to us. That said, even though the Griz dominated (and really, it was the first time that I have ever seen UM do that to us), I thought we improved offensively a little. If we can do that in a game where we were whooped, then I see some good progress for us.

As far as comments about us, hey, our record is what it is. No sugar coating. I also still hate Davis and everything they stand for. Will continue to the day I die no matter what happens. See the great thing about there name is you can always place a "F" ahead of UCDavis without adding a "k" and its pretty self-explanatory :hurray: xlolx

Cap'n Cat
September 25th, 2006, 04:10 PM
And Grizo, if the Hubble is pointed at Missoula, we all know what it will be looking for (or at)!!!:D

What, this **** in your backyard?

http://www.drgreenthumb.com/Photos/GreenthumbSeedsPhoto066_EndlessSky.jpg

NoCoDanny
September 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Davis fans have every right to write what ever they want about Suc St. That's their rivals. And so does anybody else in the conference. We have the right to call ISU thugs even when we aren't playing them, because that's what they are. Cheap shotting thugs. MSU talks crap about us when we aren't playing them, that's their right. Welcome to the Big Sky, you aren't in DII anymore. Hope you can handle it. And Griz fans are for the most part are great people that will you buy you a beer and invite you to their tailgate. With success comes arrogance, in some. Also with success comes jealousy from the competition. Sounds like you have some.
Oh yeah, here's to add fuel to the fire. Another article from today on Swogger to the NFL. It's called "Swogger Might be working Sundays"
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2006/09/25/sports/sports01.txt

Wow dude, did you even read my post? 2 things:

A.) I said I have no issue with Montana so I don't understand the chip on the shoulder there.

B.) I have no problem with someone saying a team sucks and then actually having some sort of arguement why. But just posting Suc State or whatever is a waste of everyone's time.

I'm shocked this is even debated. Do people really enjoy reading posts with zero content like that?

Regarding the jealously, yes, I certainly hope UNC is able to achieve some sort of success even similar to Montana's. However, jealousy is all relative. My arguement would be if you're the top dog then why not move up and take on the Boise and Fresno State's? Be arrogant, fine, but beating a small time team like UNC isn't that impressive.

mtgrizfan4life
September 25th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Moving up? That is the most controversial subject at Egriz.com.

AggieFinn
September 25th, 2006, 05:53 PM
...As far as comments about us, hey, our record is what it is. No sugar coating. I also still hate Davis and everything they stand for. Will continue to the day I die no matter what happens. See the great thing about there name is you can always place a "F" ahead of UCDavis without adding a "k" and its pretty self-explanatory :hurray: xlolx

And what exactly do we stand for since you seem to know all about it? Obviously, you weren't a witness for the past six years. You wanna help your school win? Bring all your friends to the games. Stay positive. Yell your ass off. Have some school pride. Come on out to Toomey this season to see the Hornets take on the Ags. Learn something from the Aggie fans while the Hornets learn something from the Aggies. :cool:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ucda/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/284543.jpeg

SactoHornetFan
September 25th, 2006, 05:58 PM
And what exactly do we stand for since you seem to know all about it? Obviously, you weren't a witness for the past six years. You wanna help your school win? Bring all your friends to the games. Stay positive. Yell your ass off. Have some school pride. Come on out to Toomey this season to see the Hornets take on the Ags. Learn something from the Aggie fans while the Hornets learn something from the Aggies. :cool:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ucda/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/284543.jpeg

Please. I have been at every Causeway Classic since 1982. Don't tell me about learning something from your fans. If anything, their classic F Sac State chant during the National Anthem (of All Songs) in 2003 at Hornet Stadium was lowest your fans have ever sunk. :nono:

SactoHornetFan
September 25th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Please. I have been at every Causeway Classic since 1982. Don't tell me about learning something from your fans. If anything, their classic F Sac State chant during the National Anthem (of All Songs) in 2003 at Hornet Stadium was lowest your fans have ever sunk. :nono:

AggieFinn
September 25th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Better than downing your own team, and I hear that a lot from Sac State fans, not you specifically, but I hear and read it a lot. I think they just need something to cheer about, something to take pride in, and they haven't had that for a while in terms of football. The Causeway Cup is a good thing though, CSUS took that last year. I just wanna see the contest stay competitive on the field, fans put aside, there's always going to be animosity off the field, but let's get the game back to where it was. Having the game late in the season will help that in my opinion. The, uh ***** Davis shirts were also a nice touch at the '03 game, worn by almost every Sac State student. :cool:

GoAgs72
September 25th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I don't think any Sac State fan ever felt threatened at a UC Davis game or outside our stadium. How about threading your way through beer bottles at the Hornet stadium parking lot, being threatened by hooligans and having a car vandalized? Try supporting your team in a positive way. Have more Hornet fans at home games than UC Davis fans. Come up with something creative for your band instead of copying Aggie favorites. We have a rivalry with Cal Poly without a lot of name calling or ranting. Actually, insulting comments seem to have subsided over the years as the quality of both the teams as well as the academics increased at both Cal Poly and UC Davis.

AggieFinn
September 25th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I don't think any Sac State fan ever felt threatened at a UC Davis game or outside our stadium. How about threading your way through beer bottles at the Hornet stadium parking lot, being threatened by hooligans and having a car vandalized? Try supporting your team in a positive way. Have more Hornet fans at home games than UC Davis fans. Come up with something creative for your band instead of copying Aggie favorites. We have a rivalry with Cal Poly without a lot of name calling or ranting. Actually, insulting comments seem to have subsided over the years as the quality of both the teams as well as the academics increased at both Cal Poly and UC Davis.

Case in point, one of the Aggie family coming in to back his alumni up, not too many individuals at UC Davis. thnx '72 :cool:

I Bleed Purple
September 25th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Damn, this sucks having no natural rivals.

That said, I don't think anyone outside of Missoula are indifferent to Montana like I am to say Eastern Washington (We stole your Defensive Coordinator, neener, neener, neener.)

(Let's not mention the 1-10 his last year, mm-kay.)

VictorG
September 25th, 2006, 07:22 PM
What, this **** in your backyard?

http://www.drgreenthumb.com/Photos/GreenthumbSeedsPhoto066_EndlessSky.jpg

No, something along the lines of wearing a kilt in cold weather!xlolx

What the heck is that a picture of anyway???

Grizo406
September 25th, 2006, 08:02 PM
No, something along the lines of wearing a kilt in cold weather!xlolx

What the heck is that a picture of anyway???

Like you don't know!:eek: :eek: :eek: xlolx xlolx

VictorG
September 25th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Looks like someones head dress at a Vegas show to me!

I guess I've led to sheltered of a life! (Need better friends. Mine never had anything like that!)

SactoHornetFan
September 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Are you kidding me. The 1996 game at the Toom when we won 27-24, I was in our band and people were throwing bottles at us after the game. In 1998, also there, your AD oversold our bands seats and Aggie fans were tossing garbage at us (thank God our new uniforms were not in yet). And 2002 game at Hughes, don't get me started. Several hundred of your students in the stands spitting and throwing those beads at our band before halftime. :mad: :nono:

What do you mean copy Aggie favorites. xidiotx We have had our favorites well and long before the Aggie Band ever had theirs. Quit accusing our band of ever stealing something from the Aggie Band. Of course Im still waiting for the Aggie Band to steal good musicianship skills from us, but, until the Aggie Band ever gets a Faculty Director and the inmates continue to run the asylum that is the Aggie Band, that will never happen.

SactoHornetFan
September 26th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Damn, this sucks having no natural rivals.

That said, I don't think anyone outside of Missoula are indifferent to Montana like I am to say Eastern Washington (We stole your Defensive Coordinator, neener, neener, neener.)

(Let's not mention the 1-10 his last year, mm-kay.)

What do you mean, ISU isn't your rival?? xidiotx

AggieFinn
September 26th, 2006, 01:04 PM
...until the Aggie Band ever gets a Faculty Director and the inmates continue to run the asylum that is the Aggie Band, that will never happen.

Is this supposed to be knocking the Band-Uh!? :cool:

OrneryAggie
September 26th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Is this supposed to be knocking the Band-Uh!? :cool:

Agree. The Band-Uh! is great because it's student run and directed. They haven't missed a football game, home or away, in over 70 years, something that would've been impossible to do if the band were run by the administration.

SactoHornetFan
September 26th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Agree. The Band-Uh! is great because it's student run and directed. They haven't missed a football game, home or away, in over 70 years, something that would've been impossible to do if the band were run by the administration.

That's fine as a student spirit group. As for the sound of the band, which is why it is there, they need to practice a little more musicianship. Also that's false about being all games if there was a band director. Just look at Cal, USC, UCLA, all Big 10 Bands, SEC Bands, etc. They send at least 100 member pep bands in uniform to all away games if the full band does not go. And they have band directors.

Russ B
September 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM
If you would like to attempt to unravel the mass of red tape that has been involved in interviewing and hiring a new director, I'm sure the Band would love the help.

Some things are beyond their control, of course, like having a candidate turn down the job offer because his fiancee's parents didn't want them to move to California. :|

Another otherwise qualified candidate ignored years and years of Aggie Band tradition and history and stated that he thought the Band should stop travelling to away football games. Buh? :bang:

AZGrizFan
September 26th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Who are those pretty girls in your avatar?

The other two thirds of a set of triplets....me being the third. ;) ;) ;)

I Bleed Purple
September 26th, 2006, 04:31 PM
What do you mean, ISU isn't your rival?? xidiotx
They're not a natural rival. ISU's is UI. There are three universities closer to Weber State than ISU is. It's not a border war either, as both are a couple hours from the Utah-Idaho border.

So, no, ISU isn't a natural rival.

SactoHornetFan
September 26th, 2006, 04:53 PM
They're not a natural rival. ISU's is UI. There are three universities closer to Weber State than ISU is. It's not a border war either, as both are a couple hours from the Utah-Idaho border.

What do you mean each is two hours from the border..I have made the drive in under 2 hours going between each for volleyball and basketball trips. Heck even Mapquest puts it at 130.45 miles and 1 hour and 52 minutes of travel time>> xidiotx

ISU and WSU are definitely geographic rivals.

AZGrizFan
September 26th, 2006, 04:55 PM

That may have been true several years ago, but not since UI went I-A. That would be like saying Weber's natural rival is BYU. Besides, when I attended UI (pre I-A), our natural rival was Boise State, not ISU. We gave a rats ass about ISU. Weber can have them. xlolx

ucdtim17
September 26th, 2006, 05:42 PM
That's fine as a student spirit group. As for the sound of the band, which is why it is there, they need to practice a little more musicianship. Also that's false about being all games if there was a band director. Just look at Cal, USC, UCLA, all Big 10 Bands, SEC Bands, etc. They send at least 100 member pep bands in uniform to all away games if the full band does not go. And they have band directors.

That's the exception, not the rule. Pac 10 bands don't generally travel with the team except for the rivalry games. Notre Dame band doesn't travel with the team. Not sure about SEC

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2006, 06:23 PM
didn't realize there was so much hatred between uc-davis and sac st

GoAgs72
September 26th, 2006, 08:58 PM
No hatred here - just love. This is California, dude.

Football: Take a look at the past record. UC Davis - most appearances of any team in D2 playoffs. Likely to be in D1AA (or the new name) playoffs in first several years of eligibility. Sac State - MIA

Academics: One of top research universities. Most research publications of any U.S. university in agriculture, environmental science and foods and nutrition.

Band: Bands are supposed to entertain at football games. Take a vote - which band is more entertaining? No Aggies or Hornets, please.

Ronbo
September 26th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Did Davis ever win a Championship?

mtgrizfan4life
September 26th, 2006, 09:05 PM
AS for the football record, it may take them about 20 years providing montana misses the playoffs any the next five years or moves to 1A.

ucdtim17
September 26th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I guess it's obvious why we continue to have a lively rivalry with them. We have a superiority complex and they often attempt to make fun of us for being smart. We've been at a big scholarship disadvantage competing with them for 15 years (probably long before I assume?) and just about always cleaned their clocks, save for a few years here and there. Now we'll soon be playing from the same starting point and believe it or not, they can put 2 and 2 together and it's not pretty for them.

ucdtim17
September 26th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Did Davis ever win a Championship?

Nope - plenty of semifinal appearances and at least one (?) championship appearance but no title