PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Network

DFW HOYA
August 27th, 2013, 06:26 PM
The Patriot League network broadcast schedule:

Holy Cross: 5 home games, 8 overall (plus one game on CBS SN)
Lehigh: 5 home games, 7 overall (plus one game on CBS SN)
Colgate: 6 home games broadcast, 7 overall (plus one game on CBS SN)
Bucknell: 5 home games, 7 overall
Fordham: 5 home games, 6 overall (plus one game on CBS SN)
Georgetown: 0 home games, 3 overall

(*Lafayette has two PLN broadcasts but will likely broadcast most of its season on its own local network.)

http://georgetownfootball.blogspot.com/2013/08/lights-camera.html

Pard4Life
August 27th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Is the MSF equipment not good enough for their video?

Oh boy... you didn't just ask that question did you? With Bogie lurking around these parts? xlolx

It's quite simple really... the Verizon FIOS exclusivity contract expressly prohibits that the league Gtown is apart of to broadcast Georgetown games.

DFW HOYA
August 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I thought he'd blame Fox Sports One.

Bogus Megapardus
August 27th, 2013, 08:08 PM
you didn't just ask that question did you? With Bogie lurking around these parts?

http://abovethelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Flounder-300x186.jpg

Oh, boy this is gonna be great!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 27th, 2013, 11:34 PM
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that there is some issue, resolved or not, with Big East Basketball on Fox Sports One that is precluding Georgetown from broadcasting football with PLN.

Bogus Megapardus
August 28th, 2013, 05:31 AM
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that they couldn't find an extension cord long enough to stretch over the decades-old construction fence in order to plug in the transmitter.

PAllen
August 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Want your home games televised? Here's a thought: Allow visiting teams' broadcasters to turn on their cameras. I know, shocking, but with Georgetown's academic reputation, you should be able to grasp the idea.

DFW HOYA
August 28th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Want your home games televised? Here's a thought: Allow visiting teams' broadcasters to turn on their cameras. I know, shocking, but with Georgetown's academic reputation, you should be able to grasp the idea.

Contrary to AGS legend, LSN did cover the 2011 game at Georgetown. Verizon kept RCN from an over the air broadcast, but I watched the LSN coverage online.

Remise
August 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Although it is not yet on the posted schedule, for those Masochists of the Chenango Valley who have not seen the announcement, the Patriot League has said the Colgate-Air Force game will be streamed, too.

I plan to be watching, because I don't know any better.

B.C. Milligan

Bogus Megapardus
August 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Verizon kept RCN from an over the air broadcast

Flat out incorrect, as you well know, DFW. Verizon was not even there. It was Georgetown and its officials that physically barred Lafayette's over-the-air broadcast production crew from the premises, not Verizon.

I've already heard all about how it was all supposedly Veizon's fault; how Georgetown somehow was ignorant of the terms of its Verizon contract; that Georgetown entered into the contract but "didn't really intend to enforce it" and so on. The facts are these: Georgetown deliberately schemed with Verizon in private to construct a binding contract that would prevent Lafayette's ability to broadcast the game; Georgetown did not notify Lafayette of the terms of the contract even though Georgetown was fully aware of the terms; Georgetown waited until Lafayette showed up at the game - with a full live television broadcast crew and at considerable expense - before turning the crew away without explanation or apology.

Georgetown deserves ZERO games broadcast on the new PL Network and that's exactly what it is getting. Personally, I couldn't be more pleased.

PAllen
August 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Contrary to AGS legend, LSN did cover the 2011 game at Georgetown. Verizon kept RCN from an over the air broadcast, but I watched the LSN coverage online.

So, you're saying that GU let them turn on the cameras, just not the mics or the broadcast link. I see. That makes all of the difference. xthumbsupx