I'm saying 38-35 GSU.

AppGuy04
September 20th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Should be close, I say lower scoring b/c of the new clock rule

UTC- 24
GSU- 21

atlGAmocs
September 20th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I think that UTC defense is improved enough to pull out the win. Eldra Buckley continues his 100+ yard streak and Antonio Miller is taking care of the ball. Mocs 34 Redneck Skychickens 21

GaSouthern
September 20th, 2006, 01:02 PM
GSU has two runners for over 100 yards in this one and turnovers from UTC kill any chance of staying with GSU's tempo.

38-21 GSU

bobbythekidd
September 20th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I'm saying 38-35 GSU.
Butler,
I find it interesting you pick GSU to win by a feildgoal. Do you still have that much faith in Dudly?:confused:
I won't predict a score for this one, I have the unique ability to be wrong almost all the time.:)
I do see alot of good for UTC on the defence. Couple this with what is IMO inconsistant play for GSU offence, and we are going to see some interesting football on Sat.
It WILL be close, alot of hits, and alot of action.:hurray:

ButlerGSU
September 20th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Butler,
I find it interesting you pick GSU to win by a feildgoal. Do you still have that much faith in Dudly?:confused:
I won't predict a score for this one, I have the unique ability to be wrong almost all the time.:)
I do see alot of good for UTC on the defence. Couple this with what is IMO inconsistant play for GSU offence, and we are going to see some interesting football on Sat.
It WILL be close, alot of hits, and alot of action.:hurray:

I'm hoping we picked someone up off the soccer team or just anyone on the way to Chatty to replace Dudley.

ASU Kep
September 20th, 2006, 01:58 PM
When is the last time UTC beat GSU? Anybody know?

ButlerGSU
September 20th, 2006, 01:59 PM

1996 in Chatty, it is actually the only time UTC has ever beat GSU.

straightshooter
September 20th, 2006, 02:20 PM
UTC's overall record against GSU is 1-18. They beat GSU in Chattanooga in 1996 23-21 during GSU's only losing season. It's been pretty ugly in most of the other games in GSU's favor.

chattanoogamocs
September 20th, 2006, 04:15 PM
it will be interesting to see how turnovers make an impact of the game...so far this year, UC has only 2 (1 INT, 1 Fumble)...and has forced 6 to's.

miller still seems a little shaky at times on the deep pass...but he has done a much better job overall this year (13 INT's last seasons...only 1 INT in three games this year)

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 20th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Sticking with my prediction...

1st 2nd 3rd 4th
GSU 7 0 21 14
UTC 14 0 0 7

Final
GSU 42
UTC 21

seantaylor
September 20th, 2006, 07:09 PM
GSU 42-17

Our run game goes wild again against UTC. John Mohring will be making plays all over the field.

The Cats
September 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM

When was the last time CCSU beat GSU? in Statesboro, Anybody know?

UTC over GSU, 28 - 24

SuperEagle
September 20th, 2006, 08:33 PM
When was the last time CCSU beat GSU? in Statesboro, Anybody know?

UTC over GSU, 28 - 24
I see the correlation you're trying to make but it's pretty off base IMO.
Chatt plays GSU every year and no one on that team has ever experienced a win against them. If there is a psychological edge GSU has it.
On the other hand, CCSU had nothing to lose so there was no mental edge to either team really.
Not saying that makes a huge difference but the comparisons are a little different.
Now I'll admit, UC may look at the CCSU game and realize this is now very winnable for them. That might help.
Either way I do expect it to be close.

Ivytalk
September 20th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I'll guess 31-27 UTC. The 10-year drought ends! Go Mocs!:thumbsup:

slycat
September 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM
27-21 UTC. im thinking another crazy weekend in I-AA.

ButlerGSU
September 20th, 2006, 09:40 PM
All of these are possible scores, every dog has their day. Like I said, just depends on what GSU team shows up.

th0m
September 21st, 2006, 05:14 AM
And what UTC team shows up.

nothingbutjsu
September 21st, 2006, 06:56 AM
And what UTC team shows up.
GSU 21 UTC 10

PaladinFan
September 21st, 2006, 09:55 AM
I see the correlation you're trying to make but it's pretty off base IMO.
Chatt plays GSU every year and no one on that team has ever experienced a win against them. If there is a psychological edge GSU has it.
On the other hand, CCSU had nothing to lose so there was no mental edge to either team really.
Not saying that makes a huge difference but the comparisons are a little different.
Now I'll admit, UC may look at the CCSU game and realize this is now very winnable for them. That might help.
Either way I do expect it to be close.

There aren't that many Eagles starting that have experienced a win over UTC, either. With as many transfers as both these teams have, this game could be dubbed "the clash of the transfers."

ooooonnnllllly joking with you. :smiley_wi

GaSouthern
September 21st, 2006, 10:21 AM
har har har ;)

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
All of these are possible scores, every dog has their day. Like I said, just depends on what GSU team shows up.

The team from CCU will show up at least for the second half if not the first. I promise...

asu70
September 22nd, 2006, 02:45 PM
28-24 GSU. IMO, this should be a very good game to watch.

ChiefGSU275
September 22nd, 2006, 07:40 PM
all GSU games are good games to watch.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2006, 11:19 PM
all GSU games are good games to watch.

I can think of about 17,000 in Statesboro two weeks ago that didn't think it was a good game to watch. ;)

seantaylor
September 23rd, 2006, 03:00 AM
I can think of about 17,000 in Statesboro two weeks ago that didn't think it was a good game to watch. ;)

Try 21,000.

chattanoogamocs
September 23rd, 2006, 03:14 AM
well, if you want to get into a pissing contest over a joke (denote "wink")...then "try 20,128"

The joke remains the same...I didn't see anyone on the TSC that night that was thinking "all GSU games are good games to watch"...more like they had just seen hell freeze over and BVG was standing there with a pitched fork.

Matter of fact, I would say two out of the last three games GSU has played would not be on the list...unless y'all like going back and watching that Texas State game. :doh:

Of course, on the other hand...since CCSU has only played GSU once...I bet ALL their fans think... "all GSU games are good games to watch" :thumbsup:

So, in that respect, I stand humbly corrected.

bobbythekidd
September 23rd, 2006, 07:52 AM
well, if you want to get into a pissing contest over a joke (denote "wink")...then "try 20,128"

The joke remains the same...I didn't see anyone on the TSC that night that was thinking "all GSU games are good games to watch"...more like they had just seen hell freeze over and BVG was standing there with a pitched fork.

Matter of fact, I would say two out of the last three games GSU has played would not be on the list...unless y'all like going back and watching that Texas State game. :doh:

Of course, on the other hand...since CCSU has only played GSU once...I bet ALL their fans think... "all GSU games are good games to watch" :thumbsup:

So, in that respect, I stand humbly corrected.
Man, ouch! As far as I know BVG does not own a pitchfork.

ButlerGSU
September 23rd, 2006, 09:12 AM
I would say that most GSU games with UTC are good to watch, seeing as we've won 18 of them while losing only 1. You all may get a special treat today while we're in transition but that will only make the beating you take in Statesboro next season that much worse.

If yall do win, how bout pulling an App by taking your own goalpost down in a regular season win. That always makes us feel special that we're that big a deal.

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
that would make anyone feel special.

i know they're in transition, but:

GSU 20
UTC 10

chattanoogamocs
September 25th, 2006, 09:47 PM
If yall do win, how bout pulling an App by taking your own goalpost down in a regular season win. That always makes us feel special that we're that big a deal.

I went back to see who was close on the score...a number of people were.

But I had to chuckle a little at that comment above because I sat up in the press box and watched all those students, fans, former players, etc, run down on the field...there was only 1 security guard watching the post, almost inviting them to yank 'em down...and yet none of the fans even looked over at them.

It was a nice win against a ranked team...but, that is all it was...nothing worth tearing a goalpost down for. ;)

(heck, the last time the Mocs knocked off the #1 team in the nation...way back versus Marshall in the T.O. days...we didn't tear down the goalposts then either)