PDA

View Full Version : Awards flying in for EWU's Vernon Adams

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
On Monday, Adams was named the CBS Sports Offensive Player of the Week, an award that almost always goes to an FBS player. Adams is the first Big Sky Conference Player to win the award.

Adams was also named the National Offensive Player of the Week by the Sports Network and a National All-Star by College Sporting News. The College Football Performance Awards selected Adams as the National Performer of the Week and the National Quarterback of the Week. He was also named the National Offensive Player of the Week by College Sports Madness, and the Big Sky Conference ROOT SPORTS Player of the Week.
http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2013/9/2/FB_0902133612.aspx

xthumbsupx

Red & Black
September 2nd, 2013, 03:11 PM
All great honors, especially the first one mentioned. That said, gotta stay humble and focused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
September 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
This kid deserves them all. I don't care that the OSU D played like a sieve. He made them look worse than they probably are.

dudeitsaid
September 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
All great honors, especially the first one mentioned. That said, gotta stay humble and focused.

This. The worst possible outcome of this game will be an inflated ego that leads to under-performing in next week's or any of the following games. Don't forget the near loss to CWU a couple of years ago. Western Oregon is not a bad DII team. And if EWU thinks they can cruise through any of these games, they can get bitten. EWU has a gauntlet of a schedule, and will no doubt be amped for the big games. I just hope they don't let down for the "lesser" opponents.

dudeitsaid
September 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Add this article: http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/Releases/13fbSept2AdamsPOW

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM

xthumbsupx

If he keeps it up, he could make a strong case for getting some Heisman votes ... that's as impressive a performance as you'll see from any player in the country, at any level of football.

Twentysix
September 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM

xthumbsupx

Was he a USA today player of the week?

Tyler Roehl was and he isn't even a QB :p.

Seriously though congrats to him.

kalm
September 2nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
518... Most yards passing in the history of Reser Stadium. Don't know how far that goes back, but if it considers the likes of Moon, Elway, Bledsoe, Rypien, etc...that's awfully damn impressive.

Red & Black
September 2nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
Was he a USA today player of the week?

Tyler Roehl was and he isn't even a QB :p.

Seriously though congrats to him.

And if Vernon Adams rode a 12-Speed my guess is NDSU would have someone with a 13-speed. One-upper much?

Red & Black
September 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
518... Most yards passing in the history of Reser Stadium. Don't know how far that goes back, but if it considers the likes of Moon, Elway, Bledsoe, Rypien, etc...that's awfully damn impressive.

I thought it was the total offensive yards record.

Interesting that EWU holds passing records in two Pac-12 stadiums, both broken within two years of one another.

kalm
September 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM
I thought it was the total offensive yards record.

Interesting that EWU holds passing records in two Pac-12 stadiums, both broken within two years of one another.

xnodx

Twentysix
September 2nd, 2013, 08:21 PM
And if Vernon Adams rode a 12-Speed my guess is NDSU would have someone with a 13-speed. One-upper much?

Nah we would also have a 12-speed, just two of them instead of one. :p

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2013, 01:29 AM
not trying to dis-credit his performance but man the OSU secondary looked so bad it was just weird..... hmmmm

Screamin_Eagle174
September 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Adams being interviewed live on the Jim Rome show right now. "How's it going Mr. Rome!?" Haha.

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/cbs-sports-radio

Screamin_Eagle174
September 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
"Thank you very much for having me, God bless and GO EAGS!"

YES.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 3rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Jim Rome giving Adams and EWU a lot of love right now after the interview. "God he's got a lot of IT, doesn't he?"

Screamin_Eagle174
September 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
"I'd look for another reason to put him on, I loved that."

Grizalltheway
September 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Take it easy with the knob-slobbing there, turbo. xcoffeexxcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
September 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
http://matthershberger.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/god-haters-gonna-hate-eagle.jpg

Screamin_Eagle174
September 3rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
"Manziel should take notes from this kid."

dudeitsaid
September 3rd, 2013, 11:35 PM
It was great interview. It's crazy how much he reminds me of Russel Wilson, not just in playing style, but in the way he talks about his team. He's bought in, no doubt!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Gee, one game...................stop the season now!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I see what you all are getting at, I mean just give him the Heisman now why play anymore games? Its obvious when you take apart the vaunted Oregon State defense in one single game that you are already better than Tom Brady and Joe Montanas, creepy love child.

Lets see here:
Faster then Usain Bolt
Stronger than Magnus Ver Magnuwson
The height of Shaq
Agility of Jordan
Fire of Farrakhan
Intelligence of Hawking

Stop, Stop STOP...........we are already weak in the knees!!!!

Seriously though.......http://www.v2cigs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/stop-doing-that-lady.jpg

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I can't freaking wait until Sept. 28th!! I would hope voters realize A&M is on quite a different level than the other teams FCS opponents beat. EWU, NDSU's, McNeese's and all the other wins were huge for FCS and could very well see more this week. We should go into the EWU game 3-1 and hopefully still ranked in the top 5. Will be the biggest regular season game in bowers history and probably the entire fcs season.

Sammy94
September 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I would hope voters realize A&M is on quite a different level than the other teams FCS opponents beat.

Who cares what voters think? Even if we take a beat down like we gave HBU, it doesn't matter. When we beat those teams that have beat a FBS squad then it matters. Polls don't mean a thing at this point.

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Who cares what voters think? Even if we take a beat down like we gave HBU, it doesn't matter. When we beat those teams that have beat a FBS squad then it matters. Polls don't mean a thing at this point.

It would get alot more publicity which as you know is hard as hell to come by for us in Houston if it were two top 5 teams especially with the national publicity EWU has been getting for their win. I want to see a crowd that week like there was for the Alcorn State game.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Why would SHSU risk playing The Eastern Washington Adamses?

You do know hes the best to ever play the game right?
You do know they wear Red, have a field that is Red and they are proud of Red....right?
Did you see what he did against Oregon State? Seriously buy your way out of this game like the cats did NDSU...........its your only hope for survival.
This game is over before Adams wakes up that Saturday morning....William Wallace himself wouldnt fUk with this guy.....not even Tyson

It is true everything is bigger in Texas including crazy

xcoffeex

kalm
September 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Why would SHSU risk playing The Eastern Washington Adamses?

You do know hes the best to ever play the game right?
You do know they wear Red, have a field that is Red and they are proud of Red....right?
Did you see what he did against Oregon State? Seriously buy your way out of this game like the cats did NDSU...........its your only hope for survival.
This game is over before Adams wakes up that Saturday morning....William Wallace himself wouldnt fUk with this guy.....not even Tyson

It is true everything is bigger in Texas including crazy

xcoffeex

This.

Bisonator
September 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM
The kid had a great game no doubt. Lets see how great he is against a team that plays defense before we award him the Heisman. ;)

Sammy94
September 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Did you see what he did against Oregon State?

I heard he was cramping up. 2 pm in Texas in September, I can't wait to see him puking like many Montana guys were a few years ago. We are playing the Johnny of the BCS this week, can't wait to see the Johnny of the FCS!! Please keep the hype up, it sure will be entertaining when he falters.

dewey
September 4th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Congratulations to Mr Adams for the week 1 performance against Oregon State and the video game numbers he put up as well as the awards.

Go Bison!

Dewey

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Falters?

Yeah right, God made Adams in his image.............your post was laughable!!!! For the first time ever, VA is BIGGER than TX!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 4th, 2013, 04:23 PM
A lot of people might take AJ1's posts as mockery, but don't be fooled. He actually knows those things to be true.

http://maroonblood.com/viewtopic.php?p=4424#p4424

xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
September 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I can't freaking wait until Sept. 28th!! I would hope voters realize A&M is on quite a different level than the other teams FCS opponents beat. EWU, NDSU's, McNeese's and all the other wins were huge for FCS and could very well see more this week. We should go into the EWU game 3-1 and hopefully still ranked in the top 5. Will be the biggest regular season game in bowers history and probably the entire fcs season.
A&M isn't the team they were last year. They only returned 11 starters, and Rice of all teams put up what, 35 on them? The only reason they're ranked as high as they are is Johnny Douchebag.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 4th, 2013, 04:26 PM

EWU/MSU will probably be bigger.

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Not after sept 28th :-)

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2013, 07:31 PM
MSU isnt that good and they will go right through E-gals

Grizalltheway
September 4th, 2013, 09:04 PM

So will Eastern/UM.xcoffeex

fmrbearkat
September 4th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I hope UM are for real this year. Sure looked good against app....be nice to see you guys again in December!

dudeitsaid
September 5th, 2013, 12:05 AM
EWU has a lot of great games on the sched. UM is back, and even in their down year, they are a tough game for EWU, as aside from MSU, they appear to be the biggest rivalry. Cal Poly, SHSU, MSU, and the FBS games...if EWU was a bad team, it would be a miserable schedule. But with a good team this year, these games should all be worth watching.

Sammy94
September 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM
A&M isn't the team they were last year. They only returned 11 starters, and Rice of all teams put up what, 35 on them? The only reason they're ranked as high as they are is Johnny Douchebag.

Don't let the Rice game fool you. 7 of their starters on defense were suspended against Rice. I also believe 3 of those will also be suspended against SHSU. Once everyone returns for them they are just as good as last year if not better. They face Alabama the week after they play Sam so I think they will play full throttle against the Kats to prepare for Saban's boys. I hope we keep it close but as long as we come out of it healthy and collect our check, I really don't care what the final is. The kats will be facing the best QB and overall team they will face all year. The experience our OL and secondary will gain from playing that kind of talent early on in the season will prepare them from anything they will face during the season.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 5th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Don't let the Rice game fool you. 7 of their starters on defense were suspended against Rice. I also believe 3 of those will also be suspended against SHSU. Once everyone returns for them they are just as good as last year if not better. They face Alabama the week after they play Sam so I think they will play full throttle against the Kats to prepare for Saban's boys. I hope we keep it close but as long as we come out of it healthy and collect our check, I really don't care what the final is. The kats will be facing the best QB and overall team they will face all year. The experience our OL and secondary will gain from playing that kind of talent early on in the season will prepare them from anything they will face during the season.

The play by play guy said 7 total players, 6 on defense, but only 3 were starters.

fmrbearkat
September 6th, 2013, 02:49 AM
8 total including Johny Hancock and Shazzar. Johnny paycheck and 2 are back full. Shazzar suspended another half. 3 defensive and 1 offensive still out. Of the 8 total 3 1/2 are back. 3.5 starters out on defense still.

fmrbearkat
September 6th, 2013, 02:49 AM
I think....damn drug tests!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 6th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I think Adams just threw another pass for a score.................this time he was at a bar.