PDA

View Full Version : UCA VS. SFA TRIP

UCABEARS75
September 18th, 2006, 05:54 PM
OK SFA fans, or SLC fans in general.

I am bring my little group (3 or 4) down for the game.

Where are the good spots to eat and drink before or after the game.

Ronbo
September 18th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Good luck with this post. We don't see many SFA fans here.: smh :

bobcatalum05
September 18th, 2006, 06:09 PM
The best place to eat is here.
http://www.auntiepastas.com/

The food there is excellent.

As far as drink after the game, I am not sure if they have bars in Nacogdoches. The food there is excellent.

bobcatalum05
September 18th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Good luck with this post. We don't see many SFA fans here.: smh :

Sadly I have been to Nacogdoches and I can tell them a good place to eat. I also usto work for there sister restraunt in New Braunfels TX.

http://www.gruenerivergrill.com/

BEAR
September 18th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Great...is this the Ouachita Baptist of the SLC?

bobcatalum05
September 18th, 2006, 07:12 PM
I am sure there are bars and night life I just dont know of any.

McNeese75
September 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
xlolx well, sorry I can't help you at SFA but sometime in the near future you will be coming to "The Hole" and this little piece of paradise will be waiting for you (right across the street from the tailgate area) :D

http://www.frostyfactoryclub.com/

GeauxColonels
September 18th, 2006, 08:11 PM
SFA is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Cat79
September 18th, 2006, 08:16 PM

You have to venture out toward Lufkin and find a package store to get some firewater.

Cat79
September 18th, 2006, 08:18 PM
xlolx well, sorry I can't help you at SFA but sometime in the near future you will be coming to "The Hole" and this little piece of paradise will be waiting for you (right across the street from the tailgate area) :D

http://www.frostyfactoryclub.com/

We like that frosty factory and the convenience store with liquor within walking distance. We look forward to our trip to Lake Charles win or lose.:hurray:

McNeese75
September 18th, 2006, 10:26 PM
We like that frosty factory and the convenience store with liquor within walking distance. We look forward to our trip to Lake Charles win or lose.:hurray:

Rita huffed and puffed and blew the C-store by the Frosty Factory down but there are others down the St :nod: .

chrisattsu
September 18th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Cmon,
I have never been to Nacho-nowhere, but all I ever hear about the school is the students are always drunk and having sex. They have to have bars. Or hell its east Texas, don't they have some Barrelhouses?

McNeese72
September 18th, 2006, 10:36 PM

We always tailgate with the big group of McNeese fans that always go over to the game, so I'm no help if you are looking for restaurants.

Doc

McNeese72
September 18th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Below, a picture of the Frosty Factory and then a picture of the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area from the Frost Factories second floor balconey.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/wvt06tgff.jpg

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/wvt06tgwtg.jpg

Doc

bobcatalum05
September 18th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Below, a picture of the Frosty Factory and then a picture of the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area from the Frost Factories second floor balconey.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/wvt06tgff.jpg

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/wvt06tgwtg.jpg

Doc
I will be there on Oct 14. I hear you guys throw one hell of a party. I cant wait.

kats89
September 18th, 2006, 11:58 PM
There are some bars, but not great. It is not a great college atmosphere to me.

Stay in Naca-nowhere because if you venture out you might not find much firewater. many of those counties are dry.

UCABEARS75
September 19th, 2006, 08:39 AM
We are staying in Shreveport. I suppose we will eat lunch in Shreveport before the game and just wait till we get back to Shreveport to eat, drink, and gamble.

BEAR
September 19th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Faulkner county (the county UCA is in) is dry. But I bet you two tickets that there is more alcohol on campus than in all the Little Rock night clubs combined. Just because you can't buy it here, doesn't mean it isn't consumed in large quantities at several locations. :)

McNeese72
September 19th, 2006, 09:48 AM
I will be there on Oct 14. I hear you guys throw one hell of a party. I cant wait.

If you walk through the tailgate area, you'll probably get all kinds of offers of food and drink. But please come by the Geauxcowboys.com spot. It is in spots 16-18 (numbers marked on the road) on the first road inside the Westside Reserved Tailgating area. You can't miss it. We always have our banner up.

Doc

P.S. Anybody and everybody on AGS, if they ever make a trip to Lake Charles, is invited to come by our spot.

UCABEARS75
September 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Don't worry Doc, when we come down there in '07 or '08 my group will look you up for sure.

BEAR
September 19th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Is there a SFA message board. I checked out their delphiforums site...dead and not even close to being updated. Are there any fans that go to SFA games for the game or is it just party party party?!!!

birdsflyhigh
September 19th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Despite the remarks by one MSU Bears poster, I'm impressed with the UCA Bears so far. They gave the ISU Birds all they could handle a couple weeks ago. I noticed on the "College Football Ranking Comparison" site that the Bears are in at #48 making some big jumps. The comparsion site is pretty cool because it has 19 different rankings from I-AA experts from across the country, so you get a true feel for who the top teams are...check it out.

I think UCA will take care of business this week and top SFA. UCA 24 SFA 17 :)

Dallas Demon
September 19th, 2006, 04:54 PM

CAT79, you coming to Natchitoches this year? My time to treat you. Let me know.

Dallas Demon
September 19th, 2006, 05:02 PM
P.S. Anybody and everybody on AGS, if they ever make a trip to Lake Charles, is invited to come by our spot.

Is this before or after you've hacked into the opponent's messageboard? :rolleyes:

Dallas Demon
September 19th, 2006, 05:05 PM
We are staying in Shreveport. I suppose we will eat lunch in Shreveport before the game and just wait till we get back to Shreveport to eat, drink, and gamble.

I'm sure there are good places to eat there, but I'm not really sure. All my trips there we tailgated with the big Demon crowd we usually bring. We'll treat you well when you come to Natchitoches, hopefully next year.

Bear Fan 101
September 20th, 2006, 04:30 PM
dang, sounds like we should be playing the other members of the conference than SFA as far as all the extracirriculars go.

McNeese72
September 20th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Is this before or after you've hacked into the opponent's messageboard? :rolleyes:

Me, hack into the Demons' messageboard. Well, I never......

By the way, whoever did it, told me Demonfan99 left the door open to his Delphi webspace by putting an incorrect URL to his Delphi webspace for one of his signature pictures which contained the password to his Delphi webspace. All that happened, was a copy of Jolie Blonde renamed as the same name as the Demon fight song was inserted to replace the Demon Fight song so that Jolie Blonde played instead of the Demon fight song. Also, some McNeese graphics replaced some Demon graphics using the same method.

But whoever did it, left it only for a couple of days, then put everything back to normal. No harm, no foul. :)

Doc

HPCAT
September 20th, 2006, 05:03 PM

Cotton Patch is the institution to grab a bite. Been there many years.

Bring ear plugs for when the fire station across the street blows its horn though.

Like Cat79 says, bring your own firewater. Not a social utopia to say the least.

But don't be so hard on Nacogdoches, it is a neat old town, I like it better than Huntsville on the SLC circuit. Stay at one of their B&Bs.

It will make you appreciate your trip to SM even more. :D

Dallas Demon
September 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Me, hack into the Demons' messageboard. Well, I never......

By the way, whoever did it, told me Demonfan99 left the door open to his Delphi webspace by putting an incorrect URL to his Delphi webspace for one of his signature pictures which contained the password to his Delphi webspace. All that happened, was a copy of Jolie Blonde renamed as the same name as the Demon fight song was inserted to replace the Demon Fight song so that Jolie Blonde played instead of the Demon fight song. Also, some McNeese graphics replaced some Demon graphics using the same method.

But whoever did it, left it only for a couple of days, then put everything back to normal. No harm, no foul. :)

Doc

Well, tell whoever did it that the next time I'm in the general Lake Charles vicinity and need dental work, I'll get him to do it. That is assuming that he knows how to do that type of work too. :D

Dallas Demon
September 20th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Is there a SFA message board. I checked out their delphiforums site...dead and not even close to being updated. Are there any fans that go to SFA games for the game or is it just party party party?!!!

The Delphi board is their messageboard. They haven't had much to cheer about this year, so I suspect that's why they have been absent.

SFA 71
September 20th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Cotton Patch is the institution to grab a bite. Been there many years.

Bring ear plugs for when the fire station across the street blows its horn though.

Like Cat79 says, bring your own firewater. Not a social utopia to say the least.

But don't be so hard on Nacogdoches, it is a neat old town, I like it better than Huntsville on the SLC circuit. Stay at one of their B&Bs.

It will make you appreciate your trip to SM even more. :D

SM isn't any better than Huntsville, just different.
I've a feeling all three teams are going to have a long, long season.

McNeese72
September 21st, 2006, 07:57 AM
Well, tell whoever did it that the next time I'm in the general Lake Charles vicinity and need dental work, I'll get him to do it. That is assuming that he knows how to do that type of work too. :D

Okay, I'll pass the word along. :D

Doc

SFA 71
September 21st, 2006, 11:12 PM
SFA is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Is Nichols State even in a town?

GeauxColonels
September 21st, 2006, 11:16 PM
Is Nichols State even in a town?
Nope....it's in an incorporated city.

SFA 71
September 21st, 2006, 11:18 PM
And that would be??

GeauxColonels
September 21st, 2006, 11:19 PM
And that would be??
Are you really that ignorant....or is this an extremely ill-fated attempt at being funny?

SFA 71
September 22nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
Are you really that ignorant....or is this an extremely ill-fated attempt at being funny?

Well, Gee Mister, I guess I am ignorant BUT I did take the time to look up the center of the Universe location of Nicholls State. Somehow I doubt if 1% of the state of Texas knows where Thibodaux is located & when they do look it up, I don't think that they are going to be too impressed with it's size (Gee it's not any bigger than Nac) nor it location in the middle of no where between NewOrleens & Lake Charles. I don't believe Houma is much more impressive then Lufkin. I guess I am ignorant but I, at least, am Civil

For the rest of us Non-Louisianans, here's what you need to know to keep from being ignorant.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Thibodaux (pronounced "TIB-uh-doe"; IPA: [

UCABEARS75
September 22nd, 2006, 09:49 AM
Despite the remarks by one MSU Bears poster, I'm impressed with the UCA Bears so far. They gave the ISU Birds all they could handle a couple weeks ago. I noticed on the "College Football Ranking Comparison" site that the Bears are in at #48 making some big jumps. The comparsion site is pretty cool because it has 19 different rankings from I-AA experts from across the country, so you get a true feel for who the top teams are...check it out.

I think UCA will take care of business this week and top SFA. UCA 24 SFA 17 :)

Thank you for the nice remarks birds....

A few of us got a little carred away with ourselves this week. We really do have good, nice fans and we look forward to playing teams from the Gateway, the number one D-Iaa conference, many times in the future.

The best way to improve is to play good teams and competition wise and location wise it makes sense for us (UCA) to try to play ya'll (Gateway teams) as much as possible.

In other sports ya'll (MVC) teams can probably handle us pretty easily but the above holds true, we need to play you so we can improve.

The ISU fans were great as were most of the MSU fans.

GeauxColonels
September 22nd, 2006, 08:32 PM
Well, Gee Mister, I guess I am ignorant BUT I did take the time to look up the center of the Universe location of Nicholls State. Somehow I doubt if 1% of the state of Texas knows where Thibodaux is located & when they do look it up, I don't think that they are going to be too impressed with it's size (Gee it's not any bigger than Nac) nor it location in the middle of no where between NewOrleens & Lake Charles. I don't believe Houma is much more impressive then Lufkin. I guess I am ignorant but I, at least, am Civil

For the rest of us Non-Louisianans, here's what you need to know to keep from being ignorant.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Thibodaux (pronounced "TIB-uh-doe"; IPA: [
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Center of the universe? Don't think I ever said that. All I did was make a statement that SFA is in the middle of nowhere.....which it is. I doubt if 1% of Texas could locate Nacodoges on the map if you want to get cute about it.

SFA 71
September 22nd, 2006, 09:34 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Center of the universe? Don't think I ever said that. All I did was make a statement that SFA is in the middle of nowhere.....which it is. I doubt if 1% of Texas could locate Nacodoges on the map if you want to get cute about it.

I doubt I could find NACODOGES but I think I could do well finding Nacogdoches. At least I hope so as my daughter is there now. I think that most of the people in Huntsville & a good number of the San Marcos crowd have an idea about the location of SFA & Nacogdoches. Nacogdoches has the same good & bad attributes as Baton Rouge. The good thing is it's only 100 miles or so from NO... the bad news is it's 100 miles from NO. Nac is 120 +/- miles from Dallas & Houston. I seem to like it that way

GeauxColonels
September 22nd, 2006, 09:47 PM
I doubt I could find NACODOGES but I think I could do well finding Nacogdoches. At least I hope so as my daughter is there now. I think that most of the people in Huntsville & a good number of the San Marcos crowd have an idea about the location of SFA & Nacogdoches. Nacogdoches has the same good & bad attributes as Baton Rouge. The good thing is it's only 100 miles or so from NO... the bad news is it's 100 miles from NO. Nac is 120 +/- miles from Dallas & Houston. I seem to like it that way
80 miles actually...but who's counting - and between you and me...I would much rather be back in the New Orleans area.

It wasn't a knock on SFA...it's just that the city really is in the middle of no where.

SFA 71
September 22nd, 2006, 09:57 PM
:o If you grew up in a town of 1,100 people in deep East Texas in the 60's & a trip Crockett (5,000) 13 miles away happened about twice a month & a trip to Houston happened about once a year, Nacogdoches & Lufkin were the center of the known universe

BEAR
September 22nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
According to the UCAFANS.com website both buses going to the game broke down on the way but the team will eventually make it to their destination. :bang: One of the squads did a walkthru on a church parking lot while being watched by police. Interesting events before the game..:bang:

bobcatfan06
September 23rd, 2006, 02:45 AM
I used to think Naconowhere was up by Tyler. I have no desire to ever go to a SFA game. Rednecks, rednecks and more rednecks. I'll pass.

SFA 71
September 23rd, 2006, 01:33 PM
I used to think Naconowhere was up by Tyler. I have no desire to ever go to a SFA game. Rednecks, rednecks and more rednecks. I'll pass.
Yeah I'd rather go to a game in SM where I can climb up 150' ramps to get to my seat & can sit & listen to the trains go by (on the tracks that run along beside the stadium) every quarter & can stare off past the north end zone where I can look at that freight delivery business & (if I'm lucky) park only a quarter of a mile from the filled up stadium parking lot. Yeah, the poor ole SFA rednecks have to sit & look at the beautiful pine trees surrounding the stadium. What a choice! xlolx

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah I'd rather go to a game in SM where I can climb up 150' ramps to get to my seat & can sit & listen to the trains go by (on the tracks that run along beside the stadium) every quarter & can stare off past the north end zone where I can look at that freight delivery business & (if I'm lucky) park only a quarter of a mile from the filled up stadium parking lot. Yeah, the poor ole SFA rednecks have to sit & look at the beautiful pine trees surrounding the stadium. What a choice! xlolx

oh snap :bow: