PDA

View Full Version : Princeton 26 Lafayette 14

LEHIGH61
September 23rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Just thought I would post since no one from Lafayette wanted to. Boy, you Leopards are really scary, a proven juggernaut. You should try putting your money where your mouth is.

Tod
September 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
This is not the smack board. Take it outside! :nonono2:

LEHIGH61
September 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
They,ve been bragging. I just thought I would put a "damper" on it

LeopardFan04
September 23rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Bragging? I don't know about that...I think most of the guys on the board made the trip to NJ tonight...I couldn't make it, but watched on TV...part of me thinks it could've been alot worse, but part of me thinks a couple of breaks would have altered the result...Leopards couldn't convert when they needed to...and just couldn't stop Princeton...another Ivy League loss...hopefully they'll look better next week against Yale.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
Just thought I would post since no one from Lafayette wanted to. Boy, you Leopards are really scary, a proven juggernaut. You should try putting your money where your mouth is.

Umm, Princeton beat Lehigh last week 14-10 so you can't say anything. The Pards are however really really bad against the Ivy League. The only Ivy team they've beaten is Columbia since 2003. Lehigh gets arguably the best Ivy, Harvard, next week at home after having two weeks to get things organized. If Lehigh loses i hope they don't beat themselves like they did last week. One team from the PL will assert itselfs atleast to some degree i believe. This league is not very good but there's still too many good players and coaches for that not to happen.

LeopardFan04
September 23rd, 2006, 08:44 PM
One team from the PL will assert itselfs atleast to some degree i believe. This league is not very good but there's still too many good players and coaches in this league for that not to happen.

I agree...I think this year more than ever in recent memory that there may be some results that are more unexpected...but I still expect LU, LC, or the Gate to win the title...frankly right now I'm just really curious as to see how the conference schedule will play out...It seems like there's no way to tell which teams will show up each week...

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Bragging? I don't know about that...I think most of the guys on the board made the trip to NJ tonight...I couldn't make it, but watched on TV...part of me thinks it could've been alot worse, but part of me thinks a couple of breaks would have altered the result...Leopards couldn't convert when they needed to...and just couldn't stop Princeton...another Ivy League loss...hopefully they'll look better next week against Yale.
I don't think anyone in the Patriot League should be bragging at this point

LeopardFan04
September 23rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Agreed...: smh :

Lehigh Football Nation
September 23rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
This just in: PRINCETON IS GOOD!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 23rd, 2006, 10:01 PM

Which must mean Lafayette and Lehigh are not.

ngineer
September 23rd, 2006, 11:31 PM

Yes, LFN, you've been taking some grief from people on your blog about your prior statements as to Princeton being underratated--so I'm glad you've finally been vindicated; although it was apparent to me last week that Terrell was a quality QB and if given time will kill a secondary.
ONe of those years it appears where the Ivy has certainly established itself. Note, also, Yale's trouncing of Cornell, so the Bucknell win the other week is no longer the big surprise we thought it was.
I watched most of the Lafayette/Princeton game and, yes, Lafayette made some mistakes that hurt themselves, but when crunch time came it was the Tigers. They moved the ball very well, except for the third quarter when both teams seemed to have left their offense in the locker room. Very impressed with Princeton's MLB, Song. He killed us on the 4th and one last week and did the same thing to Hurt. Amazing.
Plus, Princeton's DB Artis made two beautiful interceptions by out positioning Adair. He is an excellent athlete, as he picked Threatt as well last week. So while the Tigers lost a lot from last year, the 'newbies' have really 'stepped up' to the task. Ivy will should be a four team race.

carney2
September 24th, 2006, 12:47 PM

Yes, LFN, I remember you saying that - at least twice. Also, congrats on the Monmouth pick. I think that the only two people who had this one right were you and some guy living in a cardboard box in Jersey City. Your credibility is on the upswing.

Go...gate
September 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Princeton is much better than expected. Roger Hughes has recruited well and Terrell has clearly improved by leaps and bounds.

colgate13
September 24th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Princeton might be good... but I'd wager they'll find a way to lose in the Ivy League race.

September 24th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Princeton might be good... but I'd wager they'll find a way to lose in the Ivy League race.Any reason for the smack?

Ivytalk
September 24th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Princeton might be good... but I'd wager they'll find a way to lose in the Ivy League race.

You betcha! Yale will bitch-slap them, as always.

Pards Rule
September 24th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I was humiliating myself on the golf course on Saturday so I missed the other humiliation. I am going to Yale game on Saturday.

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Any reason for the smack?

Yeah Princeton usually finds a way to stumble down the stretch.. whether it be Yale, Harvard, or Penn.

jimbo65
September 25th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I agree...I think this year more than ever in recent memory that there may be some results that are more unexpected...but I still expect LU, LC, or the Gate to win the title...frankly right now I'm just really curious as to see how the conference schedule will play out...It seems like there's no way to tell which teams will show up each week...

Being a Fordham fan, I root for a program that is part of the problem rather than part of the solution. The PL is really deteriorating including the Big Three (Pards excluded so far though they considered dropping fball not long ago). The solution is in the type of schollies we offer. We must go to talent based rather than financial need. Nothing against the NEC but really. No secret why they are beating us this year. They now give scholardhips.

Even more outrageous is Duquense beating us with a program that ekes out its existence with, though I have not personally seen them, high school facilities.

As far as which team wins the title, whoever does will be best of the worst.