PDA

View Full Version : Attn: UNH, Send Helmet to ESPN!

Retro
September 24th, 2006, 12:04 AM
OK, Since David Ball is likely to break the Rice record in the next 2 weeks and possibly more records later, UNH needs to send ESPN a New Hampshire helmet so they can award a helmet sticker to him..

You know that espn is not going to have this helmet on hand.

Dane96
September 24th, 2006, 12:08 AM
They just gave him some nice play on ESPN....

And they actually said "HE WILL OWN THE DI RECORD."

Okay, so they prefaced that statement with previous ones of IA and IAA...but it is a start.

ISUMatt
September 24th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Those helmet stickers are pretty gay

JALMOND
September 24th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I just want to know if Corso will wear the UNH helmet.

WildcatFan
September 24th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Do you think they can call him David Ball instead of David Bell after he breaks the record?

jennifer03878
September 24th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Do you think they can call him David Ball instead of David Bell after he breaks the record?

I actually emailed ESPN asking them to PLEASE pronounce his name correctly. How they can make a mistake on such an easy name is beyond me.... Oh wait, this is ESPN we are talking about:smiley_wi (I love SportsCenter don't get me wrong but they seem to have troubles pronouncing names)

Sam Adams
September 24th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I'm sure espn knows all about UNH, its only a few hours drive from the studios and i'm sure there are UNH alums working at espn. Somebody could just drive Ball over to bristol, xcoffeex

kardplayer
September 24th, 2006, 08:25 AM
They interviewed Ball live on ESPNNews yesterday - so they are definitely giving some level of props...

ysubigred
September 24th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Awesome props for UNH and 1AA :thumbsup:

Who would win this game the 06 UNH team vs the 03 Hens team?

Sam Adams
September 24th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Awesome props for UNH and 1AA :thumbsup:

A very good UMass team (A10 champs) was UD's equal in 03 (took the hens to triple OT at the tub). If fact UMass was the only team UD struggled with all year. (UMass then got screwed by the selection committee, sentenced to play in the Icebowl and the rest is history)

Thus far UNH looks to be unstoppable. So ask me after November 4th and I'll have an answer for you.

TheValleyRaider
September 24th, 2006, 01:27 PM
A very good UMass team (A10 champs) was UD's equal in 03 (took the hens to triple OT at the tub). If fact UMass was the only team UD struggled with all year.
I'm pretty sure UD had struggles with UNH and Maine that year, as well as Northeastern (who actually did beat the Hens that season).

(UMass then got screwed by the selection committee, sentenced to play in the Icebowl and the rest is history)
Sure, if that helps you sleep at night:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

00bluehen
September 24th, 2006, 01:43 PM
A very good UMass team (A10 champs) was UD's equal in 03 (took the hens to triple OT at the tub). If fact UMass was the only team UD struggled with all year. (UMass then got screwed by the selection committee, sentenced to play in the Icebowl and the rest is history)

Thus far UNH looks to be unstoppable. So ask me after November 4th and I'll have an answer for you.
Note to Hens fans: Don't take the bait!! :bang:

Sam Adams
September 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I'm pretty sure UD had struggles with UNH and Maine that year, as well as Northeastern (who actually did beat the Hens that season).

Sure, if that helps you sleep at night:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Glad someone took the bait! Figgers it would be a gate fan.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I actually emailed ESPN asking them to PLEASE pronounce his name correctly. How they can make a mistake on such an easy name is beyond me.... Oh wait, this is ESPN we are talking about:smiley_wi (I love SportsCenter don't get me wrong but they seem to have troubles pronouncing names)
But BALL??? How hard is that.....really?! I mean, ESPECIALLY when you're reading a freakin' teleprompter! :nonono2: :nonono2:

89Hen
September 27th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Those helmet stickers are pretty gay
I agree. Really makes Corso and Holtz look feeble.

89Hen
September 27th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Depends on which '03 team you let play. The one from the regular season where they were good but not great, or the playoff team when they had everyone back and were pretty darn good. In the first case, I'd give it to UNH, in the second, it'd be pick 'em.

BTW, UNH has always given the Hens fits, even when the Hens were having a good year and UNH wasn't. :nod: