PDA

View Full Version : Oregonian more love for PSU

JALMOND
September 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM
In the Pac-10 roundup in today's Oregonian, Ken Goe, sports editor and writer of the Pac-10 roundup, attributes a quote from "a Bay Area columnist" as such, "So it is with a sigh of relief that (Cal coach Jeff) Tedford now begins what any respectable Pac-10 football coach covets: Portland State week." Goe's reply, "Uh, not to suggest the Vikings will win or anything but PSU is 2-0 and already has beaten a Division I-A team on the road this season. Maybe it won't be a breather." This is the same writer who a few years ago said that Portland is fortunate to have three big time football schools in the area; Oregon, Oregon State and Washington. Maybe miracles do happen.

I, for one, am going to have some fun this week. In light of this slight towards PSU from the Bay Area, this week I will refer to Cal as "UC-Berkeley", and I will also drop the "Golden" from their name. Hence, this week PSU will play UC-Berkeley Bears. Bears last week, Bears this week.

wannabegaucho
September 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I'm rooting for Portland State to beat the hippies here.

OrneryAggie
September 11th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I, for one, am going to have some fun this week. In light of this slight towards PSU from the Bay Area, this week I will refer to Cal as "UC-Berkeley", and I will also drop the "Golden" from their name. Hence, this week PSU will play UC-Berkeley Bears. Bears last week, Bears this week.

'UC-Berkeley' will get a mild reaction out of Kal fans. Calling them 'UCB' will get them really pissed off. It's kinda like calling UCLA 'Cal-LA.'

ASU Kep
September 11th, 2006, 08:18 PM
please, please, please beat them. i'll be rooting for ya'll.

blukeys
September 11th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Wear Orange uniforms they can't don't do well in that situation.