PDA

View Full Version : Watch out App fans...

AppGuy04
September 13th, 2006, 09:01 AM
http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings

Mars Hill leading DII in yards per game this year:nod: :rolleyes:

bobbythekidd
September 13th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Appguy,
I have a feeling your D will be a wake-up call for some kids on Sat. Show em how champions compete!

GeauxColonels
September 13th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah, maybe you will have 2 guys recording 16 tackles this week!!

I'm still in awe of that stat.

AppGuy04
September 13th, 2006, 10:37 AM

Yeah, and he's only a sophomore, greatly looking forward to 2 more years after this.

SoCon48
September 13th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, and he's only a sophomore, greatly looking forward to 2 more years after this.

Hey AppGuy, he's listed as a jr. Was he redshirted after a game or so in 2004 (injured) , thus giving him soph eligibility?

Apps32
September 13th, 2006, 12:10 PM
http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings

Mars Hill leading DII in yards per game this year:nod: :rolleyes:

Yep, including 499 on the ground against Greensboro 2 weeks ago. It think the key words here are "against Greensboro" but still, not too shabby. Hopefully our players saw what happened to Montana State and don't take these fools too lightly...

ASU Kep
September 13th, 2006, 02:26 PM
From what I've heard on MMB, tickets are selling faster for this game then JMU. A lot faster. I think Mars Hill is going to show up. To use the so loved I-A quote "playing us is their Super Bowl."

tralfangar
September 13th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Or it could be open house weekend...

ASU Kep
September 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Open house rarely means a big boost in attendance. Check out the figures for the past 4 years or so. I think Mars Hill is going to show up.

tralfangar
September 13th, 2006, 02:37 PM
I hope so =)

Just stating that as usual there are other factors. After winning a NC more prospective students might want to see the football team.

Kiss My Apps
September 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Open house rarely means a big boost in attendance. Check out the figures for the past 4 years or so. I think Mars Hill is going to show up.

Over the past ten to fifteen years, the open house/family weekend game has been our second best draw (including two of our all-time top ten), only behind homecoming.

WUTNDITWAA
September 13th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Over the past ten to fifteen years, the open house/family weekend game has been our second best draw, only behind homecoming.

Historically though, it's the first game of the season. Hope they all factor into a packed ROCK.

KiddBrewer
September 13th, 2006, 04:30 PM
22,018, maybe............

AppGuy04
September 13th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Hey AppGuy, he's listed as a jr. Was he redshirted after a game or so in 2004 (injured) , thus giving him soph eligibility?

he had a medical redshirt in 2004, atleast, thats what this says: http://www.goasu.com/article/8741/?fSession=2cee1e319e752f6af99e8bb04ea76d9bbd1c20d6

The honors are the first for Banks, who was granted a medical redshirt for the 2004 season during the offseason and is now officially a sophomore eligibility-wise.

ASU Kep
September 13th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I think we might break 20k, but it'd be pretty unreasonable to expect much more then that. I know the students aren't really that pumped for this game. I really think Mars Hill is going to help us, though.

Mr. C
September 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM

He didn't play the fourth quarter either, as Pierre Banks had a minor injury and was rested.

On Banks' eligibility status, he is STILL listed as a junior in everything the university is putting out, but saw limited action in two early-season games against Eastern Kentucky and The Citadel (games two and three on the schedule that year) as a freshman before suffering an injury. If he decides to come back in 2008, it is very likely he would be granted an extra year by the NCAA, who would rule his freshman year as a medical redshirt. It's just a matter of ASU doing the paperwork.