PDA

View Full Version : WEEK 4: TV Games !

Retro
September 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Here are this weeks TV games... See other post's for Online and Radio...

WEEK 4 TV SCHEDULE

THURSDAY, September 21st

Eastern Kentucky at Tennessee Tech, ESPNU 7:30pm

SATURDAY, September 22nd

New Hampshire at Dartmouth, WMUR 12pm

South Carolina State at Coastal Carolina, South Carolina ETV 12:30pm

Harvard at Brown, CN8 (Select areas) 1pm

Monmouth at Colgate, Time Warner - Central NY 1pm

Howard at Rutgers, MSG / MASN / ESPN Gameplan 2pm

Shaw at Maine, WABI 2pm

Indiana State at Northern Illinois, Comcast - Chicago 3pm

Eastern Washington at Montana State, Montana Sports Net / KSKN 3pm

Sacramento State at Montana, Montana News Net 3pm

Lafayette at Princeton, Lafayette Sports / Patriot Media - NJ 6pm

Villanova at Penn, CN8 7pm

Western Carolina at Furman, CSS 7pm

goasu984Life
September 20th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Appalachian vs. Gardner-Webb will be showen on a tape delayed basis on ESPNU Saturday at 10 p.m.

BearsCountry
September 20th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Sam Houston State at Missouri State - MCSN/Mediacom (Tape Delayed)

blackfordpu
September 20th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Any Houston area stations picking up the Missouri St/SHSU game?

putter
September 20th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Sacramento State @ Montana -- Montana's News Station

smarterray
September 21st, 2006, 03:32 PM
UC Davis at Youngstown State - Comcast SportsNet West - 3pm kickoff

http://ucdavisaggies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092106aal.html

ucdtim17
September 21st, 2006, 03:48 PM
kudos to comcast

OL FU
September 21st, 2006, 04:00 PM
Here are this weeks TV games... See other post's for Online and Radio...

WEEK 4 TV SCHEDULE

THURSDAY, September 21st

Eastern Kentucky at Tennessee Tech, ESPNU 7:30pm

SATURDAY, September 22nd

New Hampshire at Dartmouth, WMUR 12pm

South Carolina State at Coastal Carolina, South Carolina ETV 12:30pm

Harvard at Brown, CN8 (Select areas) 1pm

Monmouth at Colgate, Time Warner - Central NY 1pm

Howard at Rutgers, MSG / MASN / ESPN Gameplan 2pm

Shaw at Maine, WABI 2pm

Indiana State at Northern Illinois, Comcast - Chicago 3pm

Eastern Washington at Montana State, Montana Sports Net / KSKN 3pm

Sacramento State at Montana, Montana News Net 3pm

Lafayette at Princeton, Lafayette Sports / Patriot Media - NJ 6pm

Villanova at Penn, CN8 7pm

Watch close and I will be waving at you.

I'll be the one in purple:nod: xlolx

GaSouthern
September 21st, 2006, 05:04 PM

TiVo SET!

Aggie71
September 21st, 2006, 10:32 PM
And as a futher penalty for your transgressions, Mr. Defendant, you are hereby sentenced to watch Sac St. vs. Montana for three weeks. No time off for good behavior, because we don't believe it will happen.

Jacks76
September 22nd, 2006, 08:02 AM
I'm a bit mystified as to why NAU can never seem to get on the tube. Sure, they televised their game against Arizona State, but that's because it was ASU. I never found them for their game against Utah, and now I see that their contest against Idaho State is a no-show?

How are the Jacks ever going to recruit in the state of Arizona when no one gets to see them play outside of a contest against Arizona State?

Paul

poly51
September 22nd, 2006, 01:04 PM
Cal Poly - San Jose State on www.wac.tv Saturday 3pm PDT for a fee.

danefan
September 22nd, 2006, 01:06 PM
Central Conn. at UAlbany - 4pm Time Warner 3 (Capital District NY)

CrunchGriz
September 22nd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Not that this will apply to a lot of people (Montana fans, mostly), but the satellite coordinates for the Griz vs. Sac State game are:

Digital IA 8/ K17 | Slot B-9 mhz | Downlink Frequency: 12044.500V | Symbol Rate: 6.148936

Anyone (or any bar) with a digital m-peg 2 receiver can get the game.

The game starts at 3 pm EDT (12 noon PDT).

If anyone has the satellite coordinates for games involving your teams, post them here, as well. I have a satellite setup, and its very educational to watch I-AA teams from around the country.

DaGriz
September 22nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
Not that this will apply to a lot of people (Montana fans, mostly), but the satellite coordinates for the Griz vs. Sac State game are:

Digital IA 8/ K17 | Slot B-9 mhz | Downlink Frequency: 12044.500V | Symbol Rate: 6.148936

Anyone (or any bar) with a digital m-peg 2 receiver can get the game.

The game starts at 3 pm EDT (12 noon PDT).

If anyone has the satellite coordinates for games involving your teams, post them here, as well. I have a satellite setup, and its very educational to watch I-AA teams from around the country.

Hey Crunch, where did you get your satellite. How difficult was it to set up. How functional is it for watching everything else on tv? Cost include? Do you know if any of the Direc TV set up can be used for that as well, such as the satellite or the receiver or do you need a completely different set up?

CrunchGriz
September 22nd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Hey Crunch, where did you get your satellite.

I bought the whole shebang on eBay for around $350. I can find the dealer name, if you'd like.

How difficult was it to set up.

I set it up temporarily to watch the ISU game last year, and then had an installer set it up permanently (I could have done it, but it would have taken me forever). It was a fairly tough install (on my rooftop), and it included wiring for my HDTV antenna, so it was around $250 to install. You should be able to do an install of just the dish and motor setup for around $150, I would guess (depending on your area). You'll need the motor drive to be able to find the games on other satellites. They don't just stick to one satellite (or a couple close together, like Dish/DirecTV), so you need to be able to remotely move the dish. The motor I got with my setup works very well.

How functional is it for watching everything else on tv?

Other programming is very spotty. You don't want to give up your cable/DirecTV/Dish for this type of KU setup as your main method of TV viewing. You can find a couple of major network stations, a couple of very old rerun stations (Hogan's Heroes and the like) a lot of religious programming, a ton of foreign language programming, and quite a few feeds of games (football and basketball, mostly, but there's lots of other stuff up there, too), including high school football games from some places.

Finding these games is the trick. You need to keep your eye peeled on a Yahoo user group called "backhaul", where members post the coordinates to games they've found, most often after they are in progress.

Cost include?

The cost of my system included: The digital KU band receiver, a 31" dish, a good LNBF (the little device placed at the focus point of the dish that gathers and translates the satellite signals), an horizon-to-horizon motor for the dish, the dish mounting hardware, and an electronic satellite finder.

I bought the Cat-6 cabling from my installer.

Do you know if any of the Direc TV set up can be used for that as well, such as the satellite or the receiver or do you need a completely different set up?

A Dish or DirecTV setup will not work for this type of setup, for several reasons, which include: the dish is too small (DirecTV and Dish satellites send much higher powered signals, so their systems don't require a bigger dish), the LNBF is of the wrong polarity (I know that sounds like gibberish--just trust me on that one, it's true, and it's not gibberish), and they don't have a motor, which is required in this type of setup.

PM me if you need more information. (For anyone who wants to set up such a system, not just Griz fans.)