PDA

View Full Version : Great job Socon!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 16th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Furman giving UNC a scare...
App looking solid over Mars Hill...
UTC playing WKU tough...
WCU winning over EKU
Wofford only loses to South Carolina by seven...
And of course, Georgia Southern bouncing back with a big win over Coastal

By the way, did you know the Socon now has 18 members? Sports Network says so. Take a look for yourself here...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/southern/scoreboardlg.aspx?season=2006,conf=Southern

PaladinFan
September 16th, 2006, 10:51 PM
By the way, did you know the Socon now has 18 members? Sports Network says so. Take a look for yourself here...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/conf/southern/scoreboardlg.aspx?season=2006,conf=Southern

Perhaps if you count all the "wannabes."

Good night for the SoCon.

chattanoogamocs
September 16th, 2006, 10:57 PM
A lot of good games...ALL the home teams won...unfortunately, to many of the SoCon teams were on the road. :(

I can't complain too much...Mocs had the ball with at least a chance to tie it at the end. They continue to make improvement though...last two years, this game probably wouldn't have even been competitive.

In our live chat on mocfans we were pulling for all our SoCon brethren.

Mr. C
September 16th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I really thought UTC would win. Chattanoogamocs, were you at the game? How did Eldra Buckley do?

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Sadly, I don't get to go to a lot of away games...I own an art gallery on the Northshore and these fall weekends are one of my busiest times of the year.

But, I did listen to the whole game. He wasn't spectacular, but he still ended up with 127 on 26 carries...for him, kind of a yeoman's effort. No big runs, no TDs (Miller had 3 rushing TDs and 40 yards). Credit must also be given to WKU rush defense, they kept him from any breakaway yards.

Chattanooga led most of the stats...total yards, first downs, time of possession. The key to the game was it seemed that WKU came out of the half ready to go and Chattanooga didn't...and sputtered through the 3rd (offense and defense). They seem to be about 1 quarter away from a good football team.

Miller had to pass way too much for him...his completion rate was low (23-48), but did have 224 in the air (and 40 on the ground)...part of it having to throw a lot at the end in catch up. But, he also had no INTs again (only 2 in 3 games...big improvement). WR's Emanuel Hassell had 112 yards, Michael Johnson added 79. Nice balance to the offense.

Ronald Sconyers
September 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Great weekend of football! If not for Austin's fumble, some really one-sided officiating, and the most bizarre call reversal I've seen since the last time the ACC officials had to save one of there teams from a loss with some creative calls, we would be celebating a real victory instead of a moral one. Woulda, shoulda, coulda.

phoenixsq
September 17th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I know people forget about Elon, But we are 2-1 and we did blank a team (28-0) rated in Don Hansen’s National Weekly Football Gazette, No. 15 by D2Football.com, No. 22 by the American Football Coaches Association and No. 27 by CollegeSportsReport.com (Presbyterian). A win is a win and we are far better team this year under Lembo. :hurray: I think we have done well OOC this year and have done the SoCon proud! :thumbsup:

But we will find out how good we are in two weeks when we roll into Boone to face App St.:eek:

Ronald Sconyers
September 17th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Hey, I have alot of respect for you guys. Your program is really coming along. The SoCon is one heck of a tough conference to develop a program in. :twocents: