View Full Version : Villanova fake punt

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Pretty Cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMXMHY8DfPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMXMHY8DfPE

bjtheflamesfan
September 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
You have to watch rea closely because the camera goes with the supposed action and you miss the player that actually has the ball until he is almost in the end zone. I had to watch 4 times to figure out what happened

HailSzczur
September 2nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
They call it the "Talley Ho, and Away We Go". Best fake punt I've ever seen.

Twentysix
September 2nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Took me 3 times from the huffington post article to realize there was no handoff.

TribeNomad
September 2nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Tribe fans only too well recall the fake punt in the 2009 semis. That Talley is sneaky!!

Tribal
September 2nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
One BC player wasn't fooled but missed the tackle thanks to a good chip block. Well executed.

clenz
September 2nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Probably the best fake punt ever....

I hope they call it the annexation of puerto rico

The Cats
September 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
It's too bad we don't have video of Georgia Southern's fake punt against Savannah State in the 4th quarter of the game and ahead 63-9 at the time.

......here's want Monken had to say about it after the game - “I’m not satisfied with three and out,” Monken said. “We ran the ball on the fake punt and we ran the ball again (with a fresh set of downs). It’s not illegal. It’s not against the rules.

“It wasn’t to run up the score. Guys on our scout teams were out there taking the next snaps. It had nothing to with Savannah State. It had everything to do with Georgia Southern. I was ticked off the way Georgia Southern was playing. I was ticked off the way Georgia Southern played all night. This isn’t anything I didn’t tell them.”

clenz
September 2nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Kind of like Wisconsin going for 2 when up by 50 in the 4th on Minnesota - wasn't about running the score up by scoring more, just getting reps.

BULL****

rokamortis
September 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
It's too bad we don't have video of Georgia Southern's fake punt against Savannah State in the 4th quarter of the game and ahead 63-9 at the time.

......here's want Monken had to say about it after the game - “I’m not satisfied with three and out,” Monken said. “We ran the ball on the fake punt and we ran the ball again (with a fresh set of downs). It’s not illegal. It’s not against the rules.

“It wasn’t to run up the score. Guys on our scout teams were out there taking the next snaps. It had nothing to with Savannah State. It had everything to do with Georgia Southern. I was ticked off the way Georgia Southern was playing. I was ticked off the way Georgia Southern played all night. This isn’t anything I didn’t tell them.”

Heard they prepared for the game by kicking puppies.

DFW HOYA
September 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM

Of course, it was still running up the score. Reminds me of the quote from Woody Hayes after OSU beat Michigan 50-14 and Hayes went for a two point conversion in the fourth quarter. When asked why he did went for two, Hayes replied: "Because they wouldn't let me go for three."

Tribal
September 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
I'm taking your word that this is how it went down. Bad move by Monken and BS on the 2nd team excuse because his second team defense could have used the reps as well.

WVU's coach has a reputation of rubbing it in but even his team took a knee after they couldn't punch it in with about a minute left. Sportsmanship applies to players AND coaches/staff.

bjtheflamesfan
September 2nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Really? youre whining about that here? Look...do I agree that it was a bad move...yes...do I agree with posting about it in a thread talking about a properly used fake punt in a close game...no

rokamortis
September 2nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Really? youre whining about that here? Look...do I agree that it was a bad move...yes...do I agree with posting about it in a thread talking about a properly used fake punt in a close game...no

Lighten up Francis.

Welcome to AGS, where threads about Monmouth possibly joining the CAA end up being about Liberty and Jerry Falwell or how just about every other thread gets hijacked and turns into a thread all about the Patriot League.

bjtheflamesfan
September 2nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Ive noticed that last one actually...do their fans have some sort of psychological complex or something?

wmmii
September 2nd, 2013, 01:32 PM

Shows no class from a normally good program........

wmmii
September 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
I'm taking your word that this is how it went down. Bad move by Monken and BS on the 2nd team excuse because his second team defense could have used the reps as well.

WVU's coach has a reputation of rubbing it in but even his team took a knee after they couldn't punch it in with about a minute left. Sportsmanship applies to players AND coaches/staff.

Totally agree tha WVA showed class yesterday on this! GSU coach could learn..

wmmii
September 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
They call it the "Talley Ho, and Away We Go". Best fake punt I've ever seen.

Awesome play!!

Bison56
September 2nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Wow I had to watch that a couple times to see it.