PDA

View Full Version : UC DAVIS 45 MONTANA ST 0 ?!

ngineer
September 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
I just saw this score on the crawl---is it true? Wow. I've never seen such a turn around from glory to dregs in such a short time span. What the heck happened??!:eek:

grizbeer
September 16th, 2006, 09:51 PM
UCD is very good (too bad they are not playoff eligible) MSU needs some time for new players/transfers to Gel. Never underestimate an opponent!!!!

ravens
September 16th, 2006, 09:54 PM
UCD is very good (too bad they are not playoff eligible) MSU needs some time for new players/transfers to Gel. Never underestimate an opponent!!!!
but how did they beat Colorado ??? they have looked horrible the past 2 weeks??

GoAgs72
September 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Everything went right for UC Davis and nothing went right for Montana State. UC Davis finally got its offense into gear to go along with an excellent defense. WR Tony Kays was finally healthy and got 10 catches for 143 yards. WR Carter and Rice and QB Grant also performed well. Rushing was better but still not got great. Defense was great in all respects.

Check out Cal Poly versus Sacramento State - currently Cal Poly 10, Sac 3 halfway through the third. This would be a big upset if Cal Poly actually lost, which I don't expect.

JALMOND
September 16th, 2006, 10:41 PM
This and what is going on in Cheney tonight sets up an interesting game next week in Bozeman (EWU at MSU). Could be a heartbreaking loss for either team, and could jump-start the rest of the season for the winner.

ysubigred
September 16th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Man I hope you all used up all your points this week!! :thumbsup: After the A$$ whoopin we took and all the wounds we need to lick YSU don't need to see all that fire power coming to town any time soon :eek: Have a safe trip to the Ice Castle this week :bow:

FlyYtown
September 16th, 2006, 11:00 PM
LOL Big Red.. Great Minds Think Alike.

We lost Jeremiah Wright today, and Mason was out. That is what I have concluded is why we had just 80 yards on the ground. If he would've played, that score wouldn't have been that bad....

BUT

That move could also be the move of the year. We need to get Mason Healthy... and if we do that, then we are off.

I am scared of this UC-Davis team.. YSU Better be ready.. I am told that a huge crowd is expected for this game with well over the 16,200 average!

mtgrizfan4life
September 16th, 2006, 11:05 PM
I watched the MSU/Cal Davis game. I cannot see a more inconsistent team in the nation at any level than MSU. They looked absolutely horrible against Cal Davis. Even with RB Groves healthy, things do not look good. Kramer's staple over the years has been defense and they really looked bad on D against Cal Davis. Hard for me to write them off though being the last 5 years they have been contenders for the Big Sky Title and a royal pain for Montana. There are many MSU fans calling for Kramer's job, if showings like this continue that very well could happen. As for the Cats, I have no idea what to expect any week. As for my Griz, I pray for no let downs or asskickings, and we are at Chattanooga this year. GO GRIZ!!!!!

grizbeer
September 16th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I would be disappointed if MSU did not demolish EWU next week - it would totally put into question where I believe the BSC to be - only 1 surprise to me in the BSC - UNC over Texas State.

umassfan
September 17th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Man talk about a built in excuse. If they are able to beat Colorado with those transfers they should be able to beat a DII team and UC Davis... that is a pretty poor excuse to be made.

I Bleed Purple
September 17th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Is Colorado a really horrible I-A team this year? Defense held OK most of the day against ASU. Still a rather large loss, though.

Man, the Big Sky is wide open this year.

AggiePride
September 17th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Man talk about a built in excuse. If they are able to beat Colorado with those transfers they should be able to beat a DII team and UC Davis... that is a pretty poor excuse to be made.

No they shouldn't. AGS.

Thanks for the respect. :rolleyes:

wannabegaucho
September 17th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Don't be dissing UC Davis.

madcow
September 17th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by umassfan
umassfan...how can you compare a D2 team with UC Davis, who is actually one of the best teams in 1-AA, I think they should be ranked 10th at least!...they dont even have all the scholies yet, and are dominating many strong programs both at the 1-AA and 1-A level...Ex: STANFORD!...I cant wait till next year when we can finally reach the playoffs and show the east coast and the nation who is UC Davis. The west already knows how strong we are..now the rest will find out and give us some respect...I am rooting for Cal Poly this year to go far in the playoffs... Go GWFC and GO UC Davis.
ps: Yo wannabegaucho...when is UCSB gonna start a football team...when ever they decide...they are welcomed in the GWFC!...

ASU Kep
September 17th, 2006, 02:59 AM
It's not that they lost to UC Davis that is surprising people. Everybody knows UC Davis is a damn good team, but 45-zip? Thats insane. MSU is in freefall right now. Maybe they did a little too much partying after the CU win?

lucchesicourt
September 17th, 2006, 04:17 AM
First, UC davis IS better this year than last. Ask UNH about UCD before people start saying someone SHOULD beat us at the 1AA level. UCD can hang with the BEST of 1AA. When we get to a full schollie level we WILL be even better. That is expected to be around the 2008 season.

ASU Kep
September 17th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Damn, nobody said ya'll aren't a good team (edit: well I didn't, anyway). I'm surprised by the SCORE, not the WINNER. Congrats. :)

NC Aggie
September 17th, 2006, 05:58 AM
UCD's offense finally got untracked (after a couple years it seems) and MSU played awful. That combination did it. Grant had all day to pass most time and too many good receivers for the cats to handle.

MSU was kind of shell shocked and self-destructed with penalties.

lucchesicourt
September 17th, 2006, 06:15 AM
"Man talk about a built in excuse. If they are able to beat Colorado with those transfers they should be able to beat a DII team and UC Davis"

Now let's substitute Appy State where UC Davis is and how would you interpret it?

Man talk about a built in excuse. If they are able to beat Colorado with those transfers they should be able to beat a DII team and Appy State!

psc2445
September 17th, 2006, 07:46 AM
"Man talk about a built in excuse. If they are able to beat Colorado with those transfers they should be able to beat a DII team and UC Davis"

Now let's substitute Appy State where UC Davis is and how would you interpret it?

Man talk about a built in excuse. If they are able to beat Colorado with those transfers they should be able to beat a DII team and Appy State!

dude, relax! you know you thought they would be real strong after beating colorado just like everybody else on here. I am sure you probably looked at your schedule and thought, man we are in trouble. Now we know they must not be very good. Good win, accept the congrats, but you have to know where people are coming from with comments like that

cosmo here
September 17th, 2006, 08:34 AM
ps: Yo wannabegaucho...when is UCSB gonna start a football team...when ever they decide...they are welcomed in the GWFC!...

wow, I didn't know the GWFC commish was on AGS !!! xlolx

UCDAggie
September 17th, 2006, 11:11 AM
First and foremost, I thank you guys for regarding to UCD as a good program. I would also like to say that I personally was not offended by the comment and I am honestly getting sick and tired of some of our fans coming back with cocky remarks telling everyone how fantastic we are. We are a great team and I appreciate that you guys take that in, but I would also like to apologize that some of our fans tend to get easy offended and need to tell everyone that we are just about better then all of you. Next some of are fans are probably gonna say how we are the best university in the nation. Please to not get offended because lots of us are very proud of our school, but most of us don't feel a need to act like we are better then everyone.

Go Poly
September 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
First and foremost, I thank you guys for regarding to UCD as a good program. I would also like to say that I personally was not offended by the comment and I am honestly getting sick and tired of some of our fans coming back with cocky remarks telling everyone how fantastic we are. We are a great team and I appreciate that you guys take that in, but I would also like to apologize that some of our fans tend to get easy offended and need to tell everyone that we are just about better then all of you. Next some of are fans are probably gonna say how we are the best university in the nation. Please to not get offended because lots of us are very proud of our school, but most of us don't feel a need to act like we are better then everyone.

It is going to be one helluva game in SLO town...I wish the west side stands were going to be completed...we would have packed the house. The UC Davis fans would have come down in droves!

I just hope we can slow you guys down!!

OrneryAggie
September 17th, 2006, 11:24 AM
agree with UCDAggie. Too many aggie fans are getting ahead of themselves with continual talk of 'Stanford' and 'wait til we're full scholarship.' Many people know the ags are capable of great things but even the biggest homers among us couldn't have predicted such a dominating win over a higher ranked team. The ags have a tougher, more disciplined team coming up this week and we know the ags, like Montana St, are capable of following up extreme highs with exterme lows.

Tribe4SF
September 17th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Montana State?!?!:confused:

The yo-yo of the year has apparently suffered a broken string.

lucchesicourt
September 17th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Sorry, I did not think we would lose for a minute. UCD also beat a BCS school last year with fewer schollies and less talent. This year's team is a LOT better. I believe UCD will also beat YSU this week at Youngstown. Our 3 starting receivers are quite good as well as our QB's. The O-line has been doing a great job protecting the QB. That spells trouble for anyone playing UCD.

AggiePride
September 17th, 2006, 12:20 PM
double post.

AggiePride
September 17th, 2006, 12:21 PM
First and foremost, I thank you guys for regarding to UCD as a good program. I would also like to say that I personally was not offended by the comment and I am honestly getting sick and tired of some of our fans coming back with cocky remarks telling everyone how fantastic we are. We are a great team and I appreciate that you guys take that in, but I would also like to apologize that some of our fans tend to get easy offended and need to tell everyone that we are just about better then all of you. Next some of are fans are probably gonna say how we are the best university in the nation. Please to not get offended because lots of us are very proud of our school, but most of us don't feel a need to act like we are better fans then the rest.

Think about it. But anyways I agree partially. I think the days of acting like we have "little man syndrome" are over and we need to act like it.

I apologize if I seemed cocky, but this is just a forum, and I have been here a pretty long time and know the attitudes of most of the posters here. My reaction was 100% towards the person I quoted.

OrneryAggie
September 17th, 2006, 12:24 PM
xlolx

Think about it.

nice catch.

UCDAggie
September 17th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I had changed the last sentence before I entered it so it looks like I screwed up lol. No need to be my english teacher is there?:)

UCDAggie
September 17th, 2006, 01:21 PM
"Man talk about a built in excuse. If they are able to beat Colorado with those transfers they should be able to beat a DII team and UC Davis... that is a pretty poor excuse to be made."

As far as this quote comes, I think to many of us are trying to make this an offensive quote. Umass was simply saying that Montana St didn't have an excuse for losing. To many of you are trying to switch his words around to make it look like he is comparing UCD to a Division II team. He is saying that if Montana St could beat a 1-A opponent with more money and more scholarships, then they should of had a shot at beating their next two opponents which they lost to. Please don't come back saying that we are better then Colorado because we beat Stanford.

nevadagriz
September 17th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Montana State is not dead and will suprise a few teams this year! However too many people on this board drank the "kramer" juice and thought msu was way better than they are. They lost a huge part of their O with Lulay and Gatewood. They have many holes to fill and this could be a tough year for them. This is in no way a slam on the cats just wanted to point out that many fans on AGS thought WAAAY to highly of the cats after the CU game! Every year they break there fans hearts by losing to a team they should destroy and beat a team they should lose to!
Oh yeah Davis looked awesome yesterday. I think they started on the bobcats side of the 50 like 5 times in the second half. Short field position + talented offense = blowout

ucdtim17
September 17th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Nice to see the offense finally play to their potential - now let's keep this going next week and at CP

GOKATS
September 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Congrats to UC Davis. You guys played a great game while the 'Cats tripped & stumbled all afternoon.