PDA

View Full Version : CCU/Georgia Southern

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 06:24 PM
7-7 6 minutes in first quarter.

gsu 75 yard run on first play. 4th and goal botched snap for FG then ghetto-balled a td out of it.

Long 80 yard drive for us. PERKILATOR scored TD from 1 yard out.

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 06:38 PM
10-7 gsu. CCU stopped them on 3rd and 4 on our 5.

:38 secs left in 1st

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 06:50 PM
17-7 our defense is getting whipped just like last week at wofford.

11:21 to play in the 2nd

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 07:12 PM
17-14 gsu

they missed a fg and we went 2 plays 80 yards.

50 yard pass to simp then 30 yard pass to simp for the td.

24-14 we have no defense

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 07:23 PM
HALFTIME:

gsu 24
ccu 14

colgate13
September 16th, 2006, 08:00 PM
C'mon CCU - make me a prophet!

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry been on the phone.

31-14 gsu

starting the 4th quarter. we have the ball on our own 44 1st and 10

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 08:20 PM
31-21 CCU TD.

Simpson 7 recepts 200 yards 2 td's.

Yes he is the guy who was on ESPN #1 play.

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 08:32 PM
38-21 gsu.

our coach went berzerk when gsu fumbled in mid air and we recovered and the refs said it was on the ground.:bang: :bang:

socon refs, socon tv. Hmmm:nono:

windwalker
September 16th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry... I hardly ever give the officials heck, BUT....

This SoCon crew is so slanted it is just unreal.

middle of the 4th quarter, and one (1) and that is ONLY one flag against GSU.

An obvious fumble on the goal line.. Coastal recovers... then the crew says the runner was down... well he was upside down in the air when the ball came loose..

Obvious offensive face mask on a replay... the crew called it on Coastal... the wrong team..

This is horrible.. simply horrible...

GSU is playing a better game than Coastal.. there is no reason for the officials to add to it..

disgusting...

bodoyle
September 16th, 2006, 08:45 PM
38-21 gsu will win this one.

We need to buy a defense, we played pathetic.

Refs didn't help at all, but we sucked tonight.

gsu6trophies
September 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, the fumble call was absolutely rediculous. don't know how much it would have changed the game, but coastal would have had the ball back only down by ten. It's good to see GSU looking halfway decent. Hopefully Coastal can rebound. most importantly, BEAT FURMAN

rokamortis
September 16th, 2006, 08:52 PM
This is what I was afraid of - we played decent but I think we may have had a bit of a letdown thinking GSU would rollover. GSU just wanted it a lot more than we did and made the plays. Our defense couldn't stop them and our offense was inconsistant.

Good game GSU.

SouthernEagle02
September 16th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Man that was a nailbiter. GSU wins!!:D

windwalker
September 16th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah... Now that it is over.. Kudos to the Eagles.. you outplayed us.

Good win.

CCUCheer
September 17th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Just got back from the game (4:30am) and I can tell you that was a looooonnnggggg ride home. :mad: :bawling: : smh : Good game GA Southern, you outplayed us. I do agree though that the refs were absolutely horrible tonight and very one-sided. I don't think we would have won the game either way, but it probably would have changed the score a bit. Anyway, good game... Let's get em next week Chants! :nod: Have a good night all xoxoxo
<3 Katie :p :thumbsup:

Laserlips
September 17th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Just got back from the game (4:30am) and I can tell you that was a looooonnnggggg ride home. :mad: :bawling: : smh : Good game GA Southern, you outplayed us. I do agree though that the refs were absolutely horrible tonight and very one-sided. I don't think we would have won the game either way, but it probably would have changed the score a bit. Anyway, good game... Let's get em next week Chants! :nod: Have a good night all xoxoxo
<3 Katie :p :thumbsup:

FWIW:

Thanks for bringing down such a large crowd.. Hope our folks treated you guys ok.

As for the refs.. Hey the SOCON refs are terrible and everyone knows it. Contrary to the "home cookin" we saw several times tonight the SOCON ref's are generally equal opportunity abusers.. We don't like 'em either, but it's nice to be on the favorable "call" end of things once in a while.

Sorry the dumb calls put a damper on what seemed to be a good ball game otherwise. Our Eagles were so bad last weekend we didn't know what to expect, and for a GSU fan the improvement during the week was pretty amazing. Now if we just had a pass defense and a kicker we'd be on the right path to a reasonably good season.

Hope you all made the trip safely, and no players were injured in the game.

Come back now, ya hear?:thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

SoCon48
September 17th, 2006, 08:08 AM
38-21 gsu.

our coach went berzerk when gsu fumbled in mid air and we recovered and the refs said it was on the ground.:bang: :bang:

socon refs, socon tv. Hmmm:nono:

They'll get over it.

ButlerGSU
September 17th, 2006, 09:24 AM
7-7 6 minutes in first quarter.

gsu 75 yard run on first play. 4th and goal botched snap for FG then ghetto-balled a td out of it.

Long 80 yard drive for us. PERKILATOR scored TD from 1 yard out.

I think that FG was faked. Foster was the holder and normally he wouldn't have been. From my seats it looked like he was already getting up as the ball got to him. Either way, it worked.

aceinthehole
September 17th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Congrats GSU!

JDC325
September 17th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Congrats GSU!

Any chance for a rematch now?:p

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 17th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I couldn't see the fumble, but a lot of people I talked to said it was a bad call. Well...all I can say is finally we didn't get the short end of the bad call. At least it wasn't a game changer.

Give our offense some credit. They played their hearts out, broke tackles, and made great catches. Lewis' return to the offense made a big difference as well.

GaSouthern
September 17th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I did'nt see the play either, but if it was, it wasnt home cooking, weve been screwed by the ref's plenty in the past, this is honestly the first time its ever gone our way, it would not have made a difference in the outcome but could have made it look alot better and possibly sparked some motivation for your team and taken the lead. I wish there was nothing to debate because many GSU fans forgot what it was like to win after last weekend. I hope our fans were nice to yall and everyone had a good ride home.

GSU Eagle
September 17th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I don't know if I have ever seen an offense that looked so pathetic look so much better just 1 week later. It makes one wonder just how much the death of Erk the day before the first game affected the team. The truth is we are a running team and BVG would be very wise to capitalize on what we do best. Right now we are simply not a shotgun type offense.

We have the running backs and we just need the coaches to realize that our path to success this year is not the shotgun/30 passes a game type of attack.

The sun looks a little brighter this Sunday than it did last Sunday in Statesboro.

I am glad we played so much better but I am not sure just how good Coastal Carolina is. But I will take the win.

Seven Would Be Nice
September 17th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I think that FG was faked. Foster was the holder and normally he wouldn't have been. From my seats it looked like he was already getting up as the ball got to him. Either way, it worked.

i had a somewhat good angle on the play and from what i saw it was a very high snap, it looked like he hesitated, like he was about to put the ball down, and then realized that the line wouldnt hold that long and just ran with it. foster has been the fg holder this year. i couldnt belive that he was able to get that in.. it was close on the replay.

Seven Would Be Nice
September 17th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I don't know if I have ever seen an offense that looked so pathetic look so much better just 1 week later. It makes one wonder just how much the death of Erk the day before the first game affected the team. The truth is we are a running team and BVG would be very wise to capitalize on what we do best. Right now we are simply not a shotgun type offense.

We have the running backs and we just need the coaches to realize that our path to success this year is not the shotgun/30 passes a game type of attack.

i almost peed myself when we pitched the ball on the first play on the game and it went for 75 (?) yards! and seeing foster in for a few plays was kinda cool too.

we played much better this week and what was the major difference? we ran the ball alot more. and not just hand off to covington and hope he can do something with it. the team was playing better. you can tell they were much more comfortable running it, and then once the D started crouching the line.. we went to the air. i love it. such an improvement from last week.

Coastal89
September 17th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I couldn't see the fumble, but a lot of people I talked to said it was a bad call. Well...all I can say is finally we didn't get the short end of the bad call. At least it wasn't a game changer.

Give our offense some credit. They played their hearts out, broke tackles, and made great catches. Lewis' return to the offense made a big difference as well.
Tracy Hamm, CSS commentator, even talked about how terrible the officiating was last night. Y'all out played us in every phase of the game but the blown call on the fumble really took any monentum we had away.
Here's a screen capture of the play.

GaSouthern
September 17th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry the ref's caused controversy, no-one wants to win with any doubt about the win. I tell coastal fans one thing, Simpson is a great WR! I hope you guys win the bigsouth again, im glad that HUGE hit on the kick return didnt hurt that guy, I was scared he broke his neck but he got right up! And Katie, why didnt you dress out?

Blueandwhitefightfight
September 17th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Tracy Hamm, CSS commentator, even talked about how terrible the officiating was last night. Y'all out played us in every phase of the game but the blown call on the fumble really took any monentum we had away.
Here's a screen capture of the play.

Tracy was also our QB in '85 and '86 when we won our first two National Championships.

I got to meet him yesterday, really cool guy.

I have a question for the Coastal folks on here. How was the Southern Hospitality? I hope everything went great for you all, no problems or anything.

Amazing football game last night. When Foster lined up for the Triple Option, the student section went insane.

For a little recap of the game:

http://www.bullochheadlinenews.com/

gsugt1
September 17th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Jayson has been the holder all year.

Coastal-Effect
September 17th, 2006, 01:19 PM
it was a lady at the game last night with a coastal hat and shirt on and georgia earings & braclet on and told us she was a furman fan that was funny as hell.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :nod: :nod:

GSUhooligan
September 17th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Somebody saw a vehicle at one of the shell stations with UGa, Coastal, and App. St. stuff on it....:confused: xidiotx

CCUCheer
September 17th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry the ref's caused controversy, no-one wants to win with any doubt about the win. I tell coastal fans one thing, Simpson is a great WR! I hope you guys win the bigsouth again, im glad that HUGE hit on the kick return didnt hurt that guy, I was scared he broke his neck but he got right up! And Katie, why didnt you dress out?

Yeah I was glad he was okay too, scared me there... that was a HARD HIT! :eek: But anyways... I didn't dress out because I COACH the team now. haha I cheered my 4 years already and this year i'm assistant coaching... how come you didn't say hello to me. Too scared other GA Southern fans might beat u up for talkin to a Chanticleer? :rolleyes: hehe only playin. xoxo :p

CCUCheer
September 17th, 2006, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Blueandwhitefightfight]Tracy was also our QB in '85 and '86 when we won our first two National Championships.

I got to meet him yesterday, really cool guy.

I have a question for the Coastal folks on here. How was the Southern Hospitality? I hope everything went great for you all, no problems or anything.

Amazing football game last night. When Foster lined up for the Triple Option, the student section went insane.

Hey
Well umm... I gotta be honest here, it was a pretty rough game. The cheerleaders had stuff thrown at us.... they were screamin stuff to us the whole time, yelling and trying to mess up our flyers concentrations when they were in the air in a stunt. :nonono2: So, it was alright. I was kinda let down by the presumed "southern hospitality" but oh well... its football and with it comes rowdy drunk fans haha so I expected it. On the other hand... the staff at GSU was AMAZING!!! Super nice... the cheerleaders and coach at GSU were great and very hospitable as well as the security there, great people. It was fun, but i'll tell ya with that loss.... it was a long ride home. :bawling: xoxo
<3 Katie :rotateh:

Coastal-Effect
September 17th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I'm glad I didn't have to fill up on the way back home that gas is a killer in Statesboro 2.65 a gal it's 2.19 here in Columbia S.C

GSUhooligan
September 17th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I'm glad I didn't have to fill up on the way back home that gas is a killer in Statesboro 2.65 a gal it's 2.19 here in Columbia S.C
You went to the wrong station...while its no 2.19, many of the stations in the boro are in the low 2.30's

KJ Eagle
September 17th, 2006, 04:19 PM

No fake...Foster is the normal holder and has been in on every kick we have made (or missed:( )this year. The reason he was already coming up was that the snap was high.

CoastalFan2005
September 18th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Most of the GSU fans were pretty tame compared to the stories I was told about them. To add to what Katie said, I and some of my friends (we're in the marching band at CCU) stopped to talk to one of GSU's band's trumpet players, just to say hello and ask him about their halftime show. He sneered at us, said, "That's confidential," and turned around and walked away. Couldn't really have been more rude to us.

As for the issue of the refs...from where I was sitting, I counted about 10 GSU penalties that weren't called. After coming home and watching the video of the game, I spotted a couple more. The fumble on the one was a very ridiculously bad call, also. It didn't really boost the credibility of the refs in my eyes when they ran a marathon to get in their van & get the hell out of Paulson as soon as the clock hit zeroes.

I hear that GSU is confirmed to come to Conway in 2007 - hopefully most of you will make the trip!

September 18th, 2006, 02:47 AM
[QUOTE=Blueandwhitefightfight]... When Foster lined up for the Triple Option, the student section went insane...After talking with CVG this Spring I knew that was GOING TO HAPPEN. Keep it up Coach. Shock them all.

straightshooter
September 18th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Did you take the time to count the CCU penalties that weren't called as well? Your assessment of uncalled fouls was not the reason CCU lost the game. The refs have a much closer view of the game than you do from the stands. You will find that there are penalties on every play that aren't called. Are you going to suggest that the CCU O-line didn't hold during the game? Give it a rest and move on.

MarkCCU
September 18th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Congrats on the win GSU. I wish I were but was in Columbia. Congrats

GaSouthern
September 18th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah I was glad he was okay too, scared me there... that was a HARD HIT! :eek: But anyways... I didn't dress out because I COACH the team now. haha I cheered my 4 years already and this year i'm assistant coaching... how come you didn't say hello to me. Too scared other GA Southern fans might beat u up for talkin to a Chanticleer? :rolleyes: hehe only playin. xoxo :p

I didnt know you coach, the only picture I had seen was of you holding your leg up doing the "stunt"(?)
Also, my g/f would not be all that excited for me screaming out some girls name from Myrtle Beach and her having no idea how I knew your name.