36 UC DAVIS
37 WOFFORD
38 CHARLESTON SOUTH
39 WESTERN KENTUCKY
40 EASTERN WASHINGTON

http://www.donhansen.com/polls/ncaa1-aa.php

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I think #15 UNI,#16 Colgate and #17GSU are poorly ranked especially when you consider both Delaware and Richmond are behind them.

MR. CHICKEN
September 10th, 2006, 09:05 PM
THANKY...MOUNTAIN OWL....TIME WILL TELL.........:nod:.......BRAWK!

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Richmond deserves to be higher. Delaware is still a work in progress and anywhere they are ranked is fine by me.

Hampton at 8????? I guess Don never actually pays attention to playoff results. I know he's never been to a MEAC game.

aceinthehole
September 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
1 NEW HAMPSHIRE
2 YOUNGSTOWN STATE
3 APPALACHIAN STATE
4 CAL POLY
5 MONTANA
6 ILLINOIS STATE
7 FURMAN
8 HAMPTON
9 MASSACHUSETTS
10 PORTLAND STATE
11 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
13 McNEESE STATE
14 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
15 NORTHERN IOWA
16 COLGATE
17 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
18 DELAWARE
19 JACKSONVILLE STATE
20 RICHMOND
21 MONTANA STATE
22 EASTERN ILLINOIS
23 TEXAS STATE
24 SOUTHERN B.R
25 WILLIAM & MARY
26 CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
27 DELAWARE STATE
28 SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
29 NICHOLLS STATE
30 COASTAL CAROLINA
31 LAFAYETTE
32 HOFSTRA
33 ALABAMA A&M
34 CHATTANOOGA
35 EASTERN KENTUCKY
36 UC DAVIS
37 WOFFORD
38 CHARLESTON SOUTH
39 WESTERN KENTUCKY
40 EASTERN WASHINGTON

Please! This is a joke.

GSU loses at home to CCSU and is ranked 9 spots higher in a poll.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Please! This is a joke.

GSU loses at home to CCSU and is ranked 9 spots higher in a poll.

This happens all the time. Tradition and name carry a lot of weight in polls unfortunetly. Don't expect CCSU to be ranked ahead of GSU in the TSN poll tomorrow either.

AppGuy04
September 10th, 2006, 09:24 PM
haha, GSU should even be in the top 25

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 09:31 PM
haha, GSU should even be in the top 25

Agreed, I don't know where CCSU belongs. (Although I am keeping my eye on them) But unless you put CCSU somewhere GA Southern doesn't belong at all.

Punchykky
September 10th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Richmond deserves to be higher. Delaware is still a work in progress and anywhere they are ranked is fine by me.

Hampton at 8????? I guess Don never actually pays attention to playoff results. I know he's never been to a MEAC game.

So just what would he see by going to a MEAC game?

youwouldno
September 10th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Neither CCSU nor GSU belong.

WMTribe90
September 10th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Just because you beat a team doesn't mean you automatically jump them in the polls/rankings. That said I don't have GSU in my top 25 for now. I put CCSU in at #24, but with their remaining schedule its going to be hard for them to move up. CCSU has to hope that GSU wins 7 or 8 games from here on out to validate their win.

As for Hansen's rankings, IMO....

UR should be higher.
GSU should be lower.
Colgate should be lower.
Hampton should be lower.
UC Davis is top 25.

The rest seems reasonable.

FlyYtown
September 10th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I like what I see: YSU is #2!

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I like what I see: YSU is #2!

Hansen has always been a Mid West and Gateway Homer.

Jaxhen
September 10th, 2006, 09:51 PM
1 NEW HAMPSHIRE
2 YOUNGSTOWN STATE
3 APPALACHIAN STATE
4 CAL POLY
5 MONTANA
6 ILLINOIS STATE
7 FURMAN
8 HAMPTON
9 MASSACHUSETTS
10 PORTLAND STATE
11 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
13 McNEESE STATE
14 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
15 NORTHERN IOWA
16 COLGATE (too high)
17 GEORGIA SOUTHERN (too high)
18 DELAWARE
19 JACKSONVILLE STATE
20 RICHMOND (too low)
21 MONTANA STATE
22 EASTERN ILLINOIS
23 TEXAS STATE
24 SOUTHERN B.R
25 WILLIAM & MARY
26 CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
27 DELAWARE STATE
28 SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
29 NICHOLLS STATE
30 COASTAL CAROLINA
31 LAFAYETTE
32 HOFSTRA
33 ALABAMA A&M
34 CHATTANOOGA
35 EASTERN KENTUCKY (too low)
36 UC DAVIS (too low)
37 WOFFORD
38 CHARLESTON SOUTH
39 WESTERN KENTUCKY
40 EASTERN WASHINGTON

I think Richmond, Eastern Kentucky, and UC Davis should be ranked higher and James Madison should at least be in the top 40. Colgate and Georgia Southern are probably ranked too high right now based on the results of their first game.

birdsflyhigh
September 11th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Good to see ISU's Redbirds climb a bit and the YSU Penguins perched at
#2. This saturday the Birds have a showdown with EIU. Anxious to see them tame the Panthers. After last week, I'd say keep your eyes on the UCA Bears. They gave the Birds all they wanted in a much tougher than expected game.

Would have to agree with an earlier poster about the UNI Panthers being ranked ahead of Delaware Blue Hens and the Richmond Spiders. You can talk the UND Sioux up all you want, but that was a horrible HOME loss by UNI to a lower division team. If UNI doesn't dramatically improve their defense, then they are going to find each and every Gateway game a nightmare. Who knows though...maybe they'll get it together again soon?

Six more days 'till Saturday again... woo hoo!! :hurray:

G.S.Green
September 11th, 2006, 04:40 AM

Hampton will never get any love until it goes on the road every year and beat highly ranked teams in their house without any guarantee of ever coming to HU. :twocents:

txstatebobcat
September 11th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I can't believe TxSt is still in the top 25 with that pathetic showing this past weekend.

ngineer
September 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Other than the top 3, nobody knows nuthin' about teams at this point in the season. Lehigh loses to a 'mid-major' by a point in a rain game and drops into oblivion, despite winning on the road against an A-10 team, this week. GSU loses at home to a mid-major and is still ranked...It's pure reputation of what is perceived as to the strength of the conference you're from. I'm not all that bothered, though, because at this early in the season 95% of this is all pure guesswork and gibberish mixed in with regional bias. Everything will work its way out in the coming weeks...and of course, come late November..:thumbsup:

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Other than the top 3, nobody knows nuthin' about teams at this point in the season. Lehigh loses to a 'mid-major' by a point in a rain game and drops into oblivion, despite winning on the road against an A-10 team, this week. GSU loses at home to a mid-major and is still ranked...It's pure reputation of what is perceived as to the strength of the conference you're from. I'm not all that bothered, though, because at this early in the season 95% of this is all pure guesswork and gibberish mixed in with regional bias. Everything will work its way out in the coming weeks...and of course, come late November..:thumbsup:

It is amazing how Lehigh has completely fallen off the face of the earth in the polls. They've been a fixture for 8 years and after one loss they fall into oblivion. With that said you are correct, it's not where you are in September it's where you are in November. However if they do get the ball rolling it might be very difficult to make up all this ground since they are completely off the map. I think a big win Saturday will hopefully get people to notice again. I'd like to atleast see them back under receiving votes on 1 poll with a win Sat.

blukeys
September 11th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Hampton will never get any love until it goes on the road every year and beat highly ranked teams in their house without any guarantee of ever coming to HU. :twocents:

Hampton will get love when they win a playoff game instead of being blown out in the opening round.