PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky picks-Week 3

JALMOND
September 13th, 2006, 02:40 PM
A cross-section of games this week in Big Sky action. Some I-A's and some DII's with some I-AA's sprinkled in. After last week, anything is possible. Picks and guesses...

Central Washington @ EWU---What do two blowouts at the hands of I-A get you, especially when you play DII? Maybe the best way to scrimmage...EWU 45, C Wash 17.

ISU @ Idaho---ISU, coming off an impressive performance against DII Fort Lewis to combat their loss to UNLV, catches Idaho between two big Pac-10 games. Give the game to ISU...ISU 29, Idaho 21.

UC-Davis @ MSU---Which one is the abheration, the win at Colorado or the loss at home to Chadron? Doesn't matter, Davis has a good team this year...Davis 28, MSU 26.

Dixie College @ NAU---Unlike EWU, NAU played their two I-A opponents tough. Dixie played San Diego last week. NAU is not San Diego...NAU 58, Dixie 7.

UNC @ Texas State---Too bad that UNC has punter problems. Someone is going to have to kick the ball...Texas State 52, UNC 3.

PSU @ UC-Berkeley---PSU goes to Berkeley and back up to I-A. How will the defense do against the #21 ranked team in I-A? Maybe pretty well...UC-Berkeley 20, PSU 10.

Cal Poly @ SSU---Hornets had an off week to prepare for Poly. They had the whole summer to prepare for Boise...Cal Poly 35, SSU 10.

Southern Utah @ WSU---Will the Wildcats find some offense? Until then the defense will keep them going...WSU 10, S Utah 7.

dbackjon
September 13th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Good analysis Jalmond. I think ISU has a real shot at winning their game

elkmcc
September 13th, 2006, 03:02 PM
With all due respect anyone has had a great chance at beating Idaho the past 8 or 10 years. I like PSU a lot but I am afraid they are going to find out how the big boys play, just like EWU and Montana did. I would love to see them win just so the Griz can say "we beat the team that beat CAL". The rest of the games are gimmies, except SUU and Weber. I'd put my money on Weber. Older Mormon brother vs younger Morman brother.

JALMOND
September 13th, 2006, 03:37 PM
With all due respect anyone has had a great chance at beating Idaho the past 8 or 10 years. I like PSU a lot but I am afraid they are going to find out how the big boys play, just like EWU and Montana did. I would love to see them win just so the Griz can say "we beat the team that beat CAL". The rest of the games are gimmies, except SUU and Weber. I'd put my money on Weber. Older Mormon brother vs younger Morman brother.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. PSU has not lost at home since the conference opener against EWU in 2004. Included is a win against the Griz, led by Ochs in 2004.

I think the UC-Davis/MSU game will be a good one, one that won't be a gimme by any reason. Possibly one of the better games in I-AA. With the Cats losing last week, this will tell how good both teams are. MSU can't afford another loss at home and Davis, after a good showing at TCU last week, would like to keep its momentum going. That game will probably be close throughout.

ncbears
September 13th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I think we'll lose the game against Tx State but not 52-3. I think it will be much closer then that. Hopefully the players and coaches can put this Cozad thing behind them for a couple of days and focus on the game at hand. It will be hard as the players will be thinking of Mendoza and his recovery. This is just the thing we need right now.

McNeese75
September 13th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure Tx State can score 52 points at this point in the season.

putter
September 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM
A cross-section of games this week in Big Sky action. Some I-A's and some DII's with some I-AA's sprinkled in. After last week, anything is possible. Picks and guesses...

Central Washington @ EWU---What do two blowouts at the hands of I-A get you, especially when you play DII? Maybe the best way to scrimmage...EWU 45, C Wash 17.

ISU @ Idaho---ISU, coming off an impressive performance against DII Fort Lewis to combat their loss to UNLV, catches Idaho between two big Pac-10 games. Give the game to ISU...ISU 29, Idaho 21.

UC-Davis @ MSU---Which one is the abheration, the win at Colorado or the loss at home to Chadron? Doesn't matter, Davis has a good team this year...Davis 28, MSU 26.

Dixie College @ NAU---Unlike EWU, NAU played their two I-A opponents tough. Dixie played San Diego last week. NAU is not San Diego...NAU 58, Dixie 7.

UNC @ Texas State---Too bad that UNC has punter problems. Someone is going to have to kick the ball...Texas State 52, UNC 3.

PSU @ UC-Berkeley---PSU goes to Berkeley and back up to I-A. How will the defense do against the #21 ranked team in I-A? Maybe pretty well...UC-Berkeley 20, PSU 10.

Cal Poly @ SSU---Hornets had an off week to prepare for Poly. They had the whole summer to prepare for Boise...Cal Poly 35, SSU 10.

Southern Utah @ WSU---Will the Wildcats find some offense? Until then the defense will keep them going...WSU 10, S Utah 7.

Sorry, but I burst out laughing when I read that! Good analysis Jalmond.

RobsPics
September 13th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Don't underestimate the Viks!!

elkmcc
September 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. PSU has not lost at home since the conference opener against EWU in 2004. Included is a win against the Griz, led by Ochs in 2004.

I think the UC-Davis/MSU game will be a good one, one that won't be a gimme by any reason. Possibly one of the better games in I-AA. With the Cats losing last week, this will tell how good both teams are. MSU can't afford another loss at home and Davis, after a good showing at TCU last week, would like to keep its momentum going. That game will probably be close throughout.

Sorry I excluded the bobcat game. I think it could be a close one, one of those bobcat come from behind type games but I just don't think they will have the confidence needed to beat Davis. Oh I might mention that I wouldn't believe a single thing I say about the bobcats if I were you because I have never been able to pick them with any accuracy. PSU just might be really good this year but I know the Griz will be good.

Ronbo
September 13th, 2006, 05:19 PM
PSU always finds a way to get their fans really excited and then stabs them in the heart. Look for the usual suspects in Portland this season.

RobsPics
September 13th, 2006, 05:39 PM
PSU is gonna stiff arm the competition! :)

http://www.robspics.com/2006_02.jpg

griz37
September 13th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I will be the 1st to predict that Southern Utah beats Weber St. & starts the season 3-0.

JALMOND
September 16th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Sorry I excluded the bobcat game. I think it could be a close one, one of those bobcat come from behind type games but I just don't think they will have the confidence needed to beat Davis. Oh I might mention that I wouldn't believe a single thing I say about the bobcats if I were you because I have never been able to pick them with any accuracy. PSU just might be really good this year but I know the Griz will be good.

I'd say we both missed the Cat game big time. We should have stuck with your first assessment (a "gimme" game). Not close at all.

Mike Johnson
September 16th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I will be the 1st to predict that Southern Utah beats Weber St. & starts the season 3-0.

Weber State 24, Southern Utah 13

BTW, congratulations to Northern Colorado over Texas State.