PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Princeton preview

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2006, 12:21 AM
What the he*l am I doing up so late?

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Nice writeup...I guess the reason I'm up so late is that I can read the Lehigh/Princeton preview! You make a very compelling point about sleepwalking through the first half last year...wish we'd won that one...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2006, 12:46 AM
I read the Princeton's game notes on their website and they are young for the most part. They're replacing all five OL from last year and they are small. Royce Morgan and Co. should be able to eat them alive. Princeton was picked 6th in the Ivy League and after studying their game notes nothing really stands out about them. If we win by only a TD i think it shows Lehigh simply is not very good. I'm thinking more 34-17. A good Lehigh team does not beat a 6th place Ivy League team by a TD IMO.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I stand by my prediction. Funny - after we lose to a NEC team we've got one foot in the crapsville bar; now, after beating Villanova, we're beating Princeton by more than a TD. :confused: Go figure.

LUHawker
September 14th, 2006, 09:24 AM
I stand by my prediction. Funny - after we lose to a NEC team we've got one foot in the crapsville bar; now, after beating Villanova, we're beating Princeton by more than a TD. :confused: Go figure.

I'm giving Coen and the team a 'Mulligan' for the first game. A one-game win does not demonstrate any kind of consistency, particularly with many mistakes against VU, but I think Lehigh has to have more of an advantage having played two games. I think Lehigh should win this by 10 or more. Villanova is better than the Tigers and I agree that it may not be as easy as some would like, but I think the final score may not reflect that.

Lehigh 35
Princeton 18

ngineer
September 14th, 2006, 12:20 PM
My prediction is similar. We should win by 2-3 scores. I'm looking for good consistency on both sides of the ball --FROM THE BEGINNING. Last week's second half was great. But we need to come out and grab the game by the throat and intimidate a young team in our house.:nod:

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
My prediction is similar. We should win by 2-3 scores. I'm looking for good consistency on both sides of the ball --FROM THE BEGINNING. Last week's second half was great. But we need to come out and grab the game by the throat and intimidate a young team in our house.:nod:

I'm a firm believer a football game is won in the trenches. A team playing their first game of the season with an entirely new OL will have trouble, i don't care who your OL coach is. Fabre is expected to return, see the Mcall article today, which means the DL will back to full strength for the first time this week. Morgan, Rakus, Fabre, Bode and others should be able to control the line of scrimage and make life misserable for the Tiger's QB and RB. On offensive you're correct, Lehigh just needs more consistency. Fewer dropped passes and putting points on the board, even FG's, when you get inside the redzone. Lehigh needs to re-establish its' dominance at home. In the past teams simply did not come into Goodman and win. Lately, Lehigh has been just a little over .500 at home which isn't good enough. Last week was a season saver IMO. This week is a statement game. When you get a team picked to finish in the bottom half of their league with a lot of new faces playing their first game of the year you pound them, especially at home. A decisive win here will get people to start to take the Hawks seriously again and set up a huge clash with Harvard after the bye week. A close game IMO will show Lehigh is nothing better than a middle of the pack PL that will struggle to win 6 games. If Lehigh can't beat Princeton by more than 10 i don't see them beating Harvard, Yale, Colgate, and Lafayette.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2006, 11:57 AM
My Friday Water cooler is up. Should be a great afternnon for football tomorrow in the Lehigh Valley if you can make it.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

I'll be at Fordham/Columbia watching an old-fashioned grudge match. Go Lehigh!

Ivytalk
September 15th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Down with the Tiggers!:D

ngineer
September 15th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Weather forecast looking more promising. Earlier, it looked like light rain at game time, but the front is leaving earlier, so we should have sunshine by noon and temps in mid 70's. Players quoted in both the Express-Times and Morning Call sound pretty focused about coming out and reclaiming the homefield.:nod:

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Weather forecast looking more promising. Earlier, it looked like light rain at game time, but the front is leaving earlier, so we should have sunshine by noon and temps in mid 70's. Players quoted in both the Express-Times and Morning Call sound pretty focused about coming out and reclaiming the homefield.:nod:

Well it's about 1:30 am here in Scranton and it continues to pour. This weather is rediculous. It's been raining nearly non-stop here for 72 hours. I just checked the hour by hour forcast for the Lehigh Valley tomorrow on weather.com and it looks "ehh" at best. Right now they're calling for cloudy and rain showers lingering til 4 or 5 pm. Is it too much to ask for a "decent" day?!? I just hope the weather doesn't affect the game because i can't take another mud bowl. Either way i think it's time for Lehigh to seriously consider field turf if they're not already. I was hoping for 12-13k tomorrow, i think 7k-8k is more realistic.

ngineer
September 16th, 2006, 09:48 AM
It's 10:45 a.m. and I've been checking the radar--showers just ended in Saucon Valley (where the stadium is) and I don't seen any more showers in the 'pattern'. However, it is a weird northeastern spin to the percipitation, so possibly more could come in later from the ocean; however, the 'experts' were calling for showers to end this morning with sun in the afternoon. High of 75. So I'm banking on the rain being over and won't take my rainsuit to force the issue...: smash :