PDA

View Full Version : Highlight Video GSU vs. CCU

GaSouthern
September 22nd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Great highlight video from the previous week :hurray:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8byohTTtqQ

GaSouthern
September 22nd, 2006, 05:53 PM
PS: has a GSU bias and shows how great our 2nd string running back is (#6)

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 22nd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Everyone was saying that opening touchdown by Foster was a bad snap which he improvised on. But it looks like it was a fake to me.

rokamortis
September 22nd, 2006, 06:55 PM
I am not sure of the rules, but he got up to get the snap and then touched his knee on the ground again, shouldn't he be ruled down?

DaGriz
September 22nd, 2006, 07:05 PM
That's the same GSU team that lost to a DII team? That GSU looks like it could run easily through the playoffs. Good video. To bad more schools don't put together highlight films each week, nice for everybody else to see what's out there.

GaSouthern
September 22nd, 2006, 07:08 PM
this was made by our fans! There is talk that WTOC a local savannah georgia station could put together a video at seasons end.

rokamortis
September 22nd, 2006, 07:20 PM
That's the same GSU team that lost to a DII team? That GSU looks like it could run easily through the playoffs. Good video. To bad more schools don't put together highlight films each week, nice for everybody else to see what's out there.

It was amazing watching their offense - pretty much unstoppable.

bobbythekidd
September 22nd, 2006, 07:21 PM
The touchdown in question was a bad snap for sure. I realize I am biased but there are much better plays for a fake than that.

footballman65
September 22nd, 2006, 07:31 PM

they lost to Central Conneticut State University, a 1-AA university that plays in the NEC....

on the video:

that GSU looks a lot different than the one that played CCSU, also 5 turnovers didn't help too much in the GSU vs. CCSU game either for em

straightshooter
September 22nd, 2006, 09:09 PM
That's what GSU is supposed to look like. In the game against CCSU, #47 Mohring did not play; #6 Lewis did not play; #90 6'4", 295 lb DL starter did not play; #4 Foster dislocated a shoulder on the opening kickoff and was a non-factor; starting MLB Earwood, a Sr., was lost to injury early in the second quarter, and GSU played with three freshmen LB in VanGorder's pro style defense.

Against CCU, VanGorder opened up the playbook a bit and threw some balls downfield. In the opener, they only threw passes to the flat and less than 10 yards to get the QB comfortable in the game. He had turnovers the first two possessions, which lead to 10 CCSU points.

My guess is that the GSU we'll see the rest of the season will be closer to this video than the team that didn't show up in game one. Keep in mind that they were paying respects to WR Teddy Craft, who was killed in a motorcycle accident a few months ago and Coach Erk Russell, who died of a stroke the morning after he addressed the team after practice. It's tough to tell how 18-22 year old kids deal with tragedy.

Fact is the team never found a rhythm in game one. They came out flat and stayed that way, especially without those really good players mentioned in the first paragraph.

It will be interesting if last week carries over to the first road game.

DaGriz
September 22nd, 2006, 10:06 PM
they lost to Central Conneticut State University, a 1-AA university that plays in the NEC....

Whoops, my bad. Sorry.