PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette 7, SHU 7, end of 1st Q

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Note to Lafayards: I'm heeere! ;)

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:08 PM
A lot of punts here at Fisher field. Start of 2Q Lafayette nailed a 19 yard FG to make it 10-7. 5:44 left in half.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Punt. Punt. 3:29 left in the half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I reallt thought Ross, Scheurman(sp?) and Z would have it going...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I reallt thought Ross, Scheurman(sp?) and Z would have it going...

Frankasaurus in full effect at the moment. Lafayette's "D" has looked very strong.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:19 PM
SHU driving here with 1:24 left in the half. Pass complete to the LC 25.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Noel wide-open pass to SHU #34 at the 1. Then completes a pass to Moore in the end zone to with 36 seconds remaining.

SHU 14 LC 10 :36 2Q

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Halftime

SHU 14 LC 10

Not a bad amount of offense. Just not a lot of points.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:29 PM
LC score came off a 98 yard kickoff return by Matt Smalley. Noel and SHU responded with 3 play, 81 yard drive to tie it up. Since then, 10 total points have been scored.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:46 PM
LC: 21 rushes, 63 yards, or exactly 3.0 per carry. Heavy lean on the rush for Lafayette.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:47 PM
SHU gets the ball first in the second half.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:49 PM
LC gives up a 35 yard return, then the defender gets called for a horse collar or unsportsmanlike, giving SHU ball at LC 49.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:51 PM
SHU doesn't convert the 3rd down, then gives the gift back to LC by clipping. Punt SHU.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Chippy 2nd half. Late hit on SHU on ZZ after he takes off adds 15 more yards to LC's drive.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM
You can feel LC starting to warm up a little and shaking the rust off.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Tough fumble over the middle from LC receiver. SHU recovers at their 45.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 06:58 PM
SHU driving with Deion Kane rushing to the LC 21.

AmsterBison
September 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Let's go Leo Pards!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
33 makes it into the end zone for SHU, but it's called back with a holding. A huge mistake by SHU.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Mistake made bigger by CB Jared Roberts' pickoff of Noel, bringing it back to the LC 40. Nice play.

Getting a feeling SHU is going to be looking back at that holding call after this game and kicking themselves.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 07:03 PM
1st down LC to the 25 after a nice completion from ZZ to Adams.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM
INT in the end zone. Bad decision and underthrown pass by ZZ. 1 on SHU reached up and got it.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 07:06 PM
33 gets loose and makes it to the LC 40. Then Noel takes it himself and makes it to the LC 15.

Bad news for LC.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Roberts knocks a potential SHU TD pass away. 4th and 7 at the 15 and the SHU FG is..... Good.

SHU 17 LC 10 4:55 left 3rd

Lehigh'98
September 7th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Let's go Pards......

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
update?

LehighU11
September 7th, 2013, 08:14 PM
LC chokes on "cupcake," as SHU hits a 42 yard field goal as time expires to win 26-24.

RichH2
September 7th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Thought Pards would handle them. NEC not easy for us this year. 40 schollies vs 15 frosh schollies part of it I guess.

DFW HOYA
September 7th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Thought Pards would handle them. NEC not easy for us this year. 40 schollies vs 15 frosh schollies part of it I guess.

And when it's 40 vs. 60, these concerns will be in the PL-6's rear view mirror.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
LC and SHU seemed incredibly even in a close game throughout. Ultimately it came down to an NFL-length FG to win.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Not a cupcake. I even said as much and picked us to win by 3. The sad thing is i nailed our point total.

I place this loss squarely on Frank and poor management overall. Lots to dissect after this one. In short fear not, same crappy Pards again. Five wins at best,

RichH2
September 7th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Not saying much but it seems FU has best D as of today. Gate,LU porous also. Thought it would not be a wakover but PARD d COULD NOT STOP THE RUN ALL GAME .

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Not saying much but it seems FU has best D as of today. Gate,LU porous also. Thought it would not be a wakover but PARD d COULD NOT STOP THE RUN ALL GAME .

Hopefully LU's D improves as much as Rams D.

Lehigh'98
September 7th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Hate to see the league lose games like this. OOC not looking so hot right now.

RichH2
September 7th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Well owl, I hope so. Princeton and UNH will not be impressed with the one we put out on the field today

Franks Tanks
September 7th, 2013, 09:30 PM
BTY Lafayette intercepted the ball on SHU's late drive, and the game was over! But it wasn't as we got a BS roughing the passer call and SHU sat on it for the FG. It was a terrible call (honest non homer with this one), but SHU and Lafayette were very even today talent wise. We stink. The league stinks. That is all.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2013, 09:36 PM
BTY Lafayette intercepted the ball on SHU's late drive, and the game was over! But it wasn't as we got a BS roughing the passer call and SHU sat on it for the FG. It was a terrible call (honest non homer with this one), but SHU and Lafayette were very even today talent wise. We stink. The league stinks. That is all.

That's what really stuck with me during the period of time I was there. It was an incredibly evenly matched game.

RichH2
September 7th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Not an overwhelming start for sure. BU,GU,LU and Rams win. Other than Ram's none help raise PL's SOS. RATHER THAN DUMPING THE SEASON , LETS HOPE WE ALL DO THAT MAGICAL LEAP IN PERFORMANCE FOR THE 2ND GAME

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I don't know FT we should of have had this game wrapped up by 14 points but our bonehead coach gets us stuffed on what, four plays inside the one? On two different drives? Three points. The whole stadium knew what was coming.

They went Colgate on us. Simple. Every team does that does QB read option handoff or whatever it's called and we can never stop it. Princeton does it. Gtown does it. Colgate invented it.

Their lines were both bigger but our D did well in the first half. We let up too many big plays. Offense another story don't get me going.

SHU pass protection just as bad as CCSU we just didn't attack it like Lehigh until the last drive. Funny thing is Lehigh got handled today and won. CCSU went Frankosaurus and Lu has the horses and offensive mentality to quick strike against bad D. That's what when it was 34-17 that you guys should keep your heads on because you had a shot. Jinx be damned.

Franks Tanks
September 7th, 2013, 10:10 PM
I don't know FT we should of have had this game wrapped up by 14 points but our bonehead coach gets us stuffed on what, four plays inside the one? On two different drives? Three points. The whole stadium knew what was coming.

They went Colgate on us. Simple. Every team does that does QB read option handoff or whatever it's called and we can never stop it. Princeton does it. Gtown does it. Colgate invented it.

Their lines were both bigger but our D did well in the first half. We let up too many big plays. Offense another story don't get me going.

SHU pass protection just as bad as CCSU we just didn't attack it like Lehigh until the last drive. Funny thing is Lehigh got handled today and won. CCSU went Frankosaurus and Lu has the horses and offensive mentality to quick strike against bad D. That's what when it was 34-17 that you guys should keep your heads on because you had a shot. Jinx be damned.

Agree that we should've wrapped it up earlier. How many times did we get inside the 30 without scoring? However, it is hard to give up something like 450 yards to SHU and expect to win.

ngineer
September 7th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Frank said after the game that it was his call down at the goaline which was the turning point, but that if you can't make one yard, you don't deserve to win. Watched most of second half. Ross impressive. ZZ seemed tentative in some throws. With Bill & Mary next week, that should be a real wake up call so as to not wallow in self pity.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Agree that we should've wrapped it up earlier. How many times did we get inside the 30 without scoring? However, it is hard to give up something like 450 yards to SHU and expect to win.

Yeah funny thing is they could have buried us since they settled for several FG. We just turned the ball over or got stuffed. Damn Frank and his stubbornness.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Frank said after the game that it was his call down at the goaline which was the turning point, but that if you can't make one yard, you don't deserve to win. Watched most of second half. Ross impressive. ZZ seemed tentative in some throws. With Bill & Mary next week, that should be a real wake up call so as to not wallow in self pity.

Frank is a moron... What a black and white mentality. You can't get a yard if the d knows what you're gonna do! There's more than one way to get a yard besides form going up the gut or off tackle!

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2013, 10:24 PM
We lost because we wore black pants. It's that simple.

Worst part of the night was two trays of cupcakes walked down the aisle and I wasn't allowed to have any.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I am so excited to play Ivy League teams Right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogie must be beside himself, losing to an NEC. Gtown losses still worse.

CHIP72
September 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
What a tough loss last night for Lafayette. I'm still not sure about that roughing the passer penalty on the final Sacred Heart possession, but the game doesn't come down to that point if Lafayette is more effective in the red zone. They had possessions where they turned it over on downs at the 1 yard line, settled for a field goal after getting to the 1 yard line, and had a pass intercepted in the end zone when their QB forced a throw. That's just unacceptable. The Leopards also gave up way too many big plays defensively, especially long running plays.

I thought Sacred Heart's last offensive play (when their QB held the ball too long and was tackled on a scramble run for a 4 yard loss, pushing them back from the Lafayette 21 to the Lafayette 25) would be critical on the ensuing FG attempt. Unfortunately for Leopards fans, the Sacred Heart kicker still had enough leg by about 3-4 yards to make the kick on his first-ever collegiate FG attempt (yes, you read that right - first-ever FG try at the college level). Unbelievable.

P.S. I was also at the Lehigh/Central Connecticut State game yesterday; I liked the ending of that one better. It's not often one sees two games decided on the final play on the same day.

CHIP72
September 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
LC and SHU seemed incredibly even in a close game throughout. Ultimately it came down to an NFL-length FG to win.

The Lafayette/Sacred Heart really was a close, evenly-matched game. (Quite frankly, objectively-speaking, it was an excellent game, the kind of game you want to see if you don't have a rooting interest.)

What was amazing about that last Sacred Heart FG is that it was the kicker's first-ever college field goal attempt (according to the AP story I read on ESPN.com). Presumably the other two Sacred Heart field goals were kicked by a different kicker.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 8th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Hate to say it but ZZ's end-zone pick in the 3Q was also huge. Underthrown ball, a little higher and Ross would have either had a TD or an incomplete.

Franks Tanks
September 8th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Hate to say it but ZZ's end-zone pick in the 3Q was also huge. Underthrown ball, a little higher and Ross would have either had a TD or an incomplete.

His pick in the 1st quarter was also underthrown to Ross. Ross had his guy beat and it may very well have been a TD if the throw was on target. I still believe is ZZ, but he made no progress since last year. He is making all the same mistakes that he did last year. Mickey Fein must be spending all his time shopping for visors instead or working with his QB's.

carney2
September 8th, 2013, 02:16 PM

Zweizig underthrew almost everything downfield in the first half. He also threw a few into coverage and was saved by a Mark Ross patented push off or his receiver playing DB. He seems a little indecisive and slow to release the ball.

The Pards made two advances inside the SHU 5 but came away empty because (1) the OL couldn't move anyone, and (2) Tavani is so freakin' predictable that SHU simply packed the box without fear. Then there was the end zone pick to kill another threat. Finally, WR Justin Adams fumbled after a catch on another promising drive. That's coming up empty four times. Good teams don't do that.