PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Reportedly Adds Oklahoma St to 2007 Slate

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Found this on the Rice message board where a Rice fan with ties to Rice confirmed this game and then we were able to get a pretty solid confirmation on this over at KatFans.com...

Rice who originally dropped a game at home against Oklahoma State for a game at Rice Stadium against SHSU has apparently been dropped itself by the Bearkats.

Apparently, the Bearkats are going to be heading to Stillwater, potentially led by Oklahoma transfer Rhett Bomar to take on the Cowboys. Talk about a media frenzy in Oklahoma!

Currently, the Kats have a home game against Missouri St to complete a four-year home and home deal (no word if Missouri St will give us a game for that Rita washed out game in 2005) on the schedule in addition to the reported Oklahoma St game in Stillwater.

LeopardFan04
September 15th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Intriguing...that's certainly a game with subplots abound...

MSUBear42
September 15th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Hopefully we will add on to our series, I love having you guys on our schedule.

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Hopefully we will add on to our series, I love having you guys on our schedule.

Your not the only one...

SHSU has definitely got some history with the Gateway having had several series against Western Illinois in the past (and a game in 2009!) and with you folks in Springfield. Also had that playoff game against Western Kentucky in 2004. Here's hoping for a continued relationshp with Missouri St, across all sports!

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I'm suprised we haven't done a home and home with SHS in recent years. We've had SFA, NW St, and McNeese in the last 10 years(plus Tx St in playoffs). I might even be missing some other teams from the Southland.

Freightliner
September 16th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I'm suprised we haven't done a home and home with SHS in recent years. We've had SFA, NW St, and McNeese in the last 10 years(plus Tx St in playoffs). I might even be missing some other teams from the Southland.

You had a home and home with us back in the 90's (Kurt Warner Era) along with the playoff game.

I'd like a chance to see the UNIdome again :)

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I forgot about the home and home. I was a youngin.

blackfordpu
September 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Found this on the Rice message board where a Rice fan with ties to Rice confirmed this game and then we were able to get a pretty solid confirmation on this over at KatFans.com...

Rice who originally dropped a game at home against Oklahoma State for a game at Rice Stadium against SHSU has apparently been dropped itself by the Bearkats.

Apparently, the Bearkats are going to be heading to Stillwater, potentially led by Oklahoma transfer Rhett Bomar to take on the Cowboys. Talk about a media frenzy in Oklahoma!

Currently, the Kats have a home game against Missouri St to complete a four-year home and home deal (no word if Missouri St will give us a game for that Rita washed out game in 2005) on the schedule in addition to the reported Oklahoma St game in Stillwater.

Man, we are really starting to challenge the big boys year in and year out. I wonder if there is another driving factor besides the paycheck?

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Man, we are really starting to challenge the big boys year in and year out. I wonder if there is another driving factor besides the paycheck?

I'm just happy we're staying in the region. Since playing Central Michigan, the Kats haven't played a foe outside of this region whether it was UTEP, Baylor, Houston, Texas, La-Monroe, La-Lafayette or soon, SMU and then OK State...

texcap
September 16th, 2006, 11:36 AM

No offense intended, but challenge may not be the right word. Play the big boys is more accurate. In the last three years or so you have been outscored by these teams by large margins (4 to 1 or so). Considering the opposition that is not bad, but it is still not what I would call challenging.

kats89
September 16th, 2006, 12:26 PM
The game this year should have been played in Huntsville since last year got cancelled due to Hurricane Rita and we played in Springfield in 2004.:twocents:

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2006, 12:28 PM
The game this year should have been played in Huntsville since last year got cancelled due to Hurricane Rita and we played in Springfield in 2004.:twocents:

Question I have is do we get a game in 2008 (or down the road) in Huntsville or did the weather throw out the second home game of the four-year deal?

kats89
September 16th, 2006, 12:37 PM
No offense intended, but challenge may not be the right word. Play the big boys is more accurate. In the last three years or so you have been outscored by these teams by large margins (4 to 1 or so). Considering the opposition that is not bad, but it is still not what I would call challenging.

The only games I recall we got blown out from start to finish was UTEP and Tx Tech... Other than that, we were in games until late when the depth issues take over and they ran away....

1997 Tx A&M..Trailed 10-6 at halftime
1999 Baylor...Led 13-0 in 3rd quarter
2005 Houston..Trailed 20-14 end of 3rd