5. Stephen F. Austin.............................. 27
6t. Nicholls.......................................... ....... 18
6t. Northwestern State......................... 18
8. Lamar............................................. ....... 15

www.southland.org

BEAR
July 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM
As they should....

NC appearance, a shared conference title, a comeback win by UCA AT UCA. Good reasons.

But NOT the same UCA team this year as last. Even better. NOW we have RBs. Now we have WR transfers. Now we have QB transfers. I expect AWESOME things from the Bears this year. I can see a shared title at WORST.

Sammy94
July 24th, 2013, 01:35 PM
My xtwocentsx

1.SHSU
2. UCA
3. SLU
4. McNeese
5. SFA
6. Lamar
7. NWST
8. Nicholls

BEAR
July 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
My picks:

1.SHSU
1. UCA
3. McNeese
4. SFA
5. SLU
6. Lamar
7. NWST
8. Nicholls

Sammy94
July 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I can see a shared title at WORST.

I think everyone shares Mr. Flanders goal around here, so sharing the SLC is fine by me.

BEAR
July 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Just remember #33 Danzel Williams ... as he breaks SLC rushing records in the 3 years he has left.

Danzin' Danzel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chB3UNzll-s&feature=youtu.be

Sammy94
July 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
4. Stephen F. Austin (1)...................... 32

Must of been Conque?? xcrazyx

BEAR
July 24th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Must of been Conque?? xcrazyx

Yeah, I doubt that...he'd vote for Sammy most likely...I wonder who voted SFA...Do we find out who voted what? If he voted SFA, he's making decisions lately that puzzle the mind. He offered a soph. QB in high school the other day. Really? A soph?

BisonFan02
July 24th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I think everyone shares Mr. Flanders goal around here, so sharing the SLC is fine by me.

We could probably get him another ring pic to put on his phone too if he would like... :D

Sammy94
July 24th, 2013, 02:37 PM
We could probably get him another ring pic to put on his phone too if he would like...

Couldn't hurt, perhaps that is what got us there last year. Maybe seeing 2 of them will be the final motivation needed.

Sammy94
July 24th, 2013, 02:40 PM
he's making decisions lately that puzzle the mind

On and off the field. xthumbsupx

BEAR
July 24th, 2013, 02:50 PM
On and off the field. xthumbsupx

His on field decisions have worked brilliantly. His off field ones confuse the frick out of me. Stripes? matte grey helmets? Adidas? whatever... xlolx

BEAR
July 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Smothers opinion of being picked second.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/998733_10151466308536580_1960076041_n.jpg

Say what????

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/970163_10151466308541580_1093375240_n.jpg

Those are too funny! What is he thinking for real???

gobears14
July 24th, 2013, 03:23 PM
When will they vote for the all-conference teams?

TheRevSFA
July 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I like the matte helmets UCA has.

I think if Attaway can keep his INT number under 20 for the season, we will finish in the top 3....

But it's going to be a long year if he's over 40 like last year.

TheRevSFA
July 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I also think UCA wins the conference. I don't think Sam will have the defense it had last season

BEAR
July 24th, 2013, 04:08 PM
This is how I see it:

UCA lost some real productive receivers from last year.

Sam lost some real destructive defenders from last year.

UCA picked up some FBS transfer receivers this year.

Sam has what returning on defense and has added what on defense?

Will Sam's AD get a schedule in their favor...for once?

Will McNeese ever sort out that mess and return to the top?

Will SFA try to outscore their opponents again this year?

Will Nicholls fold football after this year?

How big were those transfers for SELA? How far will they take them?

gobears14
July 24th, 2013, 08:47 PM
This is how I see it:

UCA lost some real productive receivers from last year.

Sam lost some real destructive defenders from last year.

UCA picked up some FBS transfer receivers this year.

Will McNeese ever sort out that mess and return to the top?

Will Nicholls fold football after this year?

xlolx

I think Dezmin Lewis is gonna have a big year though. He'll be the main guy finally.

lionsrking2
July 24th, 2013, 09:43 PM

It's not just transfers. We're bigger, stronger, faster, more talented and have more depth across the board, not to mention a full year with this coaching staff ... I don't make predictions other than I'm pretty confident we'll have a good year.

Sammy94
July 24th, 2013, 11:21 PM
I don't think the defense will be much different then last year's ( tough against the run, suspect against the pass ). The O line is the bigger concern for me. I'm glad to we have early games against HBU, TSU, IWU this season to give this group a chance to gel. I think all cylinders will be firing once EWU comes to town and into SLC play. I have no doubt that Fritz will have this team ready to defend the SLC title. It seems the other coaches recognize this also.

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2013, 07:56 AM
UCA still wins for ugliest turf in the conference.

Sammy94
July 25th, 2013, 08:21 AM

Added Mike Collins from McNeese , the mentor of Scott Stoker, replaces Scott as DC. I don't see a big change here on game plan.
D Line will be solid, Fritz himself said this will be the best one he has had at SHSU. LB gets back starter Jesse Beuachamp and 3 year letterman Eric Fielo from a medical redshirt. Speaking of medical redshirts, after a medical redshirt in 2011 and a suspension in 2012, LB Tanner Brock, a former Phil Steele third-team All-American and an SI.com honorable-mention All-American transfer from TCU will return to action in 2013 for the Bearkats. Secondary, Bookie Sneed is the only starter returning. Chris Grett (Bell's replacement last year) and Boise State transfer, Eric Agbaroji will fill the safety spot. The back-ups of the DBs lost, which saw plenty of playing time last year, will fill the rest. I am very confident after seeing the spring game that the defense doesn't miss a step. With the addition of Brock, this unit may even be better than 2012 against the run and applying pressure to the QB.

No, I don't think that is part of his plan.

Sammy94
July 25th, 2013, 08:26 AM
UCA still wins for ugliest turf in the conference.

It's so ugly I can't watch it on TV, so I'll be there in person this year.

Catatonic
July 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I wonder where the three new teams will fit in the SLC pecking order when they join the SLC next year?

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I wonder where the three new teams will fit in the SLC pecking order when they join the SLC next year?

UIW and HBU will be joining Lamar and Nicholls in the cellar. I am not sure about ACU though..I think they will come out like UCA did.

I look forward to us playing each other.

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2013, 09:48 AM
It's so ugly I can't watch it on TV, so I'll be there in person this year.

UCA is a campus worth the visit.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 25th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I'll be interested to see how MSU fairs against SFA early in the season. It was an instant classic last year. Should be more of the same this season.....

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I'll be interested to see how MSU fairs against SFA early in the season. It was an instant classic last year. Should be more of the same this season.....

You should come pay us a visit.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 25th, 2013, 09:52 AM

I'll have to ask Coach Ash if there's any room on the charter! I should have went to the game last year. Instead, I was in Missoula for their blowout win against Liberty.

Sammy94
July 25th, 2013, 09:55 AM
UIW and HBU will be joining Lamar and Nicholls in the cellar. I am not sure about ACU though..I think they will come out like UCA did.

I look forward to us playing each other.

I agree, I think ACU competes right out the gates.

Sammy94
July 25th, 2013, 10:03 AM
UCA is a campus worth the visit.

I have a feeling this game will be for the SLC title, so I think many Bearkats will make this trip in November.

McNeese72
July 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I'm comfortable with where McNeese is selected.

We will put some decent players on the field. Hopefully, we can dodge the unusual amount of injuries we had the last several seasons.

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
July 25th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I dunno Doc, we lost some good ones...and then we lost a great defensive coach to Sam Houston. I'm not sure how we overcome that...

I think we might be picked a tad bit high...

McNeese72
July 25th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I dunno Doc, we lost some good ones...and then we lost a great defensive coach to Sam Houston. I'm not sure how we overcome that...

I think we might be picked a tad bit high...

Yeah, thinking about it, after all the players we lost, maybe one slot above Nicholls would have been more realistic.

Doc

Sammy94
July 25th, 2013, 11:09 AM
we lost a great defensive coach to Sam Houston. I'm not sure how we overcome that...

Got a pretty good replacement. McNeese is always tough, I can see the Cowboys upsetting a team or two. Just hope its not us. Would not surprise me if they were still in the title hunt at the end.

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I have a feeling this game will be for the SLC title, so I think many Bearkats will make this trip in November.

Nah..I think SFA is going to win it solo.......

....I couldn't even type that with a straight face. I'll be happy if we finish over .500 this year and we can get rid of Attaway

fmrbearkat
July 25th, 2013, 11:41 AM
This will be the best DLine we have ever put on the field and i would venture to say at the end of the year we will have the best LB core in the Nation. We have 4 that could start on 90% of the teams. Hell Beuchamp IMO is not even going to start because of Tanner Brock and Beuchamp was all conference last year. Fielo had a medical redshirt and didn't play last year and the coaches think so much of what he did in 2011 that they have him as 1st string all conference this year. We do have a couple question marks in the defensive backfield but as good as our db's were last year they gave up alot of big big plays. This years group can't be much worse and with that front we will be providing plenty of pressure! It will be nearly impossible to run on this group just as in years past. TB, Feilo and Beuchamp can beat anybody to the sidelines and are crazy strong!

The only question mark i have is our OL. We have tremendous talent there but very very little experience. Experience is THE ONLY way you truly learn game speed blitz pick up, twists and the ability to read the keys the defense gives you presnap. Once they learn that it becomes second nature and you don't even have to think. Thinking will get an OLman in trouble real quick! I have no doubt that every team will test us and test us often with exoctic blitzes to see just how quickly these boys learn! If they learn quick and handle whats thrown at them then we will be making another playoff run...if not its going to be a long season!

SFA 93
July 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM

Isn't that what you are suppose to do in football? xrulesx

BEAR
July 25th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Isn't that what you are suppose to do in football? xrulesx

I emphasize "try"....xlolx...

BEAR
July 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM

Don't fall for it! He's trying to lure you into the water! xlolx

TheRevSFA
July 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Don't fall for it! He's trying to lure you into the water! xlolx

I blame the monsoon on your fans

gobears14
July 25th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Man nearly half of our defense was named first team all-southland. Hope they can live up to it.