PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Record Book

Mr. C
September 18th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I just downloaded the latest NCAA football record book and was struck by the I-AA thumb prints all over the publication. Here is the link:

www.ncaa.org/library/records/football/
The nice color cover includes the following photos:

Front Cover Photos
(all rows left to right)
Top Row:Tommy Sofield, Appalachian State; Reggie Bush, Southern
California; Mack Brown, Texas; Steve Silva, Holy Cross.
Second Row:Taurean Henderson, Texas Tech; Brian Westbrook, Villanova;
Chris Gocong, Cal Poly; Neale Tweedie, Texas.
Third Row:Jerry Moore, Appalachian State; DeAngelo Williams, Memphis;
Jason Hunter, Appalachian State; Brad Smith, Missouri.
Bottom Row:Julius Peppers, North Carolina; Vince Young, Texas; Brent
Hawkins, Illinois State (not mentioned here, but in the picture with Hawkins is a Western Kentucky player, either 62 or 82); James Noel, Robert Morris.

There are also some cool photos inside of players like Richie Williams of App State, Erik Meyer of Eastern Washington, Jayson Foster of Georgia Southern, David Horne of Northern Iowa, Michael Ford of Duquesne and Chris Gocong of Cal Poly.

Very nice product, as usual from our NCAA friends.

ASU Kep
September 19th, 2006, 01:52 AM
It says I'm not authorized to view the page...anybody else?

September 19th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Try this link:
http://www.ncaa.org/library/records/football/football_records_book/2006/2006_d1_football_records_book.pdf

ASU Kep
September 19th, 2006, 02:00 AM
that one works, thanks ralph.

...btw, where do you order this?

ASU Kep
September 19th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I think this would make the perfect coffee table/sh-tter material ever. I love long stat books.

ASU Kep
September 19th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Consecutive Passes Completed is wrong. Richie completed 28 in a row against Furman two years ago. Wassup with that?

September 19th, 2006, 02:27 AM
I think this would make the perfect coffee table/sh-tter material ever. I love long stat books.You can always tell kinkos to print it for you and pick it up... or order it from http://ncaa.sportgraphics.biz/index.asp?cmd=showcategory&param_0=4 Price: $12.50

Mr. C
September 19th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Consecutive Passes Completed is wrong. Richie completed 28 in a row against Furman two years ago. Wassup with that?
That is a flat out error. We will have to let the NCAA know. It possible that App State didn't turn it in on their stat sheet as a new record in 2004. There are also numerous errors regarding the fact that the NCAA didn't recognize certain categories in the past and they used to seperate the playoffs from the regular season. For example, Dexter Coakley's career I-AA tackles record is not recognized.

Calif_Colonial
September 21st, 2006, 02:40 PM
They have James Noel on defense from Robert Morris University mentioned , ranked 4th on tackles per game at 10.7 average. How about Tim Hall from Robert Morris 7.4 yds per game rushing, #1 and 2,908 yards for 1994 , 1995 seasons, @ #1 in Div I-AA. Maybe because he only has 2 years at Div. I ?

Thanks, Ralph, I located it on Page 131.

1st in Career 393 attempts for 2,908 for 7.4 yds. (1994-1995).

1st in a Season 1994; 154 for 1,336 yards.

ASU Kep
September 21st, 2006, 04:49 PM
That is a flat out error. We will have to let the NCAA know. It possible that App State didn't turn it in on their stat sheet as a new record in 2004. There are also numerous errors regarding the fact that the NCAA didn't recognize certain categories in the past and they used to seperate the playoffs from the regular season. For example, Dexter Coakley's career I-AA tackles record is not recognized.

Anybody contacted them yet?

DTSpider
September 21st, 2006, 05:09 PM
This thing is awesome...

For example, did anyone know that Richmond has the most all-time losses of any current 1AA program?

ASU Kep
September 21st, 2006, 05:12 PM
This thing is awesome...

For example, did anyone know that Richmond has the most all-time losses of any current 1AA program?

Way to go!!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Just read that Craig Coffin just set the new IAA standard for PATs during the win at Indiana last weekend. He has kicked 184 in his career at SIU.
:thumbsup:

igo4uni
September 21st, 2006, 05:48 PM
This thing is awesome...

Well, you've still got your sense of humor. :D