PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week 3

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Last one a rough week for the SoCon. :asswhip: Some of the losses understandable :nod: Some very very confusing.:confused:

Week Three

Mars Hill at Appalachian State – Don’t go to sleep boys.

ASU by 30.

Furman at North Carolina. – There was lots of talk prior to the season on whether this would be one of the I-AA over I-A wins. While it is still possible, there are a couple of things working against a Furman win other than 22 more scholarships. The first one is UNC is 0-2. If UNC loses this one, the fat lady has sung. The second reason is we are two games in to the season and Furman’s offense is still asleep. Less than 300 yards against West Georgia ain’t gonna cut it against the Heels. Furman has more than a little chance to beat them with a defense that probably can keep the game in reach. But that chance is only gonna happen if Furman can score a few more points than the last two games.

UNC by 17.

Eastern Kentucky at Western Carolina – EKU beat their rival and won the battle for the bluegrass state for the first time in a few years. Western Carolina had a week to rest and prepare. Lots of different theories on whether the rest helps or hurts, but EKU is going to have a tough time getting up twice in a row. (Besides, the OVC had two good OOC wins last week; they aren’t due again for a couple of years:eek: :o )

Western proves they are top 25 material winning by 4.

Coastal Carolina at Georgia Southern …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………….
:confused: xidiotx xcoffeex :read: :eek: :bang: : smash : : retard : : flamemad xidiotx :mad: :o :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don’t have a clue.

Wofford at South Carolina – I wish South Carolina had at least scored against Georgia

South Carolina by 30. (You know Spurrier doesn’t mind running up the score. I might have to think about this one and raise the beating a little)

Chattanooga at Western Kentucky

Interesting that the other side of the Battle for the Bluegrass state plays a SoCon team also. The difference is that it isn’t played in SoCon Territory. Chattanooga is getting better but my argument against them this year has been their four home game schedule is too tough. Put the game among the ravenous crowds at Chattanooga ( OK I exaggerate) and I pick Chattanooga, but that is not where they are playing.

WKU by 10.

Presbyterian at Elon

It's already an interesting year. Charleston Southern beats PC but not by lot. PC beats West Georgia by an amount not totally unlike the amount of Furman’s victory over W Georgia. Charleston Southern beats the Citadel and Elon beats Coastal Carolina. Coastal Carolina beats Wofford. What does it all mean? Probably nothing.:p

Elon by 17.

Citadel open…

And thank god after that embarrassment last week.:mad: :D

Georgia Southern and Coastal Carolina. REVISITED

Coastal Carolina showed they have a lot of fight. No giving up for those boys. Wofford has a good team and Spartanburg is not an easy place to win. Honestly, if CCU could have found the end zone once or twice when in the red zone against Elon they would be 2-0. So how good is CCU. Honestly that is not the question.:nono: :nono: :nono: The question is how bad is GSU? Was that just one step along the road for the new Georgia Southern? I am sure it has been said (probably all over the Southern Connection:nod: ), but if Georgia Southern runs their famed option, they would have beat CCSU no matter how mediocre the GSU defense looked. There is no way they would have scored less than 30 points. OK, so the sacrifices are going to be made this year for future glory. Times have changed. Georgia Southern is going to struggle off and on all year. They are going to wing some and they are going to lose some. But pride, athleticism and a winning tradition is not going to disappear over night or permanently. If they were running the option I would pick GSU, They aren’t and the defense is going to have their hands full again.

CCU by 4.:eek:

Actually my first answer of I don't have a clue is a better one:nod: :D

rokamortis
September 11th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Like I said on Coastalfans - I think GSU may put some emphasis on the option this week since we had trouble stopping Wofford. Maybe they will stick with the multiple offense and try to get it fixed - seems like if they are really building for the future they would do that.

What do y'all think?

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Like I said on Coastalfans - I think GSU may put some emphasis on the option this week since we had trouble stopping Wofford. Maybe they will stick with the multiple offense and try to get it fixed - seems like if they are really building for the future they would do that.

What do y'all think?

That is a good question. I actually thought we might see more option this year anyway but it did not happen in the CCSU game. If BVG wants to win a little more this year I think the answer will be yes. If he is committed to progressing the new scheme as fast as possible the answer is no. He seems to be catching some crap from the fans ( at least on the message boards) but I don't think at this point he is too worried about the crap.

In the other hand, he is a coach and coaches like to win. :nod:

AppGuy04
September 11th, 2006, 07:40 AM
The Furman of last year would beat UNC. The Furman so far this year is gonna get spanked. Sorry OL, I hope they improve but they haven't played well thus far.

rokamortis
September 11th, 2006, 07:43 AM
That is a good question. I actually thought we might see more option this year anyway but it did not happen in the CCSU game. If BVG wants to win a little more this year I think the answer will be yes. If he is committed to progressing the new scheme as fast as possible the answer is no. He seems to be catching some crap from the fans ( at least on the message boards) but I don't think at this point he is too worried about the crap.

In the other hand, he is a coach and coaches like to win. :nod:

But coaches can also be stubborn. I could see BVG not wanting to do any option because it could be seen as he made a bad choice earlier removing it completely.

If i were a fan of GSU I'd want him to win no matter what - but if I was a coach and really trying to rebuild I'd want to keep to my gameplan. Will be interesting.

AppGuy04
September 11th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I would not be surprised if Coastal beats GSU. Putting up 41 points on Wofford is no small feat, and we saw that GSU struggled on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively, we aren't really sure about them.

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 07:50 AM
The Furman of last year would beat UNC. The Furman so far this year is gonna get spanked. Sorry OL, I hope they improve but they haven't played well thus far.

Defense will keep them ahead for many games. but to be top ten or twenty caliber, the O has got to start doing something. \

Of Course remember, they really didn't play that well for the first half of the season last year either.

rokamortis
September 11th, 2006, 07:52 AM
I would not be surprised if Coastal beats GSU. Putting up 41 points on Wofford is no small feat, and we saw that GSU struggled on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively, we aren't really sure about them.
I don't know. Georgia Southern is still Georgia Freaking Southern and they don't take well to losing, especially at home, even more so twice in a row. If Coastal comes to play I think we'll have a nice, tight game. If not, then GSU is 1-1. I do expect GSU to be ready to play and fix their mistakes. We had very similar season openers as it pertains to mistakes and execution.

Much like my opinion about Coastal after the Elon loss - you can't tell much about one game, especially the opener. Even after our Wofford win - did we play good or Wofford play bad? It will be interesting.

AppGuy04
September 11th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I don't know. Georgia Southern is still Georgia Freaking Southern and they don't take well to losing, especially at home, even more so twice in a row. If Coastal comes to play I think we'll have a nice, tight game. If not, then GSU is 1-1. I do expect GSU to be ready to play and fix their mistakes. We had very similar season openers as it pertains to mistakes and execution.

Much like my opinion about Coastal after the Elon loss - you can't tell much about one game, especially the opener. Even after our Wofford win - did we play good or Wofford play bad? It will be interesting.

Attitude only takes you so far, see I-AA's competing for a quarter or two then falling off. If they can't run the offense they are trying to run, then they will struggle period, doesn't matter how hyped up they are.

Eaglegus2
September 11th, 2006, 08:00 AM

What do y'all think?

I hate to tell you but, there is no option.

BVG will continue to use his mutiple offense. I would hope that the ball will be thrown more vertical up the field and the receivers make more catches.

I cannot tell you how GSU will fare this weekend against Coastal Carolina.

I can tell you that the Team was practicing yesterday in full pads.

The bright spot was Chris Covington. He ran for over 200 yards. He will be another great back at GSU if he stays healthy.

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 08:01 AM
They struggled the first part of last year also.

Barely beat NE, loss to McNeese and then lose to Wofford. Last years defense never really came around.

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 08:02 AM
I hate to tell you but, there is no option.

BVG will continue to use his mutiple offense. I would hope that the ball will be thrown more vertical up the field and the receivers make more catches.

I cannot tell you how GSU will fare this weekend against Coastal Carolina.

I can tell you that the Team was practicing yesterday in full pads.

The bright spot was Chris Covington. He ran for over 200 yards. He will be another great back at GSU if he stays healthy.

Yes Covington looked very impressive.

straightshooter
September 11th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I fully expect to see an improved GSU against CCU. The defense should look better with the return of Mohring and Barker (6'4", 295 lb.).

Covington did look really good. Hopefully Lamar Lewis (FSU transfer - 200 lb. and 4.4 speed) will be ready. He missed the CCSU game with an injury. He'll provide a good change of pace for the offense.

Maybe Herreria (MSU transfer 305 lb) and Jensen (starting tackle) will be ready as well. GSU needs them on the OL. They missed the CCSU game as well.

VanGorder said that the CCSU game plan called for a short passing game to get Clark more used to managing the game on the field. As a result, the only time GSU went deep was the last play of the first half when Clark hit Smiley in the end zone. Clark has an arm. That ball traveled a good 65 yards in the air.

With five different WR who run 4.4 or better, expect GSU to stretch the field a bit against CCU. We did't get to see that against CCSU, but my guess is that CCU better be ready for it.

The new offense at GSU will take some time to get used to. GSU fans are accustomed to a quick strike offense with speed everywhere. The speed still exists, but it is being used differently.

walliver
September 11th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Wofford at South Carolina – I wish South Carolina had at least scored against Georgia

South Carolina by 30. (You know Spurrier doesn’t mind running up the score. I might have to think about this one and raise the beating a little)

After giving up 41 points last week, I'm not sure we can keep the game that close. Carolina's offense hasn't done much this year, but, injuries have decimated our secondary. We had a wide receiver playing cornerback last week. Our only hope is that our offense can run a long time-consuming touchdown drive every time we have the ball.

SoCon48
September 11th, 2006, 09:22 AM
After giving up 41 points last week, I'm not sure we can keep the game that close. Carolina's offense hasn't done much this year, but, injuries have decimated our secondary. We had a wide receiver playing cornerback last week. Our only hope is that our offense can run a long time-consuming touchdown drive every time we have the ball.

Ohhh. You mean South Carolina. Furman has THE Caroilina on their schedule.;)

AppGuy04
September 11th, 2006, 09:25 AM

wait, UNC actually has football fans? I thought basketball was the only sport they played, just like Duke:rolleyes:

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 09:26 AM

I think his comment works for either Carolina
:nod: :smiley_wi

Unfortunately, it also would work for Furman

Ronald Sconyers
September 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
That was one of the sloppiest wins I have ever seen. I hope we were just holding back and we have some cards up our sleeves for this weekend. If not, we will definitely be wiping the tar off our @$$ all the way back to G'ville.

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 02:43 PM
That was one of the sloppiest wins I have ever seen. I hope we were just holding back and we have some cards up our sleeves for this weekend. If not, we will definitely be wiping the tar off our @$$ all the way back to G'ville.

Welcome aboard Ronnie.

Let's hope we stay tar-free:smiley_wi

AppGuy04
September 11th, 2006, 02:47 PM
You know I'll be pulling for the Furples double this week, as an App fan and as an NC State fan

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 02:50 PM
You know I'll be pulling for the Furples double this week, as an App fan and as an NC State fan

I know. There is no way I let you forget this:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppGuy04
GO PALADINS!

AppGuy04
September 11th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I know. There is no way I let you forget this:D

In this case, it definitely applies.

Coastal89
September 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I've got a feeling that Wofford should be prepared to see Syvelle Newton at QB on Saturday.

fuEMO
September 11th, 2006, 03:28 PM

Ronald, all I can say is based on seeing a few pre-season practices and some game practice for JSU, Furman's plan was to run base vanilla stuff in the first two games. Gray's injury also played a big role in this. And most of the talk around Furman is Gray's timing is off due to reps. I too was disappointed in the offensive performance but the comments from the players and the coaches show that they won't accept this level of play. I think we will see better technique and execution from the oline and the coaches have to let Gray make some plays.

Furman has a history of opening up the playbook against I-A schools and taking some chances because they have nothing to lose, plus most I-A schools don't see the base offense Furman runs and they have alot of in-game adjustments. Think back to the Clemson game in 03.

I don't think its as bad in Furman Land as some on here are posting. The Furman defense is light years ahead of last season, the reason. Experience from last season, depth and team speed. Furman is averaging 23 defensive players having at least 1 tackle in the first two games. Special teams big improvement on coverage and returns. Main reason here speed at the return position, Stepp, Middleton and Austin are lethal.

Furman is playing 8 freshmen on the two deep on offense, we graduated 3 olinemen that together had over 7,000 snaps. It might take a couple more games to get this offense clicking. Considering all that I'll take 2-0 and going up to Chapel Hill to give'em some hell.

Appdad
September 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Furman will beat UNC

Georgia Southern will win IF FOSTER GETS THE BALL!

How does FOSTER go a whole game and NOT TOUCH THE BALL?????

fuEMO
September 11th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Furman will beat UNC

Georgia Southern will win IF FOSTER GETS THE BALL!

How does FOSTER go a whole game and NOT TOUCH THE BALL?????

Foster is a big weapon, I'm sure by the time they play APP and Furman they will figure many ways to get Foster touches, he has the potential to be a Reggie Bush-Lite.

Furman has a similar sparkplug in true freshman Adam Mims. He will remind you APP guys of DeVon Fowlkes a little bit. He turned the best times on the 40 and the cones at the Auburn and UAB camps last season. Very polished for a true freshman receiver.

atlGAmocs
September 11th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Last one a rough week for the SoCon. :asswhip: Some of the losses understandable :nod: Some very very confusing.:confused:

Week Three

Chattanooga at Western Kentucky

Interesting that the other side of the Battle for the Bluegrass state plays a SoCon team also. The difference is that it isn’t played in SoCon Territory. Chattanooga is getting better but my argument against them this year has been their four home game schedule is too tough. Put the game among the ravenous crowds at Chattanooga ( OK I exaggerate) and I pick Chattanooga, but that is not where they are playing.

WKU by 10.

OL FU you are breaking my heart:bawling: . I think the Mocs get it done in Bowling Green. I see this game much like last year's game at Jax St. Mocs will win a close one behind the running of Eldra Buckley. In addition the Mocs run defense continues to impress. The Big Red Blobs won't have the potent passing attack of Memphis. Mocs win 24 - 20.

OL FU
September 11th, 2006, 04:33 PM
OL FU you are breaking my heart:bawling: . I think the Mocs get it done in Bowling Green. I see this game much like last year's game at Jax St. Mocs will win a close one behind the running of Eldra Buckley. In addition the Mocs run defense continues to impress. The Big Red Blobs won't have the potent passing attack of Memphis. Mocs win 24 - 20.

I hope you are right:nod:

Tealblood
September 11th, 2006, 07:12 PM
good friend went to see UNC -Va tech last week not really a fan of either just went with his sons while out of town. Said Furman has a real shot UNC is real real bad. Va Tech right now is not very impressive. even so could have done a lot more damage to UNC but flopped a bunch

catamount man
September 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM
ASU over Mars Hill 54-3

UNC over Furman 20-10 (hope you Paladins prove me wrong)

WCU over EKU 17-14 (gotta a feeling the fans of both will feel very spent by the end of this one)

UTC rolls WKU 38-20

S.Carolina spanks Wofford 38-7

Ga.Southern 17 CCU 7

Elon 13
PC 0
(UGLY GAME)

Citadel (watching the Pitt game on ESPN Gameplan)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ASU Kep
September 11th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Foster is a big weapon, I'm sure by the time they play APP and Furman they will figure many ways to get Foster touches, he has the potential to be a Reggie Bush-Lite.

Furman has a similar sparkplug in true freshman Adam Mims. He will remind you APP guys of DeVon Fowlkes a little bit. He turned the best times on the 40 and the cones at the Auburn and UAB camps last season. Very polished for a true freshman receiver.

Blasphemy!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: xidiotx

oh boy...I hope not...

fuEMO
September 11th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I can't remember Fowkles size but Mims is 5-8, 180. The thing I remember about Fowkles is his acceleration after a catch. He looked like he had a jet pack on. Mims is the same way. He could be quite a weapon in the slot and receiver. Mims has potential but he has a long way to go to be a player like Fowkles.

PaladinFan
September 11th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Anyone looks bad against VT just about.

UNC's 0-2 record will work against Furman, I think. John Bunting will not only be coaching for the win, but most likely to keep his job. Furman almost ran Walt Harris out of town at Pitt a few years ago...

OL FU is right, Furman has shown nothing outside of a base offense. It is as if the offense played just well enough to win both of the first two games. With a player of Gray's calibre, and the offensive backfield we possess, there is no way the offense should look this vanilla this early. I think Bobby Lamb knows what he's doing.

I remember Ingle Martin was quoted that he didn't think it was possible for him to throw 3 ints in a game until he did against Gardner Webb. I am hoping that Dailey at UNC has the same idea, that he will be able to dominate a lower division on skill alone.

Furman's defense is nasty. I look for them to keep it close. We give up A LOT of size to UNC's recievers at the defensive back spot, that typically haunts us at least once or twice a game.

I'll be fine if we lose, but I want them to daggum remember they played the Paladins.

BULLDOG8180
September 11th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Good luck to the Paladins (man it hurts to say that), Terriers, Eagles, Catamounts, Mocs, and Christians or whoever Elon is.

Sorry for any embarrassment to the SOCON, But believe me, I felt it worse than you guys.:( :bawling:

I witnessed the worst half of football I have ever seen at Johnson-Hagood Saturday, and believe me, I have seen some bad ones. Even played in some bad ones, but not like that. How do you go through a quarter without a first down, and never attempt a pass? :bang: Baffles me, xidiotx QB Lawson ended up 21-26 for 205 yds no ints. , but in the 1st Quarter 0-0.

Anyway, we take the we off, and get ready studying up :read: on Pittsburgh. I sure was hoping we'd be 1-1 headed to Pitt.

OL FU
September 12th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Anyone looks bad against VT just about.

UNC's 0-2 record will work against Furman, I think. John Bunting will not only be coaching for the win, but most likely to keep his job. Furman almost ran Walt Harris out of town at Pitt a few years ago...

OL FU is right, Furman has shown nothing outside of a base offense. It is as if the offense played just well enough to win both of the first two games. With a player of Gray's calibre, and the offensive backfield we possess, there is no way the offense should look this vanilla this early. I think Bobby Lamb knows what he's doing.

I remember Ingle Martin was quoted that he didn't think it was possible for him to throw 3 ints in a game until he did against Gardner Webb. I am hoping that Dailey at UNC has the same idea, that he will be able to dominate a lower division on skill alone.

Furman's defense is nasty. I look for them to keep it close. We give up A LOT of size to UNC's recievers at the defensive back spot, that typically haunts us at least once or twice a game.

I'll be fine if we lose, but I want them to daggum remember they played the Paladins.

Statistically we are almost the reverse of last year.
Early in the 2005 season we were near the top of I-AA offensively and the bottom defensively. Reverse that this year.

Like EMO says ( only different:D ) we have the capability to be good offensively. Two things have to happen. One the O-line has to protect better on passing ( we are young there this year ) and Gray has to complete some passes. I don't care how good your rushing attack is, unless you run 100% option, you have to pass or the world concentrates on stopping your rush and will do it. I firmly believe the offense will get much better, I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

PS, any body think maybe Gray put on too much weight. He looks strong but he is about 235. ( I think) I would think that has to decrease mobility some.

OL FU
September 12th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Good luck to the Paladins (man it hurts to say that),

Thanks and I understand:)

fuEMO
September 12th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Hunter Reid, Furman SID has Gray listed at 238 on the depth chart. As the season goes on I would expect him to lose some to maybe around 235. Gray is just a big man.

Talk about what losing weight will do for your speed Cedrick Gipson looked like he was shot out of a cannon Saturday. Dropping 10 pounds seems to have made a big difference.

Paladin Fan made a good point about Furman's DBs matching up to UNCs receivers. Size is on their side but the rotation of Castleberry, Middleton, Austin, Holmes is a major improvement from last season.

I look for Blocker to make his presence known early.

drjman
September 12th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Furman Quarterbacking: the past, present, and future....

http://homepage.mac.com/drjman/.Pictures/FUCITADEL/_MG_2641web.jpg

picture by me ;)

drjman
September 12th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Here's hoping the El Cid does this to Pitt, too! Check out the chick in the third row--she's pissed!

http://homepage.mac.com/drjman/.Pictures/Samples/madfans.jpg

and this:

http://homepage.mac.com/drjman/.Pictures/Samples/westtouch2.jpg

Pics by me:)

OL FU
September 12th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Furman Quarterbacking: the past, present, and future....

http://homepage.mac.com/drjman/.Pictures/FUCITADEL/_MG_2641web.jpg

picture by me ;)

Nice one:nod:

OL FU
September 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Here's hoping the El Cid does this to Pitt, too! Check out the chick in the third row--she's pissed!

http://homepage.mac.com/drjman/.Pictures/Samples/madfans.jpg

and this:

http://homepage.mac.com/drjman/.Pictures/Samples/westtouch2.jpg

Pics by me:)

That is one we should have won. :nod:

PaladinFan
September 12th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I think it will be a low scorer, no matter who wins.

Furman's offense has been a bit lax, but the defense! Furman is 2-0 and gave up 110 yrds to UWG and only 250 to Jacksonville State. That is just plain silly.

You're right, Blocker will be known early. I don't think I have seen many harder hitters in college football (with possible exceptions being Greg Blue at UGA and a few others). That knock on Stacy Tutt last year raised hard hits to a whole new level. He put a pop on Clay Green that I would imagine he is still feeling. You got some thunder if you stop a Payton candidate dead in his tracks in the open field and knock him backwards.

Like I said, if we win or lose, I want them to remember they played Furman. Knock that baby blue around.

catamount man
September 12th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I was rooting like crazy that day for you guys to beat Pitt. Mark May was so mad at his alma mater that he ripped them verbally on ESPN later that night. It was great, but my favorite comment that day came from Lamb. Some Pittsburgh reporter made a comment about how Pitt was their "Super Bowl" and Lamb replied by saying WCU (the next game) was Furman's most important game of the year since it was the first SoCon game. Laid that smack back!!! Good luck against the Tar Holes!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

FUwolfpacker
September 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM
That Pitt game still hurts. Up what...17? going into the fourth and we lose in OT. sigh... Oh well, here's to taking out the baby blue!

Like paladinfan said, I don't know if we'll win, but I do want them know they were in a battle. Plus, if UNC were to lose this game, Chapel Hill might implode...which wouldn't hurt my feelings:p

Toppermaniac
September 12th, 2006, 11:26 PM

Wake up Alice. You ain't in Wonderland anymore!!!!!! Get ready for a pissed off bunch of Toppers.

El_Cid_99
September 13th, 2006, 08:37 AM
I'll be keenly keeping an eye on that Furman game at Chapel Hill this weekend. There would be an absolute meltdown there if the Paladins come away with the win.

I'm assuming that Sexton is going to get a lot more snaps this Saturday for the Heels.

Anyone know if that game is on radio in the Charleston, SC area? I don't see it listed.

drjman
September 13th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Prolly not on radio.

It's on ESPNU at 7 pm I think and will likely be on XM? And I think its still free on the web.

BTW El Cid photos from csu-cit on my blog --some you might find entertaining under photos 3. Game action at photos 4.

www.CSUBucs.com

OL FU
September 13th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I'll be keenly keeping an eye on that Furman game at Chapel Hill this weekend. There would be an absolute meltdown there if the Paladins come away with the win.

I'm assuming that Sexton is going to get a lot more snaps this Saturday for the Heels.

Anyone know if that game is on radio in the Charleston, SC area? I don't see it listed.

The word is Sexton is starting

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060913/SPORTS0103/609130399/1027

AppGuy04
September 13th, 2006, 09:08 AM
The word is Sexton is starting

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060913/SPORTS0103/609130399/1027

too bad for you, Joe "Interception" Daley is goodxlolx

atlGAmocs
September 13th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Wake up Alice. You ain't in Wonderland anymore!!!!!! Get ready for a pissed off bunch of Toppers.

We'll see if the Tops can stop Eldra Buckly (highly unlikely). I don't see WKU running against the Mocs, they allowed 99 to Memphis and less than 40 to TTU. I think UTC will make a statement in Bowling Green. I am revising my prediction Mocs win big 35 - 10.:hurray:

SouthernEagle02
September 13th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I don't care how ugly it is or how it comes about, I just hope we win. Oh & I'll go with Furman over UNC, regardless if its Sexton or Dailey at qb for UNC.

MountaineerDrive
September 13th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I'll be shocked and happy if ASU's offense scores as many points as some of you guys are predicting...and now for something even more shocking...GO FURMAN BEAT UNC!!!

YoUDeeMan
September 13th, 2006, 10:26 PM
FYI for you SoCon/Wofford fans...

South Carolina QB Mitchell Arrested
By Associated Press
Wed Sep 13, 4:19 PM

In this photo released by the RIchland County Jail, ...
COLUMBIA, S.C. - South Carolina starting quarterback Blake Mitchell was arrested after a bar fight Wednesday and has been suspended indefinitely from the team.

Mitchell was booked at Richland County jail for simple assault, a misdemeanor, police said.

A Columbia police report said Mitchell was involved in a fight in a bar near the university early Wednesday.

Mitchell was suspended from the team by coach Steve Spurrier, according to athletic department spokesman Steve Fink.

Never thought my first post would be on a SoCon thread

Toppermaniac
September 13th, 2006, 10:47 PM
We'll see if the Tops can stop Eldra Buckly (highly unlikely). I don't see WKU running against the Mocs, they allowed 99 to Memphis and less than 40 to TTU. I think UTC will make a statement in Bowling Green. I am revising my prediction Mocs win big 35 - 10.:hurray:

Well, we will see. I see it Topps 27 UTC 13.

OL FU
September 14th, 2006, 07:15 AM
FYI for you SoCon/Wofford fans...

South Carolina QB Mitchell Arrested
By Associated Press
Wed Sep 13, 4:19 PM

In this photo released by the RIchland County Jail, ...
COLUMBIA, S.C. - South Carolina starting quarterback Blake Mitchell was arrested after a bar fight Wednesday and has been suspended indefinitely from the team.

Mitchell was booked at Richland County jail for simple assault, a misdemeanor, police said.

A Columbia police report said Mitchell was involved in a fight in a bar near the university early Wednesday.

Mitchell was suspended from the team by coach Steve Spurrier, according to athletic department spokesman Steve Fink.

Never thought my first post would be on a SoCon thread

Welcome to AGS and a thread about the good guys and I ain't talkin' 'bout Carolina:smiley_wi

OL FU
September 14th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Since I will be leaving Carowinds about Gametime. any of you Charlotte people know the Tarhell radio station up there?

dungeonjoe
September 14th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Since I will be leaving Carowinds about Gametime. any of you Charlotte people know the Tarhell radio station up there?

Its been a year since I heard it, but I know there is one out of Charlotte. Don't get hijacked by the prices at carowinds;)

OL FU
September 14th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Its been a year since I heard it, but I know there is one out of Charlotte. Don't get hijacked by the prices at carowinds;)

:rolleyes: No doubt.

But this one is hard to pass up. Free tickets including parking and a free lunch. It will stil probably cost a pile just on drinks snacks. but with all the freebies it is hard to pass up:nod:

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Here ya go OL
http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/unc/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/affiliates0607

OL FU
September 14th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Here ya go OL
http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/unc/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/affiliates0607

Thanks Much

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks Much
NP!

Toppermaniac
September 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM

By the way, did you revise your prediction directly following a labotomy? I just have to ask. Were you actually serious when you made the 35-10 prediction?

ekufbfan
September 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM

chatty,

Just whip their @$$@$$$$@$@$, PLEASE!;)

Toppermaniac
September 14th, 2006, 09:31 PM
chatty,

Just whip their @$$@$$$$@$@$, PLEASE!;)

Hey ekufbfag, do you have a WKU fetish? You sure seem to want to stick your nose in all things WKU. I guess I understand though. Having missed the playoffs for so many years, I don't guess I can blame you. Hang in there. Maybe your boys will make the playoffs again before the next century arrives.

ekufbfan
September 14th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Hey ekufbfag, do you have a WKU fetish? You sure seem to want to stick your nose in all things WKU. I guess I understand though. Having missed the playoffs for so many years, I don't guess I can blame you. Hang in there. Maybe your boys will make the playoffs again before the next century arrives.

Touchy aren't ya?

But to answer your question, no fetish...but I sure don't like you guys. That's called a rivalry son. As far as sticking my nose in, this IS a public forum. IF you don't like what I have to say, just stick to HH, there you can read about wku through rose colored glasses.:cool:

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I'm anxious to see how Chattanooga does against "calibre" competition. It seemed like their first game was too easy, second too tough.

I will say that on most weekends, Chattanooga is the scariest team in the SoCon for me. They have incredible athletic talent but are slowly putting it together into a football team. I remember they had a defensive tackle the past few years who looked like a walking apartment building.

Toppermaniac
September 16th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Touchy aren't ya?

But to answer your question, no fetish...but I sure don't like you guys. That's called a rivalry son. As far as sticking my nose in, this IS a public forum. IF you don't like what I have to say, just stick to HH, there you can read about wku through rose colored glasses.:cool:

I despise the Hilltopper Haven site. They won't let but a certain few post on the site and most that do post there don't have a clue. I can't post on there simply because I have an email address that is favoarable to the KY Wildcats (I'm also a fan of UK). I believe they think it's like a secret society or something. Any message board that doesn't allow everyone to post isn't worth the time.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 16th, 2006, 10:55 AM
-Appalachian over Mars hill by 31
-UNC over Furman:( by 17. Furman gets a first half lead that evaporates in normal IAA versus IA fashion. DOn't think I wouldn't like to see another IA go down though.
-South Carolina by 30 - Wofford gets pounded from the get-go
-WKU by 7 - UTC is better than everyone thinkgs
-WCU by 7 - ditto
-GSU by 7 GOOOOOO EAGLES!!!

Mr. C
September 16th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Don't underestimate the Mocs. They are a dangerous team for anyone in I-AA. I would not be the least bit surprised to see UTC come away from Bowling Green with a win. This is a key game for BOTH teams.

chattanoogamocs
September 16th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I know past success has nothing to do with future results...but between the late 70's to early 90's, Chattanooga is 4-1 in Bowling Green and 8-3 overall (UC's only loss in BG was by 2 points).

....so hopefully Chattanooga still has WKU's "number" :)

I think/hope it will be a very tight game (most of the others in the past series have been close). Should be a pretty good little crowd with the game being less than 4 hours away (I know the SGA sponsored a bus for students).

Best of luck to all our SoCon brethern today!

Toppermaniac
September 16th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I know past success has nothing to do with future results...but between the late 70's to early 90's, Chattanooga is 4-1 in Bowling Green and 8-3 overall (UC's only loss in BG was by 2 points).

....so hopefully Chattanooga still has WKU's "number" :)

I think/hope it will be a very tight game (most of the others in the past series have been close). Should be a pretty good little crowd with the game being less than 4 hours away (I know the SGA sponsored a bus for students).

Best of luck to all our SoCon brethern today!

The first half was very close as the 7-7 score indicated. However, the second half wasn't as close, nor did the final score indicate how the second half actually went. UTC (which played very well) was absolutely handed their second score on an extremely bogus roughing the kicker call when they had 4th and long. At most it should have been a running into the kicker call (5 yards and no first down) and that is really stretching it. They scored their 3rd TD with 25 seconds left and the Toppers playing a prevent D (which I think should not be in existence). It was really a 2 TD game in the second half, but UTC gave a very good showing. As far as the bad roughing the kicker call, don't take my word for it. Try to find it on the net. I was there and it was a terrible call, not that it reall matters.