PDA

View Full Version : UC-Davis @ Youngstown State Thread

FlyYtown
September 17th, 2006, 07:38 PM
This is setting up to be a tremendous matchup between two likely Top 15 teams at Stambaugh Stadium this Saturday Evening at 6PM ET.

YSU is coming off a 37-3 loss at I-A #25 Penn State; while the Aggies come after blowing out the Bobcats of Montana State 45-0 in Montana.

YSU starting TB Marcus Mason sat out the game saturday healing a sore hamstring, and will likely be available this Saturday.

Tom Zetts is coming off a decent day going 12 of 20 passing for 95 yards.... While Backup QB Mike Schneider went 4 for 7 for 42 yards.... So on the passing front we got some much needed work; which is good.

Hopefully our running attack will be healthy, but the defense will need to step it up now, with the loss of leading tackler Jeremiah Wright on D.

I say YSU wins this game, 31-28, in front of 19,000 at Stambaugh.... Huge Game folks, and could lead the winner to a deep run into the playoffs, if they do what they should do....

GO PENGUINS

dbackjon
September 17th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Go UC-Davis! Represent the West!

aggie6thman
September 17th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Your Qb's are going to have to throw for more than that. Our run defense is as tough as they come. We held MSU to 2 yards on rushing and 32 against Northern Colorado.

Ags pull this one out.

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I look for a YSU win, but in a D struggle. 24-17 is possible, unless the Aggies can't stop the run. Then is gets ugly. So far they have.

FlyYtown
September 17th, 2006, 08:08 PM
YSU Has won 8 in a row in Youngstown.......dating back to 2004...

I just find it tough for anyone to win in this place, especially with the crowd adding the 12th man for us....

Will be close, but I believe the fans help get YSU the win in the late minutes...

ucdtim17
September 17th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Another great matchup that will help us see where the Ags line up against one of I-AA's powerhouses. Everything is finally starting to fall together for us - the TCU game is looking even better now as UCD scored more on them than Baylor and Texas Tech combined. I don't want to jinx us or anything but I could see us winning this game surprisingly convincingly. It should be a good game, but from what we've seen so far out of UCD, this could be a really really good team.

Champs
September 17th, 2006, 08:28 PM
That you will know. YSU has one of the best I-AA D's this year with most everyone back from last years D, which led the GFC in many categories.

Typically, we have seen Air McNair and other passing circuses come to town and get thrashed. I also think it will be low scoring. Anyone with 21 or more wins. Great way to tune up for the GFC race the following week.

AppGuy04
September 17th, 2006, 08:30 PM
After this week, I'm going with UC Davis by 3

FlyYtown
September 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I find it funny, anyone would judge a team after their performance in an environment with 104,000+ on hand...... add the fact a team which won a BCS bowl last year....

Chi Panther
September 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM
This will be a great game!!!!!

goguins444
September 17th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Did Irizarry start the game at penn state and why isn't deke ison starting? just wonderin.

Gil Dobie
September 17th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I look for a YSU win, but in a D struggle. 24-17 is possible, unless the Aggies can't stop the run. Then is gets ugly. So far they have.

UCD is usually pretty good at stopping the run. Should be a good game.

FlyYtown
September 17th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Yes Irizarry started in this game. He had 3 catches.. Once again he is going to be a threat from here on out.....

AppGuy04
September 17th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I find it funny, anyone would judge a team after their performance in an environment with 104,000+ on hand...... add the fact a team which won a BCS bowl last year....

My prediction has nothing to do with Penn St, but more to do with UC Davis' result this weekend and YSU's not really having been tested

FlyYtown
September 17th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Okay. Fair enough. Although that team YSU Beat 34-14 known as Maine, did just win a game 20-17......... I think they are very formidable.

slostang
September 17th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Should be a great game. My money is on UC Davis. Last year the had a great defense and an offense that had potential, but was inconsistant. This year they have the offense to go with their impressive defense.

AppGuy04
September 17th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Okay. Fair enough. Although that team YSU Beat 34-14 known as Maine, did just win a game 20-17......... I think they are very formidable.

If Maine is your measuring stick then the NC is well out of your grasps. With the offense UCD put up on Montana St, I think YSU's defense is in trouble

Paladin1aa
September 17th, 2006, 10:03 PM
This is hilarious. Better be ready with some reality on Saturday in Youngstown. Then I suppose we'll hear UC-D is no good !! LOL !!!

Rubbish. xidiotx

AggiePride
September 17th, 2006, 10:32 PM
This is hilarious. Better be ready with some reality on Saturday in Youngstown. Then I suppose we'll hear UC-D is no good !! LOL !!!

Rubbish. xidiotx

Should be a good game. :cool:

I hope we make a good showing, going to be tough taking our 4th road trip in a row to such face such a good team.

OrneryAggie
September 17th, 2006, 10:33 PM
I'd expect a game befitting of a matchup between ranked schools with strong winning traditions. The only loss each team has is a ~30pt loss to a ranked IA squad. Really no way to call this one just yet.

Having never seen YSU before, what kind of offensive and defensive sets do y'all use? Aggies run a west coast offense and have been mixing in some 2-back formations. D runs a 4-3 and relies on the LB's to make most of the stops. The aggie OLine (avg 6'5"/293 Lbs) and DLine (avg 6'3"/273) both return all the starters from most of last season. Even against TCU the ags held their own in the trenches. Speed to the outside is where they got beat.

Does your stadium have a track or is it football only? Anyone know if there's a return game next year?

Wish I could make the trip but I'm saving my one road trip on the season for Cal Poly.

AggiePride
September 17th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Does YSU have any sort of video feed?

GoGuins
September 18th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I don't know of a video feed. I think Gateway games can be watched over the internet. They do rebroadcast home games at 10:30 pm on a local station

Any Aggies coming to Ytown? Where are you staying?

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2006, 08:58 AM
No track at the stadium. FB only. The O for Penn St avg. 292 on the OL and 278 on the DL. D is a 3-4 with variations and based on speed. The O will use 6'4,265 and 6'5 ,255 TEs, sometimes in a double set. OL is experienced, senior -junior laden and deep. Secondary is experienced, best combo CB's in the GFC with nickel and dime packages.

Expect a strong run game with passing mixed in. Play action, roll outs,drop back and shot- gun. Three TBs will be used and a 230 & 260 FBs. I think its going to be brutal. An eye-opener.

ysubigred
September 18th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Not real sure if YSU is as good as projected. The jury is still out on the "O" and the "D" is as usual the back bone of Youngstown football.

The road catches up with the Agg's!!

YSU 13-6

shakdaddy3
September 18th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Secondary is experienced, best combo CB's in the GFC with nickel and dime packages.

wait a second here... you guys have 1 INT and that was by a safety (not ur "best combo CB's in the GFC), the #6 total D in the gateway, #5 in points allowed, and you think you have the best D/secondary in the Gateway?

you guys are delusional xidiotx

I'm going with UC-D on this one considering their O can put up a bunch of points and their D is good overall, especially against the run though. YSU's O is #7 in total offense in the Gateway, #5 in rushing yds/g (142), and #5 in passing yds/g (167)... not too impressive IMO.

UC-D 31
YSU 17
(crowd is silent and stunned throughout the game xlolx )

GoGuins
September 18th, 2006, 10:27 AM
wait a second here... you guys have 1 INT and that was by a safety (not ur "best combo CB's in the GFC), the #6 total D in the gateway, #5 in points allowed, and you think you have the best D/secondary in the Gateway?

you guys are delusional xidiotx

I'm going with UC-D on this one considering their O can put up a bunch of points and their D is good overall, especially against the run though. YSU's O is #7 in total offense in the Gateway, #5 in rushing yds/g (142), and #5 in passing yds/g (167)... not too impressive IMO.

UC-D 31
YSU 17
(crowd is silent and stunned throughout the game xlolx )

Good points

shakdaddy3
September 18th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Good points
thanks... i'm pulling for you guys, just thought some of the talk about how good ur D is needed some clarification for the UC-D fans... and some YSU fans too!

madcow
September 18th, 2006, 12:50 PM
This will be a good hard game for both teams, esp. with UC Davis coming to its 4th away game in a row. But even with that I see UCD winning by 3 to 6pts. YSU will be a little frustrated that their run not being as effective against a strong and fast UCD Defense. UC Davis's offense is also impressive this year which will cause some mismatches vs. the YSU Defense. Im just angry that we are not able to go to the playoffs this year...oh well...Next year...watch out 1-AA.
Go UC Davis....
Go GWFC.....

Bison77
September 18th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Should be a great game - GO Aggies - I hope YSU overlooks you and you don't have a let down after killing the kitty cats.

GoGuins
September 18th, 2006, 02:56 PM
No reason for YSU to overlook the Aggies, we all know what they will bring to the table. Biggest game of the year thus far

Hopefully a big crowd will make some noise

GoAgs72
September 18th, 2006, 03:00 PM
UC Davis loses to strong 1A team TCU 13-46
UC Davis beats what has been a decent 1AA team 45-0

Average the points for and against and I get UC Davis winning 29-23 so that's my prediction for the Youngstown State game. Can anyone show where this makes sense mathematically at all? Maybe I'll just call it an educated guess.

FlyYtown
September 18th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I just don't see anyone, even this year coming into Youngstown and winning. Folks this isn't some small normal I-AA Stadium.

This is a 21,000 seat stadium with what I am told will be a huge crowd, although the forecast as of today has RAIN.... That should change!

Those points by shakdaddy or w/e your name is; again don't just look at those stats straight up, look deeper into it all.

Many of those stats were hurt badly in this past game @ Penn St. You must remember we did not play our starting RB Marcus Mason, who will be playing Saturday...

Our defense held Penn State to 0 Points after about 20 minutes in Happy Valley, and then they just fell apart, because they were tired...

If the offense can play like they have at home over the last 10 home games: 34.5 points per game; then UC-Davis is in for trouble.

This game will truly show the difference between EAST and WEST Football.

Penguins win it 31-24...... I will change my prediction as the week goes on, the more I hear on the weather will cause that...

SochorField
September 18th, 2006, 08:00 PM
[/QUOTE]
I think its going to be brutal. An eye-opener.

:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

....the same crap we heard from Bozman last week. This will be a fantastic football game. This is my prediction.

I will change my prediction as the week goes on, the more I hear on the weather will cause that...

It was snowing at gametime in Bozman (barely)....we "werent going to be able to hang" in that weather. The only thing we 'hung' was 45 pts. I remember each of those 2 Montana State rushing yards like yesterday.

FlyYtown
September 18th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Nothing against the snow, but the rain on Saturday looks to be heavy.... Something YSU has already successfully played in 2 weeks ago....

I just think the rain will hurt the offenses of each team. Should be a spectacular game, but the home field advantage will prevail!

Sure TCU crowd was big, but other than that.. You got this.. with even more butts in the seats than this!
http://mc878.photosite.com/~photos/tn/319_348.ts1157060088000.jpg
and
http://mc878.photosite.com/~photos/tn/318_348.ts1157059812000.jpg

OldAggieAlum
September 18th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I just don't see anyone, even this year coming into Youngstown and winning. Folks this isn't some small normal I-AA Stadium.

This is a 21,000 seat stadium with what I am told will be a huge crowd, although the forecast as of today has RAIN.... That should change!

Don't expect the UC Davis team to be intimidated by the stadium or fans. They have already played at TCU this year in a bigger stadium where they scored more points than Baylor and Texas Tech combined; and one of only two touchdowns scored against TCU so far this season.

It's still too early in the season and I know too little about Youngstown to make a prediction. Just don't expect the UC Davis team to be intimidated by the weather, travel, or whatever. They seem to thrive on it.

OldAggieAlum
September 18th, 2006, 08:47 PM
For the record, there were 25,272 fans in attendence at the TCU game; almost all TCU fans because of the distance from Davis.

RabidRabbit
September 18th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Aggies - Happy mudder Muckers, HO HO HO!

Seriously, these guys are worst that postmen. They keep delivering.

Should be another Great GWFC/GFC match up. I believe one of three this year. UNI beat Jacks in first one, and then SIU/SUU finish the season against each other.

shakdaddy3
September 18th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Those points by shakdaddy or w/e your name is; again don't just look at those stats straight up, look deeper into it all.

Many of those stats were hurt badly in this past game @ Penn St. You must remember we did not play our starting RB Marcus Mason, who will be playing Saturday...
and some were helped by playing slippery rock... waaaaaaaaah... and ur crowd is overrated :thumbsup:

FlyYtown
September 18th, 2006, 09:56 PM
and some were helped by playing slippery rock... waaaaaaaaah... and ur crowd is overrated :thumbsup:

Well say what you, want but throw those numbers outta the town.

At home over the last 10 home games: We have averaged 34.4 points........ We shall see if that continues Saturday..

19,000 and 25,000 is really no difference crowd wise, when we want to be loud, we will be... Just ask Illinois State and Maine and Western Illinois what happened when we did!

OldAggieAlum
September 18th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Your media guide says that the biggest crowd at the Ice Castle last year was 16, 809 vs. Illinois State, so I'll take that as a sign of respect for UC Davis that you anticipate the biggest crowd since 2001 for this game.

UNHWildCats
September 18th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I truly understand the "The OFFICIAL "I Hate Youngstown" Smack Thread " now xlolx xlolx :D xlolx xlolx xlolx :hurray:

FlyYtown
September 19th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Your media guide says that the biggest crowd at the Ice Castle last year was 16, 809 vs. Illinois State, so I'll take that as a sign of respect for UC Davis that you anticipate the biggest crowd since 2001 for this game.

Well take it whatever way you want but this day has been the highest selling game since Day 1....
Why?

This is the biggest tailgate day of the year with quite a few corporate tailgates, a kids tailgate, fireworks after the game, and waterbottles to all the fans.....

Add to the fact its the game of the week, there will be a huge crowd Saturday, if the rain holds off!

GoGuins
September 19th, 2006, 06:33 AM
I truly understand the "The OFFICIAL "I Hate Youngstown" Smack Thread " now xlolx xlolx :D xlolx xlolx xlolx :hurray:

Because of one guy

The crowd will be smaller than you think Fly. OSU-Penn State kicks off at 3:30 which will cut into the 6:00 pm YSU-Davis kickoff. You've seen it before, if there's a conflict in the OSU-YSU gametimes, most will stay home to watch St Tressel. Plus, if it's raining, more will stay home.

Raining (showers) - 10-12k in seats

Not raining - 15k in seats

For the Maine game the crowd was decent, but half left when the rain came

YSU's attendance is going down every year and the slide will continue, they weren't even in the top 10 last year. First time in about 10 years. People are more interested in watching OSU than going to YSU games. Heck, half the fans at YSU games are wearing OSU apparel. Why do you think the AD is so quick now to accept these big paydays against B10 schools?

ysuindy
September 19th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Because of one guy

The crowd will be smaller than you think Fly. OSU-Penn State kicks off at 3:30 which will cut into the 6:00 pm YSU-Davis kickoff. You've seen it before, if there's a conflict in the OSU-YSU gametimes, most will stay home to watch St Tressel. Plus, if it's raining, more will stay home.

Raining (showers) - 10-12k in seats

Not raining - 15k in seats

For the Maine game the crowd was decent, but half left when the rain came

YSU's attendance is going down every year and the slide will continue, they weren't even in the top 10 last year. First time in about 10 years. People are more interested in watching OSU than going to YSU games. Heck, half the fans at YSU games are wearing OSU apparel. Why do you think the AD is so quick now to accept these big paydays against B10 schools?

Go -you have everything right in this post - from the first comment to the last.

Maybe YSU will sell/distribute 20,000 tickets this week - getting them all to the game is the challenge.

Someone asked earlier about on-line TV - the YSU site does have the game, but you have to pay for it. $20 per game through Teamline. Assuming it is the Fox 17/40 telecast that will be broadcast later, it will be a professional production. How well the internet streams work - that is a different story.

http://www.ysusports.com/broadcast/internetvideo.htm

YSU has basketball telecasts for free, but not football. The Horizon League requires its schools to carry all home league basketball games on live internet video. Kind of neat to watch.

shakdaddy3
September 19th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Well say what you, want but throw those numbers outta the town.

At home over the last 10 home games: We have averaged 34.4 points........ We shall see if that continues Saturday..

19,000 and 25,000 is really no difference crowd wise, when we want to be loud, we will be... Just ask Illinois State and Maine and Western Illinois what happened when we did!
you are THE delusional YSU fan that makes everyone mad... i see it now!

you guys didn't beat ISU last year and the crowd certainly had nothing to do with it either... like i said, your crowd is overrated. if 19,000 is the same as 25,000 that would basically mean the 12,000+ we had is the same as your 19,000... and that is obviously not true.

and throw your last 10 home game stat away if u wanna throw you stats for this year away... and u need to recalculate cuz it's less than 30 over the last 10 home games :)

whoever said it above is right, i finally understand the YSU smack thread and it really is just for you guy :hurray:

GoGuins
September 19th, 2006, 10:07 AM
YSU Game Notes

http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/2006/notes.pdf

GoAgs72
September 19th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Some UC Davis links of interest:

http://ucdavisaggies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/ucda-m-footbl-body.html
http://stuaff.ucdavis.edu/ICA/football/
http://mb4.scout.com/fbigwestfrm20
http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/
http://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/

FlyYtown
September 19th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Okay non-beleiving YSU fans, I was told by an unnamed source last weekend, already 14,000 tickets were sold for this game.
That is not counting about 1,000 students any tickets sold from then until now, and all the walkups for this big tailgate day.
I don't want to come off like an idiot saying this stuff, but the guy who told me this knows more than we all do....

Now sure they may just be 14,000 in the seats with an announced attendance of 17,000; but regardless.. money is money for the University.

Don't think of me as a bad YSU fan folks, I have a lotta pride in it, don't take what I say on here personal by any stretch of the imagination.

FlyYtown
September 19th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Some YSU Links

YSU Athletics Official Site (http://www.ysusports.com/football/)
YSU Message Board (http://www.ysupenguins.com/cgi-bin/ib3new/ikonboard.cgi?;act=SF;f=1)
The Youngstown State Football Blog (http://www.ysufootball.wordpress.com)

GoGuins
September 20th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Alright Fly, I don't know why you're so obsessed with attendance. Hopefully there is a big & loud crowd.

Some bad news, starting LB & Captain Jeremiah Wright probably out for season with knee

Good news, TB Marcus Mason is back

OrneryAggie
September 20th, 2006, 11:45 AM
If I were a YSU fan I'd hope for a smaller crowd. That would mean it was raining and UCD's aerial attack would be grounded. The Ags said having TCU's student section right behind them yelling insults actually got the players more fired up.

NC Aggie
September 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
This is setting up to be a tremendous matchup between two likely Top 15 teams at Stambaugh Stadium this Saturday Evening at 6PM ET.

YSU is coming off a 37-3 loss at I-A #25 Penn State; while the Aggies come after blowing out the Bobcats of Montana State 45-0 in Montana.

YSU starting TB Marcus Mason sat out the game saturday healing a sore hamstring, and will likely be available this Saturday.

Tom Zetts is coming off a decent day going 12 of 20 passing for 95 yards.... While Backup QB Mike Schneider went 4 for 7 for 42 yards.... So on the passing front we got some much needed work; which is good.

Hopefully our running attack will be healthy, but the defense will need to step it up now, with the loss of leading tackler Jeremiah Wright on D.

I say YSU wins this game, 31-28, in front of 19,000 at Stambaugh.... Huge Game folks, and could lead the winner to a deep run into the playoffs, if they do what they should do....

GO PENGUINS

UCD can't go to the playoffs. Seems like 1AA powers that be think D2s moving up have to wait a ridiculous time....Makes no sense whatever. Should be no transition period if you're coming from a lower division. Smacks of "grandfather clauses". Dropping down would make the wait logical. Wait.....did I say "logical" .....sorry

Russ B
September 20th, 2006, 01:33 PM
If I were a YSU fan I'd hope for a smaller crowd. That would mean it was raining and UCD's aerial attack would be grounded.

Like the 60-yard bomb in a downpour to win the Sac State game a few years back? :thumbsup:

NC Aggie
September 20th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Like the 60-yard bomb in a downpour to win the Sac State game a few years back? :thumbsup:

Bad weather will help YSU. I especially don't like the "windy" forecast. Messes with passes.

FlyYtown
September 23rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
Last night at a High School game at Stambaugh, the winds were very bad coming out of the south; unusual in Youngstown, and it caused a few punts to die as well as kickoffs....

If the winds are as bad as last night, the passing game of UC-Davis will have problems... Especially considering those teams last night were primarily running teams.

Also of note: Tornado's have occurred every single day with this storm system that is going to come through. As of this morning, it hasn't rained more than an hour since yesterday evening.

It is going to be humid at the game and that means big time storms, when those happen will detirmine how each team does... Because I am telling you, when storms are approaching, the winds will pick up bigtime with these storms.

GO PENGUINS.
31-24 VICTORS~

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Well, in Davis we've been having severe weather alerts due to strong winds. Maybe the players have been practicing in it and thus been able to adjust.

GoGuins
September 23rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
The weather may get real ugly. I live 25 miles south of Ytown and there's already a dramatic change. Ytown weatherman said expect winds around 50 mph when this storm comes through. I better take a ponchoxlolx

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full.php

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
fan estimates? sounded like they'd be pretty poor if it rained.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
When does this game start?

X-Factor
September 23rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
RIGHT NOW :)

UNHWildCats
September 23rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
7-0 YSU??

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
YSU takes a 10-0 lead, Davis D seems to be waking up though.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Good return by Davis to the Penguin 44

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
1st down Davis, on 3rd and 2.

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Good return by Davis to the Penguin 44
let's go ags....

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
Davis conversion @ YSU's 20 on 4th down.

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
TOUCHDOWN TONY FRIGGIN KAYS

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
TD Davis 10-7, YSU lead.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:32 PM
Seem warmed up now, lets play ball.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
3rd and 12 for YSU, looking solid on D now. Good stops.

YSU first down, though.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
UCDavis 53 yds Youngstown 156 yds first quarter

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
Davis penalty, offsides.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
YSU @ 31 of Davis, Weather is coming in (rain).

YSU running well.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
TD YSU 17-7. running through the Davis D. Their running back core is NO joke. I see a shoot-out coming. Go for it Biggs.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
Grant runs for a FD, Davis getting nice converions on late downs, not looking dominant at all though.

Davis @ Davis 40.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Davis FD @ peguin 38.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
Davis TD, wide open "fake" pass from All American WR Tony Kay's to Turner, Biggs going for it with his huge bag of tricks. Gota love Biggs, good ****.

17-14 YSU

Go AGS!

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 05:51 PM
It's not a boring game, anyway.Kays adds to his TD total.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:52 PM
Mason is kicking some ass, 241 yards of TO for YSU.

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 05:53 PM
Davis TD, wide open "fake" pass from All American WR Tony Kay's to Turner, Biggs going for it with his huge bag of tricks. Gota love Biggs, good ****.

17-14 YSU

Go AGS!
what does the crowd look like?.... I wish I had directv :(

ucdtim17
September 23rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
giant holes on UCD defense - YSU must be averaging 12 ypc

ucdtim17
September 23rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
finally a stop by ucd

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 05:56 PM
what does the crowd look like?.... I wish I had directv :(

I wish I did too, I just know these announcers and derive anything I say from the audio feed.

Man, this is a sick game.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
Davis stop...

Nice pass to Kays, fumble. YSU Ball on Davis 33.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:03 PM
YSU offense rumbling, on Davis' 22.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:04 PM
YSU @ Davis' 5 yard line. YSU is pretty much doing whatever they wish on the Davis D. But it's mutual.

TD YSU 21 Davis 14

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:12 PM
YSU driving again, close to the half mark. @ YSU 48. Mason FD to Davis 40. YSU showing good ofensive balance.

1:28 and YSU is at the UCD 38.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
YSU moves the chains.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
TD YSU, our D is getting smashed. 31-14 YSU. ..... Bronzon for best half time speech ever.

BLUE FORCE!

GO AGS!

ucdtim17
September 23rd, 2006, 06:29 PM
hopefully the D shows up in time for the second half

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 06:33 PM
I guess the Youngstown fans were right about some of YSU's abilities. Let's see who makes the best half-time corrections. Cal Poly three turnovers , behind 0-10 at half. Come on, GWFC! Sac State got wiped out.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
I guess the Youngstown fans were right about some of YSU's abilities. Let's see who makes the best half-time corrections. Cal Poly three turnovers , behind 0-10 at half. Come on, GWFC! Sac State got wiped out.

YSU is not overhyped at all. They are the real deal. We are too though, lets play some ball. Great game.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Keep the updates coming, boys!!

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Note: game is in rain.

Good start for Davis O in beggining of second half, Big run for Davis, Garfio.

Driving Hard to YSU 21, Davis pullling out the guns.

Kays huge catch at YSU 5. Biggs halftime speeches shoul be rocorded.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Aggies at one yard line, TD!

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Noble is out for Poly- I am guessing that is hurting them big time

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:52 PM
Davis on fourth down, TD Davis. I'm drunk. :beerchug:

Hansel
Aggies at one yard line, TD!
GO AGS! :hurray:

igo4uni
Wow, sounds like a good game. :nod: :nod:

Gil Dobie
September 23rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
I got a lot of crap for giving Youngstown a 1st place vote earlier this year. :( They are the real deal so far.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
I'm drunk.

I've heard of people being drunk while posting on this fine board.

I wonder what it feels like??

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D xcoffeex :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

AmsterBison
September 23rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ball State has -7 yards on the ground at the half.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
YSU offense still having a field day.:bang:

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 06:57 PM
I've heard of people being drunk while posting on this fine board.

I wonder what it feels like??

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D xcoffeex :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Pretty much, good.

There was awesome surf today here in So Cal, though......:p

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 06:58 PM

LOL.........I'm glad someone else is hopping around to different threads to keep up to date on the scores!! :nod: :nod:

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 06:59 PM
wrong thread tony? :p

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 07:00 PM

I picked NSDU as the other Great West team to win this week, and UC Davis :D

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Davis stopped.

BLUE FORCE!

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Hey, I'm switching between three sites and two radio broadcasts. It's easy to get confused. UC Davis has to punt following YSU's punt.

YoUDeeMan
September 23rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
Thought I poster this. I've got two good games going. YSU vs UC-Davis and Chat vs Ga. Southern. UTC 24-20. I can't turn either computer down.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
YSU punt. 31-21 YSU.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 07:05 PM
Thought I poster this. I've got two good games going. YSU vs UC-Davis and Chat vs Ga. Southern. UTC 24-20. I can't turn either computer down.

LOL, I love it!!!!!!!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

rcny46
September 23rd, 2006, 07:06 PM
I got a lot of crap for giving Youngstown a 1st place vote earlier this year. :( They are the real deal so far.

You shouldn't have been given a lot of crap about that vote.I think they are the real deal also,and could definitely be around at the end.I watched their game with Penn State,and while PS won fairly easily,there was still something about the way Youngstown looked that day.I think in an earlier post I picked YSU and Montana as the finalists.Who knows.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
YSU interception on their 23, Davis was driving.

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 07:13 PM
Has the broadcast been choppy (freezing every now and then) all game or is it just me?

Good defensive stop by the Ags.

AggiePride
September 23rd, 2006, 07:13 PM
3 and out for YSU, Davis D is here to play in the second half.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
My reception of radio broadcast has been fine.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:19 PM
End of game - YSU just got an interception for TD. 38-21.

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
My reception of radio broadcast has been fine.

Ah, I meant the Comcast broadcast.

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
This game is raising my blood pressure.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Aggies were outplaying YSU in second half except two stupid interceptions. YSU defensive backfield is pretty darn good.If we had the time I would keep it on the ground more.

ucdtim17
September 23rd, 2006, 07:24 PM
Two Davis drives just killed by lazy Grant passes . . . and again

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 07:24 PM
egh. another int.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:27 PM
Three Interceptions in a row are terrible, unacceptable. May want to put in Plough soon. Just not reading the YSU backs. I think we are seeing some of Grant's up-and-down behavior like last year.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Grant almost intercepted 4th time. Cal Poly now 0-17, NDSU about even with Ball St 16-17 last time I looked. SDSU won.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:35 PM
Four turnovers for UC Davis, none for YSU. Seven minutes left. Intentional grounding on WR Kays???

ysuindy
September 23rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
A few plays ago both teams had run 59 yards for 376 yards. Turnovers are definitely the difference in the second half.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:42 PM
Aggies now ahead of YSU on total yardage gained. Turnovers are the difference.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 07:45 PM
How much time left??

Score??

Thanks, I'm following about 5 games right now!!:nod: :nod:

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:45 PM
Aggie FG 24-38 with about 4 minutes left.

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 07:46 PM
Failed onside kick...game over.

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 07:46 PM
Three Interceptions in a row are terrible, unacceptable. May want to put in Plough soon. Just not reading the YSU backs. I think we are seeing some of Grant's up-and-down behavior like last year.
Is Grant the most up and down QB in I-AA?

I just hope he is off when he plays NDSU ;)

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
On-side kick went 9 1/2 yards. Ugh!

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Well, this means he will be up for Cal Poly.

89Hen
September 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
On-side kick went 9 1/2 yards. Ugh!
That's a yard further than Oregon's that they recovered.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 07:52 PM
That's a yard further than Oklahoma's that they recovered.

Now, that is funny!!!!!!!! :nod: :nod:

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:56 PM
26 seconds left - Aggies driving but really no chance to win. I would like to see a late score, though.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Final score YSU 38 UC Davis 24.

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

Russ B
September 23rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
Yup. :(

smarterray
I'll feel better if YSU wins the championship this year. :)

ucdtim17
YSU offense looked great in the first half and this would have been a hell of a game if Grant didn't keep throwing INT's in the second half. As someone else mentioned, hopefully this means he'll be up for the CP game in 2 weeks. Congrats Penguins

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:02 PM
I'll feel better if YSU wins the championship this year. :)

Gateway Championship??

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Cal Poly lost 17-7 as well

(May have to call them Cal Ply as they appear to have no "O")

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
Cal Poly lost 17-7 as well

(May have to call them Cal Ply as they appear to have no "O")

Haha, that's pretty clever.

ysubigred
September 23rd, 2006, 08:27 PM
AWESOME JOB BY UCD!! I drank a whole case of red stars pacing the floor :thumbsup: You all have a tough team and YSU has some wound licking to do to get ready for the GFC. Thank you for a wonderful and exciting game. See you all down the road. Maybe in the playoff's next year :hurray:

FlyYtown
September 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Just got back from the game.. Was everything as advertised, other than Grant throwing int after interception.

Our offense had a field day in the first half, but had a lotta drives stopped in the 2nd.... That they must work on.

Our defense gave up 24 points, but had a lotta huge plays, including a interception for a TD in the 2nd half.

Another great crowd.. I got a ton of pics and videos from this game... And my buddy had some too; so I will try to upload them here in the next hour...

GO PENGUINS

birdsflyhigh
September 23rd, 2006, 08:50 PM
The mighty Penguins score a BIG win...Congrats YSU! Very important win going into the Gateway. Would be great to see this really springboard the Guins back up the polls. :nod:

Chi Panther
September 23rd, 2006, 09:00 PM
Congrats YSU!!!!:bow:

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
Congrats YSU!!!!:bow:

Good win for YSU.............congrats!!!!!!!!!

FlyYtown
September 23rd, 2006, 09:03 PM
And congrats to UNI on your well fought win against IDLE this week!

BDK@YSU
September 23rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
Game stats, for those who are interested...
http://www.ysusports.com/football/2006/stats/game4.htm

FlyYtown
September 23rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
Official: 16,115 in the seats...
At times that place sounded even louder....Especially after the ref told the music people no music when on line of scrimmage. That made the place very loud on every 3rd down.

skinny_uncle
September 23rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
Congrats to the Penguins.

goguins444
September 23rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
enjoyed uc davis's band

FlyYtown
September 23rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
enjoyed uc davis's band

I didn't. I felt like they made damn fools outta themselves. They reminded me of hippies from the 60s....

They also played during PA-Announcements and when the YSU Band Played. They had no class whatsoever.

There fans had a ton of class, but the band made themselves look like fools..

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Nice win for YSU... they are for real.

Paladin1aa
September 23rd, 2006, 11:09 PM
UC-D band was excellent. Love em. Loosey goosey !! LOL !!!

YSU is as advertised. Screwed by the NCAA last year, but will kill alot of people this year. UC-D was very good, even in defeat. Excellent personnel. Might win Great West. Very good team. We are just loaded.

Turn-overs were key and a punishing YSU ground game. YSU D held up against a 1st class passing O.

3- 1, right where we should be with a Penn St. loss.

Champs
September 23rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
The he11 with the polls. UC-D was also the real deal. Both teams are goign to murder people this year.

Great YSU win vs an excellent team. Just butcher the competition and let the fools run amok. March of the Penguins is on !!!:D

smarterray
September 23rd, 2006, 11:26 PM
I didn't. I felt like they made damn fools outta themselves. They reminded me of hippies from the 60s....

They also played during PA-Announcements and when the YSU Band Played. They had no class whatsoever.

There fans had a ton of class, but the band made themselves look like fools..

er...

For an actual band of fools, please go to Palo Alto (see: The Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band)

ucdtim17
September 23rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
YSU run game is legit, just blew UCD off the line in the first half. It mirrored the ND-MSU game in my mind, UCD getting behind early, but I knew we were going to come back. The only difference was Grant is not Brady Quinn and made multiple bad throws that YSU took advantage of. UCD had more first downs than YSU and outgained them by 75 yards. Good game either way, could have been better

lucchesicourt
September 24th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Most games are won and lost based on thr turnover margin. You have to give YSU credit in forcing the turnovers. Congratulations to YSU. However, if YSU is at the top of D1AA, then UCD is NOT far behind. Without the turnovers this game would have been a real barnburner!

GoGuins
September 24th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Official: 16,115 in the seats...
At times that place sounded even louder....Especially after the ref told the music people no music when on line of scrimmage. That made the place very loud on every 3rd down.

Yea right, there were about 9-10k actual butts in seats. What game were you at?:rolleyes:

I told you OSU-PSU 3:30 would affect attendance. Weather wasn't bad either.

ysubigred
September 24th, 2006, 08:18 AM
:twocents: Listening on the YSU web link. It sounded like a high school crowd. (Not loud at all). I'm Trying to figure out FlyY and his obsession with the attendance at YSU? Maybe job security?

On the OSU game: I actually rooted for PSU to win so that it would make YSU look that much better xidiotx Selling out my home state for my University :thumbsup:

Anyways it's time to move onto the GFC and MO ST!!

Happy Penguin
September 24th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Your Qb's are going to have to throw for more than that. Our run defense is as tough as they come. We held MSU to 2 yards on rushing and 32 against Northern Colorado.

Ags pull this one out.

Thank God we don't have to listen to how we can't run on these guys anymore...

UCD is a very good team....playoff caliber for sure.

FlyYtown
September 24th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Okay.... you guys evidently can't judge a crowd. If you think there were 11,000 empty seats there, then think just that. I was told about 12,500 through the gates with 16,000 sold.

I care about attendance so much because we are trying to rebuild this program, and it is tough, but we are already averaging 16,200 this year... Who says attendance will keep going down?

And trust me, after the ref told the people upstairs no music when they leave the huddle, every 3rd down for UC-Davis was very loud, and that 4th down play most people were on their feet.

I got pictures to prove it, but believe what you want. In the end all I care about is the wins, but I donno about you, but I want those bandwagon fans at the games, and I wanna show some dedication to a team which I think has a chance to go to Nooooga.

GoGuins
September 24th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Okay.... you guys evidently can't judge a crowd. If you think there were 11,000 empty seats there, then think just that. I was told about 12,500 through the gates with 16,000 sold.

I care about attendance so much because we are trying to rebuild this program, and it is tough, but we are already averaging 16,200 this year... Who says attendance will keep going down?

And trust me, after the ref told the people upstairs no music when they leave the huddle, every 3rd down for UC-Davis was very loud, and that 4th down play most people were on their feet.

I got pictures to prove it, but believe what you want. In the end all I care about is the wins, but I donno about you, but I want those bandwagon fans at the games, and I wanna show some dedication to a team which I think has a chance to go to Nooooga.

Who cares how many were sold, it's how many actually shows up. Red is right, I've seen a lot more at high school games at YSU than were there last night

You obviously need glasses, most YSU fans that were there agree there were 10k or less butts in seats.

You can continue you're attendance crusade:rolleyes:

Attendance is going down, YSU wasn't even in the top 10 last year in I-AA attendance. First time in 10 years

FlyYtown
September 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Well we are at #11 right now, averaging 16,222 a game... But we also have UNI and SIU on our home schedule, which should bring this # up...

Attendance is vital to prove to the NCAA Committee if we can bring in the dough, as well as show Kent and Akron how it is done!

GoGuins
September 24th, 2006, 10:24 AM
#1 in total attendance:nod:

siugrad99
September 24th, 2006, 11:31 AM
FlyTown your already on the soapbox and it's only Sept. Stop being so defensive about anything remotely associated with YSU. Enjoy your teams success and hopefully it will lead to where you'd like in the end. Getting defensive all the time takes wasted energy and makes even those who share the same passion as you do for YSU not want to associate with you.

FlyYtown
September 24th, 2006, 11:40 AM
What am I saying that is over-doing it? Attendance is important for YSU. It has been going down for years since Tressel left, if it goes up this year, it shows people are beginning to give this team a chance.

About our ranking. I really don't care if we are top 5 or not, because in the end, its the NCAA making the choices. If we do what we have the ability to do, we can win the Gateway, but as previously stated: ILSU-UNI-SIU all going to be major challenges. I see us losing 1 of those 3 games.