PDA

View Full Version : If Alabama and North Dakota State played each other...

bjtheflamesfan
August 31st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Who would win? Now the purpose of this is to create a meaningful dialogue about who would win a matchup between the preseason #1 teams in I-A/FBS and I-AA/FCS this year if it were to occur. This isnt a place to talk smack or act like crazed fanboys or pad your post count (and please no mention of chattown outside of this parenthetical note).

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2013, 11:21 AM
Alabama and I doubt it would be close.

Kansas State is a solid, very well respected program. However, they are not an elite team this year.

There's no doubt that KSU, Michigan and VTech are FCS's biggest scalps....

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Alabama is on its own level even in the BCS.....I'm not touching this one.

Mountaineer
August 31st, 2013, 11:24 AM
xlolx

Really?

While NDSU had a very impressive win, they'll roll through the FCS this year, Alabama is another level.

I remember the hype in 2008 when App traveled to Baton Rouge to face LSU. The meeting of the previous years national champions. LSU blew the doors off. I think the Bison would actually play to win though, unlike Jerry's history of facing FBS teams. :o

Thundar
August 31st, 2013, 11:27 AM
lets take note this wasn't a NDSU Fan that started this thread with that Bama Rolls

melloware13
August 31st, 2013, 11:32 AM
I'd want the Bison to do well, but Bama would win easily. I just went through their scores from last year, and it seemed that only Georgia, LSU, and aTm stayed even close to them.

MTfan4life
August 31st, 2013, 11:46 AM
Well, let's see. Alabama would slaughter Kansas State. McCarron would feast his eyes on such an inexperienced defense and Alabama's elite D would love getting to face a new to FBS QB. It would be over by halftime. Of the 120 some teams in the FBS this season, Kansas State is in the middle third. Alabama is undeniably top 3. This hypothetical matchup wouldn't be much of a matchup at all. Asking to create a meaning full discussion about this is almost to the line of saying Brittney Griner would do well in men's basketball simply because she's so dominant in women's. xcoffeex

Skjellyfetti
August 31st, 2013, 11:48 AM
Not sure if serious.

blueballs
August 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Neither would show up because they're both scared Chatty would be there.

mountaineerman
August 31st, 2013, 12:08 PM
It would be identical to the ass smashing they put on the irish last year

MR. CHICKEN
August 31st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Neither would show up because they're both scared Chatty would be there.

18079.......DERE IT IS.............RULE BREAKERAH.........xrulesx......AWK!

deez_na
August 31st, 2013, 12:26 PM
Would love to see NDSU win against Alabama but that would never happen. Bama is too good, way too good

AppAlum2003
August 31st, 2013, 12:39 PM
Who gave you drugs?

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2013, 12:54 PM
So... Do you not see the different level of play Alabama is at? Goodness this isn't even worth discussing.

Moto X

344Johnson
August 31st, 2013, 12:57 PM
So... Do you not see the different level of play Alabama is at? Goodness this isn't even worth discussing.

Moto X

for all intents and purposes, alabama is a semi-pro team.

Drblankstare
August 31st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Lets be real here folks. Great win for the Bison, bit c'mon. This is just silly talk

md64179
August 31st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Roll tide

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2013, 01:23 PM
for all intents and purposes, alabama is a semi-pro team.

With ESPN money backing them, of course they are!

Moto X

Gil Dobie
August 31st, 2013, 01:27 PM
Similar to GSU's game, 3 TD or more.

dewey
August 31st, 2013, 01:40 PM
Alabama is on its own level even in the BCS.....I'm not touching this one.

Agreed! Alabama is on its own level.

Dewey

Apphole
August 31st, 2013, 01:44 PM
NDSU is a damn good program, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. They would get doubled up by every SEC school and tripled up by Bama. Just like half the FBS would.

Bisonwinagn
August 31st, 2013, 02:32 PM
Well, let's see. Alabama would slaughter Kansas State. McCarron would feast his eyes on such an inexperienced defense and Alabama's elite D would love getting to face a new to FBS QB. It would be over by halftime. Of the 120 some teams in the FBS this season, Kansas State is in the middle third. Alabama is undeniably top 3. This hypothetical matchup wouldn't be much of a matchup at all. Asking to create a meaning full discussion about this is almost to the line of saying Brittney Griner would do well in men's basketball simply because she's so dominant in women's. xcoffeex

Well she's actually a man so not sure if it's comparable.

grizband
August 31st, 2013, 02:46 PM
Accidentally voted for NDSU by 3 TDs....meant to vote for Alabama by that margin xwhistlex

Bisonator
August 31st, 2013, 03:10 PM
Accidentally voted for NDSU by 3 TDs....meant to vote for Alabama by that margin xwhistlex

Thanks for the support! xlolx

Alabama would win easy. I still don't think it would be 3 TDs though. We get the ball, 3 plays in 5 minutes, punt. Alabama marches down in 10 minutes and it's 7-0 after 1. We get the ball, manage 1 first down, 6 plays in 10 minutes, punt. Alabama marches down field in 5 minutes, 14-0 at the half. We put eye drops in their Gatorade during halftime. They get the ball and march down to the field to make it 21-0. Then the drops kick in and we milk the rest of the clock and score at the buzzer for a final of 21-8. We go for 2 since they are in the can anyway. :D

ASU_Fanatic
August 31st, 2013, 03:36 PM
59-14 Alabama

Gil Dobie
August 31st, 2013, 03:44 PM
59-14 Alabama

You are saying this Alabama team is better than the 2011 team that beat GSU 45-21, GSU losing to NDSU 35-7 that year?

NDSU would lose big, but I'm not so sure 'Bama gets 59 points, IMO, in the 40 range as they did against GSU.

bjtheflamesfan
August 31st, 2013, 03:47 PM
This is a serious thread Skyjellyfetti.

I thought it was worth opening a discussion because while K-State is a very good win, it isnt as big as it could have been with K-State losing Klein and a few others. I would want to see who would win if NDSU at their best lined up against Alabama at their best.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2013, 03:48 PM
You are saying this Alabama team is better than the 2011 team that beat GSU 45-21, GSU losing to NDSU 35-7 that year?

NDSU would lose big, but I'm not so sure 'Bama gets 59 points, IMO, in the 40 range as they did against GSU.

And Bama wouldn't have that lineman in the backfield known as Trent Richardson.

BEAR
August 31st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Is this seriously a thread? Really? Does this question really have any other answer than the obvious? Mods, delete this thread. I'm glad an NDSU fan didn't start it. Ridiculous why do we see these threads every time an FCS school has success against an FBS? Just sad.

McNeese75
August 31st, 2013, 03:55 PM
It would be ugly

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

344Johnson
August 31st, 2013, 04:00 PM
This is a serious thread Skyjellyfetti.

I thought it was worth opening a discussion because while K-State is a very good win, it isnt as big as it could have been with K-State losing Klein and a few others. I would want to see who would win if NDSU at their best lined up against Alabama at their best.

I wouldn't. The Herd would get rolled hard.

saxbison
August 31st, 2013, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't. The Herd would get rolled hard.

Yup. Bama could choose the score.