PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 AGS Poll discussion you could maybe take a look at prior to voting.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM
First thing I wanted to tell the illustrious voting block here is that I believe I have fixed the instant email feature on the poll. When you vote your ballot should return to you fairly quickly.

Look at your vote. Maybe compare it to last week's poll in an effort to make sure you didn't leave anyone off that you should not have. NOT SAYING you should try and mimic last weeks overall poll just want you to use it as a "check" for an important team that you could have left off your ballot.

If you do make a mistake and would like to fix it then pm or reply to the address that the ballot came from and we will work out the best way to correct the problem with you.

Most importantly, there are a ton of real quality teams judging by results so far that should get not only serious consideration from you but probably get the nod on your ballot. Look at the wins & losses and the quality of those wins and no matter what that teams name is choose the best 25 in your own opinion or philosophy of what is important.

Anyone that feels like making a case for a certain team please feel free to do so because it sure can't hurt to toot the horn of a deserving team. There are many of them.

Most importantly, some of you have missed the first two votes and if you miss this one you are done for the season so get your vote in.

Squealofthepig
September 14th, 2013, 10:06 PM
There are a TON of deserving teams out there - some that may be missing on some ballots that look to be entering my ballot this week (and who seem to be under-represented by fans on AGS, and aren't in the power conferences):

Bethune-Cookman: OK, I had them at 22 last week, but their win at FBS FIU (along with a road win at Tennessee State [and home blowout of Virginia Union]) should have them on everyone's radar.

Tennessee-Martin: A quality road win to start the season at UTC had most of us focus on chattownmocs' offseason trash-talk, and a loss at FBS Boise State may have let many forget. But this weekend they eked out another win over a highly-regarded Central Arkansas team. We all should circle Novemeber 23rd on our calendars - EIU@UTM may just be a good one.

Gardner-Webb: The Big South has posted some quality wins already this year, and Gardner-Webb's victories over Furman and Richmond (albeit both at home) are impressive - we'll know a lot more about them next week when they travel to Terrier land.

Coastal Carolina: 3-0, with a home victory over Furman - and road wins at SC State and EKU. While maybe not eye-opening for some, the Chanticleers are worth considering.

Charleston Southern: Road wins at The Citadel and at Campbell have me keeping track of the Bucks too.

North Carolina A&T: wins at App and vs. Elon help make the MEAC look a lot stronger.

I'm sure there are others - and love to hear more discussion on some of these teams, along with conversation on some of the other teams that are flying under the radar (e.g., 3-0 Maine; the 'Nova team with the more forgivable loss to Fordham, etc).

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2013, 10:15 PM
There are a TON of deserving teams out there - some that may be missing on some ballots that look to be entering my ballot this week (and who seem to be under-represented by fans on AGS, and aren't in the power conferences):

Bethune-Cookman: OK, I had them at 22 last week, but their win at FBS FIU (along with a road win at Tennessee State [and home blowout of Virginia Union]) should have them on everyone's radar.

Tennessee-Martin: A quality road win to start the season at UTC had most of us focus on chattownmocs' offseason trash-talk, and a loss at FBS Boise State may have let many forget. But this weekend they eked out another win over a highly-regarded Central Arkansas team. We all should circle Novemeber 23rd on our calendars - EIU@UTM may just be a good one.

Gardner-Webb: The Big South has posted some quality wins already this year, and Gardner-Webb's victories over Furman and Richmond (albeit both at home) are impressive - we'll know a lot more about them next week when they travel to Terrier land.

Coastal Carolina: 3-0, with a home victory over Furman - and road wins at SC State and EKU. While maybe not eye-opening for some, the Chanticleers are worth considering.

Charleston Southern: Road wins at The Citadel and at Campbell have me keeping track of the Bucks too.

North Carolina A&T: wins at App and vs. Elon help make the MEAC look a lot stronger.

I'm sure there are others - and love to hear more discussion on some of these teams, along with conversation on some of the other teams that are flying under the radar (e.g., 3-0 Maine; the 'Nova team with the more forgivable loss to Fordham, etc).

Excellent work squel, that is exactly what need around here to get things going before the ballots go in. Great post man.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 10:16 PM
How about those pesky Chattanooga Mocs who have now taken care of Georgia State easier than Stamford and West Virginia and handled Austin Peay about as easy as Tennessee and Vandy. No quality wins but a level of dominance over the last 2 weeks that only a top 25 team could produce in back-to-back weeks.

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2013, 10:24 PM
How about those pesky Chattanooga Mocs who have now taken care of Georgia State easier than Stamford and West Virginia and handled Austin Peay about as easy as Tennessee and Vandy. No quality wins but a level of dominance over the last 2 weeks that only a top 25 team could produce in back-to-back weeks.

With loss to UT-M who I would have slightly in (potentially) the top 25...

MTfan4life
September 14th, 2013, 10:24 PM

I already voted for them in my FBS poll and I'm not allowed to vote for the same team in both polls. Don't worry though , I put them top 5.

MTfan4life
September 14th, 2013, 10:26 PM
With loss to UT-M who I would have slightly in (potentially) the top 25...

UT-M was 8-3 last season with an FBS win. I know that has nothing to do with this year, but it's not like they have come from nowhere like Gardner-Webb. This season they have beaten both Chattanooga on the road and Central Arkansas. Are there any reasons not to rank Tennessee-Martin by now?

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2013, 10:29 PM
UT-M was 8-3 last season with an FBS win. I know that has nothing to do with this year, but it's not like they have come from nowhere like Gardner-Webb. This season they have beaten both Chattanooga on the road and Central Arkansas. Are there any reasons not to rank Tennessee-Martin by now?

Good point. I haven't looked at the results too much today other than it was a bloodbath of upsets. My whole poll is probably going to be turned upside down.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Either only quality wins count, or not. You can't talk about Chattanooga's lack of quality wins and then barely put UT Martin (who has 2 good wins ) in the top 25. Use your brain.

Squealofthepig
September 14th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Good point. I haven't looked at the results too much today other than it was a bloodbath of upsets. My whole poll is probably going to be turned upside down.

To be fair, until we exercise better judgment (and kill tons of fun discussion) and don't even vote until week five or so, our ballots SHOULD be in tatters. I had Central Arkansas at seven last week and ISUr at 17. I had Fordham way down at 23. I had EKU just outside my top 25. And even the results don't always help - how do I evaluate JMU or McNeese after this week's performance? Or a Stony Brook team that lost to FBS Buffalo - but a perrenial bottom-10 dwelling Buffalo.

To quote Johnny Five from Short Circuit - more data please! Until we get more results we'll be uncertain how good a lot of these teams are as, as much as we try to think otherwise, the associative property does not work with football.

rokamortis
September 15th, 2013, 05:58 AM
To be fair, until we exercise better judgment (and kill tons of fun discussion) and don't even vote until week five or so, our ballots SHOULD be in tatters. I had Central Arkansas at seven last week and ISUr at 17. I had Fordham way down at 23. I had EKU just outside my top 25. And even the results don't always help - how do I evaluate JMU or McNeese after this week's performance? Or a Stony Brook team that lost to FBS Buffalo - but a perrenial bottom-10 dwelling Buffalo.

To quote Johnny Five from Short Circuit - more data please! Until we get more results we'll be uncertain how good a lot of these teams are as, as much as we try to think otherwise, the associative property does not work with football.

Agreed, I've had to significantly alter my poll for this week. I think things are starting to get clearer for me for the first 15 or so spots and still a jumble towards the end. A couple of more weeks should help clarify.

wmmii
September 15th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Let me add to the mix William & Mary. They led WVA or were tied with them until 4 minutes to play and have easily handled both Hampton and Lafayette. The D is doing an outstanding job and they now have 3 quality RB to spread the work load. Senior QB is showing leadership and appears the revolving door at that position has ended with a backup senior QB and our best QB from last year on the bench waiting. Coach Laycock fired his OC of 25+ years plus gave up the play calling turning it over to Coach Rogers who was QB coach for 5 yr at Minn Vikings and D has restocked. Got home game with RI this week and a bye until game at Nova. Give Tribe some votes!

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2013, 07:30 AM
How is everyone evaluating Montana St? Do you take into account the fact that McGhee is out until mid-October and their backup looked pretty bad against a D2 squad or do you drop them accordingly even though they didn't lose?

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Another couple of questions for me are..

1. Even though SDSU has won the last two weeks they haven't looked sharp. I might have understood the UN_ game but UN- has no defense (at least not pass defense). Given that SDSU is primarily a running team they are looking to be somewhat over ranked. This weeks game just confirmed that. Even though they won do they drop in the poll?

2. Somewhat related to #1 is Montana's drubbing of UN- again I think Montana moves up for sure but I saw one person posted elsewhere that they should be top 5. Beating a hapless defense to the pulp while it was an impressive performance again it was against a team with no pass defense. So where do you put Montana? They will move up for sure just how far?

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
How is everyone evaluating Montana St? Do you take into account the fact that McGhee is out until mid-October and their backup looked pretty bad against a D2 squad or do you drop them accordingly even though they didn't lose?

I'm dropping them pretty hard. You are judging the team how they are NOW, which means they don't have their big man McGhee.

Let's put it this way for how this week is going: I can't even get a top 10 put together, I only have 1-8 and I still have changed them around 2-3 times.

MSUBobcat
September 15th, 2013, 09:05 AM

I'm dropping them pretty hard. You are judging the team how they are NOW, which means they don't have their big man McGhee.

Let's put it this way for how this week is going: I can't even get a top 10 put together, I only have 1-8 and I still have changed them around 2-3 times.

Chaos, you drop teams for beating a D-II team?

Since I'm working in the "Patch" near ND, our satellite gets the ND broadcast channels and wasn't able to watch the game and had to resort to Gamecast. From the stats, it didn't appear Bleskin "looked pretty bad against a D-II team". He had over 200 yards and a TD in the 1st half and over 300 yards and 2 TD with no INT in the game. As I said, didn't get to watch it, so if either fan from Fargo did, can you tell me what you saw that looked so bad, or is it just more NDSU-MSU hate? FWIW, Jensen, who has played a ton of games in the last 3 years, went for 259 yards, 2 TD and an INT against D-II competition last week. Bleskin hasn't really played in 3 years and probably needs some time to get up to game speed.

Honestly just curious about Bleskin's performance, not intended to start a b!tch fest.

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM

I don't drop teams for winning, but I may move teams ahead of them to replace teams that dropped below.

uofmman1122
September 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM
2. Somewhat related to #1 is Montana's drubbing of UN- again I think Montana moves up for sure but I saw one person posted elsewhere that they should be top 5. Beating a hapless defense to the pulp while it was an impressive performance again it was against a team with no pass defense. So where do you put Montana? They will move up for sure just how far?I'm not telling you how to vote, but even comparatively UM crushed UND much worse than SDSU, a team many have in their top 10, did. xcoffeex

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I'm not telling you how to vote, but even comparatively UM crushed UND much worse than SDSU, a team many have in their top 10, did. xcoffeex

IMO, Montana is a top 10 team.

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Chaos, you drop teams for beating a D-II team?

Since I'm working in the "Patch" near ND, our satellite gets the ND broadcast channels and wasn't able to watch the game and had to resort to Gamecast. From the stats, it didn't appear Bleskin "looked pretty bad against a D-II team". He had over 200 yards and a TD in the 1st half and over 300 yards and 2 TD with no INT in the game. As I said, didn't get to watch it, so if either fan from Fargo did, can you tell me what you saw that looked so bad, or is it just more NDSU-MSU hate? FWIW, Jensen, who has played a ton of games in the last 3 years, went for 259 yards, 2 TD and an INT against D-II competition last week. Bleskin hasn't really played in 3 years and probably needs some time to get up to game speed.

Honestly just curious about Bleskin's performance, not intended to start a b!tch fest.
:o Oopsies, that was me digging through box scores a little too quick this morning and not knowing enough about MSU's backup. I was thinking MSU's QB was 5/16 but that was Colorado Mesa's QB.

In any case, I am dropping Montana St in my poll this week just because they won't have McGhee for a month (which I wasn't aware of when I submitted my poll last week) and I tend to agree with IBY's take that teams should be ranked based on their current personnel. I'm not dropping them a ton but they will lose a bit this week. Not because they beat a D2 team but because they lost their starting All American QB.

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Fordham must be voted in to the top ten. I'm not sure if they were in the AGS top 25... and they weren't in the TSN and coaches t25 after beating ranked Nova!

Consider: Handled URI, beat top 25 Villanova and FBS Temple, a team that gave Notre Dame a game for a half.

Team not deserving any votes: Lehigh, who is in nearly everyone's poll mainly based on past performances. Lehigh is not great... they were handled by NEC CCSU and were down 34-17 in the 4th before a furious rally led to a win (LU throws ball a lot and CCSU had bad pass defense). And, Lehigh barely beat Monmouth yesterday, a team that was handled by Liberty and Montana state. Lehigh gave up 500+ yards to Monmouth. And the thing is, they have a soft schedule.... so many wins likely and not true measure how good they are. Other teams I've read about deserve their spot.

bjtheflamesfan
September 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM

At this point Im keeping the Mocs out because they really haven't played anyone of quality in their first three games (even if they do have a win ove ran FBS team...its GSU...). You get the week off and then your first real chance at a "signature win" against GaSou. Win that one and youll see the Mocs get some looks at the top 25, but not before.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Fordham must be voted in to the top ten. I'm not sure if they were in the AGS top 25... and they weren't in the TSN and coaches t25 after beating ranked Nova!

Consider: Handled URI, beat top 25 Villanova and FBS Temple, a team that gave Notre Dame a game for a half.

I agree, Fordham is a top ten team easily right now.

Maine is also worth a look, they're a CAA dark horse at the moment, but they do have 3 wins, including a FBS win.

Humble Steward
September 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Great post and very accurate view on legitimate wins for these squads.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I know it's referred to as dropping a team but for me it's really more about just looking at the teams and based on the new information saying "how do these teams stack up". When a team loses a star player they may not be seen as less of a team and they don't even need to lose. If I just don't see them as "as good" as then they take a new spot in the rankings. The more they've proven over the course of the year the harder it is for me to not see them "as good" based on a single game so they get more entrenched with history that year.

So yes in my mind teams can drop even by winning if you are looking at other teams that you previously had under ranked are proving to be better. I made the mistake in under reanking some teams in the first place and need to correct that so the teams I had over ranked may need to be readjusted a little bit.

citdog
September 15th, 2013, 02:07 PM

Team not deserving any votes: Lehigh, who is in nearly everyone's poll mainly based on past performances. Lehigh is not great... they were handled by NEC CCSU and were down 34-17 in the 4th before a furious rally led to a win (LU throws ball a lot and CCSU had bad pass defense). And, Lehigh barely beat Monmouth yesterday, a team that was handled by Liberty and Montana state. Lehigh gave up 500+ yards to Monmouth. And the thing is, they have a soft schedule.... so many wins likely and not true measure how good they are. Other teams I've read about deserve their spot.

The lehigh homers are the WORST. They will STILL put them in. They have NO shame.

Skyhawk71
September 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM
At this point Im keeping the Mocs out because they really haven't played anyone of quality in their first three games (even if they do have a win ove ran FBS team...its GSU...). You get the week off and then your first real chance at a "signature win" against GaSou. Win that one and youll see the Mocs get some looks at the top 25, but not before.

I would say that they have not defeated a quality team, but I would think that Tennessee-Martin proved yesterday that they are a quality team

Tribal
September 15th, 2013, 02:38 PM
When will the new poll post?

Update: Found the other thread stating the banner isn't loading.

bjtheflamesfan
September 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I would say that they have not defeated a quality team, but I would think that Tennessee-Martin proved yesterday that they are a quality team

UTM certainly is a quality team...I had them in my top 25 then my computer crashed and reconstituted it from memory so I may have left them out but that is faulted to my memory if that did happen.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM
When will the new poll post?

Update: Found the other thread stating the banner isn't loading.

It actually did load finally but I had to put it at the bottom of the page. Struggled last night to get that on. I will find out after the poll closes Monday what the problem was and try and have it fixed and in a routine location going forward. Sorry for the conjusion this week.

MSUBobcat
September 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM
:o Oopsies, that was me digging through box scores a little too quick this morning and not knowing enough about MSU's backup. I was thinking MSU's QB was 5/16 but that was Colorado Mesa's QB.

In any case, I am dropping Montana St in my poll this week just because they won't have McGhee for a month (which I wasn't aware of when I submitted my poll last week) and I tend to agree with IBY's take that teams should be ranked based on their current personnel. I'm not dropping them a ton but they will lose a bit this week. Not because they beat a D2 team but because they lost their starting All American QB.

I know it's referred to as dropping a team but for me it's really more about just looking at the teams and based on the new information saying "how do these teams stack up". When a team loses a star player they may not be seen as less of a team and they don't even need to lose. If I just don't see them as "as good" as then they take a new spot in the rankings. The more they've proven over the course of the year the harder it is for me to not see them "as good" based on a single game so they get more entrenched with history that year.

So yes in my mind teams can drop even by winning if you are looking at other teams that you previously had under ranked are proving to be better. I made the mistake in under reanking some teams in the first place and need to correct that so the teams I had over ranked may need to be readjusted a little bit.

I agree completely with both of you, which is why I asked how the injury would have affected last week's poll if voters had known. In Chaos' case, maybe I misread what he meant by dropping them accordingly even though they beat a D-II team. I think teams should definitely be ranked based on the current personnel, so you can "drop" with a win. I also think you can move down with a win even without losing any players, especially early in the year due to the proper pecking order starting to take shape based on teams' body of work and not last year or speculation.

I don't care where MSU is ranked, at least not at this point in the season. There is plenty of time and we'll know more about the backup after next weekend when they play FCS competition in SFA. My post to Chaos and IBY was more of an inquiry if either had seen the game, as box scores don't always tell the whole story, i.e. QB missed wide open receivers, receivers making tough catches that pad his stat line, etc. Just wanted an opinion of the backup, so I know if I should have confidence in Bleskin, or get ready for the season to go down the crapper. :D

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I agree completely with both of you, which is why I asked how the injury would have affected last week's poll if voters had known. In Chaos' case, maybe I misread what he meant by dropping them accordingly even though they beat a D-II team. I think teams should definitely be ranked based on the current personnel, so you can "drop" with a win. I also think you can move down with a win even without losing any players, especially early in the year due to the proper pecking order starting to take shape based on teams' body of work and not last year or speculation.

I don't care where MSU is ranked, at least not at this point in the season. There is plenty of time and we'll know more about the backup after next weekend when they play FCS competition in SFA. My post to Chaos and IBY was more of an inquiry if either had seen the game, as box scores don't always tell the whole story, i.e. QB missed wide open receivers, receivers making tough catches that pad his stat line, etc. Just wanted an opinion of the backup, so I know if I should have confidence in Bleskin, or get ready for the season to go down the crapper. :D

I did not get to watch the game, I wish I could have. I'm going to drop MSU in my poll a bit not because they beat a DII team by only 26, but because I believe they would be a better team if their starting QB wasn't hurt.

citdog
September 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I did not get to watch the game, I wish I could have. I'm going to drop MSU in my poll a bit not because they beat a DII team by only 26, but because I believe they would be a better team if their starting QB wasn't hurt.

So if Brock Jensen got hurt and y'all continued to win you'd be fine with NDSU dropping from the #1 ranking? Somehow I SERIOUSLY doubt that.

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM
So if Brock Jensen got hurt and y'all continued to win you'd be fine with NDSU dropping from the #1 ranking? Somehow I SERIOUSLY doubt that.

Can you argue we'd still be a good team? We have to SEE the team before we could start rating.

NOTE: Hypothetical here, I personally think that Carson Wentz is pretty damn good, but we'd have to see him in full games to know.

citdog
September 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Can you argue we'd still be a good team? We have to SEE the team before we could start rating.

NOTE: Hypothetical here, I personally think that Carson Wentz is pretty damn good, but we'd have to see him in full games to know.

Montana State won by 26pts and you want to drop them. Are they not STILL a good team?

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Not the fact I'm dropping them, it's the fact a few others are moving in front.

Still dropping, I just believe there are better more rounded TEAMS (Offense, Defense, Special Teams.)

citdog
September 15th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Not the fact I'm dropping them, it's the fact a few others are moving in front.

Still dropping, I just believe there are better more rounded TEAMS (Offense, Defense, Special Teams.)

You didn't think so when Mcghee was healthy. If they continue to win don't they show how well rounded of a team they are? That they can win without him?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Lehigh's next three games: @ Princeton, UNH, @ Fordham

They'll either prove the doubters wrong or the naysayers right...

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2013, 04:57 PM
You didn't think so when Mcghee was healthy. If they continue to win don't they show how well rounded of a team they are? That they can win without him?

Exactly, then they would move right back up the polls.

JoltinJoe
September 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM

I've learned that you can never underestimate Lehigh.

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2013, 05:37 PM

FCS will be watching those results. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM

My perception is that NDSU's success is not driven by Brock, he is a part of it but just a piece in the overall makeup. I've rarely seen a team that good that depended less on who the QB was.

In MSU's case the defense is missing many key pieces and then the number one driving force of success is suddenly gone? MSU is much more tenuous without McGhee than NDSU is without Jensen.

That's only my opinion though which is exactly what my vote is. If MSU continues on and wipes out the good teams on their schedule then again I would have miscalculated and would need to reassess my opinion at that time.

i_got_a_fever
September 15th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Another couple of questions for me are..

1. Even though SDSU has won the last two weeks they haven't looked sharp. I might have understood the UN_ game but UN- has no defense (at least not pass defense). Given that SDSU is primarily a running team they are looking to be somewhat over ranked. This weeks game just confirmed that. Even though they won do they drop in the poll?

2. Somewhat related to #1 is Montana's drubbing of UN- again I think Montana moves up for sure but I saw one person posted elsewhere that they should be top 5. Beating a hapless defense to the pulp while it was an impressive performance again it was against a team with no pass defense. So where do you put Montana? They will move up for sure just how far?

Yeah, SLU is really good.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 08:26 PM

They proved it in week 1. As bad as Chattanooga looked y'all looked very good. I think our Rb Keen Williams watched that backup running back of yalls and decided to run the ball like that the last few weeks. Is that white boy still trucking everyone or was our tackling just that weak?

bjtheflamesfan
September 15th, 2013, 09:12 PM
The mocs lack a signature win that you can point to as a sign of getting an at large should they not win the SoCon. you get a chance for that win in a couple weeks against GaSou, who the Mocs have only beaten twice this century and probably may never get another shot at for the foreseeable future. I will say that I really don't give the mocs much of a chance against NDSU or Sam Houston or Eastern Washington or Montana or any of the big name teams should they even make the playoffs

citdog
September 15th, 2013, 11:10 PM
. Is that white boy still trucking everyone or was our tackling just that weak?

http://soc331.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/21924236.jpg?w=500

Skyhawk71
September 16th, 2013, 07:28 AM
They proved it in week 1. As bad as Chattanooga looked y'all looked very good. I think our Rb Keen Williams watched that backup running back of yalls and decided to run the ball like that the last few weeks. Is that white boy still trucking everyone or was our tackling just that weak?

Trent Garland So., 5'9 180 lb. RB- 6/24 yds. @ Boise State; 2/7 yds. v. UCA, he is the three on the depth chart, and the 2 did not play against UTC- deceptive stats though because they ran mostly with the QB against UCA- he is also a pretty good blocker and used mostly for that purpose

HensRock
September 16th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I have the Tribe ranked (last 2 weeks actually).
Let me point out to those of you who dropped Villanova last week that their close loss to Fordham is not looking so bad right now.
Nova was idle this past week and sits at 0-3, losing at Boston College (24-14) Week 1 and at Fordham (27-24) Week 2.

MSUBobcat
September 16th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I have the Tribe ranked (last 2 weeks actually).
Let me point out to those of you who dropped Villanova last week that their close loss to Fordham is not looking so bad right now.
Nova was idle this past week and sits at 0-3, losing at Boston College (24-14) Week 1 and at Fordham (27-24) Week 2.

So Nova lost to BYE?? If so, they are OUT of my poll. xlolx

ysubigred
September 16th, 2013, 09:15 AM

Also known as Jerry's Kids, Amputee U and the Blind Center :D