PDA

View Full Version : Good News for GSU (not Grambling)

bobbythekidd
September 13th, 2006, 09:40 PM
We enter week three still undefeated by our conference foes in our quest for our ninth conference championship and our seventh National Championship! Our team has learned just how brutal college practice can be in the 'boro! More 4.4 speed is playing this week! BVG knows what is expected and has worked harder than ever to make it happen.
And Erk came back to the program.
GO EAGLES! GATA, one more time!
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Every black cloud.....

ButlerGSU
September 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I hope you are right but I have a feeling this team needs more time.

youwouldno
September 13th, 2006, 11:00 PM
That 4.4 speed really did a number on CCSU.

bobbythekidd
September 13th, 2006, 11:09 PM
From what I have read, not all the speed players were in the mix. All is not great, but all is going to be better. It must.

Every black cloud...

bobbythekidd
September 13th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Pound for pound we have more talent and speed that any other team. We have a BAD case of the wants. What more do we need? We all know "runts" try harder.
I have my own predictions, but to quote Joseph, "I beleive!"
See ya Saturday! Look for me, I will be the the loudest one!
Go Eagles, Erk's Eagles. MY FRIGGIN' EAGELS, win or draw!

ASU Kep
September 13th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Pound for pound we have more talent and speed that any other team. We have a BAD case of the wants. What more do we need? We all know "runts" try harder.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: xidiotx

Blueandwhitefightfight
September 13th, 2006, 11:42 PM

Yea because one was on the sidelines with a pulled groin, another was injured during the game.

I am talking about our 4-star RB transfer from Florida St., Lamar Lewis. And our B.A. ex-QB turned Wide Reciever, Jayson Foster.

youwouldno
September 13th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Quite honestly, a decent team shouldn't need anyone with 4.4 speed to beat CCSU at home. I doubt CCSU has many players running under 4.6.

seantaylor
September 14th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Let's not forget the best linebacker in the country was suspended. Mohring has 4.5 speed.

blur2005
September 14th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Well, if Georgia Southern has "pound for pound...more talent and speed that any other team," there's no reason why CCSU should've beaten them. I'm just guessing but I don't believe that statement is accurate.

eaglesrthe1
September 14th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Yea because one was on the sidelines with a pulled groin, another was injured during the game.

I am talking about our 4-star RB transfer from Florida St., Lamar Lewis. And our B.A. ex-QB turned Wide Reciever, Jayson Foster.

I think that the 4 star was beat out by Mr. Covington. After his performance last Saturday, I think that the correct choice was made on that issue.

bobbythekidd
September 14th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Well, if Georgia Southern has "pound for pound...more talent and speed that any other team," there's no reason why CCSU should've beaten them. I'm just guessing but I don't believe that statement is accurate.

Ok, I did not pull out the rosters of all the teams and rate each player on all the skill sets needed to play, then add them, then divide it by the cumulitive weight of the respective team. I'll leave that up to people with more time, or a coach.
My point was we have more talent than ever. If we get the right play, to the right player, at the right time, we can still make things happen.
We have had so much bad news thrown at us in such a short period of time, I want to rally the troops. Give a man a little elbow room.
I want to remain optomistic.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Ok, I did not pull out the rosters of all the teams and rate each player on all the skill sets needed to play, then add them, then divide it by the cumulitive weight of the respective team. I'll leave that up to people with more time, or a coach.
My point was we have more talent than ever. If we get the right play, to the right player, at the right time, we can still make things happen.
We have had so much bad news thrown at us in such a short period of time, I want to rally the troops. Give a man a little elbow room.
I want to remain optomistic.

You have talent, yes, that has always been the case. But pound for pound means nothing if they can't run the offense.

ButlerGSU
September 14th, 2006, 10:24 AM
You have talent, yes, that has always been the case. But pound for pound means nothing if they can't run the offense.

Exactly, installing a new offense is not like installing software. It is going to take time and GSU fans need to realize that.

Eaglegus2
September 14th, 2006, 10:28 AM

Lordy mercy...........bobby done got delirious on us.:nod: xlolx xlolx

Hopefully, the players caught smoking pot hasn't passed their stash to you.;)

mlbowl
September 14th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I think that the 4 star was beat out by Mr. Covington.

That kid was impressive......unfortunately, he couldn't carry the ball 80 times.

OL FU
September 14th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Lordy mercy...........bobby done got delirious on us.:nod: xlolx xlolx

Hopefully, the players caught smoking pot hasn't passed their stash to you.;)

What is happening with that issue?
Players suspended?

flexbone
September 14th, 2006, 10:37 AM
...Or even better beat a team like Central Conn with all of their 20 scholarshipped players!!!!
We will rebound but last week was beyond all I could imagine. TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Eaglegus2
September 14th, 2006, 10:37 AM
What is happening with that issue?
Players suspended?

Nope!!!!

They will play this week.

BVG wants to see the evidence & police report.

You know.....innocent until proven guilty.:smiley_wi :D

flexbone
September 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I believe it is CVG trying to Cover His Arse..........
CVG "We can't suspend 'em....I've just been outcoached and my tail is on the line"

walliver
September 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM
If we get the right play, to the right player, at the right time, we can still make things happen.

Doesn't that apply to just about every team?

bobbythekidd
September 14th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Doesn't that apply to just about every team?
Yes, Walliver, that applies to every team. My point is that we have great players are on the feild, it is up to the coaching staff to make it a great team.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Yes, Walliver, that applies to every team. My point is that we have great players are on the feild, it is up to the coaching staff to make it a great team.

See, that is a crock. The players play the game, not the coaches. The coaches can scout, play call, etc to give them an advantage, but the players have to execute

OL FU
September 14th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Nope!!!!

They will play this week.

BVG wants to see the evidence & police report.

You know.....innocent until proven guilty.:smiley_wi :D

That's interesting. :eyebrow:

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I have to disagree. I am from the old school of football ideology that says coaching and preparation wins over size and speed. I've watched enough Georgia High School football to know that you can have the biggest and fastest guys in the country and still not amount to a hill of beans on a football field.

blukeys
September 14th, 2006, 06:28 PM

One thing I have noticed about GSU is that while they are very talented they are not any more talented than the better I-AA teams. GSU fans spend a lot of time talking about 40 times but the 2002 GSU team I saw in Newark was not the fastest team on that field and was not the overall fastest opponent I saw that year. They had very fast players in the skill positions on offense and their offensive linemen could move but their defensive players were unimpressive and their secondary with the exception of one player would not have started on the better A-10 teams.

Right now everybody is recruiting excellent talent and it is pretty good across the nation. I don't see GSU as having a talent advantage over top 20 teams nationally.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I have to disagree. I am from the old school of football ideology that says coaching and preparation wins over size and speed. I've watched enough Georgia High School football to know that you can have the biggest and fastest guys in the country and still not amount to a hill of beans on a football field.

good coaching helps with preperation, but the players have to execute