PDA

View Full Version : Delaware initiates Beer sales in stadium

bluehenbillk
August 23rd, 2013, 09:24 PM
UD announced tonight that they will sell local Delaware beers Dogfish Head and 16 Mile inside the Tub this year to UDAF donors.

TheDHC
August 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Urge to attend Albany/Delaware game rising..

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
So it's only for a select few? Temple has beer at both football and bball games.

TheDHC
August 23rd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Here's the official update. (http://www.bluehens.com/teams/football/stories/2013/august/082313a.html)

Also new this year, Delaware Athletics is offering the sale of Delaware-brewed beers, Dogfish Head and 16 Mile, at two Delaware Beer Gardens located in the southeast and northwest corners of Delaware Stadium. The Beer Gardens are open to members of the Delaware Diamonds Society, UDAF contributors, and to Premium Box Seat Holders. Eligible patrons will be provided with a voucher to gain access to the Beer Gardens. Box holder guests (non-UDAF/DDS donors) will use their ticket stub for access.

dewey
August 23rd, 2013, 11:50 PM
Hopefully UD will not lose money like the U of MN did last year, their first year of selling beer.

Dewey

SUPharmacist
August 24th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Hopefully UD will not lose money like the U of MN did last year, their first year of selling beer.

Dewey

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/03/20/business/university-stadium-alcohol-sales

The University of MN screwed the pooch on this. I cannot picture another school go as overboard on police and security in combination with as poor a contract with a company to provide the alcohol.

Tod
August 24th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Here's the official update. (http://www.bluehens.com/teams/football/stories/2013/august/082313a.html)

More benefits for the 1%. How nice.

MR. CHICKEN
August 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
18045.............7 HOMERS.....SERVED WHIFF......"DRUNK CHICKEN"........xbeerchugx.......BRAWK!

McNeese75
August 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM
UD announced tonight that they will sell local Delaware beers Dogfish Head and 16 Mile inside the Tub this year to UDAF donors.

xeyebrowx What??? No Blue Hen Beer??????

T-Dog
August 24th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I got club level seats for the App State Fanfest. $5 for a 20-oz beer up there. The food up there was great so I had a blast.

If I read the Minn article right, the difference between a 16K loss and a 15K profit was the set-up costs that won't have to be repeated, aided by the bad contract and overbearing police costs. So basically it should be rather easy to make a profit if you do it right (pit sales companies against each other, properly train staff, buy smart and don't go overboard on extra security).

whoanellie
August 24th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Cannot wait to join the CAA more perks

93henfan
August 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
More benefits for the 1%. How nice.

Sweet. I'm part of the 1% now. Thanks for bestowing the title.

Accelerati Incredibilus
August 24th, 2013, 10:29 PM
That could be the thing that motivates Sean Price into transferring to Delaware. xlolx

dgtw
August 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
How much do you have to donate to qualify as a donor who gets to go into the beer garden?

citdog
August 25th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cannot wait to join the CAA more perks

The SoCon is glad to see you go. An amicable divorce is a beautiful thing.

citdog
August 25th, 2013, 09:20 PM
That could be the thing that motivates Sean Price into transferring to Delaware. xlolx

I think the Hens only take Quarterbacks from the fbs as transfers.

Beer is supposed to bring people together.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL60GS90KSc

ngineer
August 25th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Good for what ales them.....

Bisonoline
August 25th, 2013, 11:30 PM
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/03/20/business/university-stadium-alcohol-sales

The University of MN screwed the pooch on this. I cannot picture another school go as overboard on police and security in combination with as poor a contract with a company to provide the alcohol.

It because they are idiots. I remember when they first proposed having beer they were only going to sell it in certain sections and alot of other real corny BS.

dgtw
August 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
http://youtu.be/P5oFTlae9cg

cmaxwellgsu
August 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
It because they are idiots. I remember when they first proposed having beer they were only going to sell it in certain sections and alot of other real corny BS.

I can understand the alcohol free sections, as it would at least be a great idea down here in the South. There are parts of the fan base that markets well too. That said, losing money on beer at a football game almost takes trying.....

Mr. C
August 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM
18045.............7 HOMERS.....SERVED WHIFF......"DRUNK CHICKEN"........xbeerchugx.......BRAWK!
I don't want to see any drunk Chickens (especially you) when I'm at the Tub on Thursday. Behave yourself.

Mr. C
August 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I can't wait to see all those drunk geriatric fans on Thursday night.

Ivytalk
August 26th, 2013, 06:56 PM
I can't wait to see all those drunk geriatric fans on Thursday night.
All the drunk geriatric App fans never make it to the stadium. They just pass out next to their stills.:p

MR. CHICKEN
August 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I don't want to see any drunk Chickens (especially you) when I'm at the Tub on Thursday. Behave yourself.

18048......WAS REFERRIN'....TA DUH RECIPE........WHERE UH CAN O' PILSNER....IS INSERTED.....INTA RUMP...O' BIRD...PRIOR...TA COOKIN'.....KINDAH PLAYIN' WHIFF THREAD TITLE........DUH BIG BIRD...DOESN'T PARTAKE...DURIN' DELAWARE GAMES......TRY TA STAY AWAY....FROM DUH PEE WALL & DUH SPLASH-BACK...PHENOMENON....'SPECIALLY......IN DENIM SHORTS WEATHERAH......xrotatehx....AWK!

Mr. C
August 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM
All the drunk geriatric App fans never make it to the stadium. They just pass out next to their stills.:p

I don't see very many geriatrics at App State games, or with any fan bases not located in Delaware. The Blue Hens have some of the oldest fans on the planet.

Mr. C
August 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
18048......WAS REFERRIN'....TA DUH RECIPE........WHERE UH CAN O' PILSNER....IS INSERTED.....INTA RUMP...O' BIRD...PRIOR...TA COOKIN'.....KINDAH PLAYIN' WHIFF THREAD TITLE........DUH BIG BIRD...DOESN'T PARTAKE...DURIN' DELAWARE GAMES......TRY TA STAY AWAY....FROM DUH PEE WALL & DUH SPLASH-BACK...PHENOMENON....'SPECIALLY......IN DENIM SHORTS WEATHERAH......xrotatehx....AWK!
Glad you cleared that up. Come and pay me a visit before Thursday night's game.

bluehenbillk
August 26th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Delaware's motto: We issue a press pass to anyone.

haha

Ivytalk
August 26th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Does Henrietta approve of yo' "jorts"? AWWK!