PDA

View Full Version : UMass vs Stony Brook

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 12:10 PM
UMass held stony brook on their first drive and get a 57 yard punt return by jj moore to the 10 yard line. One rush by Baylark scores the TD. UMass up 7-0

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
JJ Moore romps in from the 11. Kick is good 14-0 UMass :D

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
Stony Brook fumbled the kickoff and Brandon Smith picked it up for the TD. 21-0 UMass

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 12:42 PM
89 yard td pass to Rancher for a TD. UMass 28-0 at the end of the 1st.

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
what a beating. i thought the unh-dartmouth game was bad.

Old Cage
September 23rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

First home game I have not been at in a long time. I'm glad I didn't make the drive.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
what a beating. i thought the unh-dartmouth game was bad.
That 89 yard pass was the first time we got to 3rd down in the game.

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Looks good so far. Would like to see Baylark get 100 yds and sit down and then let some of our reserves get some quality PT.

Glad I didn't make it out for this one too.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

First home game I have not been at in a long time. I'm glad I didn't make the drive.
With us having a BYE next week... this will be good to heal all injured.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Coen to Baylark for a 17 yard TD pass. UMass up 35-0

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2006, 12:59 PM
Whose injured?

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
With us having a BYE next week... this will be good to heal all injured.

Are there alot of people injured??? I'm know that our big young T Callichio broke an arm against the Gate, but who else is injured?

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
Are there alot of people injured??? I'm know that our big young T Callichio broke an arm against the Gate, but who else is injured?
Lawrence is out today. Now Hopkins as well

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
Baylark gets his 3rd td of the day as UMass goes up 42-0

mainejeff
September 23rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
Baylark gets his 3rd td of the day as UMass goes up 42-0

Wow....Stony Brook is really BAD this year. And I think that UMass is a legit threat to win it all in I-AA.

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
Lawrence gets injured too often. UM up 42-0 at the half.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 01:23 PM
HALFTME UMass 42-0

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 01:52 PM
UMass starts the second half with a drive resulting in a 41 yard fg. UMass 45-0

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 02:06 PM
Ref called an incomplete swing pass a fumble as stony brook picked it up and ran it in for their first score. 45-7 UMass

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2006, 02:11 PM
Ugh. Why the hell are we passing with a 45 pt lead on our 10 yd line????? STUPID !!! STUPID !!! STUPID !!!! FIRE KEVIN MORRIS NOW !!!! this guy doesn't have a clue about play calling !!!!! WHY WHY WHY DOES HE ALWAYS CALL IDIOTIC PLAYS ??????? Mark my words this idiot is going to cost us big time down the road with his play calling - he already has in fact - we would have defeated Navy but for the idiotic half back pass call that Morris made.

We are controlling the Line of scrimmage. We should be running the clock down by keeping the ball on the ground. Its a wet day. We have a brand new 2d strin qb in the game. With all that in mind - our moron Offensive Coordinator makes a completely stupid pass call that costs us a shutout. ARGGGGGHHHH!!!!! FIRE MORRIS NOW !!!!!!

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
UMass tacks on a 48 yard fg to go up 48-7

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2006, 02:36 PM
Ugh. Why the hell are we passing with a 45 pt lead on our 10 yd line????? STUPID !!! STUPID !!! STUPID !!!! FIRE KEVIN MORRIS NOW !!!! this guy doesn't have a clue about play calling !!!!! WHY WHY WHY DOES HE ALWAYS CALL IDIOTIC PLAYS ??????? Mark my words this idiot is going to cost us big time down the road with his play calling - he already has in fact - we would have defeated Navy but for the idiotic half back pass call that Morris made.

We are controlling the Line of scrimmage. We should be running the clock down by keeping the ball on the ground. Its a wet day. We have a brand new 2d strin qb in the game. With all that in mind - our moron Offensive Coordinator makes a completely stupid pass call that costs us a shutout. ARGGGGGHHHH!!!!! FIRE MORRIS NOW !!!!!!

seems a little extreme. guess i didn't see the halfback pass.

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
No, I gues you didn't. But you don't need to have seen the halfback pass to realize that when you have the ball on your own 10 yrd line and you are 45-0 with a 2d string QB in the game - YOU RUN THE FRIKKEN BALL. PERIOD. END OF STORY. YOU WORK THE CLOCK AND RUN THE BALL. You don't throw the ball for several very basic & obvious reasons. The fact that we have an OC that doesn't understand Football 101 is really disconcerting because if he screws up in this situation what will he do when a game is on the line...oh wait we already know....he called a halfback pass w/a 4th string RB against Navy and it cost us a football game.

Kevin Morris is a UMass' weak link and he should not be allowed to call the plays any more. Demote him.

HensRock
September 23rd, 2006, 02:43 PM
UMass tacks on a 48 yard fg to go up 48-7

They must have known that I have the spread at 40.5 on GoHens.net Top 25 Pool.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
They must have known that I have the spread at 40.5 on GoHens.net Top 25 Pool.
I know your point of the post but to exp why we kicked fgs in the second half has to do with the fact that our fg kicker missed 3 last week and they wanted to give him some confidence this week. He mad a 48 and 41 yard fg.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
No, I gues you didn't. But you don't need to have seen the halfback pass to realize that when you have the ball on your own 10 yrd line and you are 45-0 with a 2d string QB in the game - YOU RUN THE FRIKKEN BALL. PERIOD. END OF STORY. YOU WORK THE CLOCK AND RUN THE BALL. You don't throw the ball for several very basic & obvious reasons. The fact that we have an OC that doesn't understand Football 101 is really disconcerting because if he screws up in this situation what will he do when a game is on the line...oh wait we already know....he called a halfback pass w/a 4th string RB against Navy and it cost us a football game.

Kevin Morris is a UMass' weak link and he should not be allowed to call the plays any more. Demote him.

Take it easy man we threw the ball 2 times in the second half. Not like we were throwing all half.

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2006, 03:28 PM

might want to get your backup guy some reps. he may be needed down the line. I don't think a few passes was going to cost you the game.

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
might want to get your backup guy some reps. he may be needed down the line. I don't think a few passes was going to cost you the game.

Not when you are own your own 10 yd line with your D pitching a shutout. Thats just stupid, and thats Kevin Morris' M.O. : Stupid playcalling. Stupid, stupid stupid. Its not that is going to cost us the game - its just stupid football and it cost us the shutout. Thanks Kev - your doin' a helluva a job. :mad: