BestOfBreed
September 16th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Nice win for the Cats!

psc2445
September 16th, 2006, 08:09 PM
good win, whee!

ekufbfan
September 16th, 2006, 08:21 PM
EKU's play second half was nothing short of pitiful! Congrats to wcu, you deserved the win.

Toppermaniac
September 16th, 2006, 10:32 PM
It truly was a GREAT day!!!!! LOL

Toppermaniac
September 16th, 2006, 10:35 PM
ekufbfan, it's really funny how you almost had an stoke when I pointed out how poorly WKU played last week (turnovers and penalties) yet the only thing you post when your Jeds lose is how poorly they played. Hello kettle, this is the pot. You're black!!!!

ekufbfan
September 16th, 2006, 10:52 PM
ekufbfan, it's really funny how you almost had an stoke when I pointed out how poorly WKU played last week (turnovers and penalties) yet the only thing you post when your Jeds lose is how poorly they played. Hello kettle, this is the pot. You're black!!!!

Hardly the same thing, as I recall your post went something like this, "the reasons wku lost". I did not blame the officiating, I did not say anything about turnovers and I did not say anything about penalties, as you did. We sucked in the second half and we got beat. Plain and simple...while you were into the "excuse" making.

Glad you had a great day, enjoy it, you probably won't be having all that many. And with the way things looked tonight, we probably won't be either.

Toppermaniac
September 16th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Hardly the same thing, as I recall your post went something like this, "the reasons wku lost". I did not blame the officiating, I did not say anything about turnovers and I did not say anything about penalties, as you did. We sucked in the second half and we got beat. Plain and simple...while you were into the "excuse" making.

Glad you had a great day, enjoy it, you probably won't be having all that many. And with the way things looked tonight, we probably won't be either.

And once again you're wrong. I don't know about the glasses you're wearing, but you might just want to go back and read my post about the WKU-WKU game. I not only congratulated EKU, but also said that they deserved to win the games. Whether you like it or not, penalties and turnovers DO greatly influence the outcome of games. Pretty much everyone in the world knows this with the possible exception of you. It's funny how you tell me I made excuses, but you still only said the EKU played poorly today. Any thought to the fact that your team was just outplayed?

ravens
September 16th, 2006, 11:07 PM
And once again you're wrong. I don't know about the glasses you're wearing, but you might just want to go back and read my post about the WKU-WKU game. I not only congratulated EKU, but also said that they deserved to win the games. Whether you like it or not, penalties and turnovers DO greatly influence the outcome of games. Pretty much everyone in the world knows this with the possible exception of you. It's funny how you tell me I made excuses, but you still only said the EKU played poorly today. Any thought to the fact that your team was just outplayed?

enough you two ! This is a WCU thread. Take your bickering back to the Bluegrass State.

ekufbfan
September 16th, 2006, 11:16 PM

You know, this is getting old. Read anything you want into what I say. I certainly know that turnovers, penalties and the coach making no adjustments at half time, all influence the outcome of the game. The POINT here is I did not mention them nor did I say that's why we got BEAT (not why we lost the game as you did). Also, let me correct you, I said we "sucked"/ "were pitiful" the second half. Actually, we played pretty good the first half. However, you aren't interested in how we played, you are just arguing semantics, because you are still pissed because we beat you last week. Let it drop!

Mr. C
September 16th, 2006, 11:33 PM
How about giving us some details on the game? How was WCU's defense? It sounds like the Catamounts made a good comeback to pull this one out in the second half.

catamount man
September 17th, 2006, 12:33 AM
At the half, EKU had controlled the clock 22 mins to 8 mins, had 315 total yards, and had 16 first downs while we had ZERO. We were only down 17-7 thanks to a blocked punt returned for a TD by Mordy Ornguze and some good defensive play. Bottom line, our coaches made great halftime adjustments and it was on in the 2nd half, scoring 13 unanswered, forcing 3 turnovers, and playing ball control offense. I can't WAIT for Furman next week!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!

WCU LawCat
September 17th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Mr. C

I have witnessed a number of WCU games but I have never seen one like this one. EKU totally dominated the first half of the game. EVERY SINGLE ASPECT! The 16 day layoff for WCU hurt in the first half. After halftime, both teams came out and WCU took the kickoff. From that point on, I thought that both teams just traded uniforms in the locker room. The WCU defense obviously received a huge pep talk in the locker room and the coaching staff made BIG TIME offensive changes. Swygert played outstanding as he has all year. Too bad it was not really noticed due to our ability to run the football extreamly well. On defense, the DL started putting some pressure on Greco. After that, it opened up a lot of opportunity for the rest of the defense to make some big plays. True freshman Kadeem Morgan picked off a pass by diving to the turf and snatching the ball one handed right before it hit the ground. EKU has a very good team, but something just got into the Catamounts at halftime.

The Cats
September 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM
what a great come from behind win. the entire SoCon should take notice, WCU is for REAL.

galojay
September 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw ekufbfan's post. When I said WKU lost to EKU because WKU didn't perform and played a bad game, I got jumped because I didn't say WKU lost because EKU was a better team. Yet in this post I see ekufbfan saying the same thing, EKU didn't play well and thats why they lost.

WCU LawCat
September 17th, 2006, 12:34 PM
EKU did play very well up until halftime. They came back out falt. I still think they are good and can give JSU a run in the OVC.

Whee7
September 17th, 2006, 02:07 PM
hey,
I was at the game. WCU was able to cut off a very big tight end that was a miss match up second half. EKU couldn't do much offensivley. The two intercetions in the second half were key. Western's offense finally started to click second half. The first half EKU had control. Second half was all Western. WCU's defense looked awesome though.

ekufbfan
September 17th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw ekufbfan's post. When I said WKU lost to EKU because WKU didn't perform and played a bad game, I got jumped because I didn't say WKU lost because EKU was a better team. Yet in this post I see ekufbfan saying the same thing, EKU didn't play well and thats why they lost.

Don't put words in my mouth, I certainly did not say anything like you implied . Go back and read everything I said on here. Maybe you should just stick with HH and all the warm fuzzies you can get from your inbred fan board. You would be a much happier camper. ;)

Maroons
September 17th, 2006, 08:50 PM
enough you two ! This is a WCU thread. Take your bickering back to the Bluegrass State.

That was funny... and probably the first time I've laughed since that disheartening loss.

The Catamounts deserve a lot of credit for coming out with so much life in the 2nd half. Now my Colonels are back in the familiar position of absolutely having to win the OVC.

Good game, Cats... looking forward to seeing you in Rich-City next year.

DotCat
September 17th, 2006, 10:54 PM
EKU's play second half was nothing short of pitiful! Congrats to wcu, you deserved the win.

Thanks for the kind words, however WCU's play in the first wasn't anything to brag about, other than the early punt block returned for the TD, the first half was pretty bad for the Catamounts.

WCUFLALUM
September 18th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Man, it is nice to see the Cats pull out a win in a BIG game! Now I have my finger crossed. Maybe the lessons they learned will carry over the next two weeks verus Furman and Georgia So.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

BigCatFan
September 18th, 2006, 09:47 AM
The difference in the second half for the Cat's was that we made several noticeable changes to our defensive scheme, most notably pressing their receivers at the line of scrimmage instead of providing the ample cushion that we did during the first half. Also, the defensive front ****ed from a 3-4 setup to a 4-3, which seemed to allow us to stop the run up the middle more effectively, and put pressure on the QB.