PDA

View Full Version : something worth seeing

PaladinFan
September 18th, 2006, 10:14 PM
It was mentioned that the Furman fan site had some clips up from the UNC game. I thought I would post the link just so those of you who might be interested could see the first play. While it was a great pass and catch by the qb and wr, I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw what Jerome Felton did to their poor defensive linemen.

On the first clip he is lined up at fb and ends the play slightly infront of Gray. I know that Tar Heel probably doesn't think much of the I-A/IAA difference after that hit.

http://www.theuffp.com/uncpotw.htm

Tribe4SF
September 18th, 2006, 10:34 PM
That's not a big hit. The guy was losing his footing and balance from the guy in his legs and took a little pop from Felton as he was off balance. If you made that statement about "I-A vs. I-AA" to that guy he'd laugh at you.

youwouldno
September 18th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I dunno about that play specifically but Felton put a major hurt on several UNC defenders. A couple took a long time to get up.

PaladinFan
September 18th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I watched it again...his fall downward might have been about 5% ground, 95% Felton. I don't just say that as a Furman fan, but that is a knock.

Mr. C
September 18th, 2006, 11:46 PM
UNC certain has some respect for The Beast after Jerome hit them for FOUR touchdowns. What a player. Love watching Felton run over defenders.

ASU Kep
September 19th, 2006, 01:50 AM
UNC just happens to think "he's too good" to play for Furman, though.

September 19th, 2006, 03:54 AM
That's not a big hit. The guy was losing his footing and balance from the guy in his legs and took a little pop from Felton as he was off balance...Sir, what are you looking at???? The guy comes in, the lineman just reaches out and barely, if even touches him. Felton knocks the guy flatout on his back... like he hit a brick wall. A "little pop"????

OL FU
September 19th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Sir, what are you looking at???? The guy comes in, the lineman just reaches out and barely, if even touches him. Felton knocks the guy flatout on his back... like he hit a brick wall. A "little pop"????

I agree.:nod: :nod: :nod:

Tribe4SF
September 19th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Sir, what are you looking at???? The guy comes in, the lineman just reaches out and barely, if even touches him. Felton knocks the guy flatout on his back... like he hit a brick wall. A "little pop"????

Watch the guys balance, Ralph. His feet aren't under him because he's fending off the lineman. Felton was moving laterally and threw his shoulder and forearm into the guy. The "brick wall" hit him, and only needed a couple of bricks to knock him down. No coil...no extension...just a "little pop". Any player will tell you that you get hit harder in warmups than that shot. Felton is certainly a beast, but that hit was all circumstance.

McNeese75
September 19th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Heck with Felton xlolx , I like those passes and catches :nod: Nice looking Fr receiver you got there guys.

Tribe4SF
September 19th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Heck with Felton xlolx , I like those passes and catches :nod: Nice looking Fr receiver you got there guys.

Amen to that!:hurray:

Appstate29
September 19th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I think the guy might have been slipping or might have gotten a little tripped up from a FU Lineman, but Felton still knocked his head off, and BTW I still don't think that was as good as him running over Cory Lynch last year, good lord hes a beast

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2006, 10:08 AM
What amazed me, regardless of footing, was that Felton seemed to exert a little effort (ie he didn't have a head of steam) and that guy was a daggum defensive lineman. When was the last time you saw a d-lineman get cold-cocked like that?

Freshman RJ Webb does seem to be coming along well. He creates some match up problems against shorter dbs. I am enjoying that he takes some of the pressure off of defenses focusing on Justin Stepp, who is slowly putting himself up as probably the top reciever in the SoCon (not that the SoCon is known for recievers....well, except that Moss kid at Marshall).

AmsterBison
September 19th, 2006, 11:25 AM
If that game would have been played in real football weather, that defensive linemen would have been blowing snot bubbles. Looks like his feet weren't set, but that blocking back laid the wood... on turf that defensive player would have bounced.

AppGuy04
September 19th, 2006, 11:40 AM
The Sprague touchdown where he reached for the pylon is the best play IMO

HZWV
September 22nd, 2006, 11:56 PM
(not that the SoCon is known for recievers....well, except that Moss kid at Marshall).

Theres also that Troy Brown Guy with 3 Super Bowl Rings up in New England.

youwouldno
September 23rd, 2006, 12:08 AM
Furman really does have a very good receiving corps. Losing Mims to injury was unfortunate because of his elite speed, but Stepp is a good example of why measurables aren't that important, especially at the college level. He just runs his routes and is tough as nails. Sprague is bigger but is also just a tremendously skilled player. Webb is no slouch himself.

AZGrizFan
September 23rd, 2006, 12:22 AM
That's not a big hit. The guy was losing his footing and balance from the guy in his legs and took a little pop from Felton as he was off balance. If you made that statement about "I-A vs. I-AA" to that guy he'd laugh at you.

Did you watch the same clip I did? The "guy in his legs" wasn't even touching him when he got pancaked by the FU player. Big time hit. He may not even be able to speak yet, let alone "laugh" at the difference.... : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh :

BEAR
September 23rd, 2006, 06:05 AM
I thought the QB in those clips had some of the ugliest "form" when he threw the ball. His run to the sidelines while being pursued he threw it off his back heels! Or his second throw, I believe,where he just kinda "wristed" it to the receiver! :hurray: Hey, i'm not knocking the guy, it got the job done. I've seen worse! I'm sure all his passes weren't that way. But great video! :hurray: :hurray:

fuEMO
September 23rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
I thought the QB in those clips had some of the ugliest "form" when he threw the ball. His run to the sidelines while being pursued he threw it off his back heels! Or his second throw, I believe,where he just kinda "wristed" it to the receiver! :hurray: Hey, i'm not knocking the guy, it got the job done. I've seen worse! I'm sure all his passes weren't that way. But great video! :hurray: :hurray:

I have to diagree with ya Bear. Your right that Gray IMO will never be what you consider to be a drop back passer. He will be most successfull passing out of option sets. That's why he's going to be dangerous. The touch pass he throws to Webb on the sideline was a thing of beauty. I don't care if he used a short motion, look at Philip Rivers. And the video does no justice to the last pass for the touchdown, he threw a bullet as he was rolling out right on the money.

Sam Wyche former Furman and Cincy great was RJ Webb's position coach in high school. Webb played quarterback and was offfered by Skip Holtz at ECU but he wanted to come in with the class with Sorrells, Slaughter, Salley, and LaFrance. Webb could re-write the pass receiving records at Furman. I think he has more up side than Ike West plus he's alot bigger. 6-3, 205 compare to 6-1, 198.

Let's pray for a speedy recovery for Adam Mims, the true freshmen is a rocket.

eaglesrthe1
September 23rd, 2006, 09:33 AM
The Sprague touchdown where he reached for the pylon is the best play IMO

I agree 100%. Quick heads up thinking.