PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State D-1 transfers include Minnesota QB

Redbirdz
August 15th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Jacksonville State may be the most underrated team in the FCS. They are looking for quick help from six new Div. I transfers including sophomore quarterback Max Shortell who transferred from Minnesota after starting six games for the Gophers last season.

The Gamecocks could get an impact from other transfers, too. They added five more newcomers from other programs, including former Mississippi defensive end Kameron Wood and ex-Alabama offensive lineman Caleb Gulledge. Former Auburn linebackers Chris Landrum and Harris Gaston and Arkansas State offensive lineman Michael Flint also transferred to Jacksonville State.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/15/3564573/jacksonville-state-aiming-high.html#storylink=cpy

Jazzman1522
August 15th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I hope Shortell's similar to the last FBS transfer quarterback you guys had, in that he will throw five interceptions the first time he plays against the Colonels. :D

Laker
August 15th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Jacksonville State may be the most underrated team in the FCS. They are looking for quick help from six new Div. I transfers including sophomore quarterback Max Shortell who transferred from Minnesota after starting six games for the Gophers last season.

Shortell was thrown into the breach last season after Marquise Gray went down. I was at that game. Gray never did become the player that he was supposed to be- injuries, constantly changing systems, Brewster as a coach, poor passer. Then Shortell was replaced by Nelson, the freshman from Mankato and the writing was on the wall. I hope that he does well for the Gamecocks.

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2013, 11:16 PM
LOL at Max Shortell. At least he looked a little better than Gray when they played the Bison in 2011. His pick six to Marcus Williams to seal the game was awesome.

bjtheflamesfan
August 16th, 2013, 06:34 AM
I'd hold up on anointing him as the savior of the Gamecocks. he could be very good, he could be very bad...same for the rest of the FBS transfers. I'd temper your expectations and let him line up and actually play a game before you even begin to speculate how good he can be...that's the attitude I tend to take with FBS transfers

Cocky
August 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM
He is not the starter at this time.
If he can play system ball with few errors he has a chance under the new staff.

dgtw
August 16th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I hope all the FBS transfers work out, but I hope Clark doesn't make a habit of relying too much on those who washed out at a higher level.

I'll be at the first game, excited about the new coach. I hope if ya'll are going, you got your tickets direct from JSU, since they had to buy 1,000 as part of the contract with ASU and have to eat what they don't sell.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Shortell was thrown into the breach last season after Marquise Gray went down. I was at that game. Gray never did become the player that he was supposed to be- injuries, constantly changing systems, Brewster as a coach, poor passer. Then Shortell was replaced by Nelson, the freshman from Mankato and the writing was on the wall. I hope that he does well for the Gamecocks.

IMO, Shortell was average at best.

Hope it works out for him.

344Johnson
August 17th, 2013, 11:52 AM
IMO, Shortell was average at best.

Hope it works out for him.

He was a true frosh the only time I saw him play(Bison game), seemed fine.