PDA

View Full Version : VT sellout streak ends

Smitty
September 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM
" The Catamounts just aren't the draw they used to be"

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23476193/virginia-tech-expects-sellout-streak-to-end-saturday

Got this from our board and found it funny...

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
That will be a trivia question in Blacksburg years hence: "what team were the Hokies playing when the sellout streak ended?"

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2013, 01:41 PM
There seems to be a growing contingent of Hokies that are ready for Beamer to retire. I don't think there's any doubt things have gotten a bit stale in Blacksburg.

knucklehead
September 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I think it's a combination of 3 things as I talk to Hokie fans around here (annoying as some can be).
-Since they have had some success (SOME) their fans do seem to look down on ANY FCS team coming in as a waste of their time and $ (even after JMU smacked them down at home). One told me today "they shouldn't schedule such chump teams".
-There is a growing unrest as they seem to have leveled off and even some admit dropped. I argue that they were never really at the top except in ESPN's mind.
-It is the Catamounts after all. But at least a Catamount is a real animal unlike a Hokie.

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 5th, 2013, 02:16 PM
they are always that "second tier team", good enough to consistently finish in the top 10, but not good enough to be a serious NC threat. I think this could end badly for Beamer, the fans seem to be getting alittle impatient, and he doesn't seem, atleast in his mind, ready to retire.