PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take on G-W against App State

Thumper250
September 20th, 2006, 12:32 PM
A friend emailed this to me this morning from the local Shelby paper

A quote from the G-W head coach regarding last week's game in Tennessee and this week's App State game:

"...Certainly, if we play like we did last week, it’ll be 900 to nothing.”

Ouch.

goasu984Life
September 20th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Coach Patton doesn't mince words. He knows that his team stunk up the joint last week. He also knows that there is no way they will be able to compete of they play that way again this week.

Mr. C
September 20th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Another Steve Patton quote from Tuesday's Big South teleconference:

"Tennessee-Martin is good, but they're not App State."

He said that App State is in a different league, talent-wise

goasu984Life
September 20th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Steve Patton, the master of the quote:

"I’m hoping some of our fans will show up and offset it. Hopefully, we’ll have some folks wearing red there. Maybe we should tell them to wear black too. Then, we won’t know if they’re for us or App."

ASU Kep
September 20th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Steve Patton, the master of the quote:

"I’m hoping some of our fans will show up and offset it. Hopefully, we’ll have some folks wearing red there. Maybe we should tell them to wear black too. Then, we won’t know if they’re for us or App."

xlolx

I like this guy, reminds me of CCU's coach Bennett last year...great guy. I'm also flattered he thinks our offense could put up 900 on ANYBODY right now, lol. I just hope we play well (which would therefore mean the game is ours) and nobody gets hurt. I actually saw something on the news on G-W hoping for an upset...don't fall asleep, ASU...

goasu984Life
September 20th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Coach Patton is great. He started out at Alabama, but transferred to Furman. He was at Alabama when Coach Bryant was there, and I have heard a million Bear Bryant stories from him. He was at G-W when coach Bennett was at Catawba and both schools were Division II and in the South Atlantic Conference.

Mr. C
September 20th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Steve Patton is a fun guy to hang out with and it is an absolute riot to get him and David Bennett together in the same room. Always a lot of laughs at the Big South Conference gatherings.

KiddBrewer
September 20th, 2006, 11:09 PM
it aint gonna be hard to get tickets is it. is there anywhere i can order some on the internet or something?

ASU Kep
September 21st, 2006, 12:06 AM
from what i've heard on the MMB, tickets are pretty much walk-up only now, but they are going to sell until the lines run out. apparently fans are recommended to bring lawn chairs.

i wish i could make it this weekend.

goasu984Life
September 21st, 2006, 10:19 AM
You should be able to just walk up and get your tickets. They are expecting a crowd, but if you get there early enough, say 4 or so maybe, it shouldn't be a problem.

soweagle
September 21st, 2006, 12:50 PM
What do you think it will be, 2-1 ASU fans to GW fans?

goasu984Life
September 21st, 2006, 12:53 PM
I don't know if it will be 2-1, but there will be a healthy amount of Mountaineers in Spangler Stadium Saturday.