PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Stadium Expansion/Jumbo Tron.

BlueHenBoy
September 11th, 2006, 05:25 PM
With Delaware selling out the last 13 games and getting into fenway park territory...just kidding. Do you think they will ever consider expanding? I don't think It's a money issue w/ all the revenue a season brings. I know they just re-did the student section, but I would like to see a bowl possibly. It would be hard to transform it in to that but they could square of the corners. Your thoughts?

And also...Delaware should get a jumbotron and have replays for the fans. Because I hate the current score board it is aweful. I tryed to find the cost of one but was unsuccessful. I'm thinking a small one like at Navy.

Hansel
September 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Videoboards are often paid for by the new advertising they generate- I wouldn't hold my breath as a UD fan though- the admin put new grass in over the summer so they probably won't think about putting any money into the stadium for another 20 years :p

RadMann
September 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
The UD admin is very stingy when it comes to spending related to athletics. Despite this, I'm thinking it is gonna happen sometime, but more than 5 years out is my guess....

GAD
September 11th, 2006, 07:23 PM
With Delaware selling out the last 13 games and getting into fenway park territory...just kidding. Do you think they will ever consider expanding? I don't think It's a money issue w/ all the revenue a season brings. I know they just re-did the student section, but I would like to see a bowl possibly. It would be hard to transform it in to that but they could square of the corners. Your thoughts?

And also...Delaware should get a jumbotron and have replays for the fans. Because I hate the current score board it is aweful. I tryed to find the cost of one but was unsuccessful. I'm thinking a small one like at Navy.
I was just about to ask if there were any plans for the hens to expand the stadium. Any chance of a second deck opposite the pressbox, that would provide a much better view of the game than endzone seating.

MR. CHICKEN
September 11th, 2006, 08:28 PM

BLUEBOY........IT'S BEEN SAID...DAT IFIN' DELAWARE STADIUM.....WERE TA BE RENOVATED/UPGRADED.....BEYOND 20%........DEN ALL GRANDFATHERED COUNTY CODES...WOULD BE LOST AN' DUH ENTIRE STADIUM...WOULD HAVE TA BE BROUGHT UP TA CURRENT CODE!..(JES' THINK....NO PEEIN' ON DUH WALL...AN' NO MO'....STAININ' YER TUBE SOCKS!).....DAT WHY ELEVATOR...AN' PRESS BOX.......IS UH WET DREAM....DON'T COUNT ON BOWLIN' IN DUH TUB..........SAY BYE-BYE...TA DUH DOME.......O' COURSE....HITTIN' DUH LOTTO...FO' SAY........300 MIL...........AN' UH HEFTY CHUNK O' CHANGE.....GIVEN IN DUH SPIRIT....O' BLUEHEN PIGGY....MIGHTS JES' GET YER....NAME...OUTTAH DUH POLICE BLOTTER....AN' ADDED ON....TA TUBBY FIELD.........:rotateh:.......BRAWK!

ngineer
September 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry, but I fail to see what all the fascination is with getting big video scoreboards. Can't be we be entertained sufficiently with what's happening on the field?? I think UD's current scoreboard is more than adequate--even gives you cumulative stats on passing and rushing. I think we as a people have become too influenced by television and the 'need' to have instant replay for everything. While at times it is interesting to see a particular play from a different angle, even on TV, the replays are horribly overdone. Considering the supposed claims of tight budgets for serious academic needs, spending tons of money for scoreboards seems to just be slipping further down the slope toward the I-A's who we have always accused of having THEIR priorities skewed.:rolleyes:

MR. CHICKEN
September 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
YEAH...AN' WHO WANTS TA SEE DERE....D-BACKS......TOASTED...FROM EVERAH WHICH WAY?..................BRAWK!

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2006, 08:43 PM
The 3d rendering of the stadium expansion looks amazing! I hope they do that!

bluehenbillk
September 12th, 2006, 06:57 AM
I've been pining for years for more seats. I wonder how many seats we could've sold for UNH in 3 weeks?

henfan
September 12th, 2006, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't expect any changes to happen in the next year or two. Perhaps some temporary stands would be added to accomodate overflow student demand.

UD's current CEO, who's done a fabulous job renovating the entire campus and elevating the status and financial standing of the school, has not given that same attention to athletics. One school of thought is that, with the current CEO retirement in '07, any football stadium expansion or replacement would be left up to the next president.

This is more a decision for the Board of Trustees and which direction they want UD athletics to play in campus life over the long term. Who the BOT selects as the new CEO should tell us something.

In any case, I'd expect some changes to happen at the Tub. The head football coach continues to lobby for them and there's a sense that fans are just dying to open their wallets to get it done. The next year or two should tell us a lot.

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Any chance of a second deck opposite the pressbox, that would provide a much better view of the game than endzone seating.
No chance of that. Both sides are the same height and you couldn't add a second deck to a side that is already 40+ rows high. Also it has been said many times by fans, but I've never actually seen official word, that no changes can be made to either side because they are out of code with respect to how steep they are and if they made a change, they'd have to scrap the entire side.

Any chance for expansion would have to be adding seats to the North endzone.

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 08:10 AM
The 3d rendering of the stadium expansion looks amazing! I hope they do that!
:confused: :confused: :confused:

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry, but I fail to see what all the fascination is with getting big video scoreboards. Can't be we be entertained sufficiently with what's happening on the field?? I think UD's current scoreboard is more than adequate--even gives you cumulative stats on passing and rushing. I think we as a people have become too influenced by television and the 'need' to have instant replay for everything.
AGREED!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

If you want to watch the game on TV, stay home, or better yet, tape it and watch it when you get home. Replays only get you pissed if it goes against your team. That jumbo-jumbotron they have in Austin is absolutely the most stupid thing I've ever seen.

The other one I don't get is the demand for a better press box. I don't give a rats arse if the press has to sit on milk crates. So a media type is going to say something bad about Blue Hen football if they're sitting in a nice press box? Give me a friggin break. :nonono2:

Tribe4SF
September 12th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Code issues are a real problem. Tribe basically rebuilt the pressbox at Zable this year, but it looks exactly the same, so it could be done as "repair", and not raise any code issues. You still have to climb a wooden ladder to get in it.:o

henfan
September 12th, 2006, 08:49 AM
The other one I don't get is the demand for a better press box. I don't give a rats arse if the press has to sit on milk crates. So a media type is going to say something bad about Blue Hen football if they're sitting in a nice press box? Give me a friggin break. :nonono2:

89', the press are seldom primary or even secondary consideration for D-I schools when building tower structures. Press facilities are usually incorporated into larger scale structures that include skyboxes, VIP/presidential suites, football offices, weight training areas, classrooms, conference rooms, Hall of Fame sections, etc. These structures are generally built as revenue generators (skyboxes & meeting rooms) and recruiting tools.

Though the average fan seldom reaps the direct reward of the structures, there are a big advantage to the football/athletic programs they serve and can help to generate revenue. If they weren't such a big deal and only served to make the press more comfy, nobody would be building them.

blukeys
September 12th, 2006, 08:52 AM

I think the fans who whine about the press box issue are simply mimicking the complaints one hears from the media. Sometimes certain fans think they sound smarter by saying something negative and or cynical.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who is getting paid to watch a game that I paid $20.00 + to get into. The sense of entitlement that some in the media have is absolutely galling.:mad: :mad: If they think covering Delaware football is so tough let them get a job covering something else like High School sports.

Dane96
September 12th, 2006, 08:53 AM
No chance of that. Both sides are the same height and you couldn't add a second deck to a side that is already 40+ rows high. Also it has been said many times by fans, but I've never actually seen official word, that no changes can be made to either side because they are out of code with respect to how steep they are and if they made a change, they'd have to scrap the entire side.

Any chance for expansion would have to be adding seats to the North endzone.

It's been done at: Penn State, U Florida (both endzones however), and notably (for this situation) at MARYLAND. Maryland added 12,000 seats via one single upper deck to a lower deck that was 40 rows deep.

As for steepness, go check out all three stadiums and you will **** yourself...it is some scary steep designs. SO, unless Delaware has a code (which I am not familiar with) differing than most states, it shouldnt be a problem.

This is "scary steep":

http://umterps.cstv.com/facilities/md-byrd-stadium-football.html

henfan
September 12th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Dane, you've got it right. We have the technology and it can be done.

Texas has a similar thing going on with their west grandstand. They built the second deck atop a supporting structure, which isn't supported by the first tier of grandstands though it is attached to it at the rear. Seeing it in person, the upper deck in nighmarishly steep.

But it can be done.

grizbeer
September 12th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry, but I fail to see what all the fascination is with getting big video scoreboards. Can't be we be entertained sufficiently with what's happening on the field?? I think UD's current scoreboard is more than adequate--even gives you cumulative stats on passing and rushing. I think we as a people have become too influenced by television and the 'need' to have instant replay for everything. While at times it is interesting to see a particular play from a different angle, even on TV, the replays are horribly overdone. Considering the supposed claims of tight budgets for serious academic needs, spending tons of money for scoreboards seems to just be slipping further down the slope toward the I-A's who we have always accused of having THEIR priorities skewed.:rolleyes:As someone else said most video boards are paid for with teh advertising they generate. Form my seat in the NEZ of WA-Griz I can only see about 1/2 of the end zone, so if a pass goes deep into the end zone I just look up at the scoreboard and there it is, or if the pass is dropped/penalty/etc. I am amazed how many times I thought I saw something on the field, then looked at the replay and saw it was quite different (usually a penalty).

Most times the replay shows the ref had it right and the fans were wrong, so as far as anger replays usually defuse anger, not ignite it. I'm all for replay screens and replays!

Dane96
September 12th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Dane, you've got it right. We have the technology and it can be done.

Texas has a similar thing going on with their west grandstand. They built the second deck atop a supporting structure, which isn't supported by the first tier of grandstands though it is attached to it at the rear. Seeing it in person, the upper deck in nighmarishly steep.

But it can be done.

Speaking of Texas (and I was a bit confused when I heard it on the telecast), they are adding more seats to their endzone. They said "Texas will be expanding, clearing the endzone and adding seats." Now, I do not know if they meant the current seating or the opposite end where that monster (largest in the world) jumbotron sits, but that is just insane.

When I interviewed at UT Law School (one of the few schools that interviews), they actually gave me a tour of the stadium as a "selling point" of the school. I ****E YOU NOT!

henfan
September 12th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Speaking of Texas (and I was a bit confused when I heard it on the telecast), they are adding more seats to their endzone. They said "Texas will be expanding, clearing the endzone and adding seats." Now, I do not know if they meant the current seating or the opposite end where that monster (largest in the world) jumbotron sits, but that is just insane.

Would they actually remove the current grandstand in the North end zone? If the new seating is to be in the South end zone, where on God's earth would they re-locate Godzillatron? Sheesh.

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 10:44 AM
It's been done at: Penn State, U Florida (both endzones however), and notably (for this situation) at MARYLAND. Maryland added 12,000 seats via one single upper deck to a lower deck that was 40 rows deep.
Have you ever been to Byrd? It is the WORST stadium addition I have ever seen in person. I sat in that upper deck two years ago and it sucked. We were so high up, the concourse was non-existant and I feared for my life (a little exaggeration) leaving the game with the massive crowd and minimal aisles. Also, Byrd may have more rows than Delaware Stadium, but the lower level is a more flat IMO.

Furthermore, that would be completely impractical for somewhere like UD where we're not looking at adding 10-20k.

If they're looking at just adding luxury and press facilities, I think the answer would be something like Weber did a couple years ago where they added what was basically a free standing building behind one of the sides.

http://www.weber.edu/WSUImages/wsutoday/ImagesofWSU/stadiumeast.jpg

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 10:49 AM
BTW, pretty cood pic of how steep the Tub is...

http://128.119.101.5/band/sections/sxt/Pictures/delstands.jpg

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 10:53 AM
BTW2, here is what DelState wanted to build in Dover. I am opposed to any permanent/costly additions to the Tub. I want a new one. :nod:

http://www.creativeanimation.com/Gallery/albums/DSU/DSU_StadiumB.jpg

Dane96
September 12th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Have you ever been to Byrd? It is the WORST stadium addition I have ever seen in person. I sat in that upper deck two years ago and it sucked. We were so high up, the concourse was non-existant and I feared for my life (a little exaggeration) leaving the game with the massive crowd and minimal aisles. Also, Byrd may have more rows than Delaware Stadium, but the lower level is a more flat IMO.

Furthermore, that would be completely impractical for somewhere like UD where we're not looking at adding 10-20k.

If they're looking at just adding luxury and press facilities, I think the answer would be something like Weber did a couple years ago where they added what was basically a free standing building behind one of the sides.

http://www.weber.edu/WSUImages/wsutoday/ImagesofWSU/stadiumeast.jpg

Yes, I have been to Byrd, my sister was a four year athlete at UMD. That is exactly why I said it could be done and it was a scary addition.

I will agree, it is slightly more level in the lower bowl, but the effect isn't that much on the expansion area. THAT THING WAS BUILT STRAIGHT DOWN....and I would never, ever sit in it.

The question was not whether it was a good addition, rather it was could it be done?! Clearly it can. Most of the SunBelt schools are like that and I believe VA. Tech is super steep.

Point is, if UD wanted to add 5,000 seats to both sides...it is clearly plausible. For an example, Rutgers upper decks are 5,000 each...and nary the steep addition.

Dane96
September 12th, 2006, 10:54 AM
BTW2, here is what DelState wanted to build in Dover. I am opposed to any permanent/costly additions to the Tub. I want a new one. :nod:

http://www.creativeanimation.com/Gallery/albums/DSU/DSU_StadiumB.jpg

That...we can agree on (we are undergoing the same thing at UA...where there is an expansion/rehab plan...or the new 20k seat job. And BTW...that is VERY similar looking to UA's proposed stadium...except the stadium would be mainly dug into the ground.

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Point is, if UD wanted to add 5,000 seats to both sides...it is clearly plausible. For an example, Rutgers upper decks are 5,000 each...and nary the steep addition.
Again, I'm not an engineer or accountant (but I did sleep at a...) but I would have to believe that an upper deck addition is a HUGE expenditure and would be completely cost in-effective way to add seats to the Tub. The easiest and least expensive would have to be replacing the NEZ with a taller structure. JMU's temporary in thier west(?) end zone would fit and would probably add 4k.

As for VT, yes you are correct that their endzone structure is like PSU's which are like a wall of concrete. The best addition I've ever seen to a stadium hands down is UVA. I don't say that because I'm a season ticket holder, but because you can't tell that it's an addition. If somebody didn't tell you where the addition started and ended, you'd never be able to tell.

http://www.virginia.edu/uvatours/slideshow/images/photoScottStadium.jpg

henfan
September 12th, 2006, 11:20 AM
89', Lane is impressive, as is Scott at UVa.

Dane96, hope to see you this Saturday at the Tub. PM me for directions.

HensRock
September 12th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I LOVE the Tub!
I LOVE the steep slopped stands. It has excellent, excellent sight lines and even from high up you can clearly see the feild action (you're not that far away from it).

I think the current pressbox should be demolished and a free-standing structure (like Weber State) built directly behind the West Stands. This new structure could incoporate luxury boxes to offset the cost.

Alternative is to redo the entire North EndZone. There was a plan about a year back mentioned that included skyboxes above bleacher seating in the NEZ. Whatever it is, we need to expand to AT LEAST 25,000. We are currently truning away students (that paid for tickets as part of their tuition package!) That is inexcusible.

Dane96
September 12th, 2006, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=89Hen]Again, I'm not an engineer or accountant (but I did sleep at a...) but I would have to believe that an upper deck addition is a HUGE expenditure and would be completely cost in-effective way to add seats to the Tub. The easiest and least expensive would have to be replacing the NEZ with a taller structure. JMU's temporary in thier west(?) end zone would fit and would probably add 4k.

As for VT, yes you are correct that their endzone structure is like PSU's which are like a wall of concrete. The best addition I've ever seen to a stadium hands down is UVA. I don't say that because I'm a season ticket holder, but because you can't tell that it's an addition. If somebody didn't tell you where the addition started and ended, you'd never be able to tell.
QUOTE]

Virginia is very impressive. I think Notre Dame and Tennesee did a great job as well. They are similar to Scott.

Sorry Henfan, wish I could make it...but if I left my work until the end of the construction overhaul by the Feds...I would probably be out of a job. Unfortunately, I will have to deal with getting my fix over the radio. :bawling:

bluehenbillk
September 12th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I LOVE the steep slopped stands. It has excellent, excellent sight lines and even from high up you can clearly see the feild action (you're not that far away from it).

I think the current pressbox should be demolished and a free-standing structure (like Weber State) built directly behind the West Stands. This new structure could incoporate luxury boxes to offset the cost.

Alternative is to redo the entire North EndZone. There was a plan about a year back mentioned that included skyboxes above bleacher seating in the NEZ. Whatever it is, we need to expand to AT LEAST 25,000. We are currently truning away students (that paid for tickets as part of their tuition package!) That is inexcusible.

I agree, I like the Tub. I'm not opposed to a new stadium, but I'm scared to death that it won't be as good. Sure there may be chairback seats & cupholders but most new stadiums are sloped differently & you do end up being further away from the action, which is my biggest fear for new digs.

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I love the Tub too, but IMO it's the 22,000 people that make it special. I agree that there are few bad seats in the house, but I've heard the same about Princeton's house (henfan, you've been there, no?). I would be opposed to any large expenditures that would prevent us from getting a new stadium in 5-10 years.

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 12:13 PM
most new stadiums are sloped differently & you do end up being further away from the action, which is my biggest fear for new digs.
However, I would have to believe any new stadium would be two decks which probably brings the top rows close to where they are now. We're fortunate to not have to worry about a track and we could put the stands right on top of the field. While I'm envious of Wash-Griz for the atmosphere, IMO the stands are too darn close to the sidelines for safety's sake.

Dane96
September 12th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I love the Tub too, but IMO it's the 22,000 people that make it special. I agree that there are few bad seats in the house, but I've heard the same about Princeton's house (henfan, you've been there, no?). I would be opposed to any large expenditures that would prevent us from getting a new stadium in 5-10 years.

I have been to four games at Princeton's new place. I dont know how ANYONE could complain about seating...it is fantastic.

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I have been to four games at Princeton's new place. I dont know how ANYONE could complain about seating...it is fantastic.
I'll have to try to find it, but I've seen the figure somewhere about how close the furthest seat is away from the field.

Here are some of the other stats from PU...

Seating Capacity 27,773 Seats including:
16,813 Seats in Lower Bowl
10,402 Seats in Upper Grandstands
Expandable to more than 30,000 using temporary seating

Lower Bowl Dimensions 3 ft. 0 in. above field level
21 rows, incl. wheelchair/companion row

Upper Grandstands Dimensions 19 rows

Rake Pitch 25 degrees in Lower Grandstands
30 degrees in Upper Grandstands

From pictures of different stadiums, it would seem that the upper decks are/can be more steep than the lower. One of the Missouri State posters put up a picture of their large home side where this can clearly be seen.

If UD were to build one like PU, I'd put even more seats in the upper deck to be at 30-32k permanent.

Dane96
September 12th, 2006, 12:31 PM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar/pics/coloursofprinceton/27.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar/pics/coloursofprinceton/index.html&h=200&w=300&sz=9&hl=en&start=34&tbnid=rLKJO1DDN-NBqM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dprinceton%2Bstadium%26start%3D20%26nd sp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

A view from the upperdeck.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.klaus-block.de/prsb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.klaus-block.de/prs.htm&h=384&w=512&sz=95&hl=en&start=50&tbnid=Xr_yLiyPPqS9mM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=128&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dprinceton%2Bstadium%26start%3D40%26nd sp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

That was the lower deck

LacesOut
September 12th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Been going to the Tub since the days of Gannon, off and on, and the one thing I've never liked is when I've sat in the corner sections, to see the action on the field at the other end, you basically have to stand up and rotate your body in that direction to see anything. So I'll usually sit in the SEZ with the students to alleviate that issue. Lots of good views from there, if ya know what I mean! (ahem, the college women)

Probably in the minority here, but I could care less about the press box and scoreboard and expansion. I'm not a die hard fan like the other UD fans on the board.

ngineer
September 12th, 2006, 01:22 PM
As someone else said most video boards are paid for with teh advertising they generate. Form my seat in the NEZ of WA-Griz I can only see about 1/2 of the end zone, so if a pass goes deep into the end zone I just look up at the scoreboard and there it is, or if the pass is dropped/penalty/etc. I am amazed how many times I thought I saw something on the field, then looked at the replay and saw it was quite different (usually a penalty).

Most times the replay shows the ref had it right and the fans were wrong, so as far as anger replays usually defuse anger, not ignite it. I'm all for replay screens and replays!

I can see your point with regard to stadiums that have obstructed views. I'm not used to that at Goodman, so that's why I guess I don't see the need for it.

BlueHenBoy
September 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Maybe they could destroy the north endzone and bushes and do what Seattle did, putting box seats on the ground right in the action. Then basically rebuild the stands. But reinforce the north endzone bathroom and place stands on top of that. I believe that is a good way to do it cause they have a lot of room on the north side. If they did that they should put a mini-score board, that just has score and time, and put it on top of the Bob. And if they had to bring it up to code I might cry if they take away "the wall". Although not ethical or comforting u gotta love it. It's what make the Tub, "The Tub".

For those who don't know what we are talking about:
http://content.imagesocket.com/images/stadiumseating7b4.gif (http://imagesocket.com/view/stadiumseating7b4.gif)

RadMann
September 12th, 2006, 07:23 PM
The field is Tubby Raymond Field. The stands and stadium are Delaware Stadium..... They should have named the Field House for Tubby and left the entire stadium Delaware Stadium..... Sorry, traditionalist here... ;)

ucdtim17
September 12th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I'm a little bummed we'll have a video board in the new stadium in Davis. As someone else mentioned, it's a slippery slope to the giant commercial you get at a lot of I-A stadiums (not to mention all the incredibly annoying graphics and music - "Get on your feet!!" "Make Noise!!!!!" etc etc). There's something to be said for a simple scoreboard and no video a la Notre Dame

89Hen
September 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM
The field is Tubby Raymond Field. The stands and stadium are Delaware Stadium..... They should have named the Field House for Tubby and left the entire stadium Delaware Stadium.....
I was totally bummed they put the "Raymond Field" back in the endzone on the new grass. I was hoping they'd put "Delaware" and "Blue Hens" in the two ez's. : smh :

LacesOut
September 13th, 2006, 07:29 AM
I was totally bummed they put the "Raymond Field" back in the endzone on the new grass. I was hoping they'd put "Delaware" and "Blue Hens" in the two ez's. : smh :

Agreed! And I would have liked to see some paint in that endzone. I remember for a season or two, years back, DELAWARE was in blue and in cursive (I think) in both endzones, with yellow/gold all around it and the yellow/gold covered about 75% of the endzone. (not sure if I'm explaining this correctly)

GannonFan
September 13th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, it's a silly thing, but putting Raymond Field in both endzones is just so blah - I don't see any reason why they couldn't go back to what they used to have in the endzones (Delaware or Blue Hens) and put the Raymond Field name somwhere else on the field.

bluehenbillk
September 13th, 2006, 10:23 AM
It would look good if one of the end zones was painted OMAR'S HOUSE.

GannonFan
September 13th, 2006, 10:41 AM
It would look good if one of the end zones was painted OMAR'S HOUSE.

We were talking about UD's stadium, not JMU's. ;)

89Hen
September 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
We were talking about UD's stadium, not JMU's. ;)
:eek: xlolx :bow: :hurray:

HENJOHN
September 13th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it's a silly thing, but putting Raymond Field in both endzones is just so blah - I don't see any reason why they couldn't go back to what they used to have in the endzones (Delaware or Blue Hens) and put the Raymond Field name somwhere else on the field.

I think we will see RAYMOND in the endzones as long as Tubby is still around.......

BlueHenBoy
September 17th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know what is up with the delaware score board...They no longer put up players names and stats when they make a play or the "Make some Noise" or "PENALTY" sign is never up and no words to the alma mater or national anthem what the heck?

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know what is up with the delaware score board...They no longer put up players names and stats when they make a play or the "Make some Noise" or "PENALTY" sign is never up and no words to the alma mater or national anthem what the heck?

UD ELECTRICIANS/LIQUID LUNCHES!........:eek::nod::eek:.........:rotateh:. ...AWK!