PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Cat's Thoughts On UND Loss......

Cap'n Cat
September 11th, 2006, 09:30 AM
First, a mighty hats off to the North Dakota team. You seem to have come ready to play and your coaches seem to have found the chinks in UNI's armor.

Second, for UNI fans:

Modesty in victory, graciousness in defeat.

Allow the Sioux to enjoy their time in the light. They beat us. We would expect nothing less had we done the same thing they did.

The game means little except that we could be out of the seeding race. Let's go for the conference title and see how things work out.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Way to go, Sioux! See ya down the road!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

elkmcc
September 11th, 2006, 09:58 AM
First, a mighty hats off to the North Dakota team. You seem to have come ready to play and your coaches seem to have found the chinks in UNI's armor.

Second, for UNI fans:

Allow the Sioux to enjoy their time in the light. They beat us. We would expect nothing less had we done the same thing they did.

The game means little except that we could be out of the seeding race. Let's go for the conference title and see how things work out.

Well said Cap'n. :hurray: My condolences on the loss.

Cap'n Cat
September 11th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Well said Cap'n. :hurray: My condolences on the loss.

Thanks, elky. Too big and happy a world to be angry at people.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

putter
September 11th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Hey Cappy,

I seem to remember a certain I-AA team, which I am fond of, losing to a D-II team and coming back to make the playoffs! :hurray:

Seasons not over yet.....

ChickenMan
September 11th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Hey Cappy,

I seem to remember a certain I-AA team, which I am fond of, losing to a D-II team and coming back to make the playoffs! :hurray:

Seasons not over yet.....

And I know of another pretty good I-AA that lost to a DII and went all the way to the Semi's

poly51
September 11th, 2006, 10:34 AM
And I know of another pretty good I-AA that lost to a DII and went all the way to the Semi's
I know of a pretty good I-AA team that lost to a D-II team and came back to win the I-AA National Championship.

Hansel
September 11th, 2006, 10:54 AM
tough loss for UNI with their schedule I don't think 8-3 will necessarily get them in the playoffs this year

Cap'n Cat
September 11th, 2006, 11:10 AM
tough loss for UNI with their schedule I don't think 8-3 will necessarily get them in the playoffs this year

Depends what happens with the conf, Hans. No sense speculating.

Gateway dogfight begins soon.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

PantherMan
September 11th, 2006, 11:14 AM

Disagree. With our defense, I don't know that we can get to 8-3, but if we do we'll be in the playoffs. If we lose to Iowa State in a few weeks, that's two losses. If we go thru the Gateway with 1 loss we'll be in the playoffs. I don't see us making it the entire season with 1 conference loss, but stranger things have happened. In fact, if we beat Iowa State, and lose two conference games, we're still in the playoffs hosting in the first round. You can think this is a "Homer Post"..but it is far from it. Our defense will need to improve 1000% before we even think about sniffing the playoffs this season...:twocents: xcoffeex

Cap'n Cat
September 11th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Disagree. With our defense, I don't know that we can get to 8-3, but if we do we'll be in the playoffs. If we lose to Iowa State in a few weeks, that's two losses. If we go thru the Gateway with 1 loss we'll be in the playoffs. I don't see us making it the entire season with 1 conference loss, but stranger things have happened. In fact, if we beat Iowa State, and lose two conference games, we're still in the playoffs hosting in the first round. You can think this is a "Homer Post"..but it is far from it. Our defense will need to improve 1000% before we even think about sniffing the playoffs this season...:twocents: xcoffeex

Hey, seems like just a bad game against an opponent who greatly surpriseed us and whom we underestimated. The sky is not falling.

PantherMan
September 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Hey, seems like just a bad game against an opponent who greatly surpriseed us and whom we underestimated. The sky is not falling.

Never said it is Cap'n. But our defense looked pretty bad at Drake as well; and luckily they just weren't a good team... Had Drake had a more confident Quarterback (he had nervous feet all night...), they'd have put at least a couple more scores up on us. Our defense is undersized, takes horrible tackling angles, tries to make arm tackles, and our linebackers have been non-existent...:twocents: Our offense will be just fine, but the defense needs A LOT of work.:eek:

Like I posted after the game, ND has a solid team and deserved to win this game. I wish them good luck the rest of the season. I underestimated them just as bad as our team did.

Cap'n Cat
September 11th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Never said it is Cap'n.

Didn't say you said it was. Message was for everyone.

:rotateh: :nono:

D1B
September 11th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Never said it is Cap'n. But our defense looked pretty bad at Drake as well; and luckily they just weren't a good team... Had Drake had a more confident Quarterback (he had nervous feet all night...), they'd have put at least a couple more scores up on us. Our defense is undersized, takes horrible tackling angles, tries to make arm tackles, and our linebackers have been non-existent...:twocents: Our offense will be just fine, but the defense needs A LOT of work.:eek:

Like I posted after the game, ND has a solid team and deserved to win this game. I wish them good luck the rest of the season. I underestimated them just as bad as our team did.

There is no doubt in my mind that Farley will figure it out.:nod:

Nice win for Nodak.

ISUMatt
September 11th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks UNI, all you have done is given the rest of the GFC false hope, when conference season starts and you guys start rollin, we are all gonna say damn you North Dakota!!!

birdsflyhigh
September 11th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Hope UNI does get it together and takes out Iowa St. Not sure that going 7-1 in the Gateway is your best bet. I'd have to say PantherMan has summed up UNI's situation pretty well. That UND loss is one that could really cost the Panthers. Hey, only two weeks ago from the Gateway...should be a wild race! :)

ISUMatt
September 11th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Even with an early loss and even if our matchup means everything or nothing, Im still coming for the ILS/UNI game folks!!! BOOK IT!!!

Pantherpower
September 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I must agree with my friend Cap'n Cat that the best team on that day (UND) won the game. They were not afraid to come into the UNI-Dome, nor were they afraid of our tradition. They EXPECTED to win and played that way. I respect the hell out of the UND team and program. It's time for the Fighting Sioux to focus on the rest of their season and it's sure as hell time for UNI to learn from this and then turn their focus to the Jackrabbits.

skinny_uncle
September 11th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Depends what happens with the conf, Hans. No sense speculating.

Gateway dogfight begins soon.

That's spelled Dawgfight!
GoSouthernGo (http://www.siuc.edu/media/Audio/GoSouthernGo.mp3)

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2006, 06:39 PM
UNI and GSU have some things in common this week :(

igo4uni
September 11th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Even with an early loss and even if our matchup means everything or nothing, Im still coming for the ILS/UNI game folks!!! BOOK IT!!!

Woo Hoo!!

Matt is coming to the fabulous UNI-Dome!!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Bison77
September 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I must agree with my friend Cap'n Cat that the best team on that day (UND) won the game. They were not afraid to come into the UNI-Dome, nor were they afraid of our tradition. They EXPECTED to win and played that way. I respect the hell out of the UND team and program. It's time for the Fighting Sioux to focus on the rest of their season and it's sure as hell time for UNI to learn from this and then turn their focus to the Jackrabbits.

You have to have a great D-Line if you want win (go far) in football. From what I heard and looking at the stats is the sioux O-Line handled the D-Line. Game over.

Cap'n Cat
September 12th, 2006, 11:01 AM
You have to have a great D-Line if you want win (go far) in football. From what I heard and looking at the stats is the sioux O-Line handled the D-Line. Game over.

You're right. That day.

:eyebrow:

GoGuins
September 12th, 2006, 11:20 AM

Second, for UNI fans:

Way to take it like a man Cat!:hurray:

Cap'n Cat
September 12th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Way to take it like a man Cat!:hurray:

No other way to take it. No whinin'. Give credit where credit is due!