PDA

View Full Version : Humor: Erik Meyer

youwouldno
June 9th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Meyer was drafted by the San Francisco Giants as a RHP, though EWU doesn't so much as have a baseball team... he played in HS I imagine. This is actually the 2nd year in a row; this time in the 30th round, in 2004 the 37th round. There are 50 rounds in the draft, though teams can pass and thus end their draft whenever they choose.

Few players are drafted that literally have not played in years. Kind of strange, but when I saw it I got a chuckle. The only thing that confuses me is that Meyer must have submitted paperwork to be drafted in the first place, which I guess doesn't have a downside but still is curious.

eagle1
June 9th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Erik was an outstanding pitcher in HS and I think was first drafted his senior year in HS. However, he really wanted to play college football and EWU was one of his only DI options. We are sure glad that he didn't choose to go play baseball right out of HS. He plans to give baseball a try again if he doesn't play football beyond college. I am not quite sure what the humor is in this but whatever. High school and college football players get drafted in the MLB draft quite often. Go Eagles!!!

youwouldno
June 9th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Just being a I-AA fan and seeing his name pop up there.

Not many players succeed after a long absence from the game, though, so Meyer probably will have a better shot with the NFL.

Grizo406
June 10th, 2005, 01:00 AM
It would be nice for us if he signed before football season started. ;)