PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Score GSU vs. CCU

GaSouthern
September 13th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I refuse to pick against my team so I will not make a prediction.
Anyone wanna have a go? :read: :thumbsup:

Hansel
September 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM
GSU by 21

psc2445
September 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM
gsu 24
ccu 16

youwouldno
September 13th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Vegas has GSU by 10. I won't touch that game, but if I did... I'd go with CCU. I think GSU wins narrowly.

The Cats
September 13th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I refuse to pick against my team so I will not make a prediction.
Anyone wanna have a go? :read: :thumbsup:

If the GSU football team is as ticked off as the GSU fans, I would not want to be CCU going into Statesboro.

GSU --> :anim_chai <--CCU

soweagle
September 13th, 2006, 08:30 PM
CCU-1
GSU-0

PaladinFan
September 13th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Rarely does a team run on all cylinders their first game. Coastal didn't and I don't think GSU did.

If GSU's defense comes to play, the crowd gets into it, Covington gets 20 carries, and Foster sees more than an occassional thought, then I think GSU wins.

The Eagles have to get the ball to Foster in space. He is the play maker and the star of that team.

GSU 20-13

bobbythekidd
September 13th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Rarely does a team run on all cylinders their first game. Coastal didn't and I don't think GSU did.

If GSU's defense comes to play, the crowd gets into it, Covington gets 20 carries, and Foster sees more than an occassional thought, then I think GSU wins.

The Eagles have to get the ball to Foster in space. He is the play maker and the star of that team.

GSU 20-13

I like the way you think. With the exception of crowd expectations it is all true.

GSU 20-9. We beat the spread and noone will be happy.

WUTNDITWAA
September 13th, 2006, 09:49 PM
30-3 GSU. :D

GaSouthern
September 13th, 2006, 09:51 PM
30-3 GSU. :D

hmmmm, that score sounds familiar :nonono2: xlolx

Coastal89
September 13th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I don't predict scores but I know Van Gorder better have a U-haul reserved for Sunday.

GaSouthern
September 13th, 2006, 09:54 PM
its funny cause on the GSU forum (TSC, where all hell has taketh over) they are picking CCU, on the CCU forum they are picking CCU by a slight margin, but on AGS everyone is picking GSU for the most part.

CCUCheer
September 13th, 2006, 10:17 PM
If the GSU football team is as ticked off as the GSU fans, I would not want to be CCU going into Statesboro.

Ughhh now i'm NERVOUS to go! lol I hate evil fans. I remember going to a few away games (No names here... lol) And their fans threw things at us and were just horrible. :mad: This was a few years back not really recent. I just want a good game... no blow out like App State did to us last year. (still have nightmares about it):nonono2: So GSU Fans BE NICE TO US!!! Especially the cheerleaders and coaches ;) We are only taking 1/2 our squad... if that. Can't wait for the game. Ummm I want to say Coastal will win but if I really had to guess... i'm thinking GSU 27-CCU 17 (But i'm hoping that is not it). GO CHANTS!!!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

SO ILLmatic
September 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM
27 - 14 GSU

ButlerGSU
September 13th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I hope you all are right but this board picked us against CCSU as well. I just think this team needs more time, hope I'm wrong though.

SouthernEagle02
September 13th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Recent events of the past 24 hours have forced me to rethink. I orignally had the spread at 12 points going either way really. Now I'm thinking the spread will be no more than 10. I want GS to win, but like I said it could go either. At any rate, I'm going to say this will be a defensive game. 21-17 GS

GSU Just One More Time
September 13th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Hello everyone, I Just learned of this site and what a great Idea.
As much as I hate to say it after last week I don't know if we can score. We maybe in for one of the worse season I have ever seen. However, I believe in What BVG is doing. Long term it will make GSU better. I hope we win big but I think after saturday we could be 0-2. No matter what I will be there chearing my eagles on.

GSU Just One More Time
September 13th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Just realized we get John back.With the return of our leader on D. We get a lot better on that side of the ball. BVG get's his 1st win and it comes from a late score on D.

eaglesrthe1
September 13th, 2006, 11:19 PM
its funny cause on the GSU forum (TSC, where all hell has taketh over) they are picking CCU, on the CCU forum they are picking CCU by a slight margin, but on AGS everyone is picking GSU for the most part.

That's because one forum is being optimistic, while another is being pessimistic, and the third is being realistic. I'm going with the guys who have no dog in the fight.

ASU Kep
September 13th, 2006, 11:40 PM
1st Q: GSU - 3 CCU - 10
2nd Q: GSU - 6 CCU - 17
3rd Q: GSU 13 CCU - 20
4th Q: GSU 23 CCU 20.

This one's gonna be close. I see GSU coming from behind, with BVG's defense coming alive in the 2nd half and shuttin em' down.

Take it to the bank. :rolleyes: :confused: :nod:

Keeper
September 14th, 2006, 02:16 AM
I'm with ASU Kep.
maybe GSU 23, CCU 21.

OL FU
September 14th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Until last week I would have picked GSU by two scores (maybe three). GSU may turn it around after last week but even against an improving and good CCSU team, last week was terrible.

I am picking Coastal in a close one.

24-21

straightshooter
September 14th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Foster said in a interview that he suffered a slight shoulder separation on the opening kickoff of the CCSU game. That really limited his touches. Look for him to be more involved this week.

GSU can win if they throw the ball down the field occasionally instead of the short stuff like in the first game. The GSU WR all have great speed. The top five all run between 4.34 and 4.45, so you've got to test the secondary from time to time with that kind of speed.

I'm not much at predicting scores, since there are too many variables in the college game. But GSU is under the gun and they know it. I expect that the coaches have identified the first game problems and they are working them out this week in practice.

It's too bad that CCU won't get to face the GSU TO on Saturday's dry field. That would have been something to see...

GSU 27
CCU 21

bodoyle
September 14th, 2006, 08:07 AM

Yea whats up with that site? Ever since Saturday night all hell has broken loose.

Eaglegus2
September 14th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Yea whats up with that site? Ever since Saturday night all hell has broken loose.

Chicken Little!!!!!!!!!

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2006, 08:31 AM

Whenever GSU loses, the sky begins to fall. They are under the impression that they should, and will, win every game they play, especially if it is at home. They have, to some extent, earned the right to think that way. If they lose, it isn't because the other team was better, it is often because the coaching staff blew it, or so and so didn't play well. It is never the other team's fault they lose. After last season's 2nd half meltdown against Texas State, it was almost comical to read that forum.

Last year when they lost to Mcneese and Wofford, the program was getting run into the ground, fire the coach, what happened to dominance, yadda yadda yadda. Give them one win and they will be singing praises. They are probably the most fickle fans I have ever run across.

:)

All that aside, this is a big game for both teams. Coastal didn't help their playoff chances by losing to Elon, and with Furman and SCSU still on the docket, they need to beat GSU. Southern, if for no other reason than to appease the fans, needs to win this game. Their schedule doesn't get any easier with trips to Cullowhee and Greenville as well as a visit from the defending champs.

Like I said in an earlier post. If GSU distributes the ball around (essential in that offense) and gets the ball to Jayson Foster with room to run, they should win. Coastal let Elon put up 23 and Wofford 38, two schools that are, without a doubt, focused on defensive football.

Either way, y'all just pound on each other. Soften you up for your games with Furman later on. :smiley_wi

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2006, 08:32 AM
1st Q: GSU - 3 CCU - 10
2nd Q: GSU - 6 CCU - 17
3rd Q: GSU 13 CCU - 20
4th Q: GSU 23 CCU 20.

This one's gonna be close. I see GSU coming from behind, with BVG's defense coming alive in the 2nd half and shuttin em' down.

Take it to the bank. :rolleyes: :confused: :nod:

GSU has no kicking game to speak of. No way the get 2 FGs early.

My guess:

GSU - 20 (3 TDs, 1 missed PAT)
CCU - 17 (2 TD and a FG)

OL FU
September 14th, 2006, 08:41 AM
This may be the one time that I understand GSU fans reaction.

I understand what they are doing for the future ( not saying whether I agree or not cuz it doesn't really matter) but for the present, if they run the option there is 99% chance they win that game.

I don't see their offense from last year only scoring 13 points against CCSU.

PantherRob82
September 14th, 2006, 08:45 AM
21-17 GSU

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 08:46 AM
CCU- 21
GSU- 17

flexbone
September 14th, 2006, 09:11 AM
The AGS board is alot more positive then the TSC board.
I'll be at the game and am HOPING we can just put up a W. I don't care what the score is. If u had asked me before Cen Con I would have said GSU by 2 or 3 TD's.

walliver
September 14th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Before the season started, I would have picked GSU by 28.

Now, I expect Coastal to score 24 points. On the other hand, I have no idea how many points GSU will put up (Anywhere from 10 to 42).

My guess is the Van Gorder, coming from the NFL, has a more NFL-type attitude. I.e., play the first few games like preseason games, worry more about getting the kinks worked out than winning, and then getting serious when conference play starts. If that is the case, Coastal could come out with a <7 point win.

We can't forget that the main reason for Georgia Southern's long-term success was not the triple option, but the schools ability to recruit many I-A level athletes. If Van Gorder is willing to put in a little option and run less of the new offense, GSU wins by at least 14.

My prediction: Van Gorder is playing for long-term success and CCU wins by 3.

GaSouthern
September 14th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I think this will be a nail biter

blukeys
September 14th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I think this will be a nail biter

I agree and I think it will also at times be an ugly game. The dog that wants the bone the most will win. I think CCU pulls this out. I don't trust the GSU defense.

Baldy
September 14th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Whenever GSU loses, the sky begins to fall. They are under the impression that they should, and will, win every game they play, especially if it is at home. They have, to some extent, earned the right to think that way. If they lose, it isn't because the other team was better, it is often because the coaching staff blew it, or so and so didn't play well. It is never the other team's fault they lose. After last season's 2nd half meltdown against Texas State, it was almost comical to read that forum.

Last year when they lost to Mcneese and Wofford, the program was getting run into the ground, fire the coach, what happened to dominance, yadda yadda yadda. Give them one win and they will be singing praises. They are probably the most fickle fans I have ever run across.
After reading all the drivel this week, saying our fans are "fickle" is being too nice. STUPID is more accurate. :bang:

Sam Adams
September 14th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I can't imagine practices have been a lot of fun in statesboro this week. If Coastal weathers the initial storm and gets a lead in this one or if GSU makes stupid plays - Katie bar the door. However I expect GSU to come out smoking mad and ready to tear it up. Eagles by 2 TDs.

blukeys
September 14th, 2006, 06:12 PM
After reading all the drivel this week, saying our fans are "fickle" is being too nice. STUPID is more accurate. :bang:

I think GSU fans have yet to wake up to the fact that there are a ton of quality I-AA programs out there. Many programs have emulated the GSU program especially in recruiting and the results have showed.

I remember in '04, Many Hen and A-10 fans warning GSU about New Hampshire and how dangerous they were. I went to the GSU board after the UNH loss and was amazed at how angry and ill informed they were. They truly thought that they had lost to an inferior team when in fact most of us felt UNH was a very difficult and quality opponent.

GSU may get it together under VanGorder but this is 2006 and not 1986. The quality of the opposition across the board has changed. GSU fans are going to be very miserable if they think they can dominate I-AA as they did 20 years ago.

SoCon48
September 14th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I agree and I think it will also at times be an ugly game. The dog that wants the bone the most will win. I think CCU pulls this out. I don't trust the GSU defense.

I don't trust the GSU defense

Not with Thigpen's finger on the trigger, at any rate. He could pop 4 on GSU. :eek:

ButlerGSU
September 14th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I don't trust the GSU defense

Not with Thigpen's finger on the trigger, at any rate. He could pop 4 on GSU. :eek:

No doubt about that.

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I think GSU fans have yet to wake up to the fact that there are a ton of quality I-AA programs out there. Many programs have emulated the GSU program especially in recruiting and the results have showed.

I remember in '04, Many Hen and A-10 fans warning GSU about New Hampshire and how dangerous they were. I went to the GSU board after the UNH loss and was amazed at how angry and ill informed they were. They truly thought that they had lost to an inferior team when in fact most of us felt UNH was a very difficult and quality opponent.

GSU may get it together under VanGorder but this is 2006 and not 1986. The quality of the opposition across the board has changed. GSU fans are going to be very miserable if they think they can dominate I-AA as they did 20 years ago.

I believe the UNH game was the one blamed on the weather.

In the eyes of many Georgians (myself included) no team from New England should be able to come down and beat southerner's at what we might consider, "our game." Most certainly not on our turf. New England can dominate basketball, badmittion, and water polo for all we care. It is embarrassing to southerners when a team not from the south bests us in what most of us grow up playing.

I think much of the disgust of losing last week was not necessairly that they didn't play well, but that they lost to a team from Connecticut. Not that New Hampshire and Connecticut can't field quality football, just not the quality of that in Georgia. I mean, Connecticut is where Martha Stewart lives (and I will continue to submit that Paula Dean could whip her butt in a cage match).

no offense intended to you yanks. Just understand that losing to a team from New England is about as disheartening as it gets for a true football fan from Georgia. I like watching GSU lose just as much as the next guy, but I feel for 'em. That's like throwing salt in the wound.

Baldy
September 15th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I believe the UNH game was the one blamed on the weather.

In the eyes of many Georgians (myself included) no team from New England should be able to come down and beat southerner's at what we might consider, "our game." Most certainly not on our turf. New England can dominate basketball, badmittion, and water polo for all we care. It is embarrassing to southerners when a team not from the south bests us in what most of us grow up playing.

I think much of the disgust of losing last week was not necessairly that they didn't play well, but that they lost to a team from Connecticut. Not that New Hampshire and Connecticut can't field quality football, just not the quality of that in Georgia. I mean, Connecticut is where Martha Stewart lives (and I will continue to submit that Paula Dean could whip her butt in a cage match).

no offense intended to you yanks. Just understand that losing to a team from New England is about as disheartening as it gets for a true football fan from Georgia. I like watching GSU lose just as much as the next guy, but I feel for 'em. That's like throwing salt in the wound.

CCSU was much better I expected, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Most of the fustration is that we got beat by a team who just started giving out schollies. It was painful to watch a team with championship caliber talent shoot themselves in the foot series after series after series....turnovers, penalties, kicking game, clock mismanagement, not finishing drives, etc. It's my opinion that we pretty much dominated, physically. Our O-Line was blowing holes big enough for Capt'n Cat to run through. ;) , but we just couldn't finish drives. We couldn't take advantage of the few mistakes they made, but they made us look silly after our mistakes.

IMO, everything we need to win is there, it's just gonna take some time for it all to come together.

The Gadfly
September 15th, 2006, 12:53 AM
We're back to CCU Football THANK GOD! If Thig plays like he did against Wofford, I will be attacking every bar in Savannah for post-game razzle dazzle.

But I have to say that we're in deep doo doo.

GSU 21

CCU 10

bobbythekidd
September 16th, 2006, 10:18 PM

The closest one I saw on the thread. We have a winner.

As for me, I am not sure which tastes worse, Beach Chicken or Crow.