PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay/Samford

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Scoreless late in the 1st...

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 07:40 PM
still scoreless 13:35 to go in the half...

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Samford gets a FG, up 3-0, under 6 to go in the 2nd qtr...

Maroons
September 14th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Many have heralded Samford as the "Darkhorse" in the OVC... the team that will make the conference race interesting.

This has not been an impressive showing so far.

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Tied at 3, late 2nd qtr.

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Not much offense in the world of I-AA tonight...

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
3-3 at the half

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2006, 08:30 PM
:boring: :boring: :boring: :boring:

Do people really give a rat's patoot about this game??

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
12:28 4th

10-10

JaxSinfonian
September 14th, 2006, 09:12 PM

Yes. I'm always interested in what's Samford's up to (or down to), and I'm very curious to see how Austin Peay performs in the transition back to the OVC. I'd call this a very interesting match so far.

I suppose we'd all be following a Harvard game right now, but the Crimson aren't playing yet, are they?

At least these teams will play others from beyond their own conferences and (in theory) can compete for a spot in the playoffs. That's enough to interest me.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM
17-10 Samford

1:41 4th

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 09:25 PM

True I-AA fans keep tabs on ALL I-AA games. Does an Ivy League team have to be playing for it to be interersting?

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 09:27 PM
17-10 Samford

1:41 4th
Not the most impressive of nights for the OVC bottom feeders. Looks like a three-horse race in the conference between Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky and Eastern Illinois.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Samford wins 17-10

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2006, 09:51 PM
True I-AA fans keep tabs on ALL I-AA games. Does an Ivy League team have to be playing for it to be interersting?

You can take this "true I-AA" stuff just so far, Mr. C. No, an Ivy team doesn't have to be playing for me to be interested. But channel-flipping on a Thursday night, just to get to "gee, Marge, it's Austin Peay vs. Samford!! Get me a brewski"! Give me West Virginia vs. Maryland, thank you very much. The inverse snobbery of your post disappoints me.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 09:58 PM
You can take this "true I-AA" stuff just so far, Mr. C. No, an Ivy team doesn't have to be playing for me to be interested. But channel-flipping on a Thursday night, just to get to "gee, Marge, it's Austin Peay vs. Samford!! Get me a brewski"! Give me West Virginia vs. Maryland, thank you very much. The inverse snobbery of your post disappoints me.

WVU v. Maryland was a blowout in the first quarter

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Inverse snobbery? I don't know about you, but a lot of us were watching Tennessee Tech take on Middle Tennessee State tonight. There are a lot of people on this board that will even put aside rivalries to root for a I-AA team to beat a I-A squad. And AppGuy04 was right. West Virginia-Maryland was a lousy game early.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Inverse snobbery? I don't know about you, but a lot of us were watching Tennessee Tech take on Middle Tennessee State tonight. There are a lot of people on this board that will even put aside rivalries to root for a I-AA team to beat a I-A squad. And AppGuy04 was right. West Virginia-Maryland was a lousy game early.

Mr. C, quiy playing the injured innocent. Bad football is bad football. Tennessee Tech-MTSU was a blowout, too: 44-0. I enjoy seeing a I-AA squad beat a I-A team as much as you do. And I will agree that Temple-Buffalo (two execrable I-A teams) has as little appeal as two crappy I-AA teams squaring off. Dartmouth-Columbia? Wouldn't pay to see it, Ivy or not.That was my point. Sorry you missed it.

JaxSinfonian
September 14th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Wouldn't pay to see it, Ivy or not.That was my point. Sorry you missed it.

You didn't say it was awful to begin with, you asked if anyone cared. Lousy play or not, yes, I was interested in the outcome, as were many others. My question is: why go to the trouble to post about game you don't care about?

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Mr. C, quiy playing the injured innocent. Bad football is bad football. Tennessee Tech-MTSU was a blowout, too: 44-0. I enjoy seeing a I-AA squad beat a I-A team as much as you do. And I will agree that Temple-Buffalo (two execrable I-A teams) has as little appeal as two crappy I-AA teams squaring off. Dartmouth-Columbia? Wouldn't pay to see it, Ivy or not.That was my point. Sorry you missed it.
Didn't say anything about being an "injured party." You were the one who implied you were bored by the Austin Peay-Samford talk. Bad football or not, it is I-AA football and I will watch a I-AA game over I-A anytime. If that makes me an inverse snob, I guess I'm an inverse snob. The Tennessee Tech-MTSU game was a 3-0 contest at the half and still had plenty of suspense left. The West Virginia game was basically over after the first quarter. And yes, if Dartmouth-Columbia were on satellite TV, I would tape it and watch it.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 10:39 PM
You didn't say it was awful to begin with, you asked if anyone cared. Lousy play or not, yes, I was interested in the outcome, as were many others. My question is: why go to the trouble to post about game you don't care about?
My point exactly.

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM
My question is: why go to the trouble to post about game you don't care about?

LOL...I was just about to ask the same thing...Ivy, if you don't care, why take the time to post.

If you look at both the TTU/MT and APSU/Samford threads...almost all the posts are from people in the South that do have an interest. (all 4 teams are within 3 hours or less to Chattanooga...so, yeah, I was interested)

Mainly, I was interested in the TTU game to see how they would do in comparison to when Chattanooga played them two weeks ago (it was a 3-0 game at the half!).

I was also interested in APSU because it is there first year in transferring back to scholarship football and wanted to see how they would perform against on their (soon to be again in football) conference mates.

But hey, I can completely understand why it would be of no interest to you...but conversely, I couldn't give a flip about WVU/Maryland.

DetroitFlyer
September 15th, 2006, 10:00 AM
OK, Austin Peay plays at Dayton next weekend. In the past, this was a total snoozer of a game, with Dayton winning easily. Dayton has struggled in its first two games against Robert Morris and Wittenberg while Austin Peay comes in at 1-2. Last night's effort, a 7 point loss to a fully funded team, on the road, makes me think this is a vastly improved Austin Peay team. As I understand it, they are at about 30 scholarships or so this season. So, what are your predictions for the Dayton / Austin Peay game? I'll start, I think Dayton wins but MUCH closer than recent games. Dayton 28 Austin Peay 21.