PDA

View Full Version : Wildcat Record Chase Vol. 1

UNHWildCats
September 23rd, 2006, 07:06 PM
David Ball - WR

Ball tied the NCAA record with his 50th touchdown reception. (Jerry Rice I-AA, Troy Edwards I-A)

Ball caught his 234 career reception leaving him 83 shy of the NCAA record of 317. Ball will need to average 10.4 receptions over the next 8 games to set the record, this is assuming UNH fails to make the playoffs, should they he would have atleast one extra game to set the mark.

Ball has moved his career receiving yards total to 3,808 leaving him 885 shy of the I-AA record of 4,693, to set this mark he would need to average 110.6 yards per game over the final 8 games of his career, this is assuming UNH fails to make the playoffs, should they he would have atleast one extra game to set the mark. Furthermore, Ball needs 1,197 yards to set the NCAA record which is currently 5,005. Ball would need to average 150.0 yards over his final 8 games to set the record, this is assuming UNH fails to make the playoffs, should they he would have atleast one extra game to set the mark.

Ricky Santos - QB

Santos moved to withing 16 yards of the New Hampshire school record for career passing yards, the mark is currently 7,743. Santos has atleast 19 career games remaining to attain this mark.

While Santos sits far from NCAA records lets take a look at what he would need to accomplish to attain certain I-AA and NCAA records.

Completions: Santos currently has 624 completions and would need to average 21.8 over the next 19 games to set a new NCAA mark his career average currently is 21.6, this is assuming UNH fails to make the playoffs, should they he would have atleast one extra game to set the mark.

Touchdown Passes: Santos currently has 79 passing scores, he sits 61 off the NCAA record. To attain this record Santos would need to average 3.5 tocuhdown passes over the final 19 games of his career. To date Santos has averaged 3.2 scoring passes in his career, this is assuming UNH fails to make the playoffs, should they he would have atleast one extra game to set the mark.

Passing Yards: Santos currently has 7,727 passing yards, he would need to average 356.3 over the final 19 games of his career to set the I-AA record, he would need to average 384.4 yards over his final 19 games to set the NCAA record. To date he has averaged 266.4 yards a game in his career, having failed to play the second half in numerous games, this is assuming UNH fails to make the playoffs, should they he would have atleast one extra game to set the mark.

Total Touchdowns: Santos currently has 92 career scores, he sits 67 off the NCAA record. To attain this record Santos would need to average 3.5 tocuhdown scores over the final 19 games of his career. To date Santos has averaged 3.2 scores in his career, this is assuming UNH fails to make the playoffs, should they he would have atleast one extra game to set the mark.

Data obtained from Yahoo! Sports stat sheet. Career record totals obtained from NCAA record books.