PDA

View Full Version : Prognosticating the Patriot: Week 3

TheValleyRaider
September 13th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Hopefully 13 doesn't mind that I've taken the liberty of posting his picks for the PL this week. Hope things settle down for you soon :thumbsup:

Harvard over Holy Cross 24-21
Holy Cross kind of stalled after looking strong against Northeastern. I don't think they can beat a quality team like Harvard... yet.

Fordham over Columbia 14-10
Prydatko, Prydatko, Prydatko. The recipe for Fordham success. Columbia shouldn't be able to stop it.

Lafayette over Penn 28-18
Nothing says a team is hitting on all cylinders than a 31-0 shutout of a league opponent. Monkey #1 comes off the Leopards backs this Saturday.

Brown over Georgetown 17-9
Georgetown has a defense worthy of this contest. Without the offense though, this one is too tough for the Hoyas.

Lehigh over Princeton 23-14
Mountain Hawks continue to find their stride in out of conference matchups, getting better for the games that really count.

Colgate over Dartmouth 27-17
Colgate begins to find its footing after a week off to gel. Last year's tough loss still stings.

Cornell over Bucknell 28-14
Cornell is looking to be a top Ivy team this year, and they're not Duquense.

taken from the 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com)

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Hopefully 13 doesn't mind that I've taken the liberty of posting his picks for the PL this week. Hope things settle down for you soon :thumbsup:

taken from the 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com)

Lafayette over Penn by 10 is a bit generous. It will be much closer.

And I agree with LFN's assessment... if Lehigh doesn't beat Princeton by a reasonable amount, Lehigh still has some big problems. 13's score is also genrous for Princeton.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Princeton is good. Folks will find that out on Saturday.

Lafayette71
September 14th, 2006, 10:16 AM
If Princeton makes it a close game, I'd Chalk it up to a let down for Lehigh after a big win last week. With a new coach notching his first win in a big spot such as last weeks upset of Nova, we haven't seen how he get's the team up for a game they should win the next week. Playing a Princeton squad with a lot of young first time starters up front on both sides, A slow start for LU is the way I see this thing staying close.

carney2
September 14th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Princeton is good. Folks will find that out on Saturday.

I bow to LFN's superior knowledge on this subject, if not his "glass half empty" viewpoint. Personally, however, I see this as a down year for the Ivies. Back in the spring Harvard looked like a great team, but now that they have experienced all of their internal problems, not so much, as Jon Stewart would say. Of course you never know with the Ivies because they don't get around much. I don't see a Top 25 team in the bunch.

BROWN No Nick Hartigan, so one has to wonder how far a superior linebacker (DeOssie) can take them.

CORNELL Made a step up last year, but lost mucho talent at graduation.

HARVARD Murphy had the gun loaded and aimed for a great year. We'll know before the Ivy games begin if these guys have survived the turmoil because they get Patriot League contenders Lehigh and Lafayette early after each has a bye week.

PENN Some big grunts with credentials (All Ivy, etc.) up front, but problems elsewhere. The QB will be making his first start this Saturday at Lafayette and the defensive secondary may not be up to the task.

PRINCETON New starters abound. It's tough to see anything great coming out of this.

YALE Some good, some not so good. Given the rest of the league, they may be contenders.

COLUMBIA, DARTMOUTH Not worth mentioning, but I did anyhow.

Repeat: Not a Top 25 team in the bunch.

LUHawker
September 14th, 2006, 11:07 AM
If Princeton makes it a close game, I'd Chalk it up to a let down for Lehigh after a big win last week. With a new coach notching his first win in a big spot such as last weeks upset of Nova, we haven't seen how he get's the team up for a game they should win the next week. Playing a Princeton squad with a lot of young first time starters up front on both sides, A slow start for LU is the way I see this thing staying close.

Before the season, I marked this game down as a loss for Lehigh, for exactly the reason you mention - a let down game after a big game against Villanova (which I picked as a W) What I hadn't counted on was a loss to Albany, so I've changed my tune a little and because the "wake-up call" came earlier than expected. I was at the Princeton-Penn game last year and they dominated Penn, so I don't think this game is a gimme, but Lehigh's offense should be too much for Princeton's defense. As for Coen, I saw him on the Lehigh Sports Magazine show on Monday night, and based on his comments and demeanor, I think he will have the troops ready for Saturday.

Lafayette71
September 14th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I expect Lehigh to handle Princeton. The magnitude of the upset that Albany pulled off was increases in my eyes at least after the Albany's loss to Fordham. Lehigh won't be taking anyone lightly from here on out.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I expect Lehigh to handle Princeton. The magnitude of the upset that Albany pulled off was increases in my eyes at least after the Albany's loss to Fordham. Lehigh won't be taking anyone lightly from here on out.

..not even us... : smh :