PDA

View Full Version : Princeton 14, Lehigh 10

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Disappointed, but we need to face facts.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2006, 07:43 PM
This score is shocking. We heard it as 10-0 Lehigh in the first half, and then 14-10 Princeton, and then 14-10 final... wow... Lehigh, you have alot of problems. If you don't beat Villanova, I don't see how the fans are not calling for Coen's head. Lehigh is 1-2? :confused:

ngineer
September 16th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Tons of mistakes, again. And the galling part is they're being made by some experienced players, not rookies. Early scoring almost looked to easy. They have to learn they cannot just 'turn it on' when they have to. They have to turn it on and be focused all the time. Team now has a bye week--should be a lot of 'fun' this week:rolleyes: I've already spilled my guts on LFN's blog. My fingers hurt...:mad:

Lehigh Lover
September 16th, 2006, 11:50 PM
You have said it correctly, Chuck. We have been spoiled as Lehigh fans. We cannot and the players cannot just walk into games on Saturday expecting to cruise to victory. We all have to remember that Lehigh lost a ton of talent at the end of last season plus there is a new coaching staff in place with different schemes for the offense and defense. I still believe this team has the talent to win the Patriot League. We as fans have to be patient. They will have two weeks to make adjustments and we'll see what happens against Harvard.

ngineer
September 16th, 2006, 11:58 PM
You have said it correctly, Chuck. We have been spoiled as Lehigh fans. We cannot and the players cannot just walk into games on Saturday expecting to cruise to victory. We all have to remember that Lehigh lost a ton of talent at the end of last season plus there is a new coaching staff in place with different schemes for the offense and defense. I still believe this team has the talent to win the Patriot League. We as fans have to be patient. They will have two weeks to make adjustments and we'll see what happens against Harvard.

No question that there has been a 'transition' but that is no excuse for the types of mistakes made today--esecially the penalties. I agree the defense has changed significantly and it appeared our players were out of position a few times today. But the offensive scheme doesn't appear all that unique. The guys have had spring practice and have now been at it for 6 weeks. I did not detect any 'urgency' in the players in the fourth quarter as there was last week. I think they underestimated their opponent today and that is what happens.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2006, 11:59 PM

We shall see. I've always been a glass half full guy but this team needs a lot of work. The talent is there but the execution, discipline(coaching) and the never say die attitude seems to be lacking. Princeton is not a very good football team which doesn't say much for the Hawks right now. First the players need to make plays. Threatt had an open TE and under threw him then he had Travoto in the end zone and missed him by a country mile. These are plays Lehigh had converted in the past. I'm not blaming Threatt because i think he has a heart of lion and if anything he try's too much, but you need to cash in. I just hope they're following the Colgate recipe from last year, bad loss to start the year, good win, then another bad loss before they get things going. If not it's going to be a long long year that might result in 4-5 wins. On the bright side Lehigh alums be grateful your school hasn't been outscored 124-0 the last two games. :bawling: :bawling:

RadMann
September 17th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Some pics from the game from the local paper:

http://www.mcall.com/media/photo/2006-09/25426889.jpg
http://www.mcall.com/media/photo/2006-09/25426888.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Check in later on this, but I think all the posters on this board are wayyyyyyyy underestimating Princeton. The Ivy coaches picked them 6th, but as I mentioned earlier, in the I-AA.org preview I had them picked much higher.

Still haven't watched the replay, but it sounds like key penalties and clock management were a huge part of the problem.

LEHIGH61
September 17th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Don't, by any means, underestimate the Tigers. Next week against Lafayette we will see if they are for real. The QB Terrell looked absolutely sensational in the second half. His quick release, zip, and accuracy were as good as I've seen in a long time. If Princeton is able to capitalize on his talents they could be a very formidable team.
As for Lehigh, all is not lost. Last year the talent should have taken them very deep into the playoffs, but we all know how that opportunity went down the tubes in an eery way. This season they still have an opportunity to win the Patriot League outright, and I think they have a legitimate chance to do exactly that. Righting the ship against Harvard would go a long way toward achieving that goal.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Sunday's Word: "Fitness".

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Chuck you are making Princeton sound like the second comming of the '72 Dolphins. Princeton has had 2 winning seasons in 8 years. If Princeton is a very very good football, which must make them atleast a Top 25 team, i expect them to go no less than 8-2 this year. Lehigh has played and beaten a lot better teams than the Tiger one they lost to on Saturday. Lehigh was brutal yesterday nothing else can be said. Princeton won because they didn't screw u,p as you said "Princeton is a solid, talented team that tackles well, can play effecient offense and can block." They simply played fundamental football something Lehigh did not. They did not win because they are a "very very good football team". They won because they were a better coached team that didn't keep shooting itself in the foot.

You also say Lehigh needs to get in better shape. Lehigh has played two games and Princeton has played 1!! If Princeton is truly in better game shape, without actually playing a game, than Lehigh that is absolutely pathetic and whoever is in charge of conditioning should be fired immediately.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 18th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Princeton won because they didn't screw up, as you said "Princeton is a solid, talented team that tackles well, can play effecient offense and can block." They simply played fundamental football something Lehigh did not. They did not win because they are a "very very good football team". They won because they were a better coached team that didn't keep shooting itself in the foot.

I'm repeating myself again, but I still think Princeton is a good football team. I guess we'll see next week versus Lafayette. But I don't think you can dismiss last year's 7-3 record to dumb luck or some great individuals. They have good players. Again, I think when we look back we're going to see that Princeton is a bloody good team, despite what they said at "Ivy Media Day". Remember, last year they picked Princeton to finish 6th, and look what really happened.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Press roundup; and, the bye week. I talk a little more about how our fans are feeling these days, too.

ngineer
September 19th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Chuck you are making Princeton sound like the second comming of the '72 Dolphins. Princeton has had 2 winning seasons in 8 years. If Princeton is a very very good football, which must make them atleast a Top 25 team, i expect them to go no less than 8-2 this year. Lehigh has played and beaten a lot better teams than the Tiger one they lost to on Saturday. Lehigh was brutal yesterday nothing else can be said. Princeton won because they didn't screw u,p as you said "Princeton is a solid, talented team that tackles well, can play effecient offense and can block." They simply played fundamental football something Lehigh did not. They did not win because they are a "very very good football team". They won because they were a better coached team that didn't keep shooting itself in the foot.

You also say Lehigh needs to get in better shape. Lehigh has played two games and Princeton has played 1!! If Princeton is truly in better game shape, without actually playing a game, than Lehigh that is absolutely pathetic and whoever is in charge of conditioning should be fired immediately.

There is a post on Chuck's Blog that is quite good in showing how over the past few years the 'best' of the PL has struggled with 'mediocre' teams of the Ivy--See Lafayette v. Penn and Princeton last year, See Colgate losing to CCS and Dartmouth last year and yet both finished on top in the PL. There is a very fine line today between the quality of the PL and Ivy teams. Lehigh, which throttled Harvard last year, barely got by Yale a week or so later--who finished 4-6. Princeton has talent--and yes we should have beaten them because our talent looked better--except we made a lot more crucial mistakes that negated the talent edge. We can be a very good football team. We're just not there yet...:nod: