PDA

View Full Version : YSU-Penn State

GoGuins
September 12th, 2006, 08:51 AM
All I can say is this will get ugly. Hopefully YSU at least shows up and puts some points on the board unlike last year against Pitt.

PSU 48
YSU 13

http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&tid=78896666&sid=&style=2

http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&tid=78845173&sid=&style=2

bluehenbillk
September 12th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately for YSU, the Nittany Lions will not be in a good mood after the ND game & because they have a lot of young players JoePa won't take them out really early, last chance to prep before going to OSU.

penguinfan
September 12th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I would be very satisfied with 48 - 13. I don't believe it, but I would be very satisfied with it. My fear is more like 48 - 0. Please prove me wrong Guins!!!! (I will gladly eat crow!!!).

AppGuy04
September 12th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I'm guessing YSU doesn't score a TD, maybe a FG

GoGuins
September 12th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Yea, I'm very optimistic giving YSU 13 pts

AppGuy04
September 12th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Not really that the Penn St D is THAT good, they will be smoking after getting gashed last week.

Hansel
September 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM
PSU by 24 :)

penguinfan
September 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Same situation we found ourselves in last year with Pitt. They were 0-3 and just had been upset by Ohio University. They were mad and wanted to make a statement.......we were that statement (41-0).

AppGuy04
September 12th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Same situation we found ourselves in last year with Pitt. They were 0-3 and just had been upset by Ohio University. They were mad and wanted to make a statement.......we were that statement (41-0).

Thats the trouble with playing I-A's

GoGuins
September 12th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I just hope our O-Line pass protection improves!

You may see back-up QB Mike Schneider get some reps (former starter at Duke), he's used to playing in front of large crowds (Duke away games) and running for his life because of lack of line protection :)

AppGuy04
September 12th, 2006, 10:33 AM
(Duke away games)

good thing you threw that inxlolx

LacesOut
September 13th, 2006, 08:17 AM
C'mon YSU!!! Beat PSU!! Or keep it close as possible. LOL

Pards Rule
September 13th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I am torn on this one. Usually I root against PSU simply because I'm sick of the Philly media infatuation with the team. On the other hand, I still recall the YSU line that we didn't even belong in Boone.

LacesOut
September 13th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Usually I root against PSU simply because I'm sick of the Philly media infatuation with the team.

Exactly! I've been sick of their pole chugging of Joe Pa and PSU for about the last 20 years!!

penguinfan
September 13th, 2006, 08:38 AM
pards rule....

Don't let a few idiots from YSU sour you on the Penguins. Most of YSU fans took the selection committee snub last year and let it go. We did it to ourselves by not winning the big games we needed to win. Let bygones be bygones. If nothing else, root for 1-AA!!!

ysubigred
September 13th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I'm not syaing YSU is better then Akron, but we are a better football program then akron, more tradition, better facility, better record against akron and 1-a's then the zips etc. I will say there is not a lot of difference between YSU and Akron maybe 14-17 points, or else akron would play YSU. So I look at the Akron PSU score and say ours will not be much differn't Myabe 14-17 points off.

I've been informed that Akron is light years better than YSU :)

With that being said and the AZZ whoppin PSU took from ND. PSU will be ready to pile up the points and inflict as much humility and damage on an OHIO team as they can. PENN and OHIO is still fighting sorta a civil war in sports :p

PSU 48-0

Would settle for a 21 point defeat.

Will give my left NUT for a WIN :thumbsup:

Pards Rule
September 13th, 2006, 09:06 AM
pards rule....

Don't let a few idiots from YSU sour you on the Penguins. Most of YSU fans took the selection committee snub last year and let it go. We did it to ourselves by not winning the big games we needed to win. Let bygones be bygones. If nothing else, root for 1-AA!!!

Yes Fan I think I will. There was another dewd on here who was totally trashing the Pards but it wasn't you. So, go 'Guins! BTW, I drove through YSU a few years back when I was in the area working a project on putting a Goddard School in Boardman.

GoGuins
September 13th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Yes Fan I think I will. There was another dewd on here who was totally trashing the Pards but it wasn't you. So, go 'Guins! BTW, I drove through YSU a few years back when I was in the area working a project on putting a Goddard School in Boardman.

We all know who the "dewd" is. I'm also in the boat that YSU didn't win games they needed to to get in the playoffs. In his 5 years as YSU coach, Jon Heacock is still searching for that "big" win.

I live about 15 miles south of Boardman, nice area. I recommend all visiting fans to stay here when they come for a game. It's about a 10-15 min. drive to YSU's campus from there

penguinfan
September 13th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I hope one day we can hook up with a Patriot school. It would give you guys a chance to come to YSU and experience what most YSU fans are like, hospitable, gracious, and respectful of other programs. It's shame that most Pat schools are close enough for us to play each other but for some reason it has never happened. We are tired of beating Villanova and would welcome a step up in competition (Just kidding Nova fans.....our playoff series have always been cliff hangers).

Pards Rule
September 13th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Well, I was being a gentleman not to name anyone. I stayed in the Microtel Inn in Boardman. Poland was a great town to visit across the interstate from Boardman.

ysubigred
September 13th, 2006, 11:05 AM
If akron is so much better why won't they play us?

http://www.ysupenguins.com/cgi-bin/ib3new/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=3279;st=10

Not my words. There is plenty of discussion about Akron and Kent on Pete's.

LacesOut
September 13th, 2006, 01:44 PM
From Matt Dougherty.........

No. 6 Youngstown State (2-0) at AP No. 25 Penn State (1-1), 3:30

What’s the worst thing to happen before facing a ranked I-A opponent? Well, having that team get completely embarrassed on national television has to rank right up there. Penn State was overwhelmed in every way against a superior Notre Dame team, and will be out to get back on track against the next opponent that it can find. That’s bad news for Youngstown State. The Penguins are capable of doing big things season against I-AA teams, but figure to run into an angry and motivated Penn State squad in Happy Valley. The Nittany Lions probably don’t have the talent that they possessed a year ago, but should still be a ranked team and be too much for the Penguins to handle. With a game against Maine in their rear view mirror and a tough matchup with UC Davis coming next week, the Penguins might take this opportunity to rest some starters if it gets out of hand.

Prediction: Penn State 38, Youngstown State 7

GoGuins
September 14th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Paterno not looking ahead to Ohio State

http://www.vindy.com/content/sports/local_regional/287609135716056.php

Paterno said YSU was added to the Penn State schedule after Louisiana Tech backed out because of a scheduling conflict in the Western Athletic Conference.

He isn't taking the game lightly.

"Northwestern just got licked by New Hampshire, at Northwestern, by a I-AA school," Paterno said. "Youngstown is a good football team.

"They have a good program and good tradition," Paterno said. "I think that when we start labeling people I-A and I-AA and that kind of stuff, that bothers me a little bit.

"Youngstown has won four or five national championships and I think they won their conference last year, which includes some people that through the years have had good football tradition," Paterno said.

GoGuins
September 15th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Last I read YSU was 25 1/2 pt dogs

Pards Rule
September 15th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Come on guys keep it to 14 and drop further any chance they have of getting in a bowl! Can you say Bluebonnet? (they still have that or what corp sponsor renamed it?)

Ivytalk
September 15th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Last I read YSU was 25 1/2 pt dogs

I'd love to see the Guins beat the spread, but I don't think it will happen.

GoGuins
September 15th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I'd love to see the Guins beat the spread, but I don't think it will happen.

I agree: smh :

ravens
September 16th, 2006, 04:34 PM
PSU up 20-0 at half.

ysubigred
September 16th, 2006, 04:40 PM
PSU up 20-0 at half.

20-3 about half way through the 3rd. The might Guins are a second half team you know :rolleyes:

ravens
September 16th, 2006, 05:41 PM
3 -37....no I-AA upsets today

Tod
September 16th, 2006, 06:14 PM
3 -37....no I-AA upsets today

Not true! :thumbsup:

ravens
September 16th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Yes, SIU !!! Portland State doesn't look good, wait to see how Furman fares.