PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Albany sold out

blukeys
September 15th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Article says 100 tickets left but they will be gone before game time.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060915/SPORTS/60915012

RadMann
September 15th, 2006, 01:39 PM
The streak continues......

bluehenbillk
September 15th, 2006, 01:40 PM
If you can sell out a game versus Albany, how can you argue against stadium expansion????:confused:

RadMann
September 15th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Definitely need a new stadium in my opinion...

89Hen
September 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM
If you can sell out a game versus Albany, how can you argue against stadium expansion????:confused:
Or for a game with Delaware State? :p

RadMann
September 15th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I don't have any more interest in a game with DSU than I do for a game with Albany. No disrespect for either program, that is just the way I feel. I would rather we play Lehigh, Lafayette, Temple, Rutgers, Navy and a few others as OOC opponents. Montana would be the best for programs not very close....

JoltinJoe
September 15th, 2006, 06:17 PM
I don't have any more interest in a game with DSU than I do for a game with Albany. No disrespect for either program, that is just the way I feel. I would rather we play Lehigh, Lafayette, Temple, Rutgers, Navy and a few others as OOC opponents. Montana would be the best for programs not very close....

Delaware is 1-4 all time vs. Fordham. Come on, put us down as an OOC opponent. I suspect that Delaware would level that record in no time but it would be a great OOC game for the Rams.

blukeys
September 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Delaware is 1-4 all time vs. Fordham. Come on, put us down as an OOC opponent. I suspect that Delaware would level that record in no time but it would be a great OOC game for the Rams.

I think a Fordham matchup would be great. We might just get some Big Apple ink!!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Seriously though some education of the UD fans would be necessary. The Clawson Years, the Sean Johnson connection and of course Fordham's great tradition.

However if you mentioned the "7 Blocks of Granite" to today's Delaware fans they would assume you were referring to the administration in our Athletic Department.:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

JoltinJoe
September 15th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Plus, you Blue Hens have a fair number of alumni in the city. Great opportunity for a NYC tailgate.

RadMann
September 15th, 2006, 07:57 PM
My list shows 4 all-time games versus Fordham 1902, 1904, 1905 and 1906 with UD winning in 1902. Wow, the 1905 game was a 4 - 0 Fordham win!! lol

Which year am I missing by the way?

I have nothing against a game with Fordham, I'm just not super familiar with them since they are not as local as the other programs I mentioned.

JoltinJoe
September 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
My list shows 4 all-time games versus Fordham 1902, 1904, 1905 and 1906 with UD winning in 1902. Wow, the 1905 game was a 4 - 0 Fordham win!! lol

Which year am I missing by the way?

I have nothing against a game with Fordham, I'm just not super familiar with them since they are not as local as the other programs I mentioned.

Our media guide also has a 1903 game.

So it's been 100 years. It would be great for our program to play a few games with Delaware.

CollegeObserver
September 15th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Uh, any game vs. Fordham would definitely be in Newark (DE). Unless, of course, Fordham pays some serious dollars. I don't think it's going to happen, but I'd enjoy the visit to NYC.

GannonFan
September 15th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Agreed, if UD and Fordham are to play, it will be a Lehigh-Holy Cross type agreement with all the games in Newark - it's a tough position, but it is what it is. I've been around Fordham before - if we played up there where could you fit everyone for tailgating anyway?

JoltinJoe
September 16th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Glad you asked. Maybe "old" Yankee Stadium. The city intends to leave the field at "old" Yankee Stadium in place along with a portion of the stadium structure. There has been some talk that the seating left should seat in the area of 15,000. The field is to be available for high school and college play.

Some of the Fordham faithful are hoping that this plan gets approved (large seating that is, as the field itself is definitely staying). We'd like to see some of our baseball games played there. Also, some of us think that offering "old" Yankee Stadium as a venue could help attract a quality OOC football opponent each year -- lured by the opportunity to play on an historic field. Also, there will be quality hotel and other facilities right in proximity, as there is a widescale plan to develop the area in conjunction with the new stadium.

Pie in the sky right now ... but just maybe. But wouldn't some of you Blue Hens be excited by the prospect of playing at historic Yankee Stadium?

YoUDeeMan
September 16th, 2006, 09:24 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060916/SPORTS07/609160352/1002/SPORTS

Go Blue Hens!

JoltinJoe
September 16th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Agreed, if UD and Fordham are to play, it will be a Lehigh-Holy Cross type agreement with all the games in Newark - it's a tough position, but it is what it is. I've been around Fordham before - if we played up there where could you fit everyone for tailgating anyway?

That's probably right. Our stadium seats just 7000 and our best tailgating location will be gone soon as the new Science Center is going to be built on that site.

Still, even if it means two games at Delaware, I'd still like to see a Fordham-Delaware game.