PDA

View Full Version : Northern Arizona @ Idaho State

dbackjon
September 17th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Big Sky action opens for both teams - and many questions surround both.
Each has played two I-A teams - NAU lost to Arizona State and Utah, while Idaho State lost to UNLV and Idaho. Both teams had easy wins against D2 foes. Both teams can afford at the most one conference loss, as that is the only way to get 7 DI wins need for an at-large playoff bid.

nevadagriz
September 17th, 2006, 10:22 PM
This should be a great opening weekend. I'm really interested in the Isu vs Nau game. Also Msu vs EWU this game should be really good which team will fall to the basement and which team will attempt a climb to the top.
Sac ST vs Montana this game is always way closer than it should be especially in WA GRIZ. This will be only swogs second game with the Griz and Sac looked tough last week. The Portland vs Weber game looks even more intriguing with the injuries to the psu QB! Let the conference games begin.
Nau over ISU 34-27 both Qbs have big games but Nau comes up with big stop at the end!

DaGriz
September 17th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Also Msu vs EWU this game should be really good

Or really really bad with a 0-0 tie going into the fourth. I actually still can't believe the Cats are as bad as they are playing. EWU is playing with a young team. The Cats have a lot of good players that aren't playing well. I think the Cats will finally get on track this weekend and roll.
NAU/ISU is going to be a good one. I think ISU wins in a shootout. It will be one of those games where last team to have the ball wins.
If PSU loses it's first and second string QB's for a while that's a real tough break. I would have to give Weber the nod then.
I think with 2 weeks to prepare the Griz will roll Sac. St., but you never know, they have taken us to 2OT at Wa. Griz in the past. Stranger things have happened.