PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Heart vs. Ivy and PL

aceinthehole
September 8th, 2013, 08:38 AM
SHU didn't even begin a football team until 1991 (as a D-III program) and they have had just 1 winning season in the last 8 years. As such, they have been scheduled as "fodder" for Ivy and PL teams - playing 7 of the 10 game so far on the road.

However, the Pioneers are now 3-1 all time vs. the Ancient Eight, and 2-4 vs. the Patriot League. SHU also has a game vs. Bucknell slated for later this season.

Bogie, so what flavor cupcake is Sacred Heart? xlolx

RichH2
September 8th, 2013, 09:56 AM
More like a bitter pill for Pards

Bogus Megapardus
September 8th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Bogie, so what flavor cupcake is Sacred Heart? xlolx

Who, me? Where did I call Sacred Heart a cupcake? Go look - I predicted a close game in the mid 20s that would come down to a poor decision not to kick a FG on 4th and goal. And if you look at the Lafayette Board, I said that #33 could run all over us if we don't tackle well.

Plus, I'm not entirely certain that cupcakes come in "flavors."

blackbeard
September 8th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Great win for SHU! Proud of the team for doing what it takes to get the win. 2 minute drive led by a R-Fr QB. Lot of excitement going into the season, happy for some hard working players and coaches.

MTfan4life
September 8th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I tell you, it's the Zen of Bobby V!

DFW HOYA
September 8th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Sacred Heart's other PL win was in 2010 against Georgetown, after the Hoyas had turned down an offer to play at North Dakota State.

heath
September 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Don't forget the milk..........Lehigh got a glass of milk in the 4th to wash their cupcake down..................Lafayette forgot theirs and choked. Have fun getting payback from that Virginia school this week. 0-2...........................how you like them cupcakesxlolxxlolxxlolxorxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlin gx

Go...gate
September 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM
They looked good in Hamilton last year. We had a very hot second half but they had some really good players.

Tribe4SF
September 8th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Who, me? Where did I call Sacred Heart a cupcake? Go look - I predicted a close game in the mid 20s that would come down to a poor decision not to kick a FG on 4th and goal. And if you look at the Lafayette Board, I said that #33 could run all over us if we don't tackle well.

Plus, I'm not entirely certain that cupcakes come in "flavors."

Love the avatar. I miss Ebirt. He was a badass in mascot fights. Once took down the 12' tall mechanical Blue Hen with a cross body block.

Andy
September 8th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Don't forget the milk..........Lehigh got a glass of milk in the 4th to wash their cupcake down..................Lafayette forgot theirs and choked. Have fun getting payback from that Virginia school this week. 0-2...........................how you like them cupcakesxlolxxlolxxlolxorxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlin gx

Lafayette "choked" when the SHU kicker made a 42 yarder as time expired. Lehigh didnt "choke" because the CCSU kicker missed a 39 yarder as time expired. As that how you see it, genius? :) :)

heath
September 8th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Lafayette "choked" when the SHU kicker made a 42 yarder as time expired. Lehigh didnt "choke" because the CCSU kicker missed a 39 yarder as time expired. As that how you see it, genius? :) :)
scoreboard Andy................0-2 in 6 days and no milk againxlolx

RichH2
September 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Andy
Not piling on but seems Pard Bd crashed

Franks Tanks
September 8th, 2013, 07:15 PM
scoreboard Andy................0-2 in 6 days and no milk againxlolx

Logic is useless against Heath. Next time use emoticons and hand gestures.

Andy
September 8th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I hear you, FT. Yikes!

rich, LC board as been down several times over the last week or so. Not sure what's up.

Kramer
September 8th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Andy
Not piling on but seems Pard Bd crashed

I hope not. I've been enjoying it immensely since yesterday.

RichH2
September 8th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I hope not. I've been enjoying it immensely since yesterday.
Me too. Sort of a guilty pleasure. A bit of the "chicken little" syndrome common to all PL fans,. Check out the Cross Bd for real suffering.