PDA

View Full Version : Montana/Portland State

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
Griz win big at home against Sac State. Portland State outlasts Weber. So it brings us to this game. Early weather report says high 60's and no rain. A famous wrestler once said "to be the man, you got to beat the man" so we need a big win over the Griz. PSU has not lost at PGE Park since the conference opener in 2004. Sets up for a great game.

Who's coming?

griz37
September 23rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
I will be there Jalmond! We are thinking of camping up near Mount Hood on Friday night before we come into the city. Any idea how the weather up there has been?

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
This game looks like an early Big Sky championship game.

nevadagriz
September 23rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
The key will be to not let Psu get a early lead! In 2004 we fell behind early due to turnovers and could not overcome them at the end. In 2002 it took a last minute pass to our rb to pull out the win. Psu plays us tough as hell in PGE. This game scares me just a little!

Tod
September 23rd, 2006, 11:01 PM
The key will be to not let Psu get a early lead! In 2004 we fell behind early due to turnovers and could not overcome them at the end. In 2002 it took a last minute pass to our rb to pull out the win. Psu plays us tough as hell in PGE. This game scares me just a little!

Scares me more than "just a little". :eek:

GreenDay17
September 23rd, 2006, 11:06 PM
Scares me too. The Grizzlies played dominant defense today and made plays in the special teams to give the offense great field position.

Unlike PSU though, the Montana offense was very productive. PSU's offense will have to perform at a much higher level or this one won't be fun for the Vikings.

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2006, 11:08 PM
I will be there Jalmond! We are thinking of camping up near Mount Hood on Friday night before we come into the city. Any idea how the weather up there has been?

Snow level came down to Timberline Ski Area (4000 ft or so) last week. With no rain in the valley forecasted, should be OK. Just chilly.

DaGriz
September 24th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I'll be there and have my tickets. How have the home games been doing attendance wise? Any chance of a sell out or close to it?

JALMOND
September 24th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I'll be there and have my tickets. How have the home games been doing attendance wise? Any chance of a sell out or close to it?

It would be great for a sellout as PGE Park sits 30,000 for football. Only home game we've had this year was N Colorado and I think we got 5000 for that game. I guess the sellout all depends on how many Griz show up.

The most we've had since we went to I-AA was I believe we had 13,000 for the Griz game two years ago or the one in 1999.

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2006, 12:34 AM
It would be great for a sellout as PGE Park sits 30,000 for football. Only home game we've had this year was N Colorado and I think we got 5000 for that game. I guess the sellout all depends on how many Griz show up.
You would think you would have had more fans then that just to see what Northern Colorado's punter was going to do. Kick the ball or stab itxlolx

Proud Griz Man
September 24th, 2006, 12:40 AM
PSU is good. Good enough? We'll see saturday. Who's QBing PSU?

griz37
September 24th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Jalmond do you tailgate at all?

RobsPics
September 24th, 2006, 04:38 AM
You would think you would have had more fans then that just to see what Northern Colorado's punter was going to do. Kick the ball or stab itxlolx

The stabbing took place a few days after the PSU/UNC game.

RobsPics
September 24th, 2006, 04:39 AM
I'll be there taking lots of pics as usual. I will also be taking pics in the tailgating area so be there!!

You can see some of my previous sports pics here:

http://www.robspics.com/gallery.html

:)