PDA

View Full Version : UNI v SDSU Game Preview........

Cap'n Cat
September 12th, 2006, 01:31 PM
http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091106aab.html

Chi Panther
September 12th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Sure IS a tough week to be a Panther and Oakland Raiders fan.......: smh :

bison95
September 12th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Sure IS a tough week to be a Panther and Oakland Raiders fan.......: smh :

I feel for Ya buddy. My Pack and your Raiders couldn't combine O lines and come up with a good High School line:bang: :bang:

Hansel
September 12th, 2006, 04:23 PM
SDSU wins this pillow fight in a close one

shakdaddy3
September 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
all i read is blah blah blah UNI lost to a D-II school blah blah blah

igo4uni
September 12th, 2006, 08:22 PM
SDSU wins this pillow fight in a close one

Man, I sure hope not!!

Hansel
September 12th, 2006, 08:24 PM
all i read is blah blah blah UNI lost to a D-II school blah blah blah
it could be worse- SDSU lost to a DIII school

PantherMan
September 12th, 2006, 09:00 PM
it could be worse- SDSU lost to a DIII school

Think where that puts UNI if we lost to SDSU...:nonono2:

igo4uni
September 12th, 2006, 09:21 PM

I don't think UNI will lose this game. Expect a strong performance by the Panthers.

GrizRchattybound
September 12th, 2006, 09:24 PM
SDSU by 3 (like 6 FG's on the night)

Tod
September 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
You people are insane. UNI by 30. xidiotx

igo4uni
September 12th, 2006, 09:56 PM

Stop the presses!!!!!

I might actually agree with Tod!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :p :p :p :p :p :p : smh : :confused: :( :D :rolleyes: :cool:

pcola
September 13th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Since the Sioux beat UNI and we don't play SDSU this year, I'll be cheering for UNI to win. The better UNI does for the remainder of the season the more impressive our win over UNI will look.

Go Panthers.

elkmcc
September 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM
SDSU surely didn't look very strong last week. A Nat'l Finalist from last year should certainly be able to handle the team the griz played last week, anyway. As whacky as this year is shaping up to be, who knows.

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2006, 11:40 AM

First of all you guys have no defense. You couldn't stop a DII sioux team that you should have handled easily. With that being said SDSU is having a terrible year. I don't see you guys winning by 30 but given the year SDSU is having I see a W for you. On the other hand its been proved that on AGS anyone can win hell even a wannabe like the whioux:twocents:

putter
September 13th, 2006, 11:46 AM
SDSU's QB is a gamer and I thought their D Line did a very good job. I still think UNI will take this game by about the same score of the Griz Game

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2006, 12:31 PM
I'm not here to rip on all UNI fans as I think they are great folks. But apparently my last remark must have struck a nerve with one particular UNI fan, so much so he came over to Bisonville and posted this.

UNI fan here - I'm here for just this 1 time to make a few comments regarding some bad-mouthing of UNI (regarding the loss to UND) by some of your posters on the AGS website.

1. I have never seen a collective fan base for one team on AGS rally around the call of 'if you're so tough, then why don't you schedule us' more than yours. Here's a tip - scheduling is NOT EASY. A lot of you guys think it is, and you couldn't be more mistaken.

2. I have rarely seen a fan base forecast a entire team's season based on 1 game as you guys have done to UNI over the last week (based upon their loss to UND). Blind hate for UND apparently clouds the judgement of you guys. Last year, UNI had trouble tackling in their 1st couple of games too and I think they did pretty well for themselves by the end of the season.

If telling you that your defense sucked against the whioux bothers you that much then you better not go to any more UNI football games until your teams defensive struggles are cleared up. I never based your entire season on one game but I would be worried if your teams defensive efforts don't improve dramatically over the next few games. Either way I hope you guys do well but to whomever posted that you need to have a little thicker skin or someone who wants to post some serious Smack will have you ready to jump off a cliff:nono: xlolx

elkmcc
September 13th, 2006, 01:17 PM
All this gives so much more meaning to the phrase "So Sioux Me". I could see it becomming a catch phrase for being beat by a lesser division foe.

McNeese75
September 13th, 2006, 03:55 PM
All this gives so much more meaning to the phrase "So Sioux Me". I could see it becomming a catch phrase for being beat by a lesser division foe.

Is that similar to being "Buffaloed"? (or bisoned?) :D

Chi Panther
September 13th, 2006, 04:44 PM
First of all you guys have no defense. You couldn't stop a DII sioux team that you should have handled easily. With that being said SDSU is having a terrible year. I don't see you guys winning by 30 but given the year SDSU is having I see a W for you. On the other hand its been proved that on AGS anyone can win hell even a wannabe like the whioux:twocents:

You have been pretty vocal of UNI's loss......good for you.

Thanks for putting soooo much stock in one game.

I'm gonna put stock in your Ball State game. Last time UNI played them....we won. IF NDSU loses.....your season is a failure as far as I'm concerned. This is a game NDSU should win.....xcoffeex

MNBISON
September 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM
You have been pretty vocal of UNI's loss......good for you.

Thanks for putting soooo much stock in one game.

I'm gonna put stock in your Ball State game. Last time UNI played them....we won. IF NDSU loses.....your season is a failure as far as I'm concerned. This is a game NDSU should win.....xcoffeex

Kind of apples and oranges wouldn't you say Chi? I see where you are coming from though, there has probably been a little to much said about this game by some NDSU fans. Any given Saturday is all I have to say, UNI plays the Sioux 10 times, I say UNI comes out on top on most. Good luck the rest of the way.

crunifan
September 13th, 2006, 05:13 PM
If we lose this weekend, I have officially lost all faith in this season and I will change my standards to "please at least beat Indiana State and not get last in the Gateway."

GOKATS
September 13th, 2006, 05:14 PM
No way SDSU wins this one- UNI by at least 20.

elkmcc
September 13th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Is that similar to being "Buffaloed"? (or bisoned?) :D

Yea, a lot like it!:o

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I can't see us losing this one. I wasn't overly suprised by the loss to UND, more at the way it happened.

dlsiouxfan
September 13th, 2006, 07:26 PM
UNI fans shouldn't take too much crap from ndsu fans. Ask them what happened the last three time they played the Sioux or better yet what happened 9 of the last 13 times. They run their mouths off a bunch but in all actuality they haven't won a big game since they beat Montana. Go Panthers hang 40 on SDSU this weekend....

shakdaddy3
September 13th, 2006, 07:43 PM
UNI fans deserve all the ***** talk that comes their way from this game... all of em have been knockin YSU all off-season [i know they knock rock back] and sayin how great they were at every area... i hope all the smack keeps on goin... did YSU lose to a D-II school? no? ok... HAHA! but hey, best of luck the rest of the way, for real, except against us....

PantherMan
September 13th, 2006, 08:40 PM
UNI fans deserve all the ***** talk that comes their way from this game... all of em have been knockin YSU all off-season [i know they knock rock back] and sayin how great they were at every area... i hope all the smack keeps on goin... did YSU lose to a D-II school? no? ok... HAHA! but hey, best of luck the rest of the way, for real, except against us....

Youngstown is dirty and YSU hasn't had a football team since Jim Tressel went to the Bucks... Other than that, they have a neat Mascot...:smiley_wi

bisonguy
September 13th, 2006, 09:29 PM
SDSU's defense is not as good as UND's defense, and that will be their downfall.

UNI's loss was a wake-up call, UNI rolls by at least 17, and SDSU will be sitting at 0-3.

crunifan
September 14th, 2006, 01:14 AM

Let me get this straight. UNI fans are talking about how great we are? Did I hear this from an Illinois State fan?

I like this little alliance forming in the Gateway, Illinois State and Youngstown State...versus everyone else.

AZGrizFan
September 14th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Stop the presses!!!!!

I might actually agree with Tod!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :p :p :p :p :p :p : smh : :confused: :( :D :rolleyes: :cool:

igo, I've found that it's a LOT easier to agree with Tod on the Discussion board....;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

His theories aren't nearly as whacked. :eek: xidiotx :D :D

darell1976
September 14th, 2006, 09:24 AM

There isn't a division 4 is there.xlolx

But not to worry UNI

UNI 42
SDSU 13

The Sioux loss was a wakeup call for UNI for the rest of the season.

Pantherpower
September 14th, 2006, 09:41 AM
It sure will be great to take care of business against IlSU and YSU to shut them the hell up. Then it will be "Damn, you guys lost to UNI?? Didn't they get beat by a D-II school or something?":smiley_wi

shakdaddy3
September 14th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Let me get this straight. UNI fans are talking about how great we are? Did I hear this from an Illinois State fan?

I like this little alliance forming in the Gateway, Illinois State and Youngstown State...versus everyone else.
nope, no alliance... i just love it how u guys always say that YSU talks too much and that they haven't won anything since tressel... and yes, you guys talked all off-season how great you were, and if u didnt then sorry for the generalization and u'd be in the minority of UNI fans...

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2006, 12:11 PM
After last weeks debacle they shouldn't be saying to muchxcoffeex

birdsflyhigh
September 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Hmmm...an alliance between YSU and ISU fans against UNI?? Now...there's an idea...kidding! I didn't mind at all UNI fans talking up their team before the UND debacle. You had every right to, and why would anyone think otherwise before last week's game.

I STILL think the Panthers are going to near the top of the GFC. Nothing has changed in so far as ISU and YSU are going to bring their best game against UNI...no doubt about that. It's just now there does seem to be a couple of chinks in the Panther's armour.

Hope UNI kicks SDSU and gives Iowa St. a true test, then rolls into the Gateway playing strong football. UND is in the past...it happend, but the Panthers can use that loss as motivation to work harder. :nod:

crunifan
September 14th, 2006, 04:23 PM
nope, no alliance... i just love it how u guys always say that YSU talks too much and that they haven't won anything since tressel... and yes, you guys talked all off-season how great you were, and if u didnt then sorry for the generalization and u'd be in the minority of UNI fans...

First of all, in the off season we had every right to talk about how great we were. When you go to the National Championship game, you will get that right too.

Second, UNI fans are just fed up with a certain couple Penguin posters. There is no reason to generalize this into a YSU vs. UNI thing. It is individual posters taking things out of context.

Mountain Panther
September 14th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Hmmm...an alliance between YSU and ISU fans against UNI?? Now...there's an idea...kidding! I didn't mind at all UNI fans talking up their team before the UND debacle. You had every right to, and why would anyone think otherwise before last week's game.

I STILL think the Panthers are going to near the top of the GFC. Nothing has changed in so far as ISU and YSU are going to bring their best game against UNI...no doubt about that. It's just now there does seem to be a couple of chinks in the Panther's armour.

Hope UNI kicks SDSU and gives Iowa St. a true test, then rolls into the Gateway playing strong football. UND is in the past...it happend, but the Panthers can use that loss as motivation to work harder. :nod:

Best post I've read in a while...well put. I hope everything you said comes true....:hurray:

JBB
September 15th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I like SDSU. They have a tandum in the backfield that might be able to get to UNI. The Jacks didnt do much at Montana State and its been a down year. Im picking them because this is where they have to turn it around. Its a tall order but UNI looks like an average team right now and if thats all they bring they are vulnerable to another upset at home. Hey if UND can do it, anybody can.