PDA

View Full Version : Villanova Knocks off Penn!

ngineer
September 23rd, 2006, 11:40 PM
In the continuing saga of unexpected wins, Villanova beat Penn 27-20 at Franklin Field! 'Nova was 0-3, having lost to Central Florida, Lehigh, and UMass, while Penn beat Lafayette at Lafayette's home opener last week.
The Wildcats' slow start could have spelled a really dismal season, but with this win over a quality team on the road, they make some noise in the A-10 yet. Congrats to the team for not letting the previous three weeks take them down. Not easy to do when everyone is sniping at you.

Dane96
September 23rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Wow...I stopped watching that one...SHAME ON ME.

Nice win for Nova..

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 23rd, 2006, 11:43 PM
In the continuing saga of unexpected wins, Villanova beat Penn 27-20 at Franklin Field! 'Nova was 0-3, having lost to Central Florida, Lehigh, and UMass, while Penn beat Lafayette at Lafayette's home opener last week.
The Wildcats' slow start could have spelled a really dismal season, but with this win over a quality team on the road, they make some noise in the A-10 yet. Congrats to the team for not letting the previous three weeks take them down. Not easy to do when everyone is sniping at you.

One day Penn will finally beat 'Nova. Every year they lose a heart breaker to the Cats.

RadMann
September 24th, 2006, 06:37 AM
This really was not a surprise and to be honest I felt going in that Nova was the favorite. Nova has been in each game this year including the I-A game and are just a slightly stronger team than Penn this year as the game showed.